E3 2012

Here's my Nintendo bingo card, in all of its Comic Sans-y glory.

so far, the idea of Steam integration is the only thing that could bring me any interest in the console, ignoring the fact that the PS3 did precious little with the opportunity. Otherwise, the Wii U is simply a continuation of the decline of a gaming company that once made games for gamers.

27823982019_d53174fab1_b.jpg

I'm itching for more Halo 4 info, but I want to know more about this wiiU thing...seems weird but that's Nintendo.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Lemme respond, by letters:B: 1. Pikmin 3 as a launch title would be awesome. =D2. Eh. Dunno if they'd announce that while focusing on the Wii U. =/ And honestly, I think I'd want it to be bigger, not smaller. Would be cool, though.3. ALL OF MY MONEY. TAKE IT NOW.4. That I can definitely see happening.5. That'd be kinda cool, yes. *Nods*I: 1. See B3. =P2. Haha, gotta have a wafflemaker, that's also needed for the 3DS revision. =P3. Now that would be amazing. That would make me consider possibly getting it earlier than three years from it's release. =P4. That would be very cool, and be something to make use of actually having a 3DS in time for E3 this year. xD5. See I1 and B3, and also, remember what I said in I3 about earlier than three years from it's release? This would cut it down to about one year at max from release, depending on when it releases.N: 1. That's kinda plausible, considering the leaked trailer.2. That'd be cool; but if it allows literal integration in terms of 'you can play Steam games on the Wii U', then bah, I'll need to definitely remember my info now. xD3. E3 for everyone!4. What do you mean by that one? Like what the PS360 has? 5. Hmm. Super Mario Brothers/NES all over again. =PG: 1. YES YES YES DO IT CAPCOM. And B3, I1, and I5 reactions for that news.2. I'd be intrigued, we've barely heard anything about that recently. =/3. That'd be cool, I wanna try it again. =D4. Yeah! I kinda want that, so long as we don't have a deja vu case for getting it localized here. =P And this time they should have it everywhere, though it might be understandable why, if what I heard about Gamestop localizing it themselves is true.5. ... I dunno about this one... I like TP and all, but unless they fix some things, I dunno if I'd like that. Like, you know, the barren fields. =PO: 1. That's iffy, considering development just started 3-4 months ago at max. =/ Would be amazing if they had a trailer of any sorts, though. =D2. If that's alongside NSMBMii, then that's perfectly fine by me. =D3. Eh. If they aren't just 'oh hey, you get bragging rights!' rewards(I'm looking at you, KI:U, you had so much to be able to unlock, yet you still manage to have empty Treasure Hunt spaces. >_>), then that's okay to me. Or if they're obviously just bragging rights for some games, but others actually unlock stuff, then that's fine too... But if it's just for 'gamerscore' or something, I dunno. That's something I'll have to wait and see about. =)4. B3, I1, I5, G1 reactions here. =P ... Given that that's five things now(And multiples in this case), I should be scared for my wallet. =P Though, they'd have to make sure they didn't mess it up like they did with the GB/GBC Virtual Console on the 3DS... I mean, really? There's still no Oracles, and we're lagging behind Japan so badly they have like 10 big name games? Really? -_-5. Now this would be awesome. =DLeada: How so? Just because of the tablet controller? Or because it doesn't have 10x the graphics capabilities of the current gen consoles?

Edited by Pit: Arrow of Light

Here's my Nintendo bingo card, in all of its Comic Sans-y glory.

replace the waffle-iron one with the more plausible "wii-u price is insanely high" and i'm in.doubting it will be but it's always a possibility.
This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

My wishlist for E3 is small compared to last year. I KNOW Nintendo is gonna be all like "oh yeah we've totally got like, four more Mario platformers ready by Dec. 2013 for u all lulz" and also "oh btw Paper Mario 3DS is like, non-existent as always, but here's another recycled trailer lol". >=(Anyway... list time!

• [*]Zelda HD is for real, will release in a few years[*]Pikmin 3 is ready for launch[*]Super Mario Mii is NOT HAPPENING[*]Wii U name is changed- my preferred name would be "The Nintendo"[*]Rayman Legends information[*]Paper Mario release date announced, more information released[*]Luigi's Mansion 2 given a better title[*]Star Fox for Wii U; possibly a crossover with Metroid. That would be sweet if done right.[*]New F-Zero for Wii U[*]A hint of news on SSB4[*]Super Mario World inspirations in NSMB2

And seperate from Nintendo, I want news on Halo 4 and Borderlands 2, as well as anything Valve might show (including that still rumoured console...)-ibrow

Just saw the Kingdom Hearts 3D E3 trailer (yep, they released it already), and wasn't impressed by it. It was basically the ten-minute trailer, but cut down to three minutes and with about ten seconds of new English stuff. What I'm really waiting for for KH3D are hands-on impressions, though.

I want freaking Episode 3. But by now, my hopes have died down on that.I would like to get to see the preview of the new Saints Row the Third expansion: Enter the Dominatrix. Say all you want about how Volition might be making the game too silly for its own good (I will admit I liked Saints Row 2 better gameplay-wise), but I'd be interested in see how they'll execute their promises about your character having powers or whatnot (Being a Super-Saint in the Trouble With Clones DLC was fun as heck).Other than that, I guess I can wait to see how Sony and Microsoft might embarrass themselves with presentation of their "exciting new products". People are still groaning from watching the Kinect presentations from last year.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

sony probably won't announce anything new because from the looks of things, they're actually sticking to the "10 year" lifespan thing.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

For those who haven't heard yet, Nintendo will be holding a pre-E3 conference tomorrow (Sunday June 3) at 3pm PST/6pm EST. The conference is supposed to focus entirely on the WiiU hardware (so no games until Tuesday). It can be watched on Nintendo's official website.

Edited by Promised Land

I'll definitely be watching the Nintendo Pre-E3 conference, want some solid WiiU info, with all the rumors floating around.Anyways, I'm also hoping for a localization of Atelier Ayesha, although I'm not too worried about not getting that one, since all the console games since Iris have been localized. It probably isn't too likely, since it was just announced in Japan, but I hope it gets localized, as it looks like a darker Atelier game, which is a good break from the sugar-overloaded Arland games.

Hmm, Wii U focus... Nintendo Direct(Which means potentially Japan as well?)...Might we get some actual definitive info? That we might not have gotten for a while still? Likely not the price, but... =P

The Nintendo Pre-E3 conference just started, Iwata is talking about how Nintendo is making something unique, and most of E3 will be about WiiU.WHOAH. The WiiU Gamepad an be used as a standard IR TV remote.Also, there's a WiiU Pro controller, which is like a Dualshock/Xbox wireless controller for the WiiU! And the system might also be available in black!And the main menu has something similar to the Mii Plaza- Called the Mii Wara Wara, or the Miiverse.

Edited by Terminus

Here's a recap:

• [*]Wii U tablet controller now called “Wii U GamePad.”
    • [*]The name was inspired by the NES/Famicom controller.[*]Production version of the Wii U GamePad now features analog sticks that can be pressed.[*]Button layout has been modified.[*]Little square under D-Pad is for NFC functions.[*]GamePad has a TV Control button that works like a universal TV remote.[*]GamePad has Gyro and Motion controls.[*]GamePad can be used as a camera for video chatting.[*]Content being viewed on the GamePad can be moved over to the TV to share with others.

[*]Wii U gameplay footage to be shown at E3.[*]Wii U will support Wii peripherals. (Wii remote, Nunchuk and Balance Board mentioned)[*]Wii U Pro controller will offer more traditional control methods. (Looks like a 360 controller with the buttons and second analog positions swapped)[*]Wii U will have an online plaza where people can post messages with others.

• [*]Miis gather on the Wii U menu with speech bubbles showing messages from other people talking about games.[*]The dev team called this “Mii Wara Wara.”[*]Nintendo has dubbed this “Miiverse.”[*]This is the first thing displayed when the Wii U is powered on.[*]The GamePad can be used to send both typed and handwritten messages.[*]Miiverse can interact with all Wii U games.[*]Plans to implement Miiverse notifications on 3DS, PC and other mobile devices.

That zombie game thing was juuuuust cheesy enough to make it funny. :PAlso, anyone notice how the screen in the "zombie game" was blacked out? Anyone else think that may be a hint at RE6 on WiiU getting revealed on Tuesday?

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

Yeah, there still is a home menu, the "Miiverse".And while I dont doubt RE6 will be on WiiU (I'm pretty sure nearly all future multiplatform Games will be on WiiU), for the bit you do see the screen, it looks like a deformed Zombie FPS (the game was simply titled "shooter"), and not much like RE.And the conference video is online, for anyone who missed it.

Edited by Terminus

Any think the icons and comments in the Miiverse point to new games (of course, the icons were for pretty much every series, but pay attention to the comments). Maybe...Oh and I loved the zombie game video SOOOO much!

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

So, instead of simply selecting an option, you essentially play a minigame to select it? Or, am I misinterpreting that?Terminus: Well... RE6 will essentially be a Third Person Shooter... But, I could be wrong.(Though, if you recall the MGS4 trailer, it seemed like a FPS at first, before showing it was MGS)

Where is what I officially want to see-More info on Halo 4-a better glimpse into Rayman Legends, along with its WiiU exclusive stuff-some more info on WiiU (even with info here, I'm still perplexed)-If the WiiU can play old Wii games (probably yes but who knows)

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

@Zacax: It's FULLY backwards compatible. It doesn't matter at all if the Wii game is from 2010 or 2006, it works on Wii U.Oh and about the comments that I mentioned earlier, under the Samus icon, "Back. He's baaaaack..."Possibly hinting to a new Metroid game featuring Ridely (of course) being revealed at E3?

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

Well, it's basically the Home Menu integrated into the Mii Plaza, and you select stuff like in the normal Wii menu.And the zombie just didn't look like RE style, it actually seemed a bit more like a monster from Zelda, IMO. And, I'd doubt that the WiiU 30-minute reveal would really use a third party game when they can just as easily make a tech demo or render a CGI video.

@PurpleBouncy: Thanks on that.Now about the possible metroid and star fox crossover....idk..well I don't know much about both, but the idea seems interesting yet sounds like it could fail. But hey epic Mickey was like that and it was, well epic, so yea!

I'm going to be watching the Microsoft press conference tomorrow. Even better, I'll be able to stream if right from my Xbox.Games I'm looking forward to:Halo 4Mass Effect 3 DLCAlan Wake 2Castlevania: Lords of Shadows 2Tomb RaiderDishonoredThe Elder Scrolls OnlineZelda HD? Or a proper Metroid FPS againGears of War: JudgementThat Crytek Kinect game that's kinda disappearedRayman LegendsAssassin's Creed 3Bioshock InfiniteBorderlands 2Beyond Good & Evil 2?Grand Theft Auto 5A new Fable sans Peter Molyneux?Torchlight 2Anything from Supergiant GamesI'm highly interested in Windows 8 integration with Xbox360/720. Microsoft has done a great job of pushing entertainment to the 360, I'd love to get more TV streaming news. I doubt very seriously that they will talk about the 360 successor at all, though. The 360 is still selling ridiculously well.I'll also tune into the Sony conference to see what they try and do to resuscitate the PS3 and Vita.Watching the Nintendo conference should be just as embarrassing as watching that Zombie Game commercial on the pre-event video they released today.

Edited by Van Der

What is dead may never die.

Well, I thought I might as well make a top 10 list of what I want from E3:Before all else: Final Fantasy Versus XIII info. NOW. We've been in the dark for, like, two years now.1: Some sort of SSB4 info2: WiiU price and release date (or a month window, at least)3: InFamous 3, at least some confirmation that it'll happen. Because, of course, there was the ? at the end of 2,4: Final Fantasy Type-0 confirmation for NA5: Kingdom Hearts HD Collection, because the CE of 3D isn't good enough for a tenth anniversary.6: Playstation All-Stars info. I really want to know if Drake and Cole will be in it.7: Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of the Ground of Dusk confirmed for NA8: Mario Kart and Zelda confirmed as WiiU launch titles, possibly a FPS Metroid detailed.9: Tons of info on The Last Of Us10: Majora's Mask 3D. As I don't have the patience to get to the first dungeon in the N64 version.

Well, it was in a statement, and could be wrong.Also, looking at that one video(It was at the beginning of the Miiverse trailer, right? If not, I'm looking in the wrong place. xD), it looked kinda realistic to me, about a similar style to FPS mode on RE. I could be wrong, as my only experience is with the RE:R demo, but.../EDIT: Anyone find that one comment near the dancer-like icon odd? I only ask, since it specifically said trainers... Could be real life fitness trainers, but, what's the biggest thing that has trainers in a Nintendo game series...?

Edited by Pit: Arrow of Light

Well, there's already the hint at a Metroid game for WiiU being announced at E3-under the Samus icon, "Back. He's baaaaaaack..."He=RidleyAnd yeah, that could be a hint at Pokemon.EDIT: Microsoft press conference starts in 18 minutes. Please don't give us more talk about how you're SURE, absolutely SURE, that Kinect's revolution of gaming is coming soon. It doesn't change anything. Just give me confirmation on whether Halo 4 is ruining the franchise or going to be awesome, and maybe drop a hint at Fable 4, not The Journey.Another edit: Microsoft just earned an F-.WHO BRINGS USHER TO E3?!?! THIS SUCKS!

Edited by PurpleBouncy