Alex Humva

OOC: alex go on AIM for like, 2 seconds, whenever cha can. IC[Jason Hanlon - Orcen] "With all due respect, sir." Hanlon muttered, rising, his crossbow in his hands, helmet already back on his head. He looked like the poster boy for a movie, or a video game, with his long barreled crossbow being held at an awkward angle, and his armor looking menacing. "I don't know how necessary swords will be." EDIT:

11 user(s) are reading this topic 1 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users

omgee i made some fans Edited by ~JC~

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

IC[Jason Hanlon - Orcen] A perceptive soldier missed nothing. A good sniper missed even less, and Hanlon was both of those. Fortunately for Ronare, he was also a disciplined soldier, and this spared the newcomer from having his neck wrung. "Commander Monroe is the CO of Maker's Fist, that is affirmative." He replied in a cold and professional tone.

OOC:Sup guys! I've decided to wind up back here. I'm interested in playing, but it seems things move raither quickly (I was reading for about 15 mins and the thread doubbled in sizeXD)Any chance I can get a sumery of whats gone on before I post a char profile?

Edited by Thomas Hunter

I am/Have been:

Thomas.Hunter

Thomas of Hunter

Valborg Svensson

ThePatronSaintOfLostCauses

I've been gone for awhile. Thought I'd come back for the new fourms.

OOC: nooowhere near as quickly as some other RPGs ive played. so far, we've gone on a 'mission' to meet up with a guy, who told us that the warlocks are gonna open a magic book that seems to be treated like its a nuke made from trees, and we're kinda paniced about that. @Toasty boi: im gonna have to ask what you mean by the tone, since i specifically said he was just being professional.

Edited by ~JC~

OOC:Ok cool. I'll add a profile to this post in a minute or so right now.

Username~ Thomas HunterCharacter Name~ Jonis of RohanAge~ Presumably 16Specialized weapon~ Gloves on both hands. Super threatning right? Attached to each glove is a sling-shot like band, and in the middle is a slot that can hold special arrowheads. To use, Jonis holds out a hand, takes the other hand and pulls the arrowhead back in the sling-shot. The pouch that holds them is at the base of the back of his neck, so he can alternate hands and re-fire very quickly.Appearance~ About 5'11", Blonde hair that he keeps short due to his wepon, Blue eyes, Is both Right and Left handed.Ability/Trait~ He seems to know effective hand-to-hand combat, and is a good shot this his gloves. He's also excelent at engeneering things, so if a weapon or contraption needs to be made he's the guy you'd go to.Bio~ Jonis grew up the son of a merchant. His father Rohan always had high standards for him and expected him to follow in his trade. And he was planning on following him, until one day on a trip from Nogard to Orcen his father's convoy was jumped by some bandits. Jonis was trained more so in economics than warfare, so when his father told him to run, he ran. He made it to Orcen to stay with his uncle for a few days (his home was in Nogard previously) and waited for his father's arrival. But he never came. Word reached him 2 weeks later that everyone was killed by the bandits and the merchandice stolen. He soon decided that he would follow his uncle's trade instead, which is weapon engneering. His uncle is quite eccentric, and 90% of his weapons don't really work. Jonis however was able to craft a very quick fireing glove weapon, that he always has on him. He also has a crossbow with an extremely accurate sight. When he is in very close range fighting, he can put the arrow heads he used in between his fingers like brass knuckles, or simply hold them and... well, stab. Jonis thought he would use his knowledge and skills on the coming expidition againts the warlocks.

Edited by Thomas Hunter

I am/Have been:

Thomas.Hunter

Thomas of Hunter

Valborg Svensson

OOC: i meant cold like cool, collected. jason's just as old as your guy, btw, and from what im guessing has seniority anyways (but your bio doesnt specify). we're in the courtyard with the rest of the humans IC[Jason Hanlon - Orcen] "I think the more pressing issue of lunch is what our management is dispatching us on." He replied, fully aware of the fact that it was very early in the morning, and uncaring as to what meal the rest of his team ate. "So I assume we'll be dispatching now anyways."

Edited by ~JC~

OOC: So... I guess I'll ask again: Any way for me to jump in with either humans or warlocks?

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

If you like this banner, please feel free to add it to your signature.

QUOTE(GregF @ Oct 13 2010, 03:21 AM)

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

Do you think you have what it take to climb... Up the Carrion Stair!

Credit to Toa Zehvor MT for the banner!

OOC*still working on a doorstopper post* As to Thomas' profile, eh, revise the bio. I can accept one or two guys having amnesia and I know it's a great character tool but it's really cliche'd and this RPG doesn't need any more help with cliches.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: Didn't realize someone else had amnesia, sorry :P I'll fix that. Also I'm going to be gone from tomorrow until sunday afternoon so pretend I'm with the humans and I'll IC when I get home EDIT: Character profile edited.

Edited by Thomas Hunter

I am/Have been:

Thomas.Hunter

Thomas of Hunter

Valborg Svensson

OOC: Not as far as I can tell. I need a response from Alex here.Also Thomas, since you fixed all that Alex said he had a problem with, I say approved. Also those slingshot gloves would'nt have too much range on them, but they'd still be effective for sneaky close hits.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOC: Ok never mind then :PIC: {Jonis/\Humans/\Orcen} Jonis woke up and realized he was late. He quickly threw open the door to his personal armory (half of the weapons need some 'tuning'... he'll work them out eventually) and grabbed his gloves and arrowheads. He then took his crossbow with the sight and strapped it to his back. He was ready.He ran out of his room and out the front door, yelling out to his uncle that he was leaving. He made his way to the courtyard, and stood in the back.This would be quite interesting indeed.

I am/Have been:

Thomas.Hunter

Thomas of Hunter

Valborg Svensson

Felix glanced down at his orders again. Yes, he had been transferred to a new unit. There was no room for error, of course. Why should there be? The empire was all humanity had. All humanity needed. Felix entered the courtyard to meet his new brothers.

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

IC[Jason Hanlon - Orcen] The soldier took his seat, back on the bench near the fountain. The huge hinged doors to the courtyard creaked open, and he glanced over as another member of Maker's Fist walked through the door. The team was clearly a lot bigger than he suspected it was, either that, or the Empire was in desperate need of new management. He rose and took a few steps towards the newcomer, saluting as he did. "Soldier." He employed the greeting once again, and once again he looked to be the only one to do so.

Edited by ~JC~

"Sir. Felix William Brandonson reporting for duty, sir!" Felix stood at full attention and saluted crisply. He had it all down better than a long-haired and shabbily dressed soldier should have. But that was who he was.

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

OOC: ugh alex we need ranks :S IC[Jason Hanlon - Orcen] Hanlon's eyebrow climbed two inches beneath his helmet, impressed. The man looked shabby and unorthodox, but he had heard similar things about himself, and more importantly he seemed disciplined. Practiced, at the very least, which made a better first impression then much else could have. "Jason Hanlon." He replied, regarding the newcomer with curiosity.

"Are you the commander for this unit, sir?" OOC: This might help. XD

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

OOCArg, yeah yeah yeah, I'll get the ranks out. I've got my doorstopper post done, so expect it later tonight if the world is kind; if not, tomorrow. Really sorry about keeping you guys all locked up like this; highschool is going be the death of me. But for right now, the ranks are as such; Monroe is Commander, five dropped -think of that as 'five stars', Karin is Lieutenant, three dropped, and everyone else is some unspecified rank, but all the same rank until further notice. Meanwhile, bumper IC to keep things flowing IC [Orcen, Night] "Yeah Lieutenant, go ahead; there's a restaurant here, uh, the General's Dish, it's pretty good. I'll meet you there later." The Commander turned to the extremely eager soldier. "No, I'd be the Commander; Commander Monroe."

Edited by Alex Humva

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: "Ah! My apologies, sir! I'm Felix William Brandonson, reporting for duty, sir!" OOC: Why the heck did I give that last name?EDIT: Right, forgot about IC.

Edited by Lord Kaitan de Storms

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

OOC: Kaitan, remember you need to use IC as well as OOC. IC: "Right, thanks Commander," responded quickly. She gave a slight bow then left the courtyard. She worked her way to the main entrance to the palace where she asked an attendant where to find the restaurant Monroe had recommended. It turned out that it was pretty close to the entrance. She found the restaurant and went inside.

Edited by Revolutionary Saint Kothra
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC [Mox, Twilight]“There’s too many!” The Great Council had gathered in a building near the evacuation Pathways, warlock warriors frantically trying to keep the beasts at bay. They kept coming though, and none ever truly fell; they lay still for a minute, then arose to attack. A young warrior, only having seen twenty five winters, looked at the Elder Councilors with a look of defeat. “We must abandon Mox!”“Inconceivable!” One of the Elders yelled. “We are warlocks, sons of the Makers! Mox has been held for thousands of years; we will not retreat so easily, not now!”“Silence yourself Endar.” The oldest of the Elders sighed, watching as a few warlocks carefully moved a box to the center of the room. “The Books of Prophecy shall be opened; it is in such a dire time that they were made to be opened. Whatever comes of Mox, we must know the Prophecies.”“We can still fight them off without the Books; we cannot risk the end of all things when we still have hope!”“Endar, I respect your opinion, but you have been overruled.” The Eldest walked towards the box, unlocking the various metal locks on it, then slowly opening the crate until two books sat unbounded, their leather covers shining a little. Everyone present took a step back, feeling the power that radiated from the books. “The Books of Prophecy; made at the dawn of time, when warlock magic knew no bounds and humans were but a glimpse in the Makers’ eyes. The power imbued into these books is unrivaled, it’s strength impossible to know. It is said that if anyone without magic in their blood were to gaze upon these books, they would die.”“Well, if we must do this, let us do it without the theatrics.” Endar looked at the Books nervously. “Which do we open first?”“We open both at the same time; Councilor Gordian, if you would please.” The Eldest watched as the Councilor took the top book, then he himself picked up the bottom. “The inscriptions say that when these Books are opened, all lives will become forfeit, and that the Makers themselves shall return. May the Makers have mercy on our souls.”Both Councilors opened the books at the same time, and power rippled. There was no explosion, no light show, just... a feeling. It spread quicker than sound, going throughout the land of Alkermpa like a pebble being tossed into a pond. Everywhere, people looked towards where that pebble had been dropped, in the back of their minds knowing something strong had been disturbed.In Mox, the creatures felt the ripple; and they lashed out. Their attacks quickened, but now they swarmed towards the small building near the evacuation, desperately trying to reach the source of the ripple. Meanwhile, the Eldest read the Book he held, gazing over the Prophecies. He had barely reached the second page when his blood turned to ice, looking up from the Book to look at his fellow Councilors.“May the Makers have mercy on our souls...” He feebly muttered, his hands quaking. He was two hundred and fourteen years old; he was the oldest warlock alive. He had seen war, death, destruction, braved it all and prevailed... but this shook his very heart, as he read more and more of the Prophecies. “The time of Alkermpa is gone. We are doomed. The warlocks cannot win. They will not win. The humans will starve in their cities, the warlocks will be culled... the land will once more be desolate. We are destroyed.”“What does it say?!” Endar tried to look at the Book, but the Eldest held it away from him. “Tell us what it says!”“No. We are destroyed. The warlocks are destroyed...” The Eldest stumbled backward, his vision beginning to blur. “They are destroyed...”“Eldest!” Councilor Gordian spoke up for the first time. “There is hope. Here, there is a page regarding how to save ourselves. There is a group mentioned, a group that will fight this menace and save the warlocks. A group of young warlocks; it says when the Books are opened they will be summoned to the Everlasting Fountain, the fountain of Arhtok.”The Eldest read the page, light beginning to show in his eyes again. Then he frowned. “This says that there will be a group of humans who save us; that can’t be so. It says they will deliver us from our darkest hour. They’re the cause!”“Eldest, surely you aren’t letting your-”“This goes on to say... no... humans would never... they couldn’t...” The Eldest continued to read, then looked at the Council that was assembled. “We will all read the Books in Arhtok, after we have evacuated. After that, they will be burned.”“Burned?!” Councilor Gordian looked like someone had stabbed his mother. “These are warlock heritage! These aren’t just the Prophecies, they speak of the time when the Makers walked our world! The Books are the key to understanding the secrets of enchantment, how warlocks once used not nature but enchantments and potions to use all manner of powers! You cannot simply burn them!”“They are blasphemous; there are legends saying the humans had a part in writing them, and so it seems they did. The humans have corrupted the warlock Prophecies with their own, false Prophets who would seek to deceive their enemies in the future.”“That’s lunacy! This was before the war! This was written when the Makers walked the world and taught the warlocks and the humans!” Gordian realized what was happening, and he was trying to stop it. “Human Prophets were blessed with the same gift as the warlock Prophets!”“The Makers taught only the warlocks; the humans were left to be barbarians. It was only with warlock kindness that the humans advanced.” The Eldest had drawn a sword, a ceremonial weapon made of crystal. “Councilor Gordian, you are speaking blasphemy against the Makers themselves. Silence yourself and perhaps the Makers will take pity on your soul. Continue this and you will be stripped of your position.”“You’re the one that is speaking blasphemy! You think that just because you’re the Eldest you can change history?! You burn the Books of Prophecy, simply because it says that humans and warlocks will work together to save Alkermpa?! You are insane, Eldest!” Gordian’s hand was twitching, ready to go to the defense. “I will not allow you to burn our people’s history, just because it doesn’t fit into your insane agenda!”“May the Makers have mercy on your soul.” The Eldest, in surprising speed for his age, stabbed the Councilor in the chest, watching as the man stuttered for a moment, staring at the Eldest with one last look of rage, then his eyes went blank, his body limp. Pulling the sword out, the Eldest looked at the dead body on the floor, then looked at the Council. “We know the ancient laws; heresy against the Makers is punishable by death, as only they can truly judge what is right. May he find grace with the Makers in his death.”The Council was silent, many of the members shuffling amongst each other. It was then a warlock warrior ran into the room, panting, and was soon followed by several other warriors. “Councilors, the creatures are swarming on the building, and more are coming in by the minute. We’re dying out there, and there’s no more of us to go. We’ve managed to evacuate all the civilians, and as far as we are aware there is no one left here but ourselves.”“Very well.” The Eldest clenched his fist, a Dark Pathway forming. “We will return to Mox, when the time comes that the warlocks at long last triumph over their human oppressors.”— Monroe's head bolted up as the ripple passed through the palace, as did everyone else. "Is it safe to assume I'm not the only one who felt that?" Monroe's hand slid to his sword. "That felt... powerful. Not sure how, but it did. I'm going put two and two together and say that the Books of Prophecy have been opened. It's too soon to be a coincidence. This can't mean anything good."

voidstars.png

IC: Karin was in mid-step when the ripple hit. The mental shock caused her brain to stop thinking about what it was doing, and so Karin tripped. "What the heck..." she muttered as she pulled herslef to her feet, waving off assistance from the nearest waitress.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC [Everywhere] All over, another ripple followed; a ripple that was felt only by a certain few, an urge, a command to go to a location. It rested in the back of their minds, keeping itself there until it's command had been completed. They all felt the same thing; to go to an ancient spring, currently residing in Arhtok. OOCAll warlock PCs, that'd be you guys.

voidstars.png

IC: Tabris looked out the window of an upper window toward the village's fountain. He frowned and and headed down the stairs, telling the attendant to finish cleaning room four.He went out into the square to the fountain, wondering why he felt the need to be there.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOC: What about Martin, would he be exempt because he already decided to take a swim? =P-==IC: Martin==-Martin paused, as he frowned, feeling the constant ripple as well.I'm not sure if this is a good sign, or a bad one... Martin thought, as he looked back, and sighed, as he decided to pay the good ol' fountain another visit, just to be safe.

IC [Arhtok, Twilight] Come, sons of the Makers. Everyone summoned heard the voice in their head, the same one that had spoken to Martin. Heed this calling. OOCWoohoo to creepy old sentient springs.

voidstars.png

OOC: alex posted the ranks, im a happy camper. IC[Jason Hanlon - Orcen] Sargent Five-Dropped Jason C. Hanlon was a soldier who had not once shaken in his boots in ten long years of campaigns, crusades, assassinations, and trials. Gung ho, he was, but it was backed by a spine that was spoken of and respected by all in the military. Was he a legend? That was debatable. What wasn't, were his traits. He was brave, strong, and just. He could make a shot from five hundred meters. He was the one his allies looked to, his commander's enjoyed, and his trainers were proud of. But as the magic of the most powerful warlocks was able to crack and dance in his mind, even he was forced back into the whiny, sniveling shell that was him as a recruit when his eleven years of training and discipline was unable to hold back a whispered, "Oh s***."