Alex Humva

IC[Jason Hanlon - Orcen] Jason's eyebrow rose beneath his helmet. While the comment about the magic user did spark his interest, he decided not to comment. Instead, he just nodded. Who is this man to live in Xorov, then? And why do I get the feeling that I'll need to be assassinating him? "Very good, sir. Who are we waiting on, then?"

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

IC: "I'm Lieutenant Renard, the XO," announced Karin."And speaking of that woman, she'll probably say things to get under your skin, but just ignore her. Or you could kill her I suppose, but Commander Monroe doesn't think the hike back home would be worth it."OOC: I'll go add Jason to the profile post now.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC [Orcen, Twilight] "A few more team members, then we'll be off." The man sighed. "And please, if you insist on killing her, do it here. I'm sure the Emperor will understand, with that sort of *****."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

mmkay, thanks. IC[Jason Hanlon - Orcen] Jason just nodded at the Lieutenant, keeping a poker face under his helmet. People asked him why he wore it- he said it looked good. Which was true. But he also wore it to protect his emotions. Were the XO aware that Hanlon was scoffing at her joke, she probably wouldn't have thought too kindly of it. Monroe at least seems disciplined. Let's hope this job doesn't get completely botched. "Very good. I hadn't done a headcount." He lied. "I'll be sure to kill her when the job is done."

Edited by ~JC~

IC [Orcen, Twilight] "I'm back." The woman walked into the room, scowling. "I don't know what you did Monroe, but to get someone that powerful to tell me to keep my temper? You must have connections.""That or the Makers are being kind to me at the moment." Monroe shrugged, waving to Jason. "Magic lady, meet this man." "Not in uniform? Soldiers these days." The woman scowled even more. "Trenchcoat too; barely any exposed skin. That's rather disturbing for someone like me."

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

lol, 'this man.' shoulda introduced myself. feels weird to do that in a military setting without having a rank, though. *coughcough* IC[Jason Hanlon - Orcen] "Ma'am." Jason said, and nodded at the lady, extending a gloved hand. "Jason Hanlon. Sorry to disappoint."

OOC: Well in retrospect I suppose it does, but she's completely serious.IC: Karin rolled her eyes at the woman's quibbling and backed off to the corner she had been standing in earlier. She was starting to feel an itch to be doing something, but the rest of the team still needed to arrive, so she was stuck here.

Edited by Revolutionary Saint Kothra
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC [Orcen, Twilight] "Gloved? What are you afraid of?" The woman smiled ever so slightly, but shook the hand. "Perhaps you should take more little more risks in life?" OOCOh, uh, JC, mind using OOC?

Edited by Alex Humva

voidstars.png

OOC: oh, sure. sorry. this IC/OOC thing is new to me, since the sites i'm used to have seperate threads for the two. i'll use both from now on. IC[Jason Hanlon - Orcen] "I'll take risks after this war is over." Jason replied, yet to lose his cool. This woman did strike him as an odd one, but she had yet to be 'nasty'. Perhaps she was in a good mood, or perhaps Monroe and Renard were just trying to unnerve him. "Besides, sometimes I get cold."

Edited by ~JC~

IC [Orcen, Twilight] "Perhaps, but even in war you need to take a few risks elsewhere." The woman, as Monroe was now observing, had turned oddly nice around Jason. The Commander knew it was a trick, and he didn't like it. "Besides, you never know what I could do for you."

voidstars.png

IC[Jason Hanlon - Orcen] "I appreciate the offer, but no thanks. The only people wearing gloves is going to kill is the people I didn't miss because I just shivered." Jason replied, his interest in the woman already running thin. He didn't need to concern himself with distractions. He glanced up, at the CO. He looked twice as unnerved as Jason had ever been since he had joined the military. "Are you okay, sir?"

Edited by ~JC~

IC [Orcen, Twilight] "I will be when we're done with this mission." The man kept cleaning his crossbow, glancing at the woman occasionally. "The Makers either hate me or love me, one of the two..." OOCGah, I'm heading off for the night. Cya in the morning folks.

voidstars.png

IC[Jason Hanlon - Orcen] "I think they'll love me when I get a working helmet." He replied, and folded his arms. While it was true that he had yet to see any armour similar to his that wasn't, the techies had confirmed that it was not one of a kind. He knew he'd get a replacement one day. It was remarkably high tech, compared to the other equipment commonly used by the military. Or maybe it wasn't high tech at all, and just magical. Either way. "I take it you've never been to Xorov, then."

IC [Orcen, Twilight] "Oh, I've visited it. Never stayed long; I was never part of the various annexing attempts." The man shrugged, beginning to put his cross bow back together. "You been there?" OOCLets see, we've got me, Koth, JC, and Blade gathered ATM; if I can get Kaitan in, then we'll have five... possibly six if ToA gets a new human charie.

voidstars.png

OOCRonare is the rogue, correct? He'd be in Orcen somewhere.

voidstars.png

OOC: I had 80 notifications when I got on this morning. xD -==IC: Orion==- Orion observed the proceedings as they had been happening, but had yet to actually comment, instead simply taking in the different bits of information, as he continued to look around the room at everyone.

IC [Orcen, Twilight] "So, we seemed to be deadlocked here until the rest of the team shows up... what is taking those people so long?" The man sighed, clicking the final aluminum holder into place. "Then again, I'm known to vanish at the oddest of times, so I suppose I have to cut them slack." OOCFourth wall=cracked.

voidstars.png

-==IC: Orion==- "I dunno. I could've sworn that there was some break in the time stream, as I thought things just kept dragging on, for what seemed like 5 months, but when I checked my watch, only a minute had passed. Maybe that has something to do with it." Orion said with a shrug. OOC: And that just broke it, more or less. =P either that, or it just needs a tap to shatter. :rolleyes:

IC [Orcen, Twilight] "Yes, that was rather odd; though really, what could possibly do that? Probably just something in the water or such." The man shrugged. "I mean, it's practically no secret that the doctors have been putting chemicals in the water supply to encourage twin births; what else are they putting in there?" "What are you two talking about?" The magic user raised an eyebrow. "I didn't feel time slow down or something." "Sorry, you're not important enough to know." The man shrugged once more. OOCSo until more people get on we just are going to play vollyball with the rubble of the fourth wall xD

Edited by Alex Humva

voidstars.png

OOC: Alright then, good idea. =D -==IC: Orion==- Orion nodded, ignoring the magic user for the moment."I've heard that they've been putting chemicals in as well, maybe they put some weird kind of chemical that makes time pass slower or so." Orion said with a shrug.

IC: A lightly armored figure clad in a green cloak, hood over his eyes, rode into the outskirts of Orcen. His horse had several packs of gear, notably a large quiver of crossbow bolts. A crossbow and machete hung at his side, and another quiver was strapped to his back.He threw the hood back, revealing brown hair, a short beard, and piercing green eyes.He looked out at the city, and his eyes narrowed, running over the rows of buildings.Too big. Just a night's rest here.He threw his hood back over his eyes, and rode over to a nearby tavern. He dismounted, tying up his horse before taking off his valuable supplies, including his money and large quiver. He walked into the tavern, and dropped a few coins on the bar."Food and board for me and my horse, tonight only. Will that be enough?"The bartender nodded, and took his order.Ronare sat down, throwing back his hood and glancing around the crowded bar.Too many people. I couldn't get used to this.

Edited by Toast of Awesomeness

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC [Orcen, Twilight] "That, or it could be a side effect of the twin chemical thing. I mean, do they even test that stuff on men? We play around with things like this and then forget to put it through the proper runs." The Commander began taking apart his crossbow once more, muttering a count underneath his breath. Within ten seconds he had it disassembled, and within another ten back together. "Hm. Still can't beat my record of putting it back together of seven seconds. My hands just aren't what they use to be." [Elsewhere in Orcen] Three women walked into the bar, dressed in the formal dress of the Imperial Army. The crescent moon with a sword through it on their shoulders told everyone present they were Recruiters; specifically, the division that pulled special cases into the military. They were scanning the room, and everyone present shifted a little in their seats.

Edited by Alex Humva

voidstars.png

-==IC: Orion==- Orion nodded."That's true too. Heard there was a time once when everything happened at once, but I believe that was just a folk tale told by us to the warlocks so they wouldn't try to abuse any of their powers. I mean, there's no way that could be true." Orion said with a shrug. OOC: *Whistles innocently*

OOCI did not get the reference xD IC [Orcen, Twilight] "A good rule of thumb boy; if you heard of a legend, myth, or otherwise somewhat plausible story, it happened. Perhaps not quite the way some told it, but it happened." The Commander kept pulling apart and putting his crossbow back together. "For instance, there is a legend regarding an ancient human and warlock coalition that forged a mighty sword, that would slice through any material known. There is much evidence saying that the Empire has that weapon." "Superstition. I thought you'd be above that, Commander." The magic user smirked. "Yeah, yeah, go ahead and deny the evidence; that's what you people do. The Empire stockpiles ancient weapons; simple fact of life." Monroe shrugged. "I mean, really, ancient weapons seem to abound. What is with that? Warlocks and humans were suppose to live in peace and harmony back in the day; but no, we get weapons of mass destruction." [Elsewhere] The Recruiters walked to the table where Ronare was sitting, the leader of the group sitting down next to him. "Your services are required again, soldier. Deserters typically are punished rather servery, but your skills of interest to us." She looked directly at Ronare. "So you have a choice; come peacefully and be part of a new initiative, or be dragged there unconscious."

voidstars.png

OOC: I didn't think you would, which is why I whistled, since it was another Doctor Who reference. =P -==IC: Orion==- "Hmm..." Orion mumbled as he thought over what the commander said."Maybe there was a common threat at that time to both the humans and warlocks? I'm not sure, haven't gone over too many history books, but that would be a logical explanation, right?" Orion asked, as he thought it was plausible.

IC: "How old are some of these weapons supposed to be anyway?" asked Karin, intrigued. "Oh, and I assume that no one has any time estimate on when our other members are supposed to arrive?" OOC: Alex, let's not wait around for Kaitan since he's the only one left and he hasn't even started to RP yet. We can have him meet us at Xorov or something.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOCYeah, the team hasn't been fully assembled but this is just an information mission; we can just keep the additional troops behind for the next mission, let them interact with each other and such. IC [Orcen, Twilight] An attendant walked into the room, looking at the gathered troops uneasily. "You have new orders; you leave now. The rest of your team will be assembled later." "Finally, we get a move on." Monroe bolted up, holstering his crossbow on his back. "I'm itching to find this informant, so let's not waste any time, shall we?" "Remember Commander, you're on a time frame." The magic user stood up, a Dark Pathway splitting the air, the dark void appearing. "Spend too much time, and you'll be hiking back home." "We'll jog then." The Commander, at this point, was so eager to get out of the room he ignored the usual snarkiness of the magic user. "Ok folks, let's move." [Elsewhere] "Perhaps not from the official military, but you deserted your nation. You stayed behind when your Empire called you." The Recruiter shrugged. "You showed skills that would be very useful to the Empire, and you hid in your little village. That isn't very patriotic."

voidstars.png

IC: Ronare's face flashed with anger, and for a second it seemed he would strike the woman, but he composed himself. "I did not hide "in my little village", as you say. It was burned to the ground by one of those.... animals. I am a hunter. I work best on my own. I killed the warlock who slaughtered my village, and eight more besides. I am serving my nation, and I am avenging my village. Don't try and say I hid and let others fight for me."

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

-==IC: Orion==- Orion stood up, and stretched slightly for a moment."Let's go then." Orion simply said, agreeing with the Commander, as he walked toward the portal, and prepared to dash the moment that he stepped through.Let's hope no-one slows me down. Orion thought, as he frowned slightly.

IC [Orcen, Twilight] The woman hid a smile; this was going better than she thought. "And what do you do now? Roam the lands, hunting warlocks? You have no real power behind you; but we have an offer that you cannot refuse. You want to hunt warlocks? We're putting together a team, a team that will be very vital in a final strike that could end this war permanently. You simply have to accept the offer." OOCI'm rectoning the Imperial Recruiter division; they aren't part of the deserter division, they're now part of a more specialized division who recruits for the advanced teams.

voidstars.png

IC [Orcen, Twilight] "There is a special team that is currently going under... changes. You could be part of this team. They will have the honor of making the first attack in a final, definitive strike against the warlocks." The Recruiter pulled out a small envelope, handing it to Ronare. "If you want to get your revenge, show up there, tell them the phrase 'the Maker's final wraith'. You'll have a chance to get revenge, and do your duty to the Empire." [Elsewhere] Monroe walked through the portal, glancing around into the darkness before sighing. "You know, last time I went through one of theses, I got attacked by something that only our transport could see. It isn't very reassuring." "Just... keep moving along." The magic user did seem unnerved, though.

voidstars.png