Alex Humva

OOCSo great, I need to write a new doorstopper for the humans. :| Have no fear, soon guys, we shall have lots and lots of action. IC [Orcen, Night] "Sir." A man in a black uniform walked up to Monroe; the emblem on his shoulder showed him not to be a magic user, but rather one of the Imperial Guard, the Emperor's very own bodyguards. "The Emperor wishes to see you; it is in regards to your next mission. Your entire team, in fact." "Right." Monroe looked up at the sky, then turned to his team. "Well, let's get going; can't keep the Emperor waiting." OOCSo now I need to hurry up and get the warlocks finished, then we sleep, time skip, and the missions begin in the morning. Also, Koth, someone was sent to grab Karin as well for this meeting.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: As Karin was about to take a seat, she felt the precense of someone standing behind her. "Lieutenant," said a gruff voice.Karin looked over her shoulder to see a wide-bodied, black-uniformed man standing there."Your team has been summoned by the Emperor. Please head to the throne room now." The man turned and left without another word. Karin groaned, still without food but set off for the throne room anyway.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOCPoor Karin; will she ever get a bite to eat? Meanwhile, at the Bat-cave... IC [Arhtok, Twilight] Funny creatures. The spring mused to itself. They take forever to actually get anywhere. How can they stand it?

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC[Jason Hanlon - Orcen] It took him about fourteen seconds to stop blinking wildly, and collect himself, the same amount of time it took the Guard to summon the Maker's Fist to the Emperor's quarters. He only heard the last part of the message, but the point was clear just from that. As he followed Monroe through the swinging doors of the courtyard and through the corridors of the palace, he opened the braces on his helmet again and slid it off his head. The Emperor wasn't a person who he got to see very often. He contemplated dropping his coat somewhere, too, but decided that it'd be best to hang onto it. It sheltered him, not only from dust and weather, but from the looks he would've gotten without it. He was still the same sniveling little boy he was before his mother died, but he'd be ###### if anybody ever learned that.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

OOCWell, better start working on that post. Tomorrow, we shall finally get the first real action we've had in this entire RPG. Tomorrow, worlds clash, sentient springs lecture us on ethics, and warlocks go up against humans. Woot woot.

voidstars.png

IC: (Felix) "Yes... Yes, sir!" Felix replied when given the order to meet the Emperor. This was an amazing honour. And too much to process, right after whatever it was he had felt. IC: (Isaac Robert Daniels) Isaac ran to the courtyard. He was late to meet his new team. Late to the war. Well, the second one wasn't so bad. Not that he'd ever tell anyone that. However, he path there was block by a massive, black-uniformed soldier wearing the insignia of the Imperial Guard. What...? Isaac thought, entirely taken aback and bemused that this was happening just as he felt something... Odd. "Your unit has been sent to meet with the Emperor." The Guardsman said gruffly. "Uh... Yes. Yessir! Right away. Uh, sir." Makers protect me! What have I gotten myself into?!? IC: (Constantine) Constantine was already staying in Arhtok when he felt it. First a feeling of energy, of dread... And then a desire to visit the spring at the center of town. What is going on here? Is it possible? Are we facing the end of days? Whatever it was, the situation was clearly dire. Constantine had a feeling something important was at that spring... Something the fate of his people might rest on. Serve the people. That's always been our mantra. Constantine headed for the spring. IC: (Menelaus) Menelaus had just arrived in Arhtok from Mox when he felt it. Twice. First the power, then the desire. He was tired from battle, but he decided he needed to go to the spring. May the Makers prevent others from suffering as I did, I swore. And may I be their tool to do so. EDIT: OOC: Okay, to clarify on Constantine and Menelaus' powers: Constantine can manipulate light. That means he can make it lighter or darker, make things glow, shoot bolts of light (not lasers yet), and manipulate light to create illusions (not well yet). Menelaus' power is over the transitional metals series on the periodic table; he can therefore controls things made entirely or primarily from one of these elements. I'll edit these into my profiles later.

Edited by Lord Kaitan de Storms

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

If you like this banner, please feel free to add it to your signature.

QUOTE(GregF @ Oct 13 2010, 03:21 AM)

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

Do you think you have what it take to climb... Up the Carrion Stair!

Credit to Toa Zehvor MT for the banner!

ooc; popping in via the worst phone ever, so apologizes for weird formatting. katian, when did those peeps get approved? i don't remember approving that many guys for you.

voidstars.png

OOC: You approved all four at once, but then Kothra said he wanted more details on the warlocks' powers. They're all on the character list on the first page. Also, as heads up, I will once again be gone for most of the weekend. Definitely all of tonight and tomorrow, and most of Sunday.

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

-==IC: Orion==- Orion once again didn't say anything, and instead, simply moved from his spot on the wall, to following the others.So we've been requested by the Emperor. Very interesting. I wonder what that magic user had meant when he kept having to think about the Emperor's gender? That was weird... Orion thought, as he recalled that moment, but shrugged it off again, just as he had earlier.

OOCPoor, poor Orion; he's unaware to the Emperor's gender bending xD Now, ladies and gentlemen... zee doorstopper! My apologizes for length; I'll try to cut down on these things in the future, when we actually are fighting and stuff. Also, I didn't have time to proofread it or anything so any game changing typos shall be rectonned out if they exist. IC [Orcen, Night] The squad reached the Emperor’s throne room within a reasonable amount of time, guards opening the broad doors. The Emperor sat on his throne, as usual flanked by two magic users. Something that was not usual was that there was quite a gathering present; the four five dropped generals of the army -The Generals of the West, East, North and South- were gathered, as well as a well decorated five dropped Commander, some Imperial Recruiters and many, many, Imperial Guard. “Ah, Commander Monroe; good to see you’re here.” The Emperor rose from his chair, walking down from the raised plateau to the floor level. “We can finally start this war session.” “A war session? Sorry sir, but I was under the impression that this was a mission assignment, not a war meeting.” Monroe raised an eyebrow. “But I’m sure your reasons are sound nonetheless.” “Yes, well, this meeting is regarding your next mission. This war has gone on far too long; our people starve in the streets, our children go to war simply to be slaughtered by these warlock beasts. We finally have the solution, however.” The Emperor snapped his fingers, one of the magic users, a boy that couldn’t be over the age of seventeen, stepping up next to him. “This boy here will show us the plan.” The guards darkened the torches, the little light remaining being drawn towards the magic user. Then it dispersed, forming what was effectively a hologram, a map of Alkermpa. It zoomed towards the warlock city of Arhtok. “This,” the General of the West said, “is Arhtok, for all those who don’t know. With the attack on Mox, the warlocks will no doubt of evacuated the majority of their population to this ancient village. For those of you that don’t know Arhtok’s significance, it is home to a rather particular spring. The local lore on the spring is that drinking it’s water lets you see the future; obviously this isn’t correct, otherwise the warlocks would of used it long ago in the war. However, this spring is special; some say it’s even alive. All we know is that it has been running since the Makers made life, and possibly even before that. Regardless of the spirituality of the topic, the warlocks see it as hope; with the Great Council no doubt moved there, we have an excellent opportunity to put in motion a plan that we’ve been working on for months now.” “Pray tell, what is that plan?” Monroe watched the hologram, his eyebrow still raised. “I mean, I’m pretty highly ranked; have I been left out of the loop again?” “Insubordination...” The General muttered under his breath, then actually spoke at a clear tone. “We’ve code named this plan The Maker’s Wraith. Are you familiar with the idea of flight, Commander Monroe?” “The Empire’s been experimenting with flying machines for generations; as far as I’m aware, nothing practical ever came out of it.” “That would be because what did come out of it was kept secret; we couldn’t have the warlocks following suit with our invention.” The Emperor nodded to the boy, who’s projection twisted into what seemed to be a metallic looking zeppelin. “This is a prototype of the future Monroe. We call it an airship; coated in a thin but durable titanium foil, it has a capacity of three hundred troops, more if we extend the cargo space. It is not cheap, but it will be instrumental in cleaning up what is left after our plan is finished.” “Wait, you mean this very expensive looking piece of technology isn’t what we’re going use to take down the warlocks?” Monroe’s eyebrow got no rest. “Then just what is the master plan?” “Ah, right, my apologizes; I seemed to of forgotten the point again.” The Emperor rubbed his temples, nodding to the boy again. A map of Arhtok popped up again. “We intend to finally bring our magic users into this war; so far they’ve been keeping the Empire barely fed, but with this final assault they will be relieved of duty, when we have warlock prisoners to once more bring us fertile lands. We are launching a full scale assault on the cities of Arhtok and Kcarw. This will give us two advantages; we will knock out the major supply of avumh and the government at the same time, sending the Order of Warlocks into disarray.” “So it’s going be a brute force attack? Sir, all respect due, how will that succeed? We’ve been shown in the past very clearly that brute force assaults never work against warlocks; a group of ten held off an entire platoon of our men. Granted, that was before our weapons were equipped with ocean water, but nonetheless, surely you cannot expect this to succeed without extreme losses.” “Commander Monroe, your opinion is respected, but we have all discussed this and we have decided it is the best course of a-action.” The General of the West stuttered for a moment; in fact, all the generals and even the Emperor seemed as if they were suddenly hit by something. Monroe’s eyebrow was getting it’s work out today, even as he felt something coming from across the room. His gaze turned to an attendant across the room, who was staring rather intently at the gathered procession. Monroe didn’t know exactly what he felt, but something was just... wrong about the attendant. “Lieutenant,” Monroe whispered to Karin. “That attendant over there; what do you think of him?” “Sir? He’s just an attendant.” “You don’t feel anything wrong about him?” “Not really sir.” “Must just be my nerves.” Monroe watched the attendant carefully, before the Emperor finally seemed to get a grip and start speaking again. “This attack will succeed Commander Monroe, have no doubt. Your team, however, will have the honor of softening up the defenses. You will be going to Arhtok; your mission is to plant explosives at this never ending spring, destroying it. You will also find the location of the Great Council, leaving explosives behind to be activated via archers when the attack begins.” The Emperor turned away, rubbing his temples once more. “Your secondary objective will be to do as much damage in general as you can; the moment you are ready, though, the assault will begin. You will be fighting in the final strike against the warlocks; do not fail us, Commander.” “Sir, are you feeling alright?” “A simple headache, no more.” The Emperor began walking away, the Generals following. “Get some rest; you begin your mission in the morning, two hours before the sun rises. Do not fail me, Commander. Do not fail me.” OOCThe following assumes everyone has arrived at the magical spring; if you haven’t, the powers invested within me move you there. IC [Arhtok, Twilight] The summoned warlocks had gathered around the spring, no doubt wondering why all of them had been called here. They had little time to contemplate it however; the fountain of water began to gurgle, before sending out a splash that drenched all gathered. The world blurred around them all, before turning to another world; a ruined city, the sky dark with storm clouds and the once grand buildings covered in moss. The fountain stood there, proud as ever, and the water soon assumed humanoid shape, the entity rippling as it looked over the gathered. Sons of the Makers; I have summoned you here for a most important quest. The water entity glanced at Martin, nodding at him. The Books of Prophecy have been opened; ancient enemies of the Makers have awakened, and the once perfect unity between the sons and daughters of the Makers has been destroyed. A man stepped forward, a warlock that appeared to be in his mid forties, yet is was obvious he was much, much, older, an air of respect around him. “I have read the legends and myths, but I never thought it was actually true.” The elder warlock gave a respectful nod to the entity. “You truly exist.” As I have for many cycles now. The entity turned its head to the sky, frowning. My time, however, comes to an end. I do not see time as you do, sons of the Makers. I have seen creation, and I have seen destruction. I know the future; I know my end approaches. The Makers will soon come to take me away, back to their great citadel. I have watched over this world for so many cycles, watched as the unity is destroyed over and over... but this cycle is different. My sight of the future ends with my death; but I know, this cycle shall be different. “Cycle? What do you mean by that?” You would not understand; that is something you may only know when you see the Makers once more. Know this, however; your mission is of grave importance. The eldest sons of the Makers will summon you to them, task you with a mission to fight back the enemies of the Makers. After that, however, they will give you a most horrible task, they will tell you to end the daughters of the Makers. The entity was truly disturbed by that. Do not allow them to do so; do not allow them to destroy the daughters of the Makers. You will destroy the balance of this world, you will destroy yourselves. Lightning crackled across the sky, the elder looking at it for a moment before turning back to the entity. “The daughters of the Makers? I assume you speak of the humans, correct?” The name they have given themselves is unimportant; their name changes with every cycle. They are the daughters of the Makers, you are the sons of the Makers. It is the one constant in history. The entity began to ripple, beginning to lose form. Sleep, sons of the Makers. You will need it; in the morning, the eldest of the sons will summon you before them. Save creation; when I am gone, when the spring of Arhtok no longer flows, you must find the Fallen Maker to guide you. The Fallen Maker will not remember its past, but it will know what to do about this crisis. “I take it you cannot give us the location we should go?” Of course I can; why couldn’t I? The entity raised a watery eyebrow. The Fallen Maker is currently in the form of a young son of the Makers, outside of Kcarw by about two miles north. “Well, in that case, my thanks.” The elder looked among the other warlocks, then back to the entity. “Is that all you wish to tell us?” It is all you need to know. The entity vanished, a mere spring of water remaining now. The world blurred once more, and the warlocks found themselves back in Arhtok, the sun behind the horizon. “Well, that’s certainly not something you see everyday.” The elder warlock pulled out a small spray bottle, squirting some foul smelling concoction into his mouth. “I suggest we do as the entity has said; sleep. Knowing the Great Council, there’s going be someone four hours before the sun rises banging on our apartment doors, telling us we’ve been summoned. They don’t even seem to understand the concept of sleep.” OOCAnd there you go ladies and gentlemen, door stopper mark II. That’ll get the ball rolling; once everyone is ready -read, when me and Koth both agree-, we’ll time skip to the morning, everyone gets summoned, missions get started, and bam, we get the most awesome thing since a bunch of superpowered kids met in a garage and duked it out over who was more godly.[/reference] In other words, we finally get action after a week of dull-ness. Also, I finally finished my warlock profile;

Username~Alex Humva Character Name~William KarzadAge~112Specialization~William specializes in cells; notably, the natural cell repair process. With his specialization, he can effect cells, capable of making them do anything they could do naturally, at slower or faster rates. He cannot effect genetics, but he can help along the natural genetic error-correction.Appearance~Despite being a man of his age, William looks pretty well; to our standards he looks about half his age, with short cut hair and a face that, while time has taken it’s toll, is still mostly winkle free. His skin is also darker than most, his ancestors coming from Anrefni. He has stayed in shape over the years as well, filling his six foot frame with enough muscle to hold his own in a battle.Ability/Trait~William, despite being a healer at heart, has spent ever since he was a teenager practicing knives; that’s almost a century of experience. Don’t take him on in a knife fight.Bio~William grew up in Kcarw, living the simple life most warlocks back then lived. He was an average warlock for the most part, never doing anything exceptional. When the first warlock-human war broke out he was old enough to fight, so he went out to battle hoping to find some sort of glory; he found none. When the truce was formed he retreated to Arhtuk, hoping to live out a peaceful life. He studied the spring for ten long years, trying to figure out it’s secrets. Eventually he gave up, ignoring the spring as best as he could. One day, though, a small scuffle broke out between two of the younger warlocks in the town. Being drunk on the power granted by the spring, they started a fight over something stupid and William intervened. In the struggle he was thrown into the spring, the surge of power knocking him unconscious. When he woke up a day later, he packed his things and left the town, heading directly for Mox. He didn’t know why, but he was simply compelled to go there. When he arrived he found out that a human had been found in the warlock ranks and was being tortured for information. He attempted to break the human out, and succeeded partly; he got the man out, but the torture had been too much for him. The man told William that there was a storm coming, a horrible storm that’d wash away everyone. The man died the next morning, leaving a heavily disturbed William. So the warlock began investigating, devoting his life to this storm. He traveled throughout the continent, going to places in Anrefni no one had gone before, trying to find information. He found old religious texts speaking of the end days, prophecies long forgotten that spoke of a time when magic would be eradicated from the land. And now in the present day, he is still wandering, but with the recent assaults on both human and warlock outposts, he is beginning to put the pieces together. The problem is, currently, those pieces say there is no hope.

voidstars.png

-==IC: Orion==- Orion was intrigued by the whole mission idea, and mentally prepared himself for it.Whether or not it'll work, however, that is the question... Orion thought, as he noted the weird stuff that seemed to be happening.No clue what that guy was talking about, though. Orion thought, as he had noted that the Emperor seemed normal. OOC: =P -==IC: Martin/Arhtok==- Martin frowned at the second visit to that fountain in a day, and thought back to what he remembered of that... 'vision' he had of the fountain and spring from earlier...The spring seemed to be broken then... But, I still don't know if that was the past or not... However... Things seem weird enough that the time may have been the future... Martin thought, as he sighed, and headed off to find a place to stay for the night...

OOC:

Username: ~JC~ Character Name: Works under the alias Ranger. Age: Around twenty three. Specialization: Ranger is a warlock of the air, and of wind. As a child he dreamed about being free as the birds and escaping his world on a breeze, and by the time he could start developing his powers, he already had his heart set on what he wanted. His powers are extensive but he seldom uses them, unless he absolutely has to. He is able to generate a thin bubble around himself, which effectively shields him from the elements, such as dust or heat. On a more offensive note, he can summon twisters and the like, his fastest wind speeds being able to top out at around 30 miles per hour. Appearance: Ranger has spent tremendous time on his arms and chest, to great result. He proudly masquerades, often without a shirt. His body almost looks like an inverted pear. His skin features a deep tan, and various tattoos. His beefy arms have blue ovals and triangles painted on them in various places. He wears a short necklace, a silver chain with a thick T around an inch long at the end.His face is a firm and chiseled one, and looks almost elven. His nose is thin and pointy. He has blue eyes, and long, flowing brown hair that is combed back neatly out of his face.The most noticeable trait about Ranger is his cloud. As he is a warlock of the air, he stole a normal size cloud, and compressed it into a definite shape. As a normal cloud is very large and spread out, cutting it into a fraction of its former size but keeping all the matter allows him to stand or sit on it very comfortably. Ability/Trait: Ranger is a gentle giant. His power is devastating and his look is fearsome, but he fancies himself a protector more then anything else. This can give him a bit of a berserker trait, where he becomes a savage, and his winds can climb to around forty miles per hour. Bio: Ranger was raised in a town to the south of Orcen, in a small town where the manliest protector was the treaty signed with the Empire forty years back that most everybody in Orcen had probably forgotten about before they had finished signing it. As such, he was given next to no attention by anybody of any significance. He obviously wasn’t raised by his parents, as he lived in the Empire. He was more of a town science project than anything else. He lived with the mayor, was fed by the local eatery, and was clothed by anybody who could spare anything. And he was very, very miserable. He dreamed of escaping, so he could feel a sense of belonging, or of value, or just of love. He dreamt of flying away like a bird, or just getting picked up in a tornado and whisked away. He almost got his wish.Being that his town was isolated and otherwise forgotten, it was almost a surprise when the warlocks attacked in the first few months of the war. The rest of his town was burned and destroyed, but one of the commanding warlocks spared his life as he realized who he was. The events of the only people who knew being burned were just too much for him, despite being an adult at this point, and his mind snapped. While he was trained to use his powers, he became very defensive, as defensive as his old self would’ve been if he knew how to save his family.

Edited by ~JC~

OOCMaking it official in the topic, JC's dude is approved. Also, via the combined powers of me and Koth, time skip! IC [Orcen, Early Morning] Monroe had gotten up before anyone else, already ready by the time anyone else had risen. He took the time while everyone else was preparing to stand on a balcony looking out to the city. Some of the citizens had begun to wake, moving to their jobs through the streets. Soldiers had begun to pour through the streets as well, heading towards the palace. He wondered if they knew what was going happen to them, what'd happen to all of them soon enough. Monroe knew war; he knew warlocks. Tens of thousands of men would die today, because of the Emperor's wishes to end this war now. Why? The steady advance through enemy territory was going well; the war would soon be over anyways. And what was with the attendant? Monroe had no magic in his blood, but many told him his nerves were just as good; and his nerves were telling him that there was something dark going about. An Imperial Guard walked up behind him, Monroe turning to face him. The Guard nodded, then walked off, Monroe following, hand on sword. They walked into a large conference room, where the rest of his team had been gathered, a few looking like they could use some more rest. There was also another team, with the same Commander from last night. The General of the West stood there, looking over the squads. "Well, Commanders, you know your missions." The General nodded to Monroe and the other Commander. "The magic users here will open up Pathways for you to take; you have one hour to complete your missions before the full assault force arrives." "Understood." Monroe watched as one of the magic users formed a Dark Pathway near him. "Well gang, let's be off; can't keep the good warlocks waiting now can we?" With that, he darted through the Pathway, intending not to spend one minute more than he had to in there. OOCWarlocks get the ball rolling here in a sec.

voidstars.png

IC: Karin couldn't stop herself from yawning as the team gathered. She was tired from two almost consecutive pathway runs yesterday. Her stomach grumbled: the small snack she had before bed the previous night was not enough to offset a whole day of eating nothing.I swear, the first thing I'm doing as soon as this dang mission is over is getting a nice full meal... she thought, not so happy about yesterday's events.Karin felt a chill as this third dark pathway opened, but shrugged it off. She followed Monroe through, matching his speed to keep a uniform distance between everyone.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

-==IC: Orion==- Orion yawned slightly, but was in actuality prepared for this, as he stepped through the portal, and then started into a run, as he dashed along the pathway.The quicker we get through here the better. Orion thought.

IC[Jason Hanlon - Orcen] This was better.Like Monroe, Hanlon had been up for hours already, doing basic exercises in his quarters. He was still in 100% condition, like he was the last mission, and the one before that. The war was ending. That meant something to him, and he wanted to deliver. The Maker's Fist was something that only the elite of the military could get into, yet even so, it was full of undisciplined and unpracticed soldiers. So he would need to make up the difference. He was very, very awake, despite getting only around five hours of sleep, and for the second time in twenty four hours, marched into the dark pathway without an ounce of fear in his heart.

IC [Pathway, N/A] At the sprint Monroe took them, the team was in and to the other side within two minutes, the pathway closing behind them as they spewed out. Crouching down, Monroe quickly took in the situation; they were in a building, from the looks of it abandoned. The Commander quickly motioned out a plan; Karin and Orion followed him, the rest followed Jason. "Seargent," Monroe whispered, tossing Jason a fist sized bundle. "Take your men to the spring; set these explosives, there's a thirty second fuse in there. We'll set the explosives on the Council building. Meet back here in thirty minutes; if there's any trouble, well, improvise." With that Monroe ducked through the door, heading down the halls crouched with his sword ready.

voidstars.png

-==IC: Orion==- Orion nodded at that."Yes sir." Orion stated, as he followed the commander, and drew his sword, ready to fight when he was needed to,though he kept his crossbow on his back for the moment.

-==IC: Orion==- "No problem there." Orion stated, as he continued to move forward, scanning the surroundings, as he held the sword with two hands to his side, ready to strike if they found anyone. When that would be, however, that was another question.

IC[Jason Hanlon - Arhtok] "Sir." He replied, surprised. From what the Emperor had outlined, from what he had picked up, anyways, the primary objective of this mission was to annihilate the Spring. The primary objective seemed like something Monroe would want to lead himself, but Hanlon trusted his superior's judgement. He took a look back at his men- the man who had questioned his helmet, Genalt or whatever, and two others. Their name tags read Daniels and Brandonson, and another one Rohan. From a quick observation lasting not much more then ten seconds, he could already begin to form a basic strategy. The soldier had developed a talent for strategics, playing to his allies strengths and weaknesses, in his eleven year career. "We have a hundred meter dash." The Sergeant whispered to the soldiers huddled behind him, and his helmet altered it to sound like static, but his message was still audible. "Down this street. The Spring is in a courtyard," He carved a map in the dirt, labeling the Spring with an 'X'. "Brandonson, you specialize in melee, correct?" The soldier nodded. "Good, then you have point. We want this to be quiet, gentlemen. We have around an hour of nighttime left. If we encounter any hostiles, be it military or civilian, we want them incapacitated as silently as quickly as possible. A whack on the head should suffice." He rose out of his crouch and unlimbered his crossbow. Sticking his head up, he looked through the window at the street that would take them to their destination. A few lights were on in the apartments on both sides, but neither enough to unnerve him. He pointed at a fence on a nearby alley on the left. "I'll scale that and trail you three. I'll provide eyes and sniper support." He turned back to his troops. "Stay on the left, in the shadows. Try and move as quickly as possible without looking inconspicuous. I can cover the rooftops and the right side of the street, you deal with any bogies on the street. Brandonson, you have the point. Genalt, take up the rear, you look like you can make a shot. Daniels, you get to be our package carrier. And Rohan, guard the package as best you can. I don't know how you can use those things on your hands, but I think you can compliment Brandonson." He nodded at each and every one as he explained their roles, his voice still hushed. "Are we all understood?"

Edited by ~JC~

OOC: Uh, since when do you outrank me?And what nametags? :PBut whatever.IC: Ronare gave a curt nod."That sounds good," said the hunter, pulling out his crossbow and adjusting the scope slightly. He placed several arrows with glass vials around part of the shafts into the crossbow's "magazine". These were filled with seawater, and were incredibly effective against warlocks.

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOC: jason's been in the military for eleven years, (and i think only monroe has more experience than him) you joined when the war started, four years ago. if i didn't out rank you, the world would be a very, very weird place. its odd enough the XO is only 17. and i'm just assuming that the military uniforms have some sort of identification on them, i could be wrong.

Edited by ~JC~

OOCThe ranking system is, as of today, the following; Private>Corporal>Seargent>Lieutenant>Commander>General All of these have five variants -five drops-, so you can have Private Two Drop, General Five Drop, etc. The 'drop' can be 'drop', 'drops', or 'dropped', depending on how formal the situation. Commander Monroe is a five dropped commander; Lieutenant Karin is four dropped if I recall correctly, Jason due to his seniority is Seargent five dropped, and everyone else is either a Corporal or Private; who's who I don't know quite yet, I need Koth to finish updating the profile list before I make anything certain. That is all going be in the front post in a bit, btw.

voidstars.png

OOC: The kids who go get officer training right out of college and stuff act as XOs and whatnot for whatever they're assigned to as far as I know (I read a book about it). Let's just say she had an accelerated version of that. It's basicaly practice for moving on and commanding her own team.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOCHar har har. We're working on talking together more but I get on and off so much it makes it difficult. Besides, Koth's character, so whatever he says about her overrules what I said. ToA, he's working for the Empire now, they'd of at least given him standard issue stuff to wear.

Edited by Alex Humva

voidstars.png

OOC: Okay, back. Spelunking is fun. Interesting. The two guys with the least loyalty to the Empire get the most important jobs. This will be fun!. IC: [isaac] Isaac nodded uncomfortably, then picked up the package grimly. Must I now kill ancient beings who we cannot even comprehend? And what will become of the warlocks if I do this? I have seen honour amongst them. I have seen grief and friendship. We are fighting our brothers. We are murdering our brothers. And for what? What do we hope to gain? What did they hope to gain by attacking us? I cannot believe that they are all monsters. So why do we slaughter each other like beasts? IC: [Felix] "Yes, sir!" Felix said, hefting his spear carefully and moving into position. At last, victory for the Empire. At last, the warlocks would pay for their crimes. At last, justice for the thousands of murdered humans. IC: [Constantine] Constantine was up early that morning, disturbed by his experience the night before. We are murdering our sisters. And why? What purpose did this war have in the first place? Were I an elder, I'd end this now. The Spring has proven my family right; we are marching to our own destruction. But does that make the Great Elder a heretic? How can the greatest of us be the heretic? But how can he not be? Has the Council failed us? IC: [Menelaus] Menelaus lay awake in bed. He had hardly slept; last night had shaken him more than the death of his family had. To him, the Empire and all that served it had never been anything but murderous villains. Sure, there were good humans out there, but not good imperials. But the spring had said that all humans were daughters of the Makers. What did that make him, who had killed many and sworn to kill more? What did that make the Elders, who had started the war? What did that make the humans who fought back? What did that make those who didn't fight but did nothing to stop the fighting? Menelaus wasn't sure. But he knew he wasn't going to sleep until he was. OOC: Wow, I'm getting extremely psychological here. I really didn't expect to do this much, but it's just all coming out.

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

OOCHerpa derp time to get the warlocks going. Also, Isaac would not know the spring is sentient; it's kinda a secret. This is, like, the first time it's spoken in centuries. IC [Arhtok, Night] The group of three moved steathily down the alleyways and roads, darting from building to building, dodging the restless warlocks who wandered the streets alone. They made their way to the largest building; the warlock Council would no doubt be there, discussing the matters at hand. It would be a perfect time to strike. They reached the building in no time, Monroe tossing a bag of explosives to Karin and Orion each, motioning where to put them. He motioned towards the guards standing at the door, making the symbol for keeping out of their sight and not engaging. Then he reached up, grabbed the nearest support and began climbing to the roof. He had some spying to do. [Elsewhere] All the warlocks that had been summoned by the spring found a messenger at their doors, telling them to convene at the Council Room.

voidstars.png

IC: Karin slung her crossbow around her back and drew her knife, nodding a reply to Monroe's instruction. She planted her charge but refrained from setting it, waiting for Monroe's command. She moved away, finding a position covered with the most shadow but still had a view of the explosive.IC: Tabris got up and gathered his cloak and sword, then silently followed the messenger to the Council meeting.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOC: The Emperor mentioned that it might be alive when he briefed the Maker's Fist. IC: [Constantine] Constantine headed to the Council Room, feeling on edge after his conclusions about what might be happening. I'll need to watch myself, he thought, but I can't remain silent if the insanity goes further. IC: [Menelaus] Menelaus hurried to the council room, eager for new answers.

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png