Alex Humva

IC: Lord Maximillian Valerius was uncomfortable. He was used to flaunting the colours of the Valerius family in his clothing, but tonight he wore a simple grey overcoat. He approached the entry to the pub 'Golden Eagle' followed closely by a similarly inconspicuously dressed Lawrence Reid, the wealthy military doctor.Before he could be greeted by the server at the entrance, Valerius made a hand signal. The server paused then nodded, directing Lord Valerius to an empty table in the corner of the establishment. Reid seated himself at a nearby table within earshot of the Lord. The server went to go greet other patrons, leaving the two in silence. They were waiting for another, Countess Emilia di Coruzzi.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC: The Countess' horse walked down the street at a quick pace, as she followed the directions she had been given. Though she had no armor, her sword hung at her side, and her wrist blade gauntlet was strapped on. She reached the pub, and stepped off her horse, tying it. She threw back the hood of her black cloak, her brown hair falling to her shoulders. She stepped inside, and looked around for the man she was to meet.

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC [Arhtok, Early Morning]The battle was not going well for the troops; even as the Imperial soldiers began storming the opening around the fountain, dark pathways opened up all around, warlocks pouring out and quickly forming a ring around the opening. Before anyone could be the wiser, a wall of flame arose from ground, growing higher and higher until even the spring entity noticed, as well as the creatures in the sky. Imperial troops shied away, looking up at the wall of flame with fear. Monroe and Karin stopped, looking up at the giant wall of flame, Monroe choosing this moment to let loose some especially profane curses."I saw this in a battle a year ago; they've called in their master fire users. These are a bad bunch; they can control the fire so well, they can spare the buildings, even the grass we're standing on... but any human will die horribly." Monroe growled out some more curses, but fear was beginning to show. "We have to call off this attack; we have to figure out some way to get these men out of here. Thousands are going be massacred!"And then it began; the ring of fire, four stories high and burning an intense blue, slowly began expanding, the Imperial troops realizing what was happening, the commanders yelling orders of retreat while warlocks on the rooftops began raining down attacks of all various kinds, Monroe running through the streets towards the spring, shouting to Karin. "We have to get the seargent and the men who went with him! We need to regroup and plan out how to force a retreat!"

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: try ICing as a sniper in combat and see how actively YOU post.IC[Jason Hanlon - Arhtok]Jason Hanlon did a barrel roll.He did a lot, actually. After spotting what looked like a warlock, he had a split relapse in judgement, but ignored it and continued with his mission. But upon entering the target area, the home field advantage tore them to shreds, and he found himself pinned down rather quickly. He could blame a few people for this; first and foremost the rat who tipped these buggers off that they were coming, but ultimately he shouldn't have waited so long. The charges should've been set, and they should've been out of here.Should've, would've, could've.When the fiery rain became a factor, the cobblestone courtyard turned from a war zone to a nightmare. The overturned blocks in the north end of the courtyard the sniper had been using for relative cover became as useless as a four year old's opinion on engineering. Immediately wanting to make his way into the center to at least attempt to salvage his squad, he glanced around frantically, before deciding that the tower to the right would provide the best view point.And so, he did a barrel roll.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

-==IC: Orion==-Orion had dispatched the opponents he had been fighting off-screen. See, the trouble with fighting someone in hand-to-hand combat, especially when they have slightly more experience due to active training, is the fact that they are able to fight in places where there typically isn't enough space to fight effectively. So, as he slashed through the first Warlock with a combination of quicker reactions with an ambush type of attack, he had the funny feeling this would be easier than typically would be. And so, he did eventually defeat the Warlocks, though he did have multiple wounds, and was panting heavily. Plus, it did take him a while, as he had only just finished winning when the fire masters showed up. Orion then frowned, and began to make his way down the tower to attempt to meet up with the others for the moment. He had a bad feeling that wouldn't be very good, that fire... And that being stuck in a tower would simply hurt his chances of survival.

IC Arhtok/Early MorningMonroe ran through the streets, soldiers pouring away in fear; soon, he'd be the only one left nearby. It wasn't something he was looking forward to, but he had to find the seargent; which find he did, after a while of running about. Diving over cover, the Commander felt his sword quickly, then pulled a crossbow off of a dead body."Seargent! We're pulling out of here! Where's the rest of your men?!"[Meanwhile]The Eldest stood on the top of a spire, his hands embedded in the rock. Looking over the battlefield, he gave a grim smile; the human armies were doomed, of course. None could get out of this city, and he doubted there were any blasphemous human mages. It would be a swift defeat, one that would send the Empire rolling. The humans would surrender to the warlocks, and at long last the warlocks would finally achieve victory.OOCI think I know why this RPG isn't getting anywhere; half it's members aren't active. :\

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOCThat's JC; you're a Corporal. :P

voidstars.png

OOC: Alright, I didn't think I was a Sergeant, but again, didn't want to mess up. =P-==IC: Orion==-Orion ran onto the streets, and saw the walls of fire, as he frowned, and ran into the streets, as he tried to figure out where the commander was, looking around at the surroundings as he did so, and attempted to get back into the shadows if at all possible.

OOC: I am waiting for something to happen that I can directly react to so that I'm not just posting "they fight stuff" over and over again.

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

If you like this banner, please feel free to add it to your signature.

QUOTE(GregF @ Oct 13 2010, 03:21 AM)

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

Do you think you have what it take to climb... Up the Carrion Stair!

Credit to Toa Zehvor MT for the banner!

OOC: i'd apologize for being inactive but it looks like me being MIA completely sucked the life out of you guys so i might have to do more than apologize.well anyways, i've been grounded for the last week and this next upcoming week, thank you mom, but my dad is giving me an hour (shh) so i get to tell ya'll why i can't be around to change your lives for better or worse. i might try and IC in a bit.

Username: Lloyd: The White WolfCharacter Name: Alexander Mechanicus Macedonii (Lit. "Alexander the Tinkerer/mechanic/inventor, of the Macedon family")Age: 25Specialized weapon: A handheld railgun, replacing the crossbow. It is bolt-operated and thus fires slower than a crossbow, but its shots are absolutely devastating to anything it hits. However, the capacitor banks that provide electricity for each shot must be charged with a specialized machine which can either be hand-cranked or water-turned. The bolts are normal iron, but have a small edalb core to ensure effectiveness against warlocks (it wouldn't be very good to have a useless weapon, would it). Each shot empties one capacitor, with as many sets of capactiors as he has bolts.Appearance: Depends. He is most often found in overalls and a black shirt with short sleeves, although he cleans up nicely when necessary. He totes around several items such as wrenches and screwdrivers, along with more arcane items. He always, always has his railgun in its holster on his back (unless he's using it or the nook he's fitting itno won't fit it), and its magazine with it. He also carries a small dynamo in his satchel of stuff to charge his railgun's capacitors. He has bright red hair and blue eyes, stands at a medium height, and is fairly slightly built, though his mechanical work gives him an odd combination of delicate fingers and a lot of muscle.Ability/Trait: Alexander is a master inventor, attempting to keep up with the latest in scientific advancements. He loves to investigate electricity and (by complete accident, after dropping a ball bearing between two charged rods) has invented a handheld railgun. He now totes it around wherever he goes and attempts to improve it whenever he can. He can also create or tinker with most mechanical items, but his railgun is his pride and joy.Bio: The Macedonii are a massively rich noble family, and so Alexander has pretty much had everything he needed since he was young. From childhood he's always had a fascination with mechanical items, and especially electricity. He discovered the relation between magnetism and electricity all by himself, completely by accident, and since that time has kept his railgun as a pet project. From the age of 19, he started a small business on the side, attempting to get it off the ground with aid from his family. He was a sucessful businessman for about five years, and in that time saw a lot of the poverty and strife that commoners lived in. He did what he could to improve their lot without bankrupting his business, but eventually he was pressured by his family to join the military as everyone else in their family had done, and he did so, closing his doors until he had served a tour of duty and could return. One of his major aims in life, once he has much influence and power, is to divorce human society from warlocks entirely. He knows that the common people are starving and he knows how crops can grow naturally. He wants to start a massive irrigation project, using the common aqueducts on a large scale to create artificial rivers which people can use to start farms. He also desires to attach purification plants to these reservoirs to pull out all the salt and edalb in the seawater, as well as install hydroelectric plants on the rivers to bring electricity to the masses. However, in the short term, he merely wishes to serve his military term and be done with it.:w:

OOCWell guys, hopefully tonight I can get the ball rolling again, with or without JC's activity.As for you Lloyd... one part of me says yes, another says no. I mean, I did make it clear that electricity is known about by scientists, just not made practical yet... I'm going say you're approved, because it throws a cog in the works, but just be sure you realize that electricity is unlikely to become popular in the time frame of this RPG; who knows though, your guy might actually succeed in starting a revolution.

voidstars.png

OOC: I know it's not going to get popular--the hydroelectric was just a side thing. Primarily I want to irrigate the place, since it's so simple that the Mesopotamians were able to do it without any infrastructure whatsoever. Combine it with a Roman-level ability to move water and slightly sub-modern filtering systems (paid for by Alexander) and it should work just fine.IC: Alexander "Mechanicus" Macedonii was exhausted. This was no surprise, considering that the drill instructors pushed them to their limits and beyond every day. He'd never wanted to be in the military, but it was family tradition, and when you were the second son of a long line of nobles, there was no averting tradition. However, even a tinkerer like him had to admit that it'd been good for him, physically speaking. He'd become quite fit, especially compared to before he'd enlisted, and his reactions were much sharper. He'd become a good shot with a crossbow, but he used his railgun on the shooting range whenever he had the chance, to prevent the corrections required by the much lighter crossbow from messing up his skill with the railgun.Thankfully, this was his last day in training and he'd soon be transferred to the army proper.:w:

OOCSo yeah guys, I've got an announcement.Fact of the matter is, I'm swamped. I can still manage this RPG but I simply cannot get on regularly. I don't want to give up on this however if you guys are still interested.So I ask, who of you are still willing to play?

voidstars.png

OOC: HumanUsername:Toa Korkoa: Toa of Plasma.Character name: Samuel Romos.Age:17Specialized weapon: Twin wristblades that extend about 6 inches past his fingertips. Replaces his sword.Appearance: A touch under 6 feet tall, Sam is pretty muscular, for a skinny guy. He has long brown hair tied back into a ponytail. He has a small scar crossing over his left eye.Ability/trait: Melee combat.Bio: Sam comes from a pretty simple life. His family has always been farmers, at least until the warlock rebellion. His family has tried to keep the farms going since then, although without much sucess. His family figures they have one, maybe two generations left before the farm fails completely. He was all ready to take over the farm and try to get a few last crops out of it, but... Then he was drafted. He found that he had a natural talent for swordfighting, and quickly trained himself, modifying a few farm tools to function as wristblades. His main motivation is to do his best to end the fighting before his younger brother, Timothy gets drafted.Warlock.Username: Toa Korkoa: Toa of Plasma.Character name: Michael Alka.Age: 19Specialization: Light manipulation. Basicly at the moment, he can bend light to alter his appearance, or others, create holograms, things like that. He's working on trying to fire lasers, but has so far been unsecessfull.Appearance: Tall,around 6' 5", and pretty skinny. He has short black hair and bright green eyes.Ability/trait: Ranged combat.Bio: Mike has been training as a warlock his whole life. He poured everything of himself into his studies, forgoing friends and even his family. As such, even though he knows he has great potential, he has very few social skills, and is actually quite afraid of interacting with people.

Edited by Toa Korkoa: Toa of plasma

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

OOC: Hopefully new faces will keep this going.For Samuel, the farms in Alkermpa are pretty much dead without the Warlock magic, so his backstory doesn't really fit.With Michael, you'll need to go more in-depth on his 'light manipulation' abilities.No approval yet.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOCYeah, hopefully.I'm writing up a giant post to end the battle and bring us back to the debriefing, as well as gather the warlocks. It should help kick things back off, with interaction and stuff.

voidstars.png

OOC: My stuff and better?

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

OOC: Sam is approved.Altering appearances would basicaly be just changing colour or completely bending light around the target to make it 'invisible'.I don't know how creating holograms would actually work, so I'll let Alex pass judgement on that.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOC: Yeah, that's how I intended for the altering appearances and invisibility to work. Not actual altering, just manipulating the light around him.And the holograms would basicly just be manipulating light around an empty space to make it appear as if something's there. No actual substance, just the illusion of it.

Edited by Toa Korkoa: Toa of plasma

OOC: Honestly, I think one of the things that made things inactive, was splitting all the active characters up into their own groups. =P And Orion got stationed in a watchtower of all places, which didn't help me to find things to post as. =P And, I, uh, kinda lost track of what happened to Martin. >>;

OOCYeah, everyone is stuck until I finish my big post; I've been so distracted with Starscape though xDDon't worry guys I'll try to focus and get the plot moving.

voidstars.png

OOC: I'm also more of a non-combat type, and I didn't give my character many combat abilities outside of random ambushes. You ever try fighting a guy with a sword, when all you have is burning rope and pieces of wood? Anyway, sorry that I haven't contributed much, hopefully character interaction picks up after the next plot post.

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

You ever try fighting a guy with a sword, when all you have is burning rope and pieces of wood?

OOC: as a matter of fact...i'm still very much interested in this rpg (mostly because most of the others are unappealing and the fallout rpg is still a spot on the horizon) so alex you can get your ###### in gear whenever (y)

• 2 weeks later...

IC Arhtok/Early MorningThe wall of flames was ever approaching, the Imperial troops fleeing in it’s wake while being killed from the rooftops by warlock warriors. The battle had turned for the worse for the humans; what was suppose to be a decisive strike was now a failure. Dark Pathways sprung up all over, warlocks coming through and cutting into the ranks of the fleeing mortals. Over a hundred thousand troops were now being slaughtered like farm animals, the bodies piling through the streets as Arhtok, the once quant little town, was turned into a warzone.The Makers Fist, somehow, perhaps by the Maker’s will, had found each other, the squad watching as the wall of fire came ever closer, Monroe choosing this time to continue showing his knowledge of every ancient curse in existence. He knew it was hopeless; he had seen these tactics before, and he knew the warlocks would kill every last human. It was just like he had predicted; a blood bath unlike any other, a defeat that would send shockwaves through the Empire. Ten million troops enlisted was impressive, but when you lost over a hundred thousand, it was a defeat unlike any other. Death like this hadn’t been seen in the entire war thus far.“Well, it was an honor serving with you all.” Monroe was carrying a crossbow he had picked up from a dead body, still cursing that his old crossbow had been broken by that **** warlock. He’d killed dozens with barely any effort, and yet some newbie warlock was able to cause him to retreat... it was something that seemed to transcend his little world, but it was of no matter. He’d fine that pain eventually and make it up to him. “We’re doomed, and that’s coming from an optimist.”“Sir, all respect due-“ The seargent began briefly before being cut off by Monroe.“That is not to say we aren’t going to go down in a blaze of glory... perhaps literally if we let that wall of fire hit us.” Monroe, almost as casually as brushing dust off of his shirt, raised his crossbow and shot out a bolt to the top of a building, a pained yelp coming from it and then a body tumbled down. Monroe pulled the bolt out of the dead warlock, sighing. “Five inches off; this isn’t balanced properly.”With those words of wisdom, the team formed up, darting through the streets as they downed various warlocks, fighting hand to hand and ranged as they made their way to the fallback position; much to the horror of the troops present however, the magic users couldn’t summon Dark Pathways to take them away from the battle. Thus the attackers were now trapped, an ever approaching wall of fire in front of them and warlock snipers behind them.Along the way towards the fallback zone the team ran pass an alcove, stopping as they heard cries of help. Monroe looked over into the alcove, five soldiers stuck in a trap. The wall of fire was directly behind the team, advancing steadily as the seargent slid down into the hole, rope from his pack being held by Monroe and the corporal. Naturally, the universe couldn’t let Jason get off easy; two of the soldiers had broken legs from the fall and another had a broken arm.“Seargent!” Monroe yelled. “The wall of fire isn’t slowing down anytime soon!”So Jason did the only logical thing; he picked up the nearest soldier and began pulling him and the soldier up the rope, while the other two well bodied soldiers did the same. It took an agonizing two minutes, the wall of flame engulfing the alcove as Jason pulled the last soldier out, but they made it nonetheless, continuing their sprint away from the wall of flames.When the Makers Fist arrived at the fallback zone the Emperor and Generals were there, thankfully lucid but still shaky from their experience. The Emperor, seeing Monroe approaching, turned from the Generals to give him a frown then sigh.“Commander, you probably saved my life. My thanks; it would seem however that your effort was wasted. These warlocks are destroying us, and it’s my fault.” The Emperor looked at the magic users, still vainly trying to open Pathways. “Any idea as to why we can’t escape?”“I think it has something to do with the sky.” Monroe looked up. “Everyone who can use magic is saying they see something up there. We need to get through that wall of fire, kill their pyros. Surely we have some ocean water on hand, right?”“We’re waiting on that, Commander.” The Emperor looked to the sky, towards the horizon. “Pray to the Makers that it arrives in time.”[Elsewhere]In the middle of the town the giant water entity still fought the creatures in the sky, swatting them into buildings all while it felt it’s strength weakening. They couldn’t destroy it, of course, but the entity knew his form would weaken to the point where he'd have to leave this world. A mere physical construct couldn't hold its spirit if it was weakened. It had to save the Maker's children though, if it was to save this cycle. The beginning of this cycle had been different; hope had been shown for these children, and it had to make sure that these creatures could not destroy the little hope that was there.Giving one final, last strike, the entity lashed out against everything, sending a funnel of water into the sky. The fountain quickly drained as it was forced into the unnatural sky, storm clouds beginning to brew. The creatures seemed to understand what was happening and began to run, but it was too late; a vicious storm began, lightning and water pouring down. Even the warlock's fires were dimmed, the wall of flames slowing as the pyro mages attempted to keep it going. The creatures though felt the impact of the raindrops like crossbow bolts, many of them crashing into the ground while a few managed to escape through the Pathways.Just as soon as the sky had cleared though, the fires began their deadly assault, the warlocks fueling them not quite sure what had happened but weren’t about to let the human assault get away. It was about this time that the human magic users could create Dark Pathways once more, troops pouring through them in retreat. Standing a hundred meters away in a courtyard, William was fighting off a squad of human warriors while others warlocks* gathered around him. Realizing he had no choice, he formed a Pathway, yelling for the other warlocks around him to get in. They charged through the Pathway, heading for the citadel.Meanwhile on the human front, Monroe stood next to the Emperor, the two men watching the sky. The Emperor had refused to evacuate, insisting that they stay and watch was about to unfold. For a while, Monroe didn’t know what it was; but now, a glimmer on the horizon could be seen, the rest of his team staring at it. A soldier with a binoculars walked by, Monroe snatching them and using them to look at the object. It looked like a giant, long balloon with a metal bay running down it’s belly; at this range he could even see the window in the front, a vague image of people inside of it. It was... unlike anything he’d ever seen.“The scientists call it an airship.” The Emperor smiled darkly. “They say it’s the future.”“How does it work?”“A combination of technology and magic.” The Emperor shook his head, whispering a prayer. “This will win the war.”The airship was surprisingly swift as Monroe watched it come closer and closer, until it reached the edge of Arhtok. The warlocks looked up at the massive vessel; some began using their powers on it, but before that could happen it began to rain. Not any natural rain; water poured from the vessel, spraying it down on the ground below. Monroe raised an eyebrow... then noticed what it was doing. Warlocks began to scream in the streets, frantically trying to find shelter as the torrent of water poured down on them. The Commander put two and two together soon enough and realized what was happening.“Ocean water.” Monroe was stunned. “That’s... hilarious and cruel at the same time.”“It isn’t lethal, but it’ll do it’s job.” The soldiers that hadn’t evacuated -a rather large number- began to cheer, new morale causing them to sweep through the streets. The magic users slipped away, presumably to find cover before the airship reached them. “The edalb will last for quite some time before the wind blows it away. The city, well, town, of Arhtok is now ours. Kcarw has a similar ship on it’s way; with Mox evacuated, the warlocks are all but defeated.”“How did you manage it, sir?” The Commander looked at the Emperor. “Those things, they thought we’d lose. Why didn’t they know?”“I didn’t reveal all of our secrets Commander.” The Emperor turned, walking into the shelter while Monroe and his team followed. “I’d like to make a field promotion though; Seargent, for bravery under extreme conditions, you are achieving the rank of Lieutenant one drop. Congratulations soldier. With that out of the way, you all have a new mission; thanks to Monroe’s snooping about we now know that the warlocks are heading to the Citadel of the Sea. If the next heir of the Sword of Epac is truly alive then this will be a very large problem.”“So I presume our mission is to go to the citadel and make sure the warlocks don’t get their hands on it?” The commander shrugged. “Sounds easy enough.”“I doubt it will be, but the optimistic spirit is always good for morale.” The Emperor sighed. “Your primary objective is to secure the Sword; bring it back to the palace if possible. The citadel is directly out of Revor; once you have your goal, head to the city and you’ll find your transport home.”[Citadel of the Sea/Late morning]The group of warlocks emerged from the Passage, William looking out at the ocean, and then at the temple on the edge of a cliff. It was clean and polished, so the priests there obviously were keeping it in good order, and for a temple of that size, that meant there would be quite a few. Nonetheless, with the warlocks with him -some of them he’d never seen before, but they’d be useful-, it’d be easy. But then again, the universe never was content to make things that easy.“Come on.” William began walking to the temple. “It’s time to fulfill prophecy.”OOC*All warlocks PCs are in that group; doesn’t matter if you were somewhere completely else, the will of the Makers demanded that you be there at that moment.Ok, ok, I know guys, this is no where near as big as some of my posts and you were forced to wait eleven days for this, but it’s here, now, so we can start playing again before the Judges deem this RPG inactive and shut us down. Got questions? Ask away.Fun fact! The Sword of Epac arc will end with one of you getting the sword; whoever RPs the best will get the sword. You won't be able to harness it's full power just yet, but human or warlock can use it. May the best RPer win.

Edited by Cartographer Alex Humva

voidstars.png

OOC: No questions. Just awesomeness.-==IC: Martin//Citadel of the Sea==-Martin panted, after everything that had happened had been finished.How did this all happen? Martin thought, as he stood up slowly, and frowned.Well... I guess we have to find this sword. But... I really believe the Fountain Entity's story now... Martin thought, as he walked toward the Citadel slowly.-==IC: Orion//Arhtok==-Orion nodded, as he listened to the details of the new mission."Alright." Orion stated, as he leaned against a wall for a moment to catch his breath; running and fighting had drained his energy... But he couldn't afford the opportunity to actually rest now; not now. Not when there was a new mission approaching rapidly.

IC(Tabris): The warlock veteran stood among the others, gazing upon the beautiful architecture of the Citadel. He grunted an affirmative to William when he declared that they would move out.IC(Karin): 'It'll be nice to get out of this warzone," muttered Karin. She kicked the dirt, anxious to leave this place."Oh," she spoke up, "when and how are we going to get to the Citadel?" she looked to Monroe, then to the Emperor.OOC: ToA, I'll probably try to get the whole thing with our nobles back up and running after I do my homework.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOCSwitching to my Starscape form of tagsIC [Location: Arhtok. Time: Morning. Identity: Emperor]"Via magic user, naturally." The Emperor was talking to one as Karin piped up, a Passage opening behind him. "As for when, grab some food, eat quickly, and then be on your way."The Emperor, the Imperial Guard, and the Generals left through the portal, several magic users following them but a few remaining behind. Outside of the building one could hear more and more cheering, as the soldiers celebrated. With all the edalb the warlocks couldn't resist, and even the ones holed up in buildings would soon fall. The battle was over.

voidstars.png

-==IC: Orion//Arhtok==-Orion nodded, as he looked around, not sure where the food could be... He hadn't been looking for that during the fight, after all. His suspicions about not being able to rest had been proven right, but he didn't care much about that right then; if he wanted to rest, he wouldn't have joined the military, after all.

IC: Tsulcrix stared at the sea as she walked behind the other warlocks, absorbed in her own thoughts. On the one hand, she had been lucky enough to escape Arhtok at all, let alone with comrades. On the other hand, she had also been drafted into an elite mission for the Order of Warlocks, one that she was grossly under-qualified for.In the end, between the shock of the recent massacre and her tiredness, the dark-skinned warlock decided it would be best to voice her concerns:"Um...I'm all for helping the Order, but I'm only a scribe and bookbinder. Won't I end up being dead weight?" She asked bluntly.OOC: Not an invitation to boot her, just a conversation starter. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/sarcastic.gif

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

IC [Location: Citadel of the Sea. Time: Late morning. Identity: William]"There was a scribe I knew once," William began with only half of his mind focused on the story, his pace never slowing. "She was somewhat like you; she lived in the desert, cataloging all the various lizards and small creatures that lived there. One day she came across a human caravan; they had been hit by raiders, only three survivors out of sixteen left. Those three had been tied to rocks and a beaten, then left to die. She freed them, but it turned out one of those survivors was a raider, waiting to ambush anyone who came across the survivors. She thought about running; she could of outrun the raider. Instead, she took her pen and relieved the raider of his eyesight. A rather bloody site but it's the least a murder deserves. Moral of the story? Do something with your pen; if nothing else, just write up what takes place today. I have a feeling it'll be in the history books either way."

voidstars.png

-==IC: Martin//Citadel of the Sea==-Martin raised his eyebrow at the story, but found it served a purpose of being able to raise morale."Any idea where in the Citadel this Sword might be?" Martin asked, though didn't know if they should be attempting this yet.

IC [Location: Outside of the Citadel. Identity: William]"Knowing humans? Likely in the middle of the temple, with it's own special room and lots of signs pointing towards it." The warlock shrugged. "Keep in mind boy, the humans worship the sea almost as much as the Makers. When the spirit of the ocean saved them from extinction, they were forever in it's debt. A sword that is said to summon that spirit... it would be kept in utter reverence. Of course humans can't be bothered to guard these things too terribly well, so I suspect less than twenty trained guards total in the temple, maybe a hundred or two hundred priests. When we walk in we form a circle; don't have our backs to anyone. Priests may not be fighters but a knife in the back hurts regardless of who uses it."OOCAlkermpa EU post currently 50% done.

voidstars.png

-==IC: Martin//Citadel of the Sea==-"True enough, that's a good point." Martin admitted, and nodded about his plan."We should probably enter as fast as we can, and subsequently get out as fast as we can." Martin said, as he still was thinking about what the Water Entity had said before...