Number Of Views

iPenguin

Does the number of views on a topic reflect the number of unique individuals who have viewed a topic, or the number of times someone has clicked to view the topic (so, if I visit a topic 3 times, it gets 3 views.)I think it's the latter, but I'm just curious.

Majhost sucks

Amount of times a topic has been opened from what I can remember, though it might have some flaws with counting view; might only count a certain person once per hour... I know it only updates views once per hour, though the rest I can't recall./EDIT: Okay, odd, maybe the updating was changed to immediately with the upgrade, I notice 7 views already.

Edited by Pit: Arrow of Light

It can't be the number of unique individuals who viewed it, as some topics have tens of thousands of views, far more than even the total number of members. So it's likely that every time you view a topic, the counter is raised by one.As for how it updates, I'm not sure. It was hourly or half-hourly before the update, but things might be different now.e: Okay, suspicions confirmed. Once I posted, the view count jumped from 7 to 22, so I guess the board updates posts and views simultaneously. It probably also does the hourly thing since some topics can go days without a new post.

Edited by Bfahome

OpAXNpl.jpg