News

Dralcax

OK, I have a news tip to send in regarding future lego sets that were recently revealed at Comic-Con. However, this information came from Lego's page on a forbidden social networking site. Would it still be OK to send in and have it make the front page? Because I know you can't even see it without an account. So would that be fine?

aouROFb.png

I've linked things in my news reports to social networks, and it was posted on the front page. It should be fine for you if it was for me.EDIT: Ninja'd by Bfahome

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

If one can't see it without an account, you may want to supply a screenshot or something. (Not that a staff member can't take a screenshot for the news report, but if someone gets an "unavailable" page or something, they may think the report's bogus. You know, just in case.)

Edited by BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

Generally, reports on the front page can link to things that otherwise couldn't be linked to.Either way, no harm in trying.
I've linked things in my news reports to social networks, and it was posted on the front page. It should be fine for you if it was for me.
It is indeed fine to provide social networks and other sites as a source in a news report, especially if the page is directly affiliated with LEGO. In this case of needing an account, it might be a good idea to follow BioGio's advice and provide a screenshot along with the link.Question answered, topic closed.