I Have A Few Problems....

Makuta Matata

Have you been going to the archive, in reference to the logging out problem? It logs you out on here if you go over to the archive, for whatever reason.And as for the password; I don't really know. It did that to me too, but I just updated it again. I'm thinking that maybe the system isn't entirely linked, and there are a couple flaws in things like that./EDIT: Darn, just barely ninja'd by Er, didn't even pop up the 'new reply' option. xD

Edited by Blade: Hero of Truth

Have you been going to the archive, in reference to the logging out problem? It logs you out on here if you go over to the archive, for whatever reason. And as for the password; I don't really know. It did that to me too, but I just updated it again. I'm thinking that maybe the system isn't entirely linked, and there are a couple flaws in things like that. /EDIT: Darn, just barely ninja'd by Er, didn't even pop up the 'new reply' option. xD

I changed my password on the archive because it told me to when I first visited there. Does that mean that my password is only changed on the archive?

Yeah. It did the exact same thing to me when I tried to log in yesterday, and I realized probably right at the last attempt before I accidentally locked myself out that that's what happened. Tried my old pass; worked fine.Why it did that, I have no clue, but that's what happened. I still updated my pass, though. =PAstro: It didn't 'change it back'... It just only updated it for the Archive. I think it's because the Archive's both the old forum, and a new site... Or it's because this is a new site based on the old forums. Either way, it has different passes, as I could log in with my new pass on the archive, yet had to use my old pass on here.

Edited by Blade: Hero of Truth

Astro: It didn't 'change it back'... It just only updated it for the Archive. I think it's because the Archive's both the old forum, and a new site... Or it's because this is a new site based on the old forums. Either way, it has different passes, as I could log in with my new pass on the archive, yet had to use my old pass on here.

The archive is just the old forums, nothing else. The only difference is that you cannot blog, post or PM, but besides that there is no difference to the old forums. In order to create the new forums, the database tables for members, PMs and blogs were copied from the old forums and re-used for this one, so this forum is working with a (once) identical copy of those tables, but still database tables on their own. ;) Which is the reason why post counts, passwords, avatars and everything else from the archive are independent from those of the new forums.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Ah, that makes sense then, and I should've realized that. I guess I'm just used to how everything seemed to be linked throughout the site(Like on the homepage, where it shows your name and such); that I didn't realize it was a copy of the old database. Thanks for explaining a little bit more, Gata. =)

I just hope they integrate the archives into the new forum. And, of course, the portal page. Does the new IPB support portal pages? --:ruru:

Actually, that would make little sense, as that would make the point for creating the archive and the new forums in the first place void, which is to reduce server load. ;) IPB does support portal pages, but we already have the front page for news and such.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I just hope they integrate the archives into the new forum. And, of course, the portal page. Does the new IPB support portal pages? -- :ruru:

Actually, that would make little sense, as that would make the point for creating the archive and the new forums in the first place void, which is to reduce server load. ;) IPB does support portal pages, but we already have the front page for news and such. ~Gata. ;)
Well, I had thought the way they were doing that was by locking all the topics so the indexing process would not have to include the old topics, as they wouldn't be updated, ever. But if not... then at least a link to the archives on the new forums would help. On the other note, I think that if B6 could integrate the front page into the new IPB software, then that would be awesome, as it would have the new look and feel more like a part of the forum. Also, is the front page separate from the forums, or is it run by IPB, too? --:ruru:

banner.jpg

I just hope they integrate the archives into the new forum. And, of course, the portal page. Does the new IPB support portal pages? -- :ruru:

Actually, that would make little sense, as that would make the point for creating the archive and the new forums in the first place void, which is to reduce server load. ;) IPB does support portal pages, but we already have the front page for news and such. ~Gata. ;)
Well, I had thought the way they were doing that was by locking all the topics so the indexing process would not have to include the old topics, as they wouldn't be updated, ever. But if not... then at least a link to the archives on the new forums would help. On the other note, I think that if B6 could integrate the front page into the new IPB software, then that would be awesome, as it would have the new look and feel more like a part of the forum. Also, is the front page separate from the forums, or is it run by IPB, too? -- :ruru:
I'm afraid that would't help. The stress of the server is not the amount of new posts it receives, it's the amount of posts it has to go through each time one of those 10,000 members logs in and browses the forum. The main page will be updated later on, and it's not part of IPB, as far as I know - it's custom code. Give them sometime, and they will have the new one up and running; I guess this means a quick link to the archives will be implemented as well. Edited by Riglax