Ultimate Dume Kraahkan

Toa Kayn

I got one with the Ultimate Dume set in '04 so I was wondering if it is rare at all. I thought maybe that it is a slightly exclusive mask it might have some value although people may not like it because of the strange way to attach it to a Bionicle.

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

It is moderately rare, as it only came with the limited edition version of Ultimate Dume, making it rather exclusive. Value is generally more related to how common something is than how it attaches. For this Kraahkan, the average price in BrickLink is indeed quite a bit higher than for the other black varieties.~B~

Edited by Ballom

I don't think it's all that rare. It's exclusive to that set, but it's not like it was a limited production piece. I for one can't consider it rare when I have 2 or 3 of them (can't remember).

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

It is relatively rare. It was limited to TRU, so much like the Movie Edition Kraahkan from Takutanuva, it has a fairly high collectability rate (though it's status as an atypical "mask" piece tends to devalue it slightly, as you pointed out). In short, yeah, people will buy it for a good sum. I have one in my collection, and it's definitely a fun thing to own.

I've never seen one in person- how does it attach?
It has two axle holes on the bottom, along the back side. When used on Ultimate Dume itself, two 4 stud axles are used to connect to the upper jaw.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."