My Larger MOCs

Click

Okay, like I said in the Nui-Rama Topic (if you have no idea what I'm talking about, you should check it out!), I'm clearing some shelf space, and thought I'd post my MOCs. So, this is part two of that, revealing my larger MOCs that don't quite deserve their own topics.

Mutant Muaka

First up, is a Mutant Muaka. This originally came into my mind while thinking about more story ideas, and I thought of an escaped Vortixx that had a team of Mutated Rahi to follow her/him. I came up with one per element, like a canister release, but only the Muaka really deserved being built.Unfortunately, only one picture really came out well out of the bunch I took, but you get the idea.Front ViewFun facts about this guy include that his head design was remodelled from a HF villain idea I had, just now with teeth and ears. I also tried to keep true to the set, but I had limited yellow and black, so I changed to Keetorange and Grey, but a bunch of other colors snuck in. I have liked his tread design enough to reuse it though, so look out for it on other MOCs!

Toa of Radiation

This guy is actually a revamp of an older MOC, designed to show off my Radiation color scheme. I eventually gave him a story in my epic called Fractures, as an EM Agent. Anyways, here he is:Old versionYeah, not very impressive. I only built him so my Matoran of Radiation would have a Toa companion, so I decided to remake him.Front ViewHuge improvement, now he has more armor, completely custom torso and limbs, and he just looks cool. I used a few different approaches here, like on the shoulder pads, but all in all, it turned out pretty cool.Back ViewHere you can see the improved articulated waist and the leg design. It's not quite as clean on the other side.Don't make me press it!Yes, he has a button. His original element was Nuclear Radiation, but Radiation just flows better. I didn't change it until I thought of Nukes, and big red buttons to set them off. Mostly a private joke with my friends. :DCharge!I thought I'd throw in another pose while I'm doing it then. It took forever to balance.

Function Toa

This guy was just a proof of concept for a theme idea I was thinking about putting on Cuusoo. Basically, I wanted a line like Bionicle, but with more functions and streamlined pieces. This guy was a test for a punching function I thought of (based on this Power Miner set's drill function), and I had fun trying to make a bending elbow with that. It turned out great, and the function works at any rotation possible with the joint.Front ViewHey, even though he's a prototype, doesn't mean I can't make him look cool. :DArm MechanicsI took off the Technic curved pieces to show more detail of the gears. Feel free to borrow it if you would like to.That's all for now, but I have a few more MOCs to show off later, and since there's a "Larger MOCs" topic, there has to be a "Smaller MOCs," which I'm better at. For now, Comment, critique, and enjoy!

These Look very good in my opinion and I'll just start from the top:Mutant Muaka: I like that it still feels like I'm looking at a muaka tiger, it has that general feel to it. I personally think that its original black and yellow color scheme would have looked better but in your case this is just fine; Though while i never thought of a muaka looking so humanoid on 2 legs like that, It makes for an interesting look. Good Job on this one.Toa of Radiation: Oh yeah i remeber being a guest seeing you post the original and thinking it looked fine but time for a new review. Looks much better just like you said, like they say:nothing better than a bit of customization and it does flow well and looks cohesive: those vahki legs acting as the shoulders look like they pop up a little too much throwing the proportions off. Now transitioning to the back, it seems a little bare back there like it is too open but i'm unsure if this is purposeful or not because the upper half looks like it could topple off at any moment?Function Toa: I have been waiting for forever for someone to take the concept of the original wave of Bionicles' set functions and re-construct it in modern form, Thank you! While this being just a prototype i cannot say much but that if the arm function works fine, then i'm fine; And may i say that the design for it is quite ingenious while it has a really robotic feel right now I'd say with a bit of tweaking and original thought process this would be even more amazing!I really liked reviewing these MOCs' and i hope to see more from you. Great Job!

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=5560715 -Self-MOC

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=5560714 -Secondary Self-MOC

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=5587302 -Core Hunter Revamp

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=5560723 -Duncan Bulk Revamp

''When Darkness has come, the Light will truly shine''

''When Makuhero is in scraps...you have my permission to FRY Heroes!''

• 4 weeks later...

muaka : good, it has an intresting buildtoa of radiation: Intresting arm design, why the red barraki eye in his handfunctions toa:a bit bland.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

muaka : good, it has an intresting buildtoa of radiation: Intresting arm design, why the red barraki eye in his handfunctions toa:a bit bland.
Please do not post in topics that have been inactive for twenty days or more in BBC, as this is considered topic revival.Revived topic closed.