A Dude Who Is Lime And Blue

Xinlo

Here I go again with the weird colour-schemed no-name guys lol. First MOC in a few months, made just to show off my pretty new light blue Komau which I then substituted for my pretty new light blue Ruru. Didn't think it really needed more than one picture, so here it is:

Clicky thisSo, thoughts? Suggestions?

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate the comments.@Tenuk: The arms are a tad long, yeah. But as you said, I don't know how I could fix it; this wasn't really a serious MOC anyway.@High Voltage: I may use that name. How'd you come up with it?@Chro: There's only like 3 black pieces on the whole thing, only one of which is noticeable. I would replace it, but I don't have it in lime or light blue.@Jaller: Right arm piece? both arms are the same... unless you mean the gun?

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Sorry to shatter your dreams, but lime/blue is a pretty common color scheme. Note Nocturn, Hahli Mahri, and every Toa of The Green. =P However, it's common because it works, and this is no exception. your color layering here with the lime base and blue accents is beautiful, with the exception of the unavoidable black scars on an otherwise pastel MOC. The slizer head gun is beautiful, and the bohrok arm torso is, if slightly unoriginal, pulled off in a unique and appealing manner. The highlight, one ever, of the MOC is the transblue tubing on the back. It just WORKS, y'know? So pretty! <3

Very creative. The torso and upper limbs are very nice, but the lower limbs could be completely custom. The ball-and-socket joints, I have found, should always be the same combination of one color ball and one color socket. You have many combinations here: green and green, blue and green, green and blue... the neck joint cannot be helped without serious piece modification, so let's ignore that. For everything else, use a green ball-blue-socket combination. It will help get more blue into the torso and help with consistency. To aid the latter further, try getting rid of all obvious black or try to integrate more of it into the limbs.You may be wondering how to make custom lower limbs with green ball joints - you can either make an elbow connection like a typical neck connection, or like a knee connection by shaving off the top of a green ball so that an axle may go right through, and continue as one would with the pre-made red or black ones. Well, excellent work!a_peace.png

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

Lime green and light blue are not traditionally considered colors that go very well together, but somehow, this works.The main critique I can provide is in the torso. I like the idea behind a fully custom torso, and I've never seen someone using Bohrok limbs in that alignment as the centerpiece of a torso design. Unfortunately, this design leads to inherent awkwardness and gaps. It looks like it's on the way to being good, but sort of WIP-ish.Aside from that, the color layering is peculiar in some areas. It's mostly blue-on-lime, but some areas have more blue than others and some areas invert the scheme altogether. (The legs, in particular, exhibit both of these flaws.) This is something that could be fixed with just a bit of tinkering and tweaking.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Pretty cool :PIt looks like the left hand is a right hand, but I might be mistaking.Also, they're not my favourite colours, but apart from that it's awesome :)

I turned out to be exactly the grown-up I wanted to be.
A child - but with a credit card.

wsjf4.png

Kanohi upside down = epic beard.

We've all tried it, don't deny it.

@Xalen: Lime/blue yes, but I've never seen lime and light blue. I've seen medium and dark blue, though. And thanks, I liked the tubes too. But how is the torso unoriginal? I've never seen it before.@Fsnorglepuff: I never got what the big deal was with colour layering, but I might try what you say with the ball joints. However, I rarely modify my pieces, and when I do it's only when I have so many that it doesn't matter. Thanks for the suggestions anyway, though.@Charles: Really? I had my room painted blue and lime at one point.

:P Isee what you mean about the torso, and I pondered over it for a while, but just don't have some of the pieces I'd like to have, and bricklink's price minimum makes it hard for me to acquire them...As I said earlier, I never got the problem with odd layering... I figure if all the pieces are the same 2 colours it's fine. :P But I'll tinker and see what I can do.@High Voltage: Oh, I see now. Cool. I'll use that.@Tommy: These colours rock bro :P Also all the hands are the same, there are no right or left. Thanks for your comment, though!

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

@Xalen: Lime/blue yes, but I've never seen lime and light blue. I've seen medium and dark blue, though. And thanks, I liked the tubes too. But how is the torso unoriginal? I've never seen it before.@Fsnorglepuff: I never got what the big deal was with colour layering, but I might try what you say with the ball joints. However, I rarely modify my pieces, and when I do it's only when I have so many that it doesn't matter. Thanks for the suggestions anyway, though.@Charles: Really? I had my room painted blue and lime at one point.

:P Isee what you mean about the torso, and I pondered over it for a while, but just don't have some of the pieces I'd like to have, and bricklink's price minimum makes it hard for me to acquire them...As I said earlier, I never got the problem with odd layering... I figure if all the pieces are the same 2 colours it's fine. :P But I'll tinker and see what I can do.@High Voltage: Oh, I see now. Cool. I'll use that.@Tommy: These colours rock bro :P Also all the hands are the same, there are no right or left. Thanks for your comment, though!

xinlo-small.gif

Well this is obviously your own design, but I've seen Bohrok limbs as a chest for female MOCs as a not uncommon design after Nuva shoulders went out of style.