Super Smash Bros. topic

Squishyfrog

i couldn't find another topic for it soYEAH YEAH AWESOME GAME SERIES YEAHi like Brawl better than Melee even though Melee has my favorite character. PICHU. jk it's Mewtwo(who should totally be in SM4SH or SSB4 or Smash 4 or whatever you want to call it)speaking of Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS(le gasp! another name for it) who/ what do you want to see put in/removed/changed and whatnotmy personal wishlist goes something like this:Gameplay changes:remove tripping garbaghl so annoyingmake it faster than Brawl but slower than Meleeuh nothing else i can think of atmCharacters:remove Pokemon Trainer(hard to play and taking up slots for better and more relevant Pokemon)put in Genesectput in Zoroarkbring back Mewtwo(yes i know four pseudo-humanoid Pokemon making it into one game is really ridiculous but I CAN DREAM CAN'T I beside these three would be waaay better than Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon and they could still have radically different playstyles even though they all have similar sizes and shapes and OKAY SO THIS ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN WHATEVER don't put in Zoroark then i don't care as much about her)put in K. Roolput in Ridleyput in Ghirahimput in Sukapon(even though he has practically no chance ;______; )put in Megamangive Ganondorf his Wind Waker appearance(maybe even change his playstyle to dual swords, further differentiating himself from CF)(please keep in mind this is all my opinion and you are free to disagree but not flame)uh yeah that's about it. a bit on the optimist side but that's just me. at least it's not like "OH HEY GIVE *favorite game series here* LIKE A BAJILLION REPS ESPECIALLY *obscure favorite character here that no one cares about*" yeah i know i put in Sukapon LEAVE ME ALONEso discuss! =)

Edited by II. Xigbar

overlordsukapon.png

Yup. Tripping is soooooo annoying. Someone could end up killing you because it could happen at a gamebreaking point and make you lose. Also, isn't there supposed to be a SSB 4? If so, is there any word on it?
There is indeed going to be a new SSB. Two of them to be exact, for Wii U and 3DS. They're being developed by Namco Bandai overseen by Masahiro Sakurai, creator of the series. Edited by XIV. Xion

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

SSB4 will no doubt be amazing-especially with 3DS/WiiU crossplay. And I'm hoping we get Shulk and Zael from Xenoblade and The Last Story, you can never have enough giant swords in a fighting game.I'm also hoping for an even better story mode than Subspace, possibly with, at minimum, text boxes, but I'd really love voice acting (and they all would have VAs for the game anyway, and a pretty good story wouldn't be too hard for those guys).And I have the story figured out: Iwata, Sakurai, Miyamoto, and Reggie are all kidnapped by Kevin Butler and Bill Gates, so all the Nintendo characters must come into the real world to save them. However, all the Nintendo enemies followed the heroes, so they must get rid of them to protect the real world. After a ton of action-packed levels, boss fights, and such, it somehow ends with Mario fist bumping Master Chief and Nathan Drake, and everyone is partying and eating sushi and buffalo wings. And then... Yeah, that's it. And I'd be pretty shocked if that's how the story actually turns out.

Also, isn't there supposed to be a SSB 4? If so, is there any word on it?
yeah-huh. the most we've heard is that Namco Bandai will be working on it, the 3DS version will be more personal building your character up and whatnot, and then importing them onto the Wii U to "show off your skills". also Sakurai said that a Capcom character wouldn't be out of the question, and that he doesn't want to swarm the game with tons of new characters, instead going for a change of direction.so that's about it. sounds good to me so far. Edited by II. Xigbar

overlordsukapon.png

Copied this from another post I made concerning Brawl + SSBB4 on another site:The main thing I'd like to see is across-the-board combos. Some characters in Brawl already have some simple 2 or 3-hit combos (DK and Zero Suit Samus come to mind) plus the standard auto-combo, but having a combo mechanic (canceling, maybe?) would give the game a higher skill ceiling, which I think it needs. The number of hits a combo does is relatively unimportant (though more is always flashier) - what is important is the amount of damage a combo does.Note that I'm talking about "real" combos here - inescapable combos that cannot be teched or blocked until they're over. Techable/blockable combos fall into the same "gimmick" category tripping falls into, which obviously not a good thing. Like I just hinted at, I'd also like to see tripping removed. It was a useless "mechanic" that served no other purpose other than a source of frustration.Brawl's netcode needs to be seriously re-worked. I say "Brawl's" and not Nintendo WFC in general because I play Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (probably the only other good fighting game on the Wii) on WFC as well, and it's pretty playable in most conditions. On top of that, TvC is probably 3-4 times as fast as Brawl gameplay-wise, with mistakes also being a lot more costly - I don't really think Nintendo has too many excuses here.The character roster is relatively okay as-is as far as I'm concerned, though I'd like to see Ghirahim become playable. Ryu or Mega Man would also be a nice addition.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Anyone else lucky enough to play a pro in SSBB? I have, but lost.
I've played a few pros, I lost two matches, one of which was very close. However, I did win a match against another pro player.There is a part of me that wants to go to the pro tournaments. Edited by Kohaku

I'd recommend finding local Brawl players if you want serious competition. Online play doesn't even come close to local multiplayer.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Personally, I'd love to see Bowser Jr., Toad, Pac-Man, Crash, Tails, and Knuckles in the next Smash Bros. It would be cool to see Mega Man, another F-Zero and Metroid character, and Waluigi in it too (and Dr. Eggman) but that would bring the roster up to like, 45.I'd want some to leave too, like Jigglypuff, Olimar, the Pokemon Trainer, Ice Climbers, and Dedede leave, though. They, IMO, are kind of unnecessary to me and all. I would say Ganondorf, but he's the main villain of Zelda, and if anything, they can redo him so he's not like CF.~TN:TS~

The long awaited third season of TA:OT is finally here!!

I agree with most of your suggested changes, Squishy, except I thought Brawl's speed was perfect, and doesn't really need to be changed for the next game. Also, I think the new Metroid character should be Rundas, as he's much more awesome, the only other ice attacks come from the Ice Climbers, and it seems like he could be a lot better implemented than Ridley. Alternately, Ghor, becuase he's cool too. :PI also heavily support King K Rool, especially if he employs a lot of stuff from his Baron K Roolenstein incarnation, as he would be awesome and still differentiate himself from other heavy, slow chracter like Bowser. For instance, he can use his jetpack for his recovery, and have his Final Smash be summoning KAOS.Otherwise, I hope there are a lot of new stages added from the awesome Wii games that followed Brawl, like maybe an Elysia scrolling stage from Corruption. :biggrin:~B~

Edited by Ballom

I agree with most of your suggested changes, Squishy, except I thought Brawl's speed was perfect, and doesn't really need to be changed for the next game. Also, I think the new Metroid character should be Rundas, as he's much more awesome, the only other ice attacks come from the Ice Climbers, and it seems like he could be a lot better implemented than Ridley. Alternately, Ghor, becuase he's cool too. :P
eh, sometimes i feel Brawl was just a touch too slow. i'd still be fine if they didn't change it, though, so long as it doesn't go back to Melee speed.also, i'm not a big Metroid fan, nor do i know much about it, but i do know that Ridley is the main villain and therefore deserves a spot over Rundas IMO. even so, Rundas is extremely cool and i wouldn't mind him being in at all, i just feel Ridley deserves it more. either way, Metroid does deserve another rep, especially over some obscure series like Star Fox that already has three for no particular reason.

overlordsukapon.png

Yeah, King K. Rool too :).I always thought that the SSE was a little too easy (it was fun, don't get me wrong). But if Sakurai is putting a sequel to the SSE in the new one, I'd want the difficulty level to be a little higher. While I feel that more characters should be added, I wouldn't bring the roster above 50-60 characters. That's why I believe that some characters should be removed, like the FORBIDDEN SEVEN...but the useless ones. Toon Link, for example, is okay, but doesn't really need to be there--they should make Link or Zelda better. Ganondorf should really be fixed up, because IMO he was one of the worst characters of Brawl. And I don't care that Jigglypuff has been in all three--I want it out, unless they can reallly spruce him up.In short, Sakurai really needs to make solid characters, like Meta Knight (my personal favorite, and top of the tier list) was in Brawl. Any characters that can't be fixed should be KO'd. We really need new characters anyway...and ELIMINATION would be able to grant them a spot.~MN~

The long awaited third season of TA:OT is finally here!!

It isn't that SSE is easy (except for some of the bosses on Hard/Intense) its that Brawl in general is easy. Level 9 CPUs are rather easy in brawl, whereas I have a hard time in other fighting games at 2-3 levels above normal.And I think the roster should be completely redone, no more clones, and at most 10 new characters, the roster size should be the same, or even a little smaller, then it would most likely be more balanced. Anyways, existing characters need to be rebalanced, Meta Knight and Snake need to be nerfed, Ganondorf needs to be better, and the tier list needs to be in the B-S range, not the D-S+ range.

Edited by III. Xaldin