The Great Spirit Robot

What was the extent of the control Mata-Nui and Teridax had over the Matoran Universe while they were in control? Could they move the land, water, gravity or other things? What exactly could they have done if they had wanted to?Also, partly unrelated, what was the water outside of MetruNui's silver sea made of? Protodermis also or actual water?

As for your first question: the controller of the robot can control the land, water, air, gravity... either everything or pretty much everything. Teridax did need to send Visorak to repair some of his mechanical components during the fight with Mata Nui, which could show that how much he can repair himself is limited. But he could have just done that so he could focus on the fight, and if he can control everything else about his environment, I expect he would be able to do internal repairs. We know some islands were vital to the functioning of the Matoran Universe, so he couldn't have, say, leveled Metru Nui. But he could have completely destroyed other islands or even made new ones if he put his mind to it, I think.As for your second question, if you're referring to the rest of the ocean in the Matoran Universe, that is Protodermis too. All 'water' the beings of the MU normally encountered in their lives was a form of Protodermis.

Edited by The Iron Toa

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I'd advise you to read the serial about Teridax's reign. There were examples given in it. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Yes. Mata Nui (or whoever occupied the Great Spirit Robot), had control over the natural forces of the Matoran Universe, such as gravity and the like, and over the land itself. Another such example of that omnipotent power is Teridax's formation of the stars over Metru Nui in the shape of a Kraahkan upon the success of his Great Plan.And slightly confused, but if you're referring to the Silver Sea surrounding Metru Nui, then that was a form of liquid Protodermis. But the ocean surrounding Mata Nui on Aqua Magna was just plain ol' water.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

Well, he was far from omnipotent, even to the universe within him. He had total or near-total control of the environment, but not direct control of its inhabitants, could probably not control time within the MU, and had to spare concentration to interfere in the world within him, which took practice. That actually made me wonder about something. I expect Mata Nui could teleport beings within his universe around (or eject them entirely if he wanted to) as Teridax did. But what if that wasn't a normal Great Spirit ability, but Teridax using one of his Makuta powers?

Edited by The Iron Toa

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Well, he was far from omnipotent, even to the universe within him. He had total or near-total control of the environment, but not direct control of its inhabitants, could probably not control time within the MU, and had to spare concentration to interfere in the world within him, which took practice. That actually made me wonder about something. I expect Mata Nui could teleport beings within his universe around (or eject them entirely if he wanted to) as Teridax did. But what if that wasn't a normal Great Spirit ability, but Teridax using one of his Makuta powers?
It's possible. The Great Beings might not have wanted Mata Nui to send valuable nanotech into space.But that would make Teridax in control of the robot more powerful than Mata Nui himself, which begs the question of why Mata Nui gave that much power to his successor, seeing as it came around to get him later. Edited by fishers64