A Few Questions

Hi, I was hoping somebody here may be able to answer a few of my questions. I'm working on a theory involving things such as Energized Protodermis, the Nuva Symbols, and a few other things, so I just want to make sure I have my facts straight beforehand. With that said, here's what I need to know:1) Was there ever any explicit reason for the pool of Energized Protodermis in the Bahrag's chamber?2) How long before the Toa Mata transformed did Artakha construct the Nuva Symbols/Nuva Cube? 3) What are the Bohrok nests be in relation to Mata Nui's anatomy? (For example, Karda Nui is supposedly his "heart"; this answer doesn't necessarily need to be from any canon source, I'm just looking for a good estimation.)4) Where is the Nuva Cube now? I remember reading somewhere (a while back) that it was relocated to Spherus Magna, but I can't remember how "official" that answer was.One more question that isn't related to my fact-checking:5) The Toa Metru created the Toa Stones that would summon the Toa Mata's canisters, right? Well, how did they create them with the purpose of summoning the canisters if they had never encountered the Toa Mata before? By that time, the canisters had either been sealed in the Codrex or drifting about on Aqua Magna, so how did the Toa Mata's canisters know to lock onto those particular Stones?Thanks in advance for anybody who can answer. :)

coolbroban.png
| Sig Credit: - Everclear - |

1. Not an in-story one that I know of. Out-story, of course, it's there so the Mata can get their upgrade.2. I haven't the foggiest.3. I do believe they're in his face, seeing as they were under the island and their explicit purpose is to clean up that coat of rock when he needs to get up and go.4. BS01 says that the Nuva Cube remains in the nest. Presumably it hasn't been touched since the Kal tried to use it.5. The Toa Metru created Toa stones, yeah, but at the time they thought they were creating the stones for a new set of six to use. I have a theory that it depends how Toa stones are activated as to whether they create Toa or summon them. Takua was told by Turaga Vakama to use the stones to summon the Toa Mata, presumably because Vakama got a vision of them, and so that's what Takua meant to do and that's what happened. If the stones had instead been used by a group of Matoran with the intent of becoming Toa, that's what would have happened.Or maybe if it's one Matoran messing with six Toa stones the stones send out a signal (put into all Toa stones via GB Safeguards R Us) to the nearest Toa, and it's only when the number of Matoran with intent equals the number of Toa stones that a team is formed. I like my intent theory more, though. The Safeguards R Us still factors into that to explain the Toa-summoning signal; presumably it hooks into canister propulsion systems. If a Toa was hanging out nearby for an SOS to reach them they might get a telepathic guide urging them to go help.Pff. I wonder how much of that answer is baseless speculation.

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

Hmmm...1.) If I recall correctly, the Bahrag used the pool to create the Krana-Kal, though I could be mistaken.2.) Unknown. To give a shot in the dark, I'd say that Artakha designed them after the Greats Disks and the Kanohi Avokhii.3.) Perhaps in the equivalent of his nasal area (nose/nostrils)?4.) It is either, as Mr. Lielac said, still in the Bahrag's chamber, though I believe it may have been destroyed when the Toa Nuva released the Bahrag.5.) The Toa Metru created this set of Toa Stones in order to make new Toa should the need arise. They simply did not know that the stones would be used in the manner in which they were used.I do hope I've been of help.Sincerely, :akaku: X-Ray :akaku:

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
- Ecclesiastes 4:12

1) Was there ever any explicit reason for the pool of Energized Protodermis in the Bahrag's chamber?
I was curious about this recently but I couldn't find clear info on BS01. I am pretty sure it was revealed at one point that it was a death trap. I forget who -- also, I think the Bahrag didn't know about it, but I'm probably wrong.I think it was the Order, intended as a death trap for those who aren't destined to transform, and operating on the assumption that anyone who is destined will not oppose Mata Nui's will, but not sure.
3) What are the Bohrok nests be in relation to Mata Nui's anatomy? (For example, Karda Nui is supposedly his "heart"; this answer doesn't necessarily need to be from any canon source, I'm just looking for a good estimation.)
Handcuff-eating probiotic storage appendix.
Where is the Nuva Cube now? I remember reading somewhere (a while back) that it was relocated to Spherus Magna, but I can't remember how "official" that answer was.
It isn't mentioned on BS01's article. There's four likely locations. Left where the Bahrag were imprisoned, teleported back to Artakha (probably by Artakha the being) and left there, relocated to Spherus Magna by inhabitants or Artakha, or taken by the Nuva when they freed the Bahrag and later relocated to SM.
The Toa Metru created the Toa Stones that would summon the Toa Mata's canisters, right? Well, how did they create them with the purpose of summoning the canisters if they had never encountered the Toa Mata before?
Not how it works. They assumed they would be used to make new Toa. How exactly it didn't work that way, not sure if it was ever explained, but I presume it was the destiny systems ensuring the Nuva would come. Also Takua likely was not ready yet to be a Toa, which IMO is a prerequisite.
The Toa Metru created Toa stones, yeah, but at the time they thought they were creating the stones for a new set of six to use. I have a theory that it depends how Toa stones are activated as to whether they create Toa or summon them. Takua was told by Turaga Vakama to use the stones to summon the Toa Mata, presumably because Vakama got a vision of them, and so that's what Takua meant to do and that's what happened. If the stones had instead been used by a group of Matoran with the intent of becoming Toa, that's what would have happened.
I think most of this is right, except that destiny would be acting to make sure such a group would not get them, because that group wouldn't have the Mata/Nuva's destiny.Although it could have had a group of Toa whose destiny was to retrieve the canisters. Hey, a fanfic idea if anyone wants to use it. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

4.) It is either, as Mr. Lielac said, still in the Bahrag's chamber, though I believe it may have been destroyed when the Toa Nuva released the Bahrag.
-cough- Miss Lielac, thanks. :P (Easy mistake, Bionicle's target demographic was preteen boys.)I'm just going off BS01, because the last I recall it being mentioned in the story was 2003 and the BS01 article corroborates that by the history ending after stating the cube was left in the nest after the Kal's mission was foiled. Maybe it fell in a plot hole... pff, this'd be one of those things to ask Greg about, wouldn't it?

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

1) Was there ever any explicit reason for the pool of Energized Protodermis in the Bahrag's chamber?
I was curious about this recently but I couldn't find clear info on BS01. I am pretty sure it was revealed at one point that it was a death trap. I forget who -- also, I think the Bahrag didn't know about it, but I'm probably wrong.I think it was the Order, intended as a death trap for those who aren't destined to transform, and operating on the assumption that anyone who is destined will not oppose Mata Nui's will, but not sure.
The original Krana were created by the Great Beings from the remains of the process which created the first Matoran that had been made. They exposed the remains to Energized Protodermis. The mixture turned into not only Krana, but also Zyglak.The Bahrag were later taught how to create them on their own, and were given Energized Protodermis to dip an object into, which later becomes a Krana. A carving of this process was later inscribed on a tunnel above Metru Nui.
It is on the Krana page. Pretty much sums it up nicely.
99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

The original Krana were created by the Great Beings from the remains of the process which created the first Matoran that had been made. They exposed the remains to Energized Protodermis. The mixture turned into not only Krana, but also Zyglak.The Bahrag were later taught how to create them on their own, and were given Energized Protodermis to dip an object into, which later becomes a Krana. A carving of this process was later inscribed on a tunnel above Metru Nui.
It is on the Krana page. Pretty much sums it up nicely.
I see now that his question says "pool." I thought he meant the tubes of EP the Nuva fell into; that's what I was talking about. Pretty sure they are two separate things. Maybe not though.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I see now that his question says "pool." I thought he meant the tubes of EP the Nuva fell into; that's what I was talking about. Pretty sure they are two separate things. Maybe not though.
I said "pool," but as it turns out, I was indeed referring to the tubes. :PI actually wasn't aware that there were two separate EP sources. I could've sworn it was confirmed that Krana were created using some other unidentified liquid.EDIT: After checking BS01, I guess they do use EP to create Krana. Still, I meant the tubes. :) Edited by XyzTheDay!
coolbroban.png
| Sig Credit: - Everclear - |

You may be thinking of Visorak venom which was involved in transforming six Bohrok into the Kal, not involved with Krana. (At least, that's what I recall. Oddly I see no mention of it on BS01 either on the Kal's page or the Hordika venom page...)

You may be thinking of Visorak venom which was involved in transforming six Bohrok into the Kal, not involved with Krana. (At least, that's what I recall. Oddly I see no mention of it on BS01 either on the Kal's page or the Hordika venom page...)
I don't think it was confirmed that the Visorak were involved in the mutation... the story always has called what transformed the Kal as a 'mutagenic substance'. The Bahrag didn't make the Kal until at least some time after the robot was created and launched, so I'm not sure they'd have access to the venom anyway.-TN05

I don't think it was confirmed that the Visorak were involved in the mutation... the story always has called what transformed the Kal as a 'mutagenic substance'. The Bahrag didn't make the Kal until at least some time after the robot was created and launched, so I'm not sure they'd have access to the venom anyway.-TN05
Plus it never says kratta-kal was exposed to it.Just a tidbit!

new_sig_legacy_2.png

I'm sure Greg confirmed Visvenom was involved in something Bohrok related.

I'm sure Greg confirmed Visvenom was involved in something Bohrok related.
I'll go through the archives and check - if it is the case, that is a pretty major oversight on BS01.-TN05

3) What are the Bohrok nests be in relation to Mata Nui's anatomy? (For example, Karda Nui is supposedly his "heart"; this answer doesn't necessarily need to be from any canon source, I'm just looking for a good estimation.)4) Where is the Nuva Cube now? I remember reading somewhere (a while back) that it was relocated to Spherus Magna, but I can't remember how "official" that answer was.
3) They're just under the "skin" of his face.4) It was destroyed when the Bahrag were freed.
5) The Toa Metru created the Toa Stones that would summon the Toa Mata's canisters, right? Well, how did they create them with the purpose of summoning the canisters if they had never encountered the Toa Mata before? By that time, the canisters had either been sealed in the Codrex or drifting about on Aqua Magna, so how did the Toa Mata's canisters know to lock onto those particular Stones?Thanks in advance for anybody who can answer. :)
The Toa Metru did not create the Toa stones that summoned the canisters. They just put small amounts of Toa power in them and hid them all over the island. They thought that those stones would be used to create new Toa, not do what they did.My theory is this...the canisters have a navigational system, one that broke in the crash, and the default setting of the canisters with no guidance is to look for a homing/locator signal to lock in on. Normally there would be one in the giant robot, but due to said robot being out of commission there wasn't one. So the canisters kept "waiting" for the homing signal, until Takua gave it, the Toa stones probably providing the power to send the signal out.

I said "pool," but as it turns out, I was indeed referring to the tubes. :PI actually wasn't aware that there were two separate EP sources. I could've sworn it was confirmed that Krana were created using some other unidentified liquid.EDIT: After checking BS01, I guess they do use EP to create Krana. Still, I meant the tubes. :)
Hmm... I dunno then. I always thought that the Toa Nuva were exposed to a pool of Energized Protedermis... Or maybe, the tubes are just artistic license? :P
99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

The tubes were necessary or else the Nuva never would have fallen in. They wouldn't be standing atop an open pool. :P And comic illustrations are almost always the most canon except for confirmed errors.However, it's certainly possible it's both -- tubes that reach down into a pool that you could also access from outside the tubes in a cavern beneath the one the Bahrag were protocaged in. :shrugs:

The tubes were necessary or else the Nuva never would have fallen in. They wouldn't be standing atop an open pool. :P And comic illustrations are almost always the most canon except for confirmed errors.However, it's certainly possible it's both -- tubes that reach down into a pool that you could also access from outside the tubes in a cavern beneath the one the Bahrag were protocaged in. :shrugs:
Which would make sense. The Bahrag probably aren't destined to transform and can die from the EP. Perhaps the tubes are used as a safety precaution...

Which would make sense. The Bahrag probably aren't destined to transform and can die from the EP. Perhaps the tubes are used as a safety precaution...
I had always thought the Brotherhood or the Great Beings added them. :shrugs:-TN05