Bionicle, I Remember You!

Hey all. I've been a Bionicle fan since the start... literally since 2001. I was in 1st grade at the time, so I was about 7 or 8 years old. My first Bionicle was Toa Mata Lewa, and I loved playing with him as a toy.Over the years I would try to collect as many Bionicle as I could. I bought every single Toa Nuva ony my birthday, and my favorite instantly became Toa Kopaka. I bought Takua and his crab-thing, Jaller and his bird-thing, and Takanuva and his 'machine' thing he rode, and Makuta and every Rahkshi. Over the years I would get pieces from flea markets and such and would eventually have all the Toa Mata, some McDonlad's Matoran, and some Turaga, some Bohrok, and a Bohrok Kal. I bought all the books I could, and tried to get all the discs I could, watched the first movie thousands of times, I loved Bionicle. I loved the idea of tribes, and the overall original feel of Mata-Nui, it was cool.Then I kind of disliked how Vakama's all like "You were not the first Toa", and then we had that huge flashback to Metru-Nui. While I was okay with the whole new 'futuristic' setting of Bionicle, I much preferred the original Toa Mata and their quests for the masks on the tribal regions of Mata Nui led by village elders, the Turaga. Anyway, I bought every single Toa Metru, a few Vahki, Likhan and his Kikanalo, and Turaga Dume and his flying bird-thing. During the Visorak-period, I bought a few of the new Toa, I forget their name, and some Visorak, but never got Sidorak or his 'queen' - but I did get some minitaure lego-sets. I never liked anything to do with Metru-Nui, especially since my original heroes - the Toa Mata/Nuva were not in it.And then here comes Voya-Nui, probably my second favorite story-frame (with the Toa Mata/Nuva being the first). I liked Matoro a lot, he was cool-looking and I had bought every single Toa Inika, all the Pirhaka, and Axxon and Brutaka! This was an awesome year and I really liked their books and comics! Except I was disappointed when my most-loved heroes, the Toa Nuva, were beaten badly by the Piraka, I was so angry!Unfortunately, I did not like when the Mahri came into play... I think I bought the Matoro Mahri, but only cause I liked him, but I did buy all the villains (I forget their names). I had Godunka as well, and the Spinax hound and the guy who came with him, and that red guy (the other titan, I believe Teridax took him over?). After that, I lost interest.So what has happened after the events of the Toa Inika/Voya Nui? I'm 18, much too old to play with toys, but I STILL have all my Bionicle in a big 'ol box in my closet, don't know about the books. I'm just interested to find out how my childhood toys ended.

"Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero."

-Toa Kopaka Nuva