Suletu

It's a mask, so no, just part of the mold. :) Also, that's the organic version; we don't know what the standard shape looked like. It may have changed to look more "alive".

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

There goes bonesii, always with the correct answer. It's possible, though, that it was a sort of grill on the mask, and that when it was made organic, the grill changed to look a little bit like teeth.Although I'm going to assume that it'll all come down to, "because the set designers made it that way." :PThere's my two cents.signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Well it would be cool if those were his teeth...
Well, you know, they always could be. It's possible that Kongu's organic Suletu had a recessed portion there and Lego was trying to give the impression that gritted teeth were visible in the opening. Regardless, seems more likely that it really is just supposed to be an idiosyncrasy of the organic Suletu's outward appearance. As far as I'm aware, most Toa don't have viciously pointed teeth. Then again, most Toa aren't created by Red Star energies lashing out...I still think they aren't teeth. I do kind of like 1st Shadow's take on it, though. There might be something the teeth-like shape being an organic alteration on a pre-existing grill on the normal version. The main gist of it is probably that the designers thought it looked more fearsome, so they made it that way without bothering to ask the story department to cook up an explanation.

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.