Hero Factory MOC: Skeleton Cavalry

BrickPharaoh

As the title and the tags suggest, not a single piece that came out of a Bionicle set was used on this MOC. It uses pieces from 11 HF sets, whose names are too many to list so I'll leave it up to your imagination to guess which ones I mean. I love this MOC dearly as I've been dying to make a war horse using HF pieces ever since the new shell designs came out this summer on many of the HF wave sets. Let's cut to the chase, ladies and gents, and let me show you one of my favorite MOC's to date. I am most likely going to revamp it when I get back to Saudi Arabia for Christmas, so you could well call this an unfinished prototype which looks really good :PHere's a link to the photostream. Please try to forget the rider as he is the least of my concern really.http://www.flickr.com/photos/darksiderz_photostream/8203759437/in/photostream/I hope you guys enjoy it!! And please suggest adjustments so that I have some idea on what else I could change.:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Well as the first one to comment on this. I must say. Build wise its very impressive. View wise other that the witch doctor mask. Its not very skeleton looking. Perhaps if you removed some of the armor and left the bones bare. Other than that. Its a very good moc. 7/10

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

wow i love the way the head actually looks like a horses head. i think the horse looks more like a horse one of the horsemen of the Apocalypse would ride. overall i give it 9/10 i also really like the ride but the white head just seems out of place since everything else is dark

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Yeah as I was saying, I am likely to revamp this in a couple weeks' time so keep the feedback coming!! Oh and thanks for the comments guys!! BTW the rider was just meant to be a tablescrap to fit on top of the horse but seeing as so much feedback was given I will definitely either replace him by my PBZP of Lord Darkon or just give him a retouch. But thanks anyways!!:tohu:

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Only problem is that the horse completely steals the show here... I like the idea and the execution of the concept, but again, it's hard to concentrate on the rider when that amazing warhorse is in the shot too.I'm half-joking, the rider is really well-built, I like the all-black armor with the built-in blades. Really offsets the skull mask, which is probably one of the best uses I've seen of it.But that horse...! Jawdropping, really. Are you planning on touching up the tail a bit? It seems a little bare compared to the rest.

I'm planning on revamping the horse for a completely different rider. So the flaws in the horse will pretty much be ironed away (hopefully). And thanks!:tohu:

I found it kind of hard to tell where the horse ends and the rider begins, but this is pretty awesome. It looks fluid and sleek, and it's especially brilliant for being made out of HF.

"Only the insane equate pain with success.

Only the savage regard endurance of pain as a measure of worth.

Only the foolish consider pain to be just wages for being different".- The Cheshire Cat (American McGee's Alice/Alice:Madness Returns)

Wow. A horse that looks like a horse (of course). Most mounts I've seen in BIONICLE are lizards or bipeds of some sort, but I'm impressed with the look of the horse in this. The hind legs look a little funny, but then again, so do the legs on horses. It might be the size of the hooves in relation to the rest of the legs, or maybe it's just me. It flows well, which I guess could be either good or bad, since it's supposed to be skeletal, but either way, I like it.

How well will you die?

That was not at all what I was expecting. I saw the topic title and was thinking "hmm, cavalry, eh? How will they pull that off?" I was anticipating something approximately the size of a typical hero-villain combi model. Instead, it turned out to be a magnificent HF horse model with an appropriately-scaled rider.There simply aren't enough words to express how amazing this model is. My one major criticism is that the horse and rider are too similar in color IMO, so it's hard to make out where one ends and the other begins. If the rider were a contrasting color it might be more effective, though it's hard to think of a color that most of the appropriate parts exist in which still has the same level of ominousness. Perhaps red?Brilliant part usage for the reins.

Wow guys thanks for the awesome feedback! As I told you all I will be revisiting this MOC sometime soon...as soon as I get back to KSA for Christmas. And as for the rider he will pretty much either be rebuilt from scratch or replaced by a slightly modified version of this guy. So again, awesome feedback...with any luck (hopefully) this might get featured on the front page!!

:tohu:

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't expecting this, to be honest.

It's absolutely brilliant. I'd love to know how you pulled off the eyes.. the way they look behind those blades is just.. wow. I do agree with others who have said the rider looks too much like the horse. Maybe if you added a different color to his scheme, like red, white, or yellow, we'd be able to tell where the horse stops and the rider begins.

But that's my only issue with this whatsoever.How long did it talk you to make this?

Took me around 4 hours to make. The rider was just a tablescrap that took me 15-20 minutes to whip up. I will be revamping the whole thing soon though, so make sure you stay tuned to my topics :PAnd if you want I could post instructions for the head.:tohu:

Edited by DARKSIDERZ