Bionicle On Stage

MayFall

Well, I'd like to be practical and point out that setting the BIONICLE mythos on stage--especially as a musical--wouldn't fit with our expectations of how any production; also, BIONICLE's target audience of young boys would generally dislike. That the play would have to change too much to fit the constraints of live acting--that it would end up as something different. And that it only worked for Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark because the audience for Spider-Man is huge and various and because Bono worked on it. I'd like to say that we don't really need BIONICLE to be in every medium you can think of off the top of your head. However, the very concept of watching a cheesy musical or even just ordinary play trying to be BIONICLE nearly makes me giddy, as so many others seem to have also expressed. Also, the rock opera idea is quite possibly the coolest and funniest thing I have heard in weeks. ~ BioGio EDIT: Formatting.

Edited by BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

1286643394444.jpg Wait...what? No, no I don't think that would work very well at all. One of the main causes of Bionicle's character development IS the battle scenes. How would Tahu never begin to respect Gali if he hadn't gotten poisoned and saved by her? How could Vakama have finally learnt to stop whining for five seconds and be a man, without facing Teridax. Musicals and Bionicle are just two different things that don't work without each other, especially as you can't have the varied and inticate environments Bionicle has. (You try getting six different elemental zones on stage, in budget, with a swift and easy transition. I dare you.)

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

If this came out as anything like A Very Potter Musical... then I'm behind this idea all the way. Because AVPM is just that awesome, and something like that involving BIONICLE... ...would be utterly hilarious XD

THISI've never seen AVPM, just hearing random bits of it as my sister watched it, but I approve. Also, to contribute, if the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles got a big, cheesier than pizza concert tour back in their days, then two disastrous VHS videos by pretty much the same people, then why not the same for BIONICLE? Knowing the tour the Turtles got, I'd probably back away from the BIONICLE Musical slowly as it began production, except if it employed that AVPM idea that Darth Jaller mentioned. Edited by Valyou

Please enjoy a series of on signals and off signals sent from a far off computer to yours, forming short messages that may disturb and amuse!

It's a nice idea, but I doubt it would ever be realized. First off, there isn't much story outside of the battle scenes, and plus, the costumes would be downright impossible. Not to mention the sets or the props. On the other hand, in my opinion, it would be really awesome to see just because it would most likely turn out really corny. :P Especially if it's the storyline of one of the lesser years like 2005 or something. -CM

Guys. It might seriously work. Have you guys ever seen Hetalia? Some characters, like Germany or England, are very unlikely to burst randomly into song. However, they both have Character CDs. And are pretty good singers. Scratch that. The Seiyuu for Igirisu is amazing. And if you've ever seen the MMD for Hetalia Love and Joy, serious characters look amazing while singing and dancing. And it wouldn't have to be cheesy. It could be like Russia's Winter. That is an amazing character song, and it's all off-tempo and rather creepy. And I for one can imagine Lewa singing America's version of Stargazer to Onua. Thank you for putting up with my Hetalia-inspired rant. Now, I'm off to make a Character CD for Fem!Vakama and Nokama.

• Upvote 1

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause