Cradle Of Civilization

Lara White

Tesara- Almost being run over IC: Angen looked over at the Toa who had almost run him over with a slightly bemused look on his face."Either we are under attack or you tripped, judging from the mask on your face I'd say the latter. So what are you doing here, military, new worker?"

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC (Forest of Tesera -- Ruins of Tesera):BLAM -- a sudden spinning of the world, touchdown, and a blanket of silence.Ena was on her back, looking up at a strange Toa lying atop her, and a touch of claustrophobia came over her. With the phobia came a sudden tingling, like her body was going numb, running counter to her urge to shove the male Toa off her as roughly as possible.She didn't get the change. The Toa rolled off her, coming to a stop a meter away and groaning. He half-rolled over toward the Toa of Lightning and lifted himself up a bit. "Are you okay?" he asked, squinting in Ena's general direction.The urge to shove him had subsided. Feeling rather bashful now at having met another Toa so... oddly, she sat up with an apologetic smile and said, "Er, hi. No, s'okay, I'm" -- she hunted vaguely for the right words, decided "phisically attacked by a strange male Toa" was too blunt -- "I'm fine." Slowly, unsteadily, she pushed her upper body upright so she was kneeling rather than lying; it made a big difference when introducing yourself. Flashing a glare toward Haradyl and the Matoran that said Don't tease, she asked of the stranger, "Who're you?"

Edited by Legolover-361

Tesara IC: Angen raised his hands slightly in response to the look. The Toa had turned away though, so he didn't think she saw him do that.Rather then ask the question again, Angen stayed quiet and let them talk. He would find out the answer if he listned to the conversation.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Syryn Syryn looked over Jeren's shoulder, only to see empty air. Strange, he had been sure he had seen someone there. He turned to Jeren, 'Hello there, name's Syryn,' holding out his hand. IC: Arack Arack shook his head, feeling as if something had just happened. Who knew? He looked back at Doriana, 'If you wanted to travel with me, feel free.' She gave him a look that distinctly said, 'No.' He shrugged and started running, 'If you're ever in Tesara...' She stood up screaming into the wind, 'You di'kut! You can't go there!' OOC: Give it a post or two. Arack will be back. -Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Khede was relieved to discover that the Toa of Lightning was relatively unharmed, although she didn't seem particularly pleased about it. Embarrassed that they had to meet this way, Khede was strangely reassured by the Toa's stuttered response. There was something he detected in her voice that intrigued him; perhaps friendliness, or shyness? "Oh, that's good to hear..." He shot her a quick smile while she was readjusting her posture- momentarily glad that she hadn't noticed- and turning to the silver Matoran, he replied, "A little bit of both. I was fighting in the makeshift infantry after I left a new settlement around here, and woke up a couple mios over in the desert with a nasty headache..." Khede stood up, brushing himself off, and turned slightly to face the kneeling Toa again. "Who're you?" "Oh, sorry- I'm Khede," replied the Toa of Stone, easing in a smile. Awkwardly, he offered the female Toa his hand so that he might help her up, adding, "Pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Edited by The Darkest Hunter

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

IC (Forest of Tesera -- Ruins of Tesera):The Toa -- Khede -- extended a hand to Ena. She glanced at it warily out of habit; moved her gaze to the Toa's honest eyes; looked back down and took the hand, even though she could've gotten up by herself. She just wanted to seem... polite; at least, that was what she told herself.Khede helped her up, and then, a little awkwardly, he let go of her arm and she took a step back. Only a second later did she wonder if that seemed impolite, but Karzahni, she didn't want to be near anyone."Pleasure," she repeated robotically, and blinked to clear her head. "I'm... Ena."You have a Kualsi. You could use it right now.Shut up, she told the voice in her head, then glanced to Khede. "We're going to the Matoran fortifications here. I'm trying to reconstruct my bow" -- Ena held up the broken branch; it couldn't be called a bow yet, but hopefully that would change -- "and we think we could find a string back at camp." She hesitated. "Want to come?"

IC: SyrynSyryn shrugged, honestly clueless as to this situation.He coughed and said, 'So, where were you headed next?'IC: ArackArack tripped and landed hard on the ground in front of Jeren. He looked up and smiled nervously. 'Heh, sorry about that. Thought I saw something suspicious on the outskirts. Turned out to be nothing, but who knows.' OOC: Whoa, that was the weirdest posting I have ever done. Sorry about that, I just had clear up some storyline issues, but it should be all sorted out now. I promise my posts will be better from now on. -Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: I didn't notice any problems with your posting. IC Jeren - Ruins of Tesara - Talking to Arack and Syryn: "Nowhere, really. I don't have any friends in this world that still live, so there is little reason to leave here," he said to Syryn. He took a cautious step back as Arack tripped and landed on the ground in front of him, "Yes, it is better to know for sure," he said, helping the Glatorian up off the ground. OOC: I've just fallen majorly in love with BZPower. It auto-friggin'-saves your posts now. :'D -Jeren

IC: The Toa of Iron sat down for a moment's rest, gazing up at the clouds and peaceful blue skies. He liked the calming feel of it, the natural serenity of the forest. WHAM Of course, that kind of peace never lasts long. Haradyl glanced over at the two, out of the corner of his eyes, and was unable to resist the cracking of a small smile on his face and a low chuckle from his voice. Strange way to meet someone. Strange way to respond, too. He caught the look sent his way, and the grin spread wider. Somebody's embarrassed. Heh, you can't hide it from anyone, Ena. He rose, opting to spare them of the akwardness that plagued their situation, and made his presence known once more. "Where's this camp supposed to be, anyway?" he asked as he approached, rough voice clear even from across the other side of the area.

helo frens

Tesara IC: "The camp is over that way." Angen said gesturing at the faint path that led away from the clearing they were in. "If you want you could help me with my log. I'm trying out an idea for a new crossbow and I need somebody to test it when it's done."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Khede looked over the path that Angen pointed out, and considered Ena's proposal. "Sure thing," he said, trying his best not to make too much eye contact, and turned toward the approaching gray and orange Toa. He recognized him as a Toa of Iron, and nodding towards him, suggested to Angen, "Perhaps he can help you." They all began slowly moving along the path when the new Toa caught up to them. Edited by The Darkest Hunter

IC: Angelus The Toa of Fire was right behind them. He had been out patrolling the perimeter while playing with his bow when he saw Khede, whom he had recognized as a Toa he had saved last night. "Oi! You!" -Spawn

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Angelus Angelus grinned and struck up three flaming arrows with a snap of his finger, watching with a grin as they snapped up into three of the lighstones. He fired them off into the air, watching as they soared through the air at high velocity before they slammed into the ground. "What's a bow without the cool factor?" -Spawn

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Hearing his name, Khede excused himself from the group. Seeing the new Toa approaching, he stood up straight."Angelus! I owe you for saving my life back there- how did it end?" The makeshift soldier was eager to hear what had resulted from the battle.

IC: Angelus Angelus grinned at the awestruck look on Haradyl's face and then turned to Khede. "We won," he said, a more serious expression hitting his face as he remembered the chaos of the previous night, "ended up breaking through the defenses and forced the Glatorian into a surrender." Then the grin returned. "But we made it. We're alive." -Spawn

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Forest of Tesera -- Ruins of Tesera):Ena had been listening off to the side. She wasn't sure about this newcomer. Not that he seemed rude, just... loud. Too loud for Ena, at any rate.She grimaced. Was she turning into a Toa of Sonics?Her feet seemed rooted to the ground. Gritting her teeth, she forced her right foot to move in a painful step. Then another... then another... and then she was with the other Toa, her right hand wrapped around her upper left arm in discomfort. "So the Glatorian... you think they'll attack again soon?"

IC: Angelus All of a sudden, the Toa slowed down, as if he could sense the pain he was putting the Toa of Lightning through. He held up his hands in a placating gesture. "My bad. Anyway...no. I was at Tajun and Vulcanus the day before yesterday, fighting in Tesara all last night, and I still haven't seen any sign of Glatorian encampment north of Atero." -Spawn

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: "Wait, there was a battle around here?" Haradyl asked, head tilting in confusion. If there was, you'd think I'd have noticed something. I can't have been that far away... He glanced over to Ena, who seemed to be extremely uncomfortable about something. "You okay?" he asked, injecting a note of concern in his voice.

helo frens

IC (Forest of Tesera -- Ruins of Tesera):Ena glared at Haradyl. "I'm fine, okay?" she snapped.And instantly regretted it. Now she probably seemed bipolar to everyone else. "Sorry," she muttered. "I just -- I'm fine." Abruptly she turned. "Let's get to the encampment; I want to see if there's any metal string there."

IC: Angelus Looking up, Angelus examined the string on his bow. Kite twine. "I used kite twine," said Angelus, "it won't break the bow like metal will, and metal doesn't really have much elasticity anyway." He began ruffling through the pockets of his skinny jeans. Most other Toa didn't wear them, but they tended not to get in Angelus's way like most other clothes. "I should have some extra..." -Spawn

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Tesara IC: "Well, I'm going on ahead to start on my project." Called Angen from down the path, hauling his log behind him. "Call on me in a few hours if you want a test run. I've got a neat idea for a crossbow that you may find interesting.With that, he alked down the path back to the Matoran encampment.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Contented with the good news, Khede backed up a bit to give the others some room to talk. Around them, the light softly flickered through the trees. It was still midday, and the warm jungle air put Khede in a good humor. Hands behind his back, he began slowly rocking back and forth, shifting his balance from his toes to his heels and back again. It was a nervous habit he developed some time ago- and it was suddenly interrupted when his full focus was seized by Ena's rather loud remark. A quizzical expression grew over the black and brown Toa's face as he watched her quickly regain posture and snap back into the conversation. He had known her for a handful of minutes at the most, and already she had displayed so many different slivers of the emotional spectrum. There's more to her than I would have guessed, thought Khede. He didn't understand why she stood out the way she did, or why she attracted all his attention-- Haradyl and Angelus were plenty colorful themselves-- but he didn't really mind. "Interesting attire," Khede remarked to Angelus as he strolled back into the circle of Toa, stopping to Ena's right.

Edited by The Darkest Hunter

IC: (Arvun/Tesara) Arvun was in a paticularly bad mood today. HIs squad was confined in their tents, down with a cold. And he was alone to wander the camp. And it was boring. He had nothing to do, nothing to order, and no battles to guide. He began to wonder whether he was getting too old for this thing. OOC: Open for interaction

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Tesara- Matoran CampIC: Angen walked though the doorway of the hut he called home. He set the log down on a bench and began to carve it into several pieces, after which he set one of them into a bowl and began to carve another one into a couple of wheels and similar things. Another one was turned into something resembling a rifle stock.The wood in the bowl would take a while to take on the correct attributes, so Angen went on a hunt for something to make into a bowstring.He left the camp and set out into the jungle, searching here and there for a plant or something, after a while he came across a clump of flax plants. Taking the sharp stone that he had used to carve the wood with, he cut the stalks near the ground and put them into his pouch.On his way back to the camp, he set several traps and snares to catch small animals.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: "Yeah, that makes sense, but couldn't it also help break up your outline? You'd think it would, especially at night." Haradyl said, joining in the conversation.All this talk of battles, tactics, strategies, and the like was really reminding him of how he needed a weapon. What I would give for a good sword...

helo frens

IC: AngelusAngelus shrugged."My armor's black," he said, "so blending in isn't a problem. I'd be more worried about clothing snagging on a surrounding object. An immobile sniper is a dead sniper."Then, he noticed a glint on the ground and moved to pick it up. It was a kukri, probably of Agori design, and a beautiful weapon; the handle was wrapped in gilded leather that topped off with a pearl at the very end of the weapon, and the leather wrapped itself around Angelus's hand as he gripped it. The handle was about a foot and a half long of fine Protosteel, and it was coated in a thin layer of Exidian.He put the weapon in a sheath around his thigh and tossed the sword on his back over to Haradyl.-Spawn

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: His eyes widened ever so slightly.HOLY KARZ TELEPATH SPOTTED."Wow, thanks." Haradyl said a little numbly, drawing the blade from it's scabbard and giving a few experimental swings.Balanced perfectly, it was, the sword literally felt like an extension of his arm.As he acclimated to the weapon, the Toa of iron's face steadily lit up in excitement and joy.Fweeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

helo frens

IC Jeren - Ruins of Tesara - Talking to Arack: Jeren snapped back into reality, shaking his head back and forth, and placing both of his hands on his head, "I suppose I am still in shock," he said, his eyes locking onto a group of Toa, one of which seemed excited for some reason. "Do you know who they are?" he asked, pointing over at Angelus and Haradyl, staring at the two from however far away he was.-Jeren

Tesara- Matoran CampIC: When Angen got back to camp, he went over to a group of Matoran of Plantlife and Water. After a few minuets of talking to the leaders of the group, he handed the flax over to them.After that, he went back to his hut and took the piece of wood out of the plant mixture. Since it was finnaly ready, he started slotting together the pieces, using glue that had been boiling next to the wood and plant bowl.Now all the he needed was for the Ga-matoran to finish the flax string that he had asked of them.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1