Cradle Of Civilization

Lara White

IC (Forest of Tesera -- Ruins of Tesera, Matoran Fortifications):Arvina watched with raised eyebrows as Ena came to camp... with friends, no less.That, if nothing else, surprised the Matoran of Sonics. Ena wasn't what one would consider sociable; in fact, her insomnia often drove her to overreacting under stress, and for her "stress" could mean "being around other beings".The Toa of Lightning was off to the side. Her eyes kept darting to a trio of Toa walking alongside her. A second later Arvina pinpointed the target of Ena's gaze: a Toa of Stone.She grinned, a very un-Matoran-esque grin. It was more like... like a Vortixx's.Arvina stood up, and Ena's glancing stopped. Her gaze radiated pure annoyance.Arvina didn't particularly care; as a saleswoman, she had needed to endure such stares on a regular basis. Just one more didn't matter."Greetings," said the Matoran of Sonics. She glanced at the Toa of Stone -- in her peripheral vision she could see Ena's eyes widen just a tad -- and said, "Well, I haven't seen you before. You new?""Yes," Ena interjected. She actually stepped closer to the Toa; not close as in arms' length, but nevertheless relatively closer. It was a surprising turn of events. "He's Khede. He... ran into me."And that explained Ena's shyness. Not only that, Khede wore a Kakama; his speed must have made for an interesting landing.Arvina nodded, a slightly mischievous grin spreading beneath her Noble Miru. "I'm sure you'll get along well."Ena's eyes had narrowed this time. Arvina loved getting on her nerves.OOC: It's official: Arvina is awesome. :P

IC Jeren - Ruins of Tesara - Talking to Arack: "I suppose so," he said, walking over to the two Toa (and whoever else was standing around them at the time), and finding a point of interest to address. He noticed the bow one of the Toa carried, and pointed to it, "Interesting bow you have there," he said to the Toa; he then realized that he had no weapons to speak of (ooc: or does he?), he needed to get some if he wanted to survive the new world.-Jeren

IC (Forest of Tesera -- Ruins of Tesera, Matoran fortifications):And speaking of weapons-- "Erm, Angelus, if that's your name," said Ena, "do you have any kite twine left over for my bow?" She hefted her bow... on second thought, 'twas more of a broken branch that happened to resemble a bow. But it was makeshift, and she, a not very technologically-inclined person, had made it; surely it would do.The Toa of Lightning temporarily passed over the fact that she had nothing to shoot. Just having the bow would be comfort enough at the moment.

IC: Khede was taken aback by the progress in the Matoran settlement- they had accomplished quite a bit. So distracted was he that he didn't notice the Matoran of Sonics approach them, until she was already addressing him. Before he could react however, Ena had already stepped in and answered for him."Yes... He's Khede. He... ran into me."The Toa of Stone silently groaned at the introduction. Obviously the two were already acquainted- perhaps friends, even- And by the look on the Matoran's face, she had probably already figured out their little inside joke.If this keeps up, I'm gonna have quite a reputation, thought Khede."I'm sure you'll get along well," came the reply from the Matoran. Khede noticed Ena suddenly get tense as she shot her an annoyed look. Khede decided that it would be best to say their farewells at this point, to avoid any further unpleasantness, and the two returned to their traveling companions. Khede chuckled to himself and shook his head, amused. I wonder what she meant by that? ~ ~ ~It appeared that yet more Toa had joined the crowd. Khede was eager to get to work helping around and, quite frankly, felt he made enough introductions for one day. He detested having to leave the Toa of Lightning, however. Her relaxed, quiet demeanor was a much needed contrast to the brash and busy atmosphere- not to mention the loud, confident ramblings coming from the others. He approached Ena and put one hand on her shoulder, careful not to startle her nor distract her from her conversation, and quietly informed her that he would be elsewhere.He put on a warm smile and lightly squeezed her shoulder as a parting gesture- he didn't have enough time to stutter a 'goodbye'- and briskly departed, hoping that nobody paid any attention and that it wasn't as strange as he feared. He wasn't quite sure where to go, and so he broke into a light jog around the site to see if there was any work he could assist in.

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

• 2 weeks later...

IC: AngelusAngelus sighed. "That's how I was, too, but this carkin' army conscripted everyone from Vulcanus down to fight last night. It was almost impossible not to get caught in the battle."

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:Angelus looked around the war-torn settlement."That would probably be best. We can't do much rebuilding if there's a lack of resources around."He caught sight of an abandoned glider and suddenly got an idea...

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Krakhaan - Ruins of TajunKrakhaan marched solemnly, checking the battered streets for anything of value. To be honest, it was pretty dismal. Kakama had managed to find some wood, and he had found a lightstone, but nothing in the way of food. He could practically feel his troop's moral slipping away.'Alright team. Gather up as much water as you can, and we'll try to find some shelter. Tomorrow, we're setting out across the Dunes of Treason into Tesara. Got that?'He got a few nods of approval, but the overall spirit was pretty down in the dump. Krakhaan sighed and picked up a a long jagged piece of metal, that could've been a sword. This was going to be a long week.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Falin(?) - Ruins of Iconox - Talking to Rix: The Agori caught sight of a being nearby, and spoke to him, "Yep, nothing but black, burnt building," he said, walking over and picking up a short sword and shield that were in fairly good condition. "I'm Falin," the Agori said, walking over to where Rix was. OOC: Iconox is Agori/Glatorian, right? :P -Falin

IC Falin - Ruins of Iconox - Talking to Rix: Falin wasn't so sure why Rix wouldn't be sure of his own name, but nukes could do some pretty weird stuff to your mind, the same went for traumatic events. "Pretty desolate, isn't it? I haven't seen to many other people around here, have you?" the Agori asked, glancing around the icy area. He thought it funny, how this place had been nuked and bombed to death, but there was still snow falling... apparently nature wasn't having it. -Falin

IC Falin - Ruins of Iconox - Talking to Rix: "Not after the bombing, but the Agori vault is around here somewhere, there should be people all around," Falin said, finding a sheath for his newly found sword. He dusted said sheath off, and strapped it to himself, sheathing his sword and turning to face Rix. "Let's find some shelter, and maybe some stuff to make a fire out of; I'm freezing," the Agori said, walking around the ruins, examining them to find a good place to take shelter in. -Falin

IC Falin - Ruins of Iconox - Talking to Rix: Falin shook his head, "I never hated the Matoran or Toa, my life was all about Atero. And besides, shouldn't we survivors be trying to, you know, survive? I'd rather not kill or be killed by the only other person in Iconox," he said, not really sure if they were the only ones in the ruined city or not. "Hey, what element are you? Fire would definitely come in handy right now," the Agori said, looking around the ruins further. He came across a semi-standing building; it seemed to have a good enough roof on it, but the walls were riddled with holes the size of himself. Sadly, it was the best thing he could find, everything else was on the ground in pieces. "In here, it's the best shelter we have that's in one piece," he said to Rix, calling the Toa over to the small building. OOC: Oh Skar, you and your ideas of cooperation. --IC Jeren - Ruins of Tesara - Talking: Jeren had gathered some wood; even though it was black and destroyed, he could still use it to create a fire. He aimed his hand at the pile of burnt wood, and sent out a jet of flame to ignite it once again. In moments, a decently sized fire burned before the group. "Night is upon us, and fire is of the essence," he said, standing next to the fire and warming his hands.-Jeren

IC Falin - Ruins of Iconox - Talking to Rix: Falin chuckled at the Toa's joke, and walked into the shelter, looking around inside to make sure it was stable. Thankfully, it was; even though the outside looked terrible, the inside was better... to a degree. "Well, it's the best we have right now, and I would guess that the Rahi that were once in this area are all dead or gone," he said, finding some old rags in the corner of the building, which was enough to sleep on. -Falin

IC Falin - Ruins of Iconox - Talking to Rix: Falin sighed when he saw the contents of the bag, "Oh well. I wouldn't say all the Rahi in the world are gone, there are still some running around here and there. Maybe tomorrow we can go hunt for some," he suggested, taking a seat in the corner, and tossing Rix a few old rags to sleep on. -Falin

IC Falin - Ruins of Iconox - Talking to Rix: "I know as much as you do, I haven't been outside of Iconox since before I entered the vault, so the rest of the world is unknown to me," he said, trying to theorize what cities could have life in them. "Aha! There was a vault in Tesara, there has to be people there," he said, standing up and walking outside of the structure. "It's bright enough outside, if we hurry, we can reach Tesara before nightfall," he said. OOC: Looks like we're the only two people posting. ._. -Falin

IC: Arack LekrithArack bent down, digging up a battered and rusty shield from the roots of a tree. He picked it up, weighing it in his hands. It fit surprisingly well.He turned to Angelus, 'So, you were in the battle here? What happened?'The Glatorian shed his cloak, tying it around his waist as a skirt.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Falin - Leaving Iconox - Heading to Tesara: "I used to travel a bit, from Atero to Tesara to here, mostly. Thankfully I was here when they sounded the alarms, and I was able to get into the vault before the bombs dropped," he said, walking out of the city of Iconox, and out into the cold and frozen wilderness that surrounded it. -Falin

IC Falin - White Quartz Mountains - Heading for Tesara: "I know of a mountain pass that leads directly to the open desert of Tesara, if we take it, we shouldn't have any trouble getting to Tesara swiftly, and without running into any kinds of enemies along the way," he said. "The pass is just a mile up ahead, it's impossible to miss." -Falin