Sword Art Online

Basically, the world first ever Virtual Reality MMORPG comes out, and it's called Sword Art Online, or SAO for short. However, at the end of the launch day, the GM delivers a surprise message.

-There is no longer Any Log Out

-Death in the Game kills you in real life

-Anyone who's headset is removed dies

-The only way to leave is to clear the 100 floor tower of Aincrad, which will release all living players back into the real world.

It takes them 2 years and 1 month to clear the game, and the show is about what happens to the people inside the game, and the second season is about what happens to them after. It's a really good show IMO.

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

I really enjoyed SAO, despite being pretty skeptical of it going in.The first half of the season was definitely a lot better, in my opinion. I didn't like the fairies, and was especially turned off by the romance subplot between Kirito and his sister... Oh, and because Yui was everywhere. I just hate her character for some reason.Not sure I want the show to pick up more episodes, though. The light novels do go a lot longer, but it seemed like a good resolution. And to just dive back into the VR MMORPGs so readily after being imprisoned in them? Eh, not a fan of that move in concept.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Sword Art Online was pretty fun to watch, but I feel like it took a while to get its act together. A reasonable part of the Aincrad arc was made up of jumping from one isolated incident to the next, sometimes within the same episode, and I thought it felt a little disjointed. As a result of that, I enjoyed the Alfheim arc since it's a straight shot through the story. It also bugs me that Asuna is seriously downgraded; I haven't read the novels, so I don't know if this is addressed, but I dearly hope it is.