Bulkor

imgp1857.jpg

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8]

Yes, the name Bulkor is kind of cheesy, it was the first thing I came up with. Bulkor was a Toa who was fused with an Exo Toa suit, and became Nuva in a single energized protodermis event. As a result, he is heavily armoured, large and his Pakari Nuva makes him extremely strong. Unfortunately the Exo-suit presence means a loss of his elemental powers. The original inspiration was Iron man for this, but it soon became clear what I was building was bigger and bulkier, so I figured hulk like powers would suit him more. You can probably see the Iron man stuff going on in the lower legs, although my photography seems even worse than usual today, so I might try and get some more pictures at some point.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Awesome. The torso shaping is nice, as is the rest of the build.

One minor nitpicky thing: the knees. There's a little gap there which, although it really isn't a huge problem, is nagging me, for some reason. It looks like a silver V piece (or Throwbot foot, whatever you want to call it) would fit quite nicely in the gap there without restricting movement too much. ;)

I personally don't think he's large enough to warrant the Exo-Toa fusion in the backstory, though maybe that's just because I build Toa (and most things, really) at a larger scale than normal... :lol:

Overall, nice MOC, Taips.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Awesome. The torso shaping is nice, as is the rest of the build.

One minor nitpicky thing: the knees. There's a little gap there which, although it really isn't a huge problem, is nagging me, for some reason. It looks like a silver V piece (or Throwbot foot, whatever you want to call it) would fit quite nicely in the gap there without restricting movement too much. ;)

I personally don't think he's large enough to warrant the Exo-Toa fusion in the backstory, though maybe that's just because I build Toa (and most things, really) at a larger scale than normal... :lol:

Overall, nice MOC, Taips.

Cheers Chro, the gap in the knees is an interesting point. It's the usual matter of posability versus aesthetics, and your idea of putting a slizer foot there does fill the hole, but the posability is perhaps more compromised than you think. When the legs are straight its all fine, but the egg shaped pieces either side of the knee force the slizer foot off if you bend the knee past a certain point. Of course, I might have misinterpreted where you want this slizer foot to go, but no matter. I'm upgrading the whole MOC, as there's just a lot of stuff I'm not actually that happy with. I've already redone the torso to make the lower part slightly wider, the whole thing more stable (Don't know if you can tell but there's a central connection point in the torso where it is just connected by one axle, it's really not stable). As for the knees, I'm going to change them to get rid of the egg pieces, so the slizer feet may be on the upgrade.

As for the Exo-Toa back story, it just seemed convenient to me. He was bigger, I wanted him to be strong but no elemental powers, so it all kind of fitted in. I don't own an Exo-toa set, but I'd say this thing is bigger probably. Obviously all your stuff is scaled up a bit, but that works as well. I'd like to see you make an Exo-toa for one of your own Toa though. :P

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Ohoho, an Exo-Toa? Is this a challenge? :lol:

Just kidding. Good idea, I might do that. I've gotten a lot of suggestions recently, and for some reason felt a lot more open to them than usual, so I may try a few soon... ;)

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Ohoho, an Exo-Toa? Is this a challenge? :lol:

Just kidding. Good idea, I might do that. I've gotten a lot of suggestions recently, and for some reason felt a lot more open to them than usual, so I may try a few soon... ;)

I've found it surprisingly challenging. This MOC actually started out as an attempt to make an Exo-matoran/Boxor thing, for the matoran seen in some of the pictures above. But I was trying to make something where the matoran was completely enclosed by the suit except for the head, and it looked silly. I've got pictures of that, I might post them at some point.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles