I M P O R T A N T I N F O R M A T I O N
THIS ENTRY IS IMPORTANT
BricksCascade is the first weekend in June, and Brickfair the first weekend in August.
I am the coordinator for both, as we've previously established.
And, as also previously established, if you send me MOCs for BricksCascade, you will not only be eligible for one of our FOUR BIONICLE trophies (hand-made and designed by yours truly), but I can also take them to appear at Brickfair as well, for NO ADDITIONAL COST. Yes, this would mean I'd have your MOCs for probably a good three months. But they would appear at two conventions, on both coasts, and be a part of one of the best LEGO experiences ever. BricksCascade guys don't think we can do a good display there, as they say BrickCon has a lackluster display, and they think for a new convention, Cascade will have even less (and they have a point on the second part, last year I was the BIONICLE display at Fiesta). So I want to prove them wrong, and I NEED YOUR HELP TO DO SO.
At the end of this entry is the address to mail MOCs you'd like to have appear at Cascade or Cascade and Fair. (If you only want to do Fair, then firstly, boo on you, and secondly, that address might be different).
For all packages of MOCs sent into BricksCascade, you will receive:
- A prototype piece
- A note of gratitude from me IN MY OWN HANDWRITING! OMG!
- A chance to win a trophy I built (and you have a good chance, because though I will have a large display of my own, I am recusing myself from being nominated)
- Your MOCs professionally photographed by Nukaya and I
- A wider scope of recognition
- Did I mention prototype parts? (And MOCs sent to both might get extra, but shhhh)
- Love and adoration
Also, because I want you guys to know what you'd be in the running for, this is the trophy list for the BIONICLE section at BricksCascade:
- Best Overall BIONICLE MOC- For the best overall BIONICLE MOC. This is going to be the one that is the most visually impressive.
- Best Toa "Moderator"- For the best of the large and always-existent simple Toa/Hero Factory MOCs. And yes, the trophy will say "Moderator", not the shortened version of "Modification".
- Best Rahi- For the best non-humanoid MOC
- Best Use of Pieces- For the MOC that has the most innovative use of parts or techniques
I tried to pick a balance of trophies, so they don't all favour one particular group of people. I know several of you expressed interest in sending in basic ToaMods and the like, and I wanted to make sure you were included.
ANYWAY, here's the straight shipping info, yo:
- ALL MOCS MUST HAVE RETURN PAYMENTS ENCLOSED. Failure to pay for a return shipment might mean you don't get your stuff back anytime soon. I will do my best to make reasonable attempts to get you your stuff back. I have a lot of parts, I don't need yours.
- RETURN PAYMENT WILL BE ACCEPTED VIA PAYPAL IF NECESSARY. This is especially important for those of you in different countries debating sending me stuff. This will be a lot easier than sending cash through customs.
- MOCS MUST ARRIVE THE LAST WEEKEND OF MAY
- PLEASE INCLUDE PHOTOS OF THE MOCS. Things break during shipping, I need to put them back together the way they are intended to be seen, not just a reasonable approximation.
- SHIP MOCS TO:
c/o Ronnda Stapleton
230 NE 99th Ave
Portland, OR 97220-4414
- BROWNIE POINTS TO ANYONE WHO ADDRESSES THEIR PACKAGE TO NUKAYA'S PET CAT, HOBBES. BUT NOT BANDIT. SHE'S DUMB. OR TO THOSE WHO WRITE NUKAYA'S MOM A GOOFY NOTE ON THE PACKAGE OR DRAW HER SOMETHING APPROPRIATE AND FUNNY.
If you need any more information, do not hesitate to contact me, here in this entry, or by PM.
There will be a news story within the next week on the front page as well.