The Lorax

Gameplay TopicDiscussion TopicProfile Topic

"In the months since Turaga Dume had refused the Dark Hunters a base on Metru Nui, countless Toa had fallen. Most were struck down from the shadows, never knowing their enemy was there. Oh, there had been some victories — Nidhiki had routed more than his share of the enemy, and Lhikan was worth six Toa in battle — but they all knew the numbers were against them. It was only a matter of time."—Birth of a Dark Hunter

city_of_legends.png

The year is 2,000 BGC. The Dark Hunters are at war in Metru Nui, locked in conflict with an army of Toa who answered a call to defend the City of Legends. They are led by the famous Toa of fire, Lhikan, but even with his leadership and prowess in battle, things do not look good for the heroes.

Little over a month ago, an army of Dark Hunters set upon Metru Nui, sewing death and destruction. Nobody was prepared for their sudden attack, and the Vahki, along with the ten remaining Toa Mangai (Tuyet’s betrayal had come 500 years earlier) found that it was all they could do to fall back and barricade themselves inside the Coliseum, protecting their leader, Turaga Dume, from assassination. Outside, Matoran workers hid in their homes, praying to the Great Spirit that the Hunters would pass them by. Some had their prayers answered, but many did not.

Trapped and outnumbered more than a dozen to one, the Toa sent for help. Toa Naho snuck out of the city by night, swam south to other lands and began the greatest recruitment of Toa that the Matoran Universe had ever seen. In a mere three days, a hundred Toa had been gathered from all across the universe to go to Metru Nui’s aid. The message spread fast by kakama, kadin or kualsi, while the answer returned just as swiftly, borne on elemental strength.

The army broke on the south coast of Le-Metru more powerfully than any storm, and the Dark Hunters, as unprepared as the Toa had been, were driven back and scattered. The Coliseum was freed along with the many Matoran who had been taken inside, as were many other parts of the city. The Dark Hunters soon rallied, however, and dug in at their strongholds. The storm of elements abated there, and, when it did, the mercenaries still survived.

Metru Nui has been in a state of civil war ever since, with both sides fighting back and forth. The Toa are strong protectors, and are aided by the Matoran and Vahki however possible, but the Dark Hunters found themselves equal to the pressure. They strike from the shadows, assassinating Toa before fading away as quickly as they appeared. Without giving the Toa a target to fight back against, they are slowly taking more and more ground as the defenders dwindle away. That was, until…

The Coliseum...

Turaga Dume listened to the latest report from a haggard-looking Toa of stone. He had been out all night, using his powers to detect the Dark Hunters’ attempts to tunnel underneath the Coliseum, and doing what he could to thwart them. The news wasn’t good, but he couldn’t let that disappointment show on his mask. This Toa needed something different.

“Thank you, Toa Naki” he told the Toa. “You have done admirably, and Metru Nui owes you our thanks. You may go”. He shook the Toa's hand, and he left, leaving Dume alone in his office.

The Turaga of Metru Nui looked back down to his desk, and noted down the new information. He would have to send more Toa to Ta-Metru, but that could mean leaving Le-Metru vulnerable. It would be a long night for him, but such decisions had to be made. At least he was alone now, and could work in peace without more appointments.

He worked steadily for another half hour before there was another knock at his door. Dume jumped up, startled, and put a hand on his disk launcher, before remembering the seven Toa standing guard outside, and that Dark Hunters would not bother to knock. “Turaga, may I see you?” Lhikan’s voice called.

“Certainly, commander” he replied. From his records, he knew that Lhikan was supposed to be off duty, getting some much-needed rest. He wasn’t surprised though – the Toa of fire always made time to help others, even when he seemed about to drop from exhaustion.

Lhikan entered the room, bringing with him a nervous-looking Ta-Matoran wearing a kanohi huna. “Turaga, this is Vakama.” Lhikan said. “He is a mask-maker and has lived in this city all his life. Vakama, I’d like you to tell the Turaga what you told me. Don’t be afraid, out leader doesn’t bite.”

“Well” stammered the Matoran, “I was working at my forge, crafting a great mask for our Toa, when I saw the city, all of it. It wasn't a dream, because I was still awake just before I saw it, and then when it was gone I was still standing up.” There was a small look of defiance on his face, wanting to be believed, not dismissed as some cross-wired freak with weird dreams. He knew what he had seen was important, and needed to share this with the Turaga.

“You had a vision, Vakama” Dume said kindly. “Please go on”.

“Well, I saw the city” Vakama said, "but it was in ruins, destroyed.” (Dume’s face turned very grave), “but then it was whole again, and shining. And I saw what did it: six kanoka disks. They sort of shot past me, and then all turned into one, great disk. That was what healed the city”.

“The six great kanoka disks” Dume mused, remembering the legend.

“I though as much” Lhikan interjected. “That was what prompted me to bring Vakama to you.”

“This is a strong boon from the Great Spirit” Dume observed. “Was there anything else, Vakama?”

“Yes, Turaga” Vakama replied. “Just before the vision ended, I saw six Matoran, and their names came to me. Nuhrii, Vhisola, Orkahm, Ehrye, Tehutti and Ahkmou.”

Onu-Metru...

Ancient sat, deep in the archives, a smile on his face. When clearing space for a squad of Hunters to rest, he had happened across a most interesting record. It had been written by none other than Toa Lhikan, before being stored here with other pieces of knowledge concerning past protectors of Metru Nui. He turned the tablet over and reread it from the beginning.

Before my eyes, Tuyet began to rise on a column of water. Higher and higher she climbed, until it seemed like she would be able to touch the stars themselves. And she was laughing, a thunderous, horrible sound that seemed to break my hopes and beliefs like they were fragile things of crystal. I feared for her mind, but more for our city.

"I always knew she looked down on us, but this is ridiculous," said Nidhiki. "Are you up to putting a chill in her plans?"
I didn't answer. Instead, I focused my energy on drawing all the heat out of the column of water on which Tuyet stood. The effects were immediate – water became ice. Before the Toa of Water could respond, Nidhiki had picked up a pole made of solid metallic protodermis and swung it, smashing the pillar of ice to pieces.

Stunned and thrown off-balance, Tuyet dropped the stone. Out of contact with it, her new powers abruptly vanished, and the sudden shock of such a loss stunned her. She fell. The stone fell. I watched them both, wondering which – if either – I should catch. I chose the Toa. Nidhiki was fine with that choice. He positioned himself under the Nui Stone, ready to snatch it out of the air. I caught Tuyet. The Nui Stone came closer, closer and then I made my choice. An object of such power that it could corrupt the hearts of Toa into murderous tyrants should not be saved. I threw out an arm and hurled a blast of fire to knock it out of the air.
"No!" yelled Nidhiki, trying to grab it. But its surface was molten hot and he couldn't touch it for more than second. The stone hit the ground and splintered into a billion pieces, whose red glow flared and then faded for good.

"You --!" raged Nidhiki. "You stupid, moronic -- what's the matter with you?"
I had encircled Tuyet with fiery chains. Although they did not touch her, she could not move without being burned, and they burned so white-hot that any moisture instantly evaporated on contact. With the destruction of the stone, the red glow had faded around her as well.
"Sorry, Nidhiki. My mistake," said Lhikan. "I seem to have made a lot of them lately."

Tuyet would be confined in the Coliseum while Dume and I tried to decide on a fitting punishment. Despite being under guard, she disappeared during the night, never to be seen again. Reports that a large creature had suddenly appeared in her cell and then teleporting out with her were publicly dismissed as, at best, a delusion.

Still, I wonder what became of her. She did not escape alone – of that I am sure. I set the guard myself, and made sure that she was secure. Who wanted to take her, and for what, I do not know, though it sometimes keeps me up at night. Does some unknown force seek the power of the Nui Stone? She was the last one to hold it, and may have knowledge of its workings. I can at least sleep safe in the knowledge that the thing itself is destroyed, shattered into innumerable tiny fragments on the Ga-Metru street. Even those were gone the next morning when I returned to the scene. It had rained that night in Ga-Metru, so I surmise that the fragments were washed into the canals, out into the silver sea and scattered by the tides. The stone is destroyed forever, of that I am sure. It is its last owner whose fate is uncertain. Whoever has her now, I can only hope they are a better judge of character than I, and can see the betrayal before it comes.

Ancient finished reading the tablet and set it aside, thinking hard. He had no direct evidence of the Orders’ involvement, but it just seemed to fit, both with everything he knew of them, what he knew of the stone, and this record from the Toa who had been a first-hand witness, but never realised what had happened. This was a good day for the Dark Hunters, and with this knowledge, they would soon win the war. He would have to see Lariska immediately.

Welcome

This is the point at which you enter the game. You will play as either an inhabitant of Metru Nui, or as a part of the invading army, the Dark Hunters. As you can see, things in this war are a little different from how they were in canon. Ancient, a servant of both the Dark Hunters and the Order of Mata Nui, has made an important discovery in the archives, coming to the same conclusions that I presented in this topic in the Storyline and Theories forum about a year ago. Since this game coincides with a period when the Dark Hunters had the Staff of Artakha, they could recreate the whole Nui Stone from the smallest fragment. To balance things out, the Toa also get a boost, in the form of Vakama’s visions of the Great Disks coming two millennia early. Finding and combining these could allow the creation of the vahi, legendary mask of time.

Let’s see who can solve their mystery first, in a race for power in the City of Legends.

Factions:

Mangai Nui

The Great Protectors are an extension of the Toa Mangai, now including every being in Metru Nui who doesn't want to be ruled by the Dark Hunters. Toa and Vahki make up most of the fighting forces, while many Matoran work tirelessly to keep up the war effort, building fortifications, manufacturing weapons, carrying messages and a myriad of other vital tasks. There are currently fewer Vahki than usual, since their hives were destroyed in the Dark Hunters’ initial assault, but more are currently being produced.

Leader: Turaga Dume

Military Commander: Toa Lhikan

Base of Operations: The Coliseum

At the current time, the Mangai Nui have around 80 Toa, 150 Vahki and 2,000 Matoran.

All members of the Mangai Nui are bound by the Toa Code.

Dark Hunters

This group of rogues needs little descriptions, as they’re much the same bunch they were in canon. This horde of mercenaries has no moral compass and has come to take Metru Nui for The Shadowed One. They come from all over the Matoran Universe (and possibly beyond), united in the name of power and profit. All species are welcomed into the Dark Hunters, so long as they have useful skills. (Hint, hint! Go for some more unusual species when making DH characters.)

Leader: The Shadowed One, though he has chosen to remain on Odina rather than fight in the war himself. In his absence, the Hunters answer to…

Military Commanders: Lariska and Ancient

Base of Operations: The Canyon of Unending Whispers in Po-Metru.

At the current time, the Dark Hunters have around 250 operatives in Metru Nui.

Locations:

metru-nui_map.png

Click for a larger version

NOTE: This map contains an error regarding the location of the Canyon of Unending Whispers. It should be along the Po-Onu border. The Great Temple is also mislabelled: it is not on an island, but the end of the adjacent peninsula.

This game is set in Metru Nui, a city we all know well. Much of it is as we knew it during the 2004 arc, but the war has made some changes, as wars inevitably do.

Po-Metru

Po-Metru has been taken by the Dark Hunters for their own. No Matoran live here anymore. The Hunters’ main camp is set in the Canyon of Unending Whispers, on the border with Onu-Metru. The district’s many canyons, abandoned sculptures and assemblers’ factories all make excellent hiding places for watchful Hunters, so anyone trying to approach the camp would likely by shot a dozen times before they realised there was anyone there.

Most of the carvers and assemblers who lived here have been displaced to Le-Metru.

Onu-Metru

Onu-Metru is also heavily inhabited by Dark Hunters. The maze-like archives are a haven for Hunters slipping through the shadows, and a nightmare for those trying to track them down. The archives also provide the Hunters with knowledge, weapons, dangerous rahi to unleash on the Mangai Nui and tunnels leading all over the city. The Mangai Nui have made some efforts to collapse these, but the sheer number of tunnels and the fact that they undermine most of the city have made this very difficult.

On the surface, the metru is largely abandoned, though any Toa travelling here should keep a careful watch out for snipers and assassins.

Ta-Metru

The steam and smoke of Ta-Metru have grown even thicker since the war began, with every forge and factory running around the clock to bolster the Mangai Nui’s war effort. Masks, weapons, barricades, prison bars, Vahki parts and more are being churned out at a phenomenal rate to keep the Toa supplied. Many Matoran from other metrus now live in this area, working alongside the Ta-Matoran. Those buildings which cannot be productive as factories now house the refugees. Vahki and Toa are thick on the ground, watching over the workers to keep them safe from stealthy Hunters.

Le-Metru

Le-Metru has become much like Ta-Metru, though its factories are of a different kind. Nevertheless, the Matoran here are working just as hard, aided by Po-Matoran assemblers driven out of their own metru. It is here that new Vahki units are assembled. Many airships were produced and fitted with all kinds of weapons, but have stayed on the ground, ineffective against a foe that can’t be found. Other vehicles, however, have proved useful, and so are being churned out of the Moto-Hub at record pace. The chute system is still operational, sending goods, people and messages between the Toas’ strongholds. To prevent interception by the Dark Hunters, squads of Vahki or Toa are now required to accompany every shipment, and emergency shut-off mechanisms are in place, controlled from the main chute-station in Le-Metru.

Ko-Metru

The neighbour of Onu-Metru, Ko-Metru is now mostly abandoned for fear of the Hunters. Only a few knowledge towers near the coliseum are still operating. Scholars and Astrologers are frantically searching the stars for any hints of prophecy about the war’s outcome, but none have been found yet.

Ga-Metru

The city of water is largely abandoned, since defending its large area and few resources would take too many Toa away from other strongholds of the Mangai Nui. Only a small area on the border with Ta-Metru remains inhabited, since it contains protodermis purification facilities. This area has, for all intents and purposes, become a part of Ta-Metru. The rest has been looted by the Hunters, though they too seem disinterested in controlling the territory.

The Coliseum

The centrepiece of Metru Nui was a fortress to hide in for the Toa Mangai when the Dark Hunters first attacked, but now it is a fortress to make its enemies cower. It has been given every protection possible, has a large stockpile of resources and is filled with Toa and Vahki guards right around the clock. As the centre of the Mangai Nui’s operations, it is a busy place, behind the walls. Messengers run about, warriors are in training, supplies are distributed, councils are held and orders given. The place has also become a safe haven for the hundreds of Matoran whose homes were conquered or destroyed by the Dark Hunters. It is connected by secure chutes to key points in Ta-Metru and Le-Metru, while chutes to the other metrus have been cut off.

Characters

Characters in this game can be any being living in Metru Nui. This includes many MU species, especially within the Dark Hunters’ ranks. There are no Makuta (yet ).

To create a character, fill out this character profile and submit it for approval. This layout is only a suggestion, so feel free to change the format if you wish.

Name: Make it BIONICLE-sounding.

Gender: Male, Female, unknown, neither, somewhere in between.

Species: Something from the MU, or create your own custom species.

Faction: Mangai Nui / Dark Hunters / Other?

Element: If applicable to the character’s species.

Kanohi: If applicable to the character’s species. Custom masks are OK if approved by the GM.

Other Powers: If applicable to the character’s species.

Appearance: What do they look like? A MoC, drawing or description will do.
Equipment: What do they have with them?
Biography: About their life.
Personality: What are they like? How do they act?

Skills/Strengths: What are they good at?
Weaknesses: What are they bad at? What hurts them?

Character Limit

There is no limit on how many characters a player may control at a time.

Powers:

As with any RPG, there are some canon powers that cannot be used. These include:

• The legendary masks, for obvious reasons.
  • The olmak, avohkii, krahkan, olisi and mask of elemental energy, all of which are unique. There are none of these masks in existence other than the ones shown in the canon story.
  • The elements of light and shadow (though some light or shadow-based powers may be allowed in custom species).
  • The mohtrek, because insta-armies are annoying.
  • The mask of undeath, because unkillable zombies are no fun.
  • The komau (great mask of bunnying), the sanok (great mask of auto-hitting) and the mask of clairvoyance (great mask of meta-gaming) are all off-limits. While it is possible to use these responsibly in an RPG, I’d rather save everyone the trouble of sorting out how they should and shouldn't be used within good RPing etiquette.
  • The mask of conjuring, because it is ridiculously overpowered.

Canon Characters
Some canon characters are available for use as PCs, both Toa Mangai and Dark Hunters. Players wishing to play as these characters should PM a profile to the GM. If there is competition for a character, the GM will award the character to the player who submitted the profile he liked best. The GM’s decision is final.

The following characters are up for grabs, if anyone wants them.

Mangai Nui:

Nidhiki, Naho, four unknown Toa of ice, three unknown Toa (At least one of the unknown Toa wore a kakama)

Orde, Zaria, Chiara, Lessovik, Takua, Nokama, Matau, Nuju, Whenua, Onewa, Jaller, Hahli, Kongu, Matoro, Nuparu, Hewkii, Kapura, Macku, Tamaru, Kopeke, Taipu, Hafu.

Dark Hunters:

Lariska, Airwatcher, Amphibax, Avak, Charger, Conjurer, Devastator, Eliminator, Gatherer, Gladiator, Guardian, Hakann, Lurker, Krekka, Mimic, Phantom, Poison, Primal, Prototype, Ravager, Savage, Shadow Stealer, Spinner, Thok, Tracker, Triglax, Tyrant, Reidak, Vengeance, Vezok, Zaktan.

Kanohi

In the days before the war, it was rare for Ta-Matoran mask makers to craft great kanohi, since there were very few Toa who had need of them. Matoran masks were cheaper to make, since they used lower-powered disks, and so were produced in much higher volumes. The forging of great masks was considered a show of great skill for a mask-maker, but had little practical value, and so was rarely done.

Now, with over a hundred Toa in the city, all of them using masks against the Dark Hunters, the trend has reversed. Great masks are being produced as quickly as possible to aid the Toa. For this reason, it is acceptable for a PC to have two great kanohi, rather than the customary one.

The conditions for this are as follows:

a) The character with an extra mask must be a Toa

b) The character with an extra mask must be part of the Mangai Nui, and have been for some time.

c) The character will have had their second mask for only a short time, and so may not have completely mastered its power(s) as yet.

Technology

Concerning the level of technology present in the game, players should go with what we saw in Metru Nui in the 04-05 arc. Kanoka disks, moto-sleds, rhotuka launchers and memory crystals are all fair game. Xian standard weaponry is cool for DHs and some Toa, depending on which part of the universe they came from. Toa who lived on Xia or Nynrah before going to defend Metru Nui will have better tech than Toa from the back-blocks of the Tren Krom Peninsula.

Rules

• All BZP rules apply, obviously.
  • In general, don’t do anything that detracts from other peoples’ enjoyment of the game. All the usual RPG fallacies fall under this, such as god-modding, meta-gaming, bunnying, auto-hitting and the like. For more on these, see the BZPRPG, where you will find some great descriptions and more details on the subtleties of these.
  • Use IC and OOC to separate what your character(s) do from you talking.
  • Do not wreak huge destruction on the city. Both sides in this war want the city in-tact, so going nova and sinking Metru-Nui beneath the silver sea is no good for anyone. Cause a bit of destructive mayhem if you have to, but please, no apocalyptic, metru-destroying attacks.
  • Do not kill or injure somebody else’s character without permission. The same goes for (character) life changing events.
  • GMs have the right to do anything they see fit in the IC world. This includes punishments for rule-breaking and rewards for making positive contributions to the RPG.

Final Words

You will see that this game looks similar in many ways to Strike from the Shadows, a game created by Zarayna a few contests ago. I have taken some good ideas from the game and incorporated them into my own, with a few changes, while attempting to give City of Legends its own points of uniqueness and not just rip off the older game. Nonetheless, this game would not be what it is without Zarayna and his Co-GMs having pioneered RPGs set in this time and place. Credit where it is due.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

IC (Karorahk, Onu-Metru): Karorahk stood sentinel on top of what had once been the main entrance to the great archives. A group of hunters had gone out hours earlier, and time stretched on as he waited for their return, so something else to break up the monotony of guard duty. The metal colossus clanked back and forth, pacing the building’s roof.

IC (Hatann, Po-Metru): Below the sculpture fields, Hatann cautiously edged into a dark cave. He was doing what very few sane beings in this universe would - he was looking for catapult scorpions. Bad tempered, powerful, savage and huge, it was lucky that these creatures seldom ventured from their caves. If they did, though, one would probably take a lot of stopping.

A vicious hissing sound came from the back of the cave, followed by a dull orange glow. Hatann tensed and readied his power. He had found his quarry, but the hard part was still to come. It would be a matter a split-second timing, or else he would end up as a rahi's dinner.
Incensed by the intrusion into its territory, the catapult scorpion whipped its tail forward, sending a ball of burning magma towards the Skakdi's hiding place. Hatann saw it coming, and lept to his right - straight into the magma's path. The molten rock collided with his body with a sickening thud, and he was thrown backwards across the floor.
Hatann got up smiling, now wreathed in his own orange glow. His feet sank into the floor slightly as the rock melted beneath him. No magma could hurt him now - he was made of magma. He advanced towards the scorpion, but the creature showed no fear - that was not in its nature. It came to meet him, it sharp pincers clacking in the gloom.

Hatann didn't wait for it to gut him. Tapping into his gravity powers, he leapt up and over the rahi, so high that he almost touched the roof of the vast cavern. He landed behind it. "Gah!" he yelled, and touched his molten fist to its armoured hind leg. The rahi recoled in pain and kicked out, though Hatann leapt over the limb. "Gah!" he roared agin, and moved after it, hearding it towards the cave entrance. It was difficult, but the rahi slowly gave way, and allowed itself to be chased out of the cave. From there, it moved out through the empty canyons on a destructive rampage. Catapult Scorpions were considered the natural enemy of every living thing but the kikanalo, and this one fit the mould. Before it could do too much damage, however, Hatann would direct it to somewhere more populated, somewhere with more toa for it to rip and squash and burn.

IC (Dekuna, Le-Metru): Dekuna watched as a new batch of vahki marched out from one of the many factories in Le-Metru. With the new troop deployed, he doubted that he needed to patrol this area any longer - the Hunters were more likely to strike while the machines were being produced, when they could more easily destroy the batch and the factory with them. Removing the mahiki from his face, he replaced it with his kualsi, looked up to the skyline and disappeared.An instant later, he appeared on the roof of another factory, where he had a good view of the area around him. Switching back to his mahiki, he cloaked himself in an illusion so that to others he would appear to be no more than a cable crawler sitting on the roof.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

IC: Majah, Ga/Ta-Metru Protodermis facilities.

Majah stared out the second level window into the empty Ga-Metru landscape. No movement. She was used to staring out in lifeless landscapes, but from what she knew about Metru-Nui, city-scapes such as this one were supposed to be bustling with life, noise, and excitement. But from her point of view, it just looked dead.

She momentarily- and maybe unprofessionally- turned her gaze away from the view to take a look at the Matoran work force on the ground floor. The intricate series of pipes had no meaning to her, but she knew that the Matoran were purifying protodermis to be used for cute repair, or shipped off to Ta-Metru to be used for heating. Despite basically growing up on top of liquid protodermis, she never imagined that it could be refined in such ways and used for so many things. There was a lot to learn in this technological city of wonders- she just wished she got a chance to visit before war started.

The elevator to her right opened, and out walked the Foreman. "Afternoon, Majah," he said. "How are you doing? Can we get you anything?"

"I'm fine, but thank you for checking." And after a pause. "I do have to say that your operation continues to impress me."

"We're proud of the fact that we can continue operations despite the war. But that's mostly thanks to you Toa."

"Well, I'm happy to help."

He nodded toward her in respect, and walked back into the elevator. Majah was glad that, despite the serious nature of her position, she was still able to engage the Matoran in conversation. There were a lot of interesting stories to be told.

She turned back toward the window, and noticed that the sun got a little dimmer. End of shift was coming. She was glad not to be working nights- if the Dark Hunters were to attack, that would be the time. When the bell rang she would grab her gear, head to her quarters a few blocks away, and try to sleep the night away. Then she would wake up and do it all again tomorrow.

OOC: Hopefully this gets more players soon. :biggrin:

BZPRPG

IC: Baun: Le-Metru

Baun stood in the shadows, watching the line of newly produced Vahki march just a few yards away.

"I've always hated these things, but still better than Dark Hunters."

He looked around worried about the constant threat. He stared at a lone cable crawler high above on a roof, "Pests" he said annoyed.

"EXTERMINATE"-Dalek #1 to #3458271

If you have a self MOC you would like me to build just PM me and I'll make it as long as I have the pieces.

3DS Friend Code: 4699-6562-6279

Pokemon Y safari: Audino, Dunsparce and Chansey

IC: Iralia [Le-Metru]

The finger was gently traced along the mark on the floor. There was a small impression, a small black mark. Slightly darker in one direction. They went this way, whoever they were. Then, Iralia's mask glowed, and her body followed suit. Around her neck some gills opened, and then closed. Between her fingers were webbing.

She breathed in, and then out. Then, she stared at her hands and flexed them. Interesting. Probably for swimming in the Chutes. She began to run along the streets, keeping track of the small traces of her hunt, when she saw a figure who the tracks led too.

Just a Toa. She was looking for a Dark Hunter.

"Pests."

"Hello. I'm Iralia."

IC: Vezok [Archives]The Skakdi inched his way towards the entrance to the Darkmine, looking for a guard he could talk to. It was a little boring for someone of his great intelligence to be trapped in tunnels, although they were extensive archives with large amounts of information.

He took off his harpoon, and then saw a strange humanoid Rahkshi-thing. He came up and sat down near the thing. How odd it was. Perhaps it was some sort of odd exo-suit or something.

Edited by Canis Lycaon

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

The toa looked up at the approaching figure.

"Hello Iralia, I am Baun. What brings you to this factory? Is it the Hunters? I heard a matoran saw one near here recently." Baun said, a bit nervously.

If you have a self MOC you would like me to build just PM me and I'll make it as long as I have the pieces.

OOC Me just beating up a NPC...For NowIC Monorahk (Le-Metru)Monorahk fired another blast of magnetism at the strange Toa of Plasma. The Toa dodged the blast and fired a wave of Plasma at him. Unable to block the attack, Monorahk lowered his density. He watched as he hovered above the wave as it crashed over the edge of the high building he was on. It landed on a small chute on its way to the ground. Monorahk lowered his density back to normal. The Toa readied himself for a attack. Monorahk charged towards the Toa, and the Toa followed suit, but Monorahk new that he still had the trump card. As he and the Toa approached, he lowered the density of his opponents sword. The Toa lunged at him sword twirling. Monorahk did nothing to block the attack and the sword...passed right through him. While the Toa was still unbalanced, Monorahk fired a blast of magnetism that crumbled the Toa's right arm into dust. As the Toa feel to the ground screaming in pain, Monorahk increased the density of the air surrounding the Toa's mouth. He watched in satisfaction as the Toa contorted and writhed as he slowly suffocated. When it was all over, Monorahk picked up the Toa's mask. He saw it was nothing but a petty Hau. He dropped it to the ground and crushed it underneath his foot. He knew he couldn't let fun get in the way of his mission, but karz, killing Toa was that enjoyable.

buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=43&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=42&txt=Press%
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=46&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=47&txt=Press%

BZPRPG Characters

Want to play all the Lego games? Click Here

IC: Iralia [Le-Metru]

"You, actually. I was walking around when I noticed your trail, and began to follow it. I found you standing here." Then, she heard screams, coming from nearby. She took off her spear, and then began to ran towards the source of the screaming, gesturing to Baun to follow.

She got near the sound of the screaming, which had stopped about a little time ago. She got to the place, and saw a Rahkshi standing over a dead Toa, whose mask had been ripped off. She, carefully making sure not to give away her location, took her spear and pointed it at the Rahkshi.

A stream of super hot plasma flung from the spear right at the Rahkshi.

Edited by Canis Lycaon

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC Monorahk

It was lucky for Monorahk that he was turning around at that moment

OOC

(I know, sound like GMing but really, he was going to turn around XD)

IC Monorahk

for the end of his staff took most of powerful beam of plasma. Monorahk screamed as a spray of plasma hit both him and his staff. He gazed at his staff as the left prong on the end crumbled away. He glared at the Toa who did this. Another Toa of Plasma? Would this one put up a better fight than the last one? He thought so, otherwise life would get so unavodibly boring. But what is this? The Toa had brought a friend. Two Toa, now this could be a fight. He hissed at the opposing Toa and launched a Magnetism attack at the Toa of Plasma.

Edited by Toa of Anarchy
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=43&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=42&txt=Press%
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=46&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=47&txt=Press%

BZPRPG Characters

Baun used his powers of magnetism to jump high above the Rahkshi. He landed to the right of it and then ran at the enemy with his knife pointing at the rahkshi's chest.

IC (Dekuna): A flare of plasma shot into the sky, and from his perch on top of the vahki factory, Dekuna's sharp eyes caught it. Somewhere nearby, there was a Toa in trouble, and, as was his duty, he would go to their aid. It crossed his mind that it could be a trap set by the Hunters, but he didn't let the possibility stop him. If it was, he trusted himself to escape their clutches. His skills had kept him alive so far, and he would happily rely on them again. He removed the mahiki from his face, and as he did so, the illusion around him collapsed. He put on his kualsi instead, selected a point on the skyline near to where he had seen the plasma and teleported.

Quickly, he saw that he had been correct - there was a rahkshi standing over a dead body, and another toa of plasma locked in combat. Things looked to be going well for the toa at this stage - the rahkshi's staff was beginning to disintegrate. Knowing that the sons of Makuta lost a good part of their power without their staves, he decided to continue what the other Toa had started. From on top of the building, he sent a sonic vibration down into the rahkshi's weapon, making it shake and buck in its hands, and accelerating the damage the plasma had already done.

ppg2.png

OOC Never mind, I'm not sure if he is online right now so I'm not going to hold everyone up.

IC Monorahk

Monorahk screamed as vibrations ripped through his staff. He through it down. Although weakend by the lose of his weapon, Monorahk knocked the Toa of Magnetism's sword aside and followed with a magneticly enhaced kick at his right shin.

OOC Any Dark Hunter help? Anoyone? *gulp gulp* *scrambles to start writing knew Dark Hunter profile* lol

BZPRPG Characters

IC: Iralia

The magnetism attack pushed Iralia back a bit, but it passed and she regained any lost ground. Her mask glowed some more, and then her whole body glowed in turn. Her gills and flippers faded, and a new adaptation created itself. On the bottom of her feet were claws, perfect for digging into the ground and holding place.

Iralia then started to form a stream of plasma from her spear, and whipped it at the Rahkshi.

OOC:

Lorax, Vezok is trying to interact with Karorahk.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Baun lost his grip on his knife and looked as his weapon flew out of his hand. He felt a sharp pain in his shin, tripped and fell. He got back up and hurriedly put on his matatu. He used his kanohi to retrieve his dagger. He then created a small magnetic field to act as a shield around his wrists. He ran at the Rahkshi, with a stream of plasma blasting next to him.

OOC I think I should give Baun a chance with my attack before I deal with yours or the inevitable Lorax's.

EDIT Never mind lol

IC

Monorahk was expecting this, he dropped to the floor as the beam of Plasma shot over his head. As he clutched the floor, a idea came to him. He dropped the density of the floor (and raised his own to counter balence).

OOC To be more clear, my guy lowered the floor's density of the floor so you guys would fall right through it, unless you can levitate or whatever. Lorax, I hope this works since technically he is touching the floor.

Edited by Toa of Anarchy

BZPRPG Characters

IC (Dekuna): Seeing that the Rahkshi was struggling against three opponents, Dekuna saw the need to press their advantage before the isolated Hunter could recover and mount a counter-attack. He hoped they would be able to capture this one alive, even before the vahki got here. With a Toa in dark armour now engaging the hunter hand-to-hand, he didn't dare to use any more long-ranged attacks for fear of hitting them by accident. Instead, he used his kualsi again, teleporting down to land right behind the dark hunter. Even as he appeared out of thin air, he took a swipe with a blade at the bottom of its kraata-casing.

ppg2.png

OOC: Oops, I just saw you edited your post

Started to sink beneath the ground, this Rahkshi was a clever opponent. In an effort to free himself Baun used his powers of magnetism to fly upwards a few feet.

Edited by turtleman

OOC Lorax, I know I edited my post but I did say that the floor and baisicly become unable to hold weight, so your guy should be falling, not swinging his sword at me, unless I missed something.

@turtleman, not saying its impossible, but how does Baun use his Magnetic powers to lift himself up?

BZPRPG Characters

OOC: @Toa of Anarchy, I read on either the Bionicle wiki or bs01 that Toa of magnetism could levitate by manipulating magnetism. I guess if your make yourself and the floor have really strong magnetic fields that are the same then you would float or fly

OOC Lorax, I hope this is what you meant.

IC Monorahk

Monorahk fell, struck by a blow to the side by a unknown opponent. He magneticly summoned his staff as he stared at the new visitor. Another Toa?! This was getting out of hand. He sent a crushing magnetic attack on the Toa of Sonic's right arm. trying to crumple it to bits. After he had already fired the blast, he lowered the density of the floor around him and raised his own to counter balence.

OOC I'm not thinking the entire floor here, maybe just 5-10 feet around him if thats ok.

My guy is stage 6 so here are his powers for Magnetism so you don;t have to look them up :)

Stage 6: Possesses magnetic powers strong enough to tear a slab of protodermis in two.

BZPRPG Characters

OOC: Yes, that's fine. Technically, he/it would have to lower his/its density more than he lowered the floor's to stay on top of it, but you got the general point across.

IC (Dekuna): Now with a slice in its back that exposed the kraata inside, the Rahkshi turned savagely and hurled some kind of energy blast at Dekuna through the remains of its staff. He didn't stay around to find out what it was. Instead, he used his kualsi again, reappearing ten bio away, where he would have a clear shot at the rahkshi without either of the toa getting in the way.

"Hit it on three!" he yelled to the other Toa. "One..." He reached into his backpack with one hand, "Two..." He pulled out his lightstone and slotted a level seven Onu-Metru disk of speed into his kanoka launcher. "Three!" He struck the lightstone with the disk, and it sped away like a bullet, right at the slight gap he had created in the kraata casing. As it flew, he sent his sonic power into the glowing crystal, causing it to vibrate and disrupting its structural integrity. When it hit its target, the lightstone would shatter, releasing all of its light in one explosive burst. If this rahkshi hated light as much as its kin, things were about to get ugly.

OOC: He's basically simulating the effects of a lightstone rifle.

IC (Karorahk): A Skakdi joined him on the roof, but Karorahk didn't know why. He wasn't expecting any new orders or a change of guard for hours yet. Unexpected things weren't supposed to happen on guard duty.

"You're not supposed to be here" he grunted at the Skakdi. His voice was deep and had a metallic ring to it. "Proof of identity?" He pointed one of his staffs at the Skakdi, and sent just a little bit of fear through it, not enough to make him quake in terror or do anything irrational, but enough to let him know it was meant as a threat.

ppg2.png

IC: Baun

"Three"

Baun quickly used his matatu to launch his knife at the rahkshi as a lightstone flew towards the creature.

"Now you're going down" said the Toa with hatred in his voice.

IC: Galoli (Coliseum, Medical Ward)

Within the Coliseum, even at this hour, there was hustle and bustle in the medical wards. Toa and Matoran alike moved among the cots of the injured, white and blue and red all in one mixture of color.

Galoli ignored most of the constant motion around her, instead focusing on the Matoran's leg she was bandaging and splinting. He was a Po-Matoran who wanted to fight, and backed up by some Toa squads of these would be around. One of the Hunters had cracked his leg nearly in half with a stomp of some sort, or something of the like-she wasn't entirely sure what happened, but she knew how to fix it.

"There. Stay off it for a week or so to let the organics grow back and no huge stresses for the next month, for now you'll be on guard duty."

Flashing a smile she moves onwards, always another patient to help.

OOC: Galoli is open for interaction!

IC: Avak (Onu-Metru)

Avak, Skakdi of Stone, great inventor and imprisoner of many, was not pleased.

His latest invention had decided that it was better off being a pile of scrap and flew apart before slamming together on his head. As he spit another bolt out, he decided that Magnetism wasn't an element he was going to play with for a while.

So, annoyed, he had gone for a walk to clear his head. And what else did he see when he actually looked outside for once? The Knowledge Towers.. wait..

His eyes lit up, and his grin grew larger. Of course! He could go find that! Now, who to drag with him..

Glancing to the side, he spotted his victim. Avak walked over and punched Vezok to get his attention, and then spoke.

"Oy, Bog Leech. I got a proposal for ya."

IC: Lariska (Po-Metru)

Rumbling. The scent of magma. Loud screeches.

Great, someone decided to bother the catapult scorpions.

Appearing as if out of nowhere from where she had been taking a quick nap, and scaring the guard in the process-tsk, tsk-Lariska fluidly made her way out of the Dark Hunter's temporary base and out onto the deserts of Po-Metru, moving from shadow to shadow quickly enough that even her bluish-green armor didn't give her away.

It didn't take long to find the source of what she had heard and smelt, and as she did the Korumine sighed. Of course.

Now sprinting in the shadows, she came up next to the molten Skakdi and spoke in a normal tone of voice, just enough to be heard.

"If that thing hurts any other Hunters the medical bill's coming out of your pay."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC (Hatann): Hatann was jogging after the scorpion, taking long, loping strides as he pursued the beast. He did have leave to do this, on the condition that he went alone, and didn't take any other hunters of his near-suicidal search of the nastiest rahi on Metru Nui, but he wasn't surprised that Lariska would want to check on progress. "In that case, you'd be paying me for the damage it does to the Toa" Hatann replied. "I'm herding it to the Ga/Ta border and setting it loose. Didn't I tell you these things were good value?" He darted to the left to head the rahi off as a tried to escape him down a narrow side-canyon. "You could come and watch."

ppg2.png

IC Monorahk

Monorahk grinned. "Agreed" He snarled at the Toa. Than dropped his own density and fell through the floor into the building. He saw a lightstone go hurling over his head as he looked up. He screamed and cringed as a great flash of light shook the building. Using his magnetism powers, Monorahk hurled blasts in the direction of where both Toa were.

Edited by Toa of Anarchy

BZPRPG Characters

IC:Baun

Baun ran in front of Dekuna. He speedily created magnetic fields, repelling some of the blasts. He was unable to block all the damage and was hit. The other blast continued towards Dekuna, smaller and weaker however.

IC Triorahk and Duorahk

"Why is it that we always end up in green places? On Destral we got the forest patrol, in Karda Nui we had swamp duty, and now here! This big green city! I like the color but why do we always come to Le-Metru whenever we are around Duorahk." Asked Triorahk

"I thought you liked living things Triorahk?" Replied Duorahk with a little tinge of sarcasm.

"Don't be a fool. You know as well as I do that nothing is less precious than life, with the exclusion of our superior race's life of course."

"Of course."

Suddenly, a bright flash erupted from the roof of a nearby building and a familiar scream.

"A Rahkshi!?" Exclaimed Triorahk. "One of our brothers is in trouble, if it is possible. We should go to his aide, who knows, there maybe Toa to kill."

"Lets roll then" Agreed Duorahk.

Triorahk and Duorahk both mounted their staffs and set a straight course for the top of the building where the scream and the light had come from.

Edited by Toa of Anarchy

BZPRPG Characters

IC (Dekuna): From his position inside the building, Monorahk couldn't actually see where the Toa on the roof were, so his blasts were wild and inaccurate. The one aimed at Dekuna was a few bio away from where he had really ended up, and only exerted a slight tug on his armour before it was gone.

The Dark Hunter's disappearance gave the Toa some time to think and assess the situation, and he quickly realised that they had the mercenary trapped. The Rahkshi was alone, deep in enemy territory, and confined to one building. He wouldn't escape without being seen, so they needed only to wait until he emerged.

"Well, it's not going anywhere" he observed to the other Toa. "We just need to watch the building and wait until it comes back out, and then we capture it. There was a squad of Vahki rolling out of a factory just as I came here, so they will have noticed the disturbance and will be here any minute. I'll jump up there to cover this side, you-" he pointed to Baun "-take that side, and you-" Iralia" can watch the back. We've got this thing, we just have to be careful about it".

ppg2.png

"Gotcha Dekuna. This Rahkshi will serve as an example to the others. That Mangai Nui is not to be trifled with!" He said bitterly with a hint of excitement. "I think I can pull it up here to us. Should I?"

OOC The blasts weren't really meant to be accurate, more to keep you occupied.

IC Monorahk

As Monorahk lowered his density back to normal, he considered his options. He could easily escape using his power of density control or he could stay and fight. After thinking for a moment, he decided that even though he would love to stay and pick his death with the Toa, a billion squads of Vahki weren't something to joke about. Before he could make a move however, a great blast shook the building, throwing him to his feet.

IC Triorahk and Duorahk

As they approached the building, duorahk saw Three Toa standing on the roof, and a body laying a short ways away from them. (OOC The body of the NPC Toa of Plasma)

IC

"I believe that our brother has fallen Duorahk." Sighed Triorahk. "At the least we can avenge him and show these Toa scum how they are to treat the Sons of Shadow!"

Duorahk fired a heavy gravity strike at the building causing it to shake. After he had fired it, he began to use his Hunger power on what appeared to be a Toa of Sonics.

Triorahk activated his chameleon powers and began searching for nearby Rahi he could use.

Edited by Toa of Anarchy

BZPRPG Characters

Baun looked to the sky. "Rahkshi incoming!" He shouted. "Dekuna, Iralia, get ready for a fight." He took out his dagger and switched to his kanohi Huna. He silently walked to the corner and hid preparing to ambush the approaching Rahkshi.

IC Triorahk

As Triorahk mentally searched for any type of useful Rahi, he came upon the mind of a Artakha Bull. He reached out with his mind at caused it to immediately start to climb up the building (inside of it :P) He enhanced it current bad naturedness and fueled its anger so by the time it would reach the top, it would destroy the Toa. He landed on the building and hurriedly sprinted into a corner (Chameleon still active) and was inexplicably knocked over by some unknown object.

OOC Thats you turtleman XD

Edited by Toa of Anarchy

BZPRPG Characters

OOC: lol, now you know the power of a Toa

Baun felt something bump into him. He fumbled hurriedly with his knife and stabbed the air in an attempt to attack the thing that hit him, which to the best of his knowledge, may or may not exist.

IC: Lariska (Po-Metru)

"As amusing as it'd be watching the Toa run around trying to stop a raging catapult scorpion, trying to get one of their Ko-Toa over there, I'm afraid I have a meeting with Ancient in about finger-width, so I'll only be able to see you to the border."

One of her odder expressions shown through as she spoke, that of telling time by body part in relationship to the sun--or in this case, suns. Finger-length, arm width, arm-length, simply remnants of how her people had spoke before the other two came.

It was, in a way, her way of honoring them enough though she was happy enough that they were gone.

Not that the majority of the Hunters knew or cared about it.

And she ran in shadow, raging scorpion ahead and living magma with a toothy grin beside. All in all, one of the more exciting days in Metru Nui.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Iralia

Iralia looked around, and saw a Rahkshi that looked like it was one of Gravity, but the other Rahkshi had two powers, so this might too. Not caring whether or not, Iralia took her spear and swung it around, pointing the end at the one Rahkshi who was not fighting anyone.

Plasma streamed out, but then Iralia stopped. Plasma was super hot, and produced light as a side effect. Iralia stopped trying to burn the Rahkshi with the plasma, and then began to produce more. She moved it into position so it made a sphere around the Rahkshi.

The sphere would produce light and injure the Rahkshi. If it tried to burst out, it would burn itself on the super hot plasm.

IC: Vezok

"Proof of identity?"

"Ah, right here. This would be some dog tags I got in the Dark Hunters. Besides, Mr. Rahkshi thing, I came from inside the Archives. How would I have gotten in there if I was a Mangai Nui?"

At that point, Vezok felt a bump on his arm, and a voice. There was only one person who sounded like that. Upon hearing him, Vezok rolled his eyes, and turned around to see exactly who he had thought it had been. He crossed his arm and looked at him.

"What experiment went wrong this time that you need my help in solving, Avak?"

OOC:

Hey, Zakaro, does Avak's weapon flip?

But that RPG is dead.

What now?