Lewa Phantoka Sword Prop

Crunchyn

If you haven't seen it from the Archives topic, here it is. A lifesize Lewa Phantoka Sword. I was trying out a new program called Autodesk 123d Make. It's different from Pepakura in that it doesn't unfold polygons, but it builds things in layers. And before you guys ask, no I don't think that I'm gonna paint it. I think all this paper-building is making me grow attached to white :P

Click for Full-size IMG

img_0038.jpg_thumb.jpg

And because people asked, here's some haphazardly taken pics of me wielding the sword. It's now that I realize just how small it really is....or I'm just ridiculously tall XD

img_0047.jpg_thumb.jpg

Length: 40 Inches

Material: Plastic Corrugated Board (Just think plastic cardboard)

Time spent: 3 days

Orig Model Courtesy of B:NG

Edited by CrunchbiteNuva

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

Dude! That's super detailed! Major kudos! :biggrin:
Thanks! :)
Nice! I'd like to have one. The only think that doesn't look good to me is how the handle is modeled, you could have done it cylinder-shaped, like real swords, yet the current is more set-like. However, nice job!
Yes, I agree with you on the handle part. It's a bit uncomfortable and unwieldy. I have to go buy some acrylic tubes later anyway, I'll go and see if there's one that I can slip over and cover it.

Wow. The size and level of detail are amazing, and it appears remarkably solid for something contructed out of paper. Major kudos to you for the whole project.What I would like to see, though, would be some pictures of it being branished in an interesting way. :P~B~

As always, you do some really impressive work; as others have mentioned, the attention to detail is great.Out of curiosity, you mentioned it took 3 days; was most of that actual assembly, or was it more modeling the actual piece that took time?

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

You should do more. Please do a Tahu Nuva sword. That would look so cool.
Someone is actually doing something similar. I'll leave that to them :P
Wow. The size and level of detail are amazing, and it appears remarkably solid for something contructed out of paper. Major kudos to you for the whole project.What I would like to see, though, would be some pictures of it being branished in an interesting way. :P~B~
And it's full scale? Like, you can swing it around dramatically and such? :P
It's plastic cardboard, very lightweight. I can do some pretty cool moves with it, regardless of the short hilt (Years and years ov pretending I was a Jedi baseball player :D) Hmm.... I wouldn't say it's full scale. If you compare Lewa Phantoka's sword to him, it goes up to his head which for me means a true full scale would have to be 5 feet long, one feet longer than the one I do have :P
As always, you do some really impressive work; as others have mentioned, the attention to detail is great.Out of curiosity, you mentioned it took 3 days; was most of that actual assembly, or was it more modeling the actual piece that took time?
Just Assembly, the model comes from BNG. Edited by CrunchbiteNuva