Diotrua, enhanced matoran of plasma.

Vezon shall Return

diox1.png

Hey everyone, it's been a while. Here's a two month old picture of an Epic Character (that didn't kind of just died,,, Hahaha... Oh well....) I made with paint and then filtered it with Microsoft Word. Anyway, I've been meaning to upload it, but sort of forgot to. It's loosely based off my previous 3d work: Takua, Hali, and Matoro, but there are a few noticeable differences. I wish I had time to continue my work with my 3d characters, but I'm going to have to wait until summer when I am less busy. (I am planning to do animations and model other characters.)

(I just posted a RPG Profile of Diotrua , go check it out and comment it here, the link is right here. Oh, and here's a Demo Reel.)

Edited by TrueshadowX01

"Don't! They will kill you like a small dog. Instead let your anger be as if it were a monkey on a treadmill; confused and tripping around." -Lelouch of Britania- (Here is my BZPRPG Profile, Diotrua.) 

09972482fe0243bdf1778f84fd5d61d1.gif

That's really nice, I Ike how you added more details compared to your other ones, and the background suits it well. Just one question...how do you filter stuff wih Microsoft Word?

Well, I simply "draw" the image in "paint" and the image has to be at least 4x the size then desired, so the lines blurred when copied and pasted into "Word". Then go to "corrections" and blur it down one level. If it still looks too blurred, you can paste it into word and then unselect the paste and then copy it again from paint and paste it into word and sharpen the image. (In the last step relarge the image to 5 or 6 [get to it by right clicking] and when you are ready use the "Snipping Tool" to copying it to Paint (don't just click copy and paste... trust me) and crop the edges if desired, the end. Since I'm too cheap to buy a real art program, this method works quite well and only takes a few minutes after completely done drawing it.

"Don't! They will kill you like a small dog. Instead let your anger be as if it were a monkey on a treadmill; confused and tripping around." -Lelouch of Britania- (Here is my BZPRPG Profile, Diotrua.) 

Very cool looking. I really like your style, and you did very well here only using two-shade. I especially like what you did with the cape.Two things I'm confused on though:1. What is he doing? From what I can make out, he's standing on a pillar with his sword while using some kind of plasma ability or something to summon another sword to him. Is that part of his "enhancement?" I bet it would make a lot more sense if I just played the RPG, but I've been curious about it.2. Why is he green and purple? Aren't plasma-Matoran supposed to be orange and white?Just wondering about that, but the art still looks awesome. I can't believe you did that with just Paint and some blurring in Word. How did you do the transparency on the energy?By the way, there are a lot of free programs out there you could use. I've made some designs like this just using PowerPoint, which would fit your style well, although you would have to do it on a much larger scale. Here's some guides by our very own Bonesiii if you are interested. I've also heard GIMP and Paint.net are also good, but I've never tried them. Just some ideas. :D

Oh my bad, I didn't explain his backstory.

1. He's actually from a failed attempt at an epic, that I'll probably revise and change the story, not an RPG. The great sword is sentient and semi-evil. Also, I never played the RPG, I don't know the rules or how to join... and I don't know where to begin. However, I might join... (I just did... I think... still negotiating on the character.)

2. He is wearing a prototype armor that he stole, so that is why it is "protodermic" green. He wears a great inorganic Kanohi Calix. (Though it is hidden under his helmet and cloak.)

I did it manually with paint, so I didn't really use any transparency, all you do is get up close to the image with pencil and then fill it in with brighter colors. The picture in all took about 3 hours (though not all in one sitting). Final editing with word took about 15 min.

Edited by TrueshadowX01