The Official Music Topic

the new Pain of Salvation was really good but it didn't blow me away

should listen to The Great Old Ones and Persefone though

plus the new Inferno is shaping up to be good and I just remembered the new Darkest Hour drops this week and that was sounding fantastic based on the pre-release track

plus the new Inferno is shaping up to be good and I just remembered the new Darkest Hour drops this week and that was sounding fantastic based on the pre-release track

yknow I'm just gonna leave all that there. s/o to BZPower for being such a garbage website

Edited by Serein

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

my taste has regressed to that of a 16-year-old girl and I've been listening to nothing but Saosin, Rise Against, Senses Fail, and Silverstein for the past week

these are bands I wasn't even into when I was a 16-year-old girl

This was literally me but with like, Nightwish, and I have negative regrets honestly.

my taste has regressed to that of a 16-year-old girl and I've been listening to nothing but Saosin, Rise Against, Senses Fail, and Silverstein for the past week

nice

saosin w/ anthony green is best saosin

i have been into carissa's wierd and other such pretty modest-mousey sadcore

only in dreams.

saosin w/ anthony green is best saosin

overall I'd be inclined to agree, but the self-titled album rules and at least 25% of that is because of Cove.

nothing beats Translating the Name though

Turns out that NIN EP is way better than Less Than suggested it would be. I still don't think it's particularly amazing or anything, but it's good, and actually interesting and worth listening to. It's been a little while since I could say that about a NIN release.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

I mean, has Trent really done much stuff in recent years other than Hesitation Marks and How to Destroy Angels? It's not too hard for the last EP to be the best thing when that's what it's going up against.

okay, let me rephrase: I like the last EP (and the new one) more than anything he's done since at least Year Zero.

• 2 weeks later...

Yo, Bandcamp is doing a trans rights fundraising event all-day tomorrow, and are donating 100% of their share of sales to the Transgender Law Center. Great time to buy some music over there. I'll certainly be picking up a few things from my wishlist for the occasion.

• Upvote 1

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

Yo, Bandcamp is doing a trans rights fundraising event all-day tomorrow, and are donating 100% of their share of sales to the Transgender Law Center. Great time to buy some music over there. I'll certainly be picking up a few things from my wishlist for the occasion.

I definitely will be too.

• Upvote 1

Collibus, anyone? Interesting band that popped up out of Manchester, I think it was, a few years back, and they just put a new album, too. Yeah, the music might not be especially complex in structure, but nor is Black Sabbath. It's pretty listenable and I love the vocals.

me, McCree, and Queen of Liars are running a music blog now. gonna mostly cover metal, punk, and alternative stuff so if any of y'all are interested in that, you should check us out.

we're also on the lookout for more writers and contributors if anybody's interested. wouldn't mind having somebody who can cover more indie rock-type stuff, for example.

I'd be interested in writing for your blog. I could do a weekly basis, for example. I like writing n I can rite lots of good English when I try. I can see it's kind of dead, but if you're interested in undeadifying it, perhaps message me?

• 2 weeks later...

Hundred Suns, the new project featuring Cory Brandan from Norma Jeans and ex-Every Time I Die drummer Ryan Leger, released their debut album The Prestaliis this past friday. I'd honestly forgotten the project was even a thing until the album dropped, but I'm pretty pleasantly surprised. I was expecting loud chaotic hardcore like their respective other bands but instead it's more of an atmospheric, Deftonesy alt-metal with post- and prog-metal influences that really works.

Brand New just released their brand new album Science Fiction, Weezer has announced a new album entitled Pacific Daydream will be released October 27 (and is not The Black Album, which is finished and will be released shortly after), and Mastodon have announced yet another new album this year entitled Cold Dark Place to be released in September.

also new Converge album The Dusk in Us in November, III by the Swedish post-punk band Makthaverskan in October, and French goth rock band Soror Dolorosa's new album Apollo in September.

and that's on top of all the previously announced stuff coming out within the next couple months from Chelsea Wolfe, Paradise Lost, Grave Pleasures, and Dälek among others. 2017 has finally hit its stride.

• 2 weeks later...