Andy Macdonald would probably like this skateboard

Nukaya

My mom has a Big Banana skateboard from when she was a kid, so I dug it out of the garage and made a LEGO version of it. I had to cover the entire top with a bunch of plate pieces, because it was so bendy, the wheels could barely hold it up and every time I picked it up to work on it, it fell apart. It is also kind of hard to tell here, but the underside has an angled taper to it in a similar fashion to the real skateboard.

I will not try skate on this. Mainly because the wheels don't do anything and this would have to be massively glued to hold up anything heavier than my cat. The only person who gets to try to skateboard on this is Andy MacDonald because BIONICLE TOA TOUR AWESOME.

This will be at BrickFair VA in a few weeks!

(click for bigger pictures/flickr)

9268067842_eac9d02b23_z.jpg

9268065776_e99a352d9e_z.jpg

9265288039_65b4622d5f_z.jpg

9268060818_a3a4a7b927.jpg

Edited by Nukaya
  • Upvote 1

Wow. For a moment I actually thought the first picture was a picture of the real one.

Very accurate. My only suggestion would be to use this, this, or this for the wheels.

Then again, it looks as though you might have been going for a "brick only" build, so maybe not.

But it is really-REALLY good. And Andy MacDonald would like it.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

It certainly looks great, and if your cat can ride it, I demand a picture of your cat on the skateboard. Ooh, and you should also take some more pieces and build decals on it like Pepper Roni's board had in LEGO Island, because that's the first thing I thought of when I first saw the bright yellow.

How well will you die?