The elusive transparent dark blue noble rau

banana92

ever since I first saw the pictures, whether in German Lego magazines, on walmart websites, I knew it had to exist, but I never had any proof. Today I received an email from the Lego group themselves pertaining to a question I asked just days ago, and indeed did they confirm my suspicions, that infect there was at least two transparent blue NOBEL RAU (and also great rau, as they specified) unfortunately, from there on out I the message was like when you order something online "Since the bionicle line is no longer being made... ...Try visiting [insert website] to buy the piece you are looking for" sp as for the whereabouts, it's a dead end, but it's good to know it either existed, or still is out there, somewhere, in the end, I vow to own such a mask, but to any in search of there own kanohi one-of-a-kind, good luck, and for now, I'll stick with my copper komau.

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

It was a prototype mask for the manas back in 2001, pictures were released though the low quality of them made it hard to identify the masks, luckly, I am fantastic withdetail (even noticed a small flaw that the American mold of the noble kanohi komau has, that the European doesn't) but yes, I concluded that two of the four masks were trans blue noble rau, and two where trans blue noble ruru (which they made on the Nui-Rama)

Edited by banana92

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

I'd imagine they do exist, but they'll be hand in hand with the prototype Manas. If I owned such a thing, I wouldn't sell the masks individually. If I was a collector I wouldn't separate the masks from the set either. An individual transparent Rau as part of a collection would be cool, but there are only going to be 2 masks for that one prototype manas, which is a desirable thing in itself, and they should stay together.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I agree completely. Also on that set there are 2 yellow (or tan) and 2 light blue (pretty sure) Toa mata heads, as well as 2 dark old gray onua claws

Edited by banana92

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

Pretty sure they're tan heads, and also I think it could be normal mata blue. There are also gold pieces on one of them, which are curious because it looks like the 2006 pearl gold, rather than the darker gold that was used back then. It is hard to tell though, the lighting in the picture isn't brilliant.

Here is the picture, just to save anyone reading this the trouble of googling it. :) I don't think there are any other pictures.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

It is actually painted gold, given the fact that Kane-ra and Muaka have silver painted panelsThat is a much better picture then any I have seen (except I found one on a Russian sight today that was as good quality, there is a picture of that exact same pose in a German Lego magazine somewhere that showcases all the rahi (though the others look normal, except the Tarakava teeth are in there respective color and not white) I haven't seen the picture in a very long time though, so it'd be hard to findCame back to look at the photo, that's actually quite an impressive action, it looks as though the cam rotates moving that bent liftarm in the back, and causing the pincers to actually pinch, and action I would not underestimate, I can only wonder why they got rid of that idea (other then it kind of looks atrocious)

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

Pretty sure they're tan heads, and also I think it could be normal mata blue. There are also gold pieces on one of them, which are curious because it looks like the 2006 pearl gold, rather than the darker gold that was used back then. It is hard to tell though, the lighting in the picture isn't brilliant.

Here is the picture, just to save anyone reading this the trouble of googling it. :) I don't think there are any other pictures.

I have the prototype Rurus in that picture. I completely forgot about the trans blue noble Raus. I really want them though. :D I have a prototype Rau, but in solid light blue.

Bliss.png

You're a lucky person, however because there are 4 transblue rurus they are from the Nui-Rama (though they are the some mask) but technically you have them :)

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

You're a lucky person, however because there are 4 transblue rurus they are from the Nui-Rama (though they are the some mask) but technically you have them :)

Yes, that's what I meant. lol I should have said that. I have the Nui Rama that went along with them as well. I wish I had the prototype Manas. That, the Nui Jaga, and the Tarakava are the only prototype Rahi I am missing.

Bliss.png

Well my search for the yet again elusive mask leads me nowhere, but out of hilarity, a Lego worker did just say I am more of an expert in bionicle then they could ever hope to be lol "Unfortunately Andrew, I believe you have far more expertise regarding LEGO® BIONICLE® than I ever hope to learn. I do not have the resources to answer your very detailed question." Posted it for a few laughs.

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

Well my search for the yet again elusive mask leads me nowhere, but out of hilarity, a Lego worker did just say I am more of an expert in bionicle then they could ever hope to be lol"Unfortunately Andrew, I believe you have far more expertise regarding LEGO® BIONICLE® than I ever hope to learn. I do not have the resources to answer your very detailed question." Posted it for a few laughs.

Lol. That's the same answer you will get from everyone unless you manage to contact someone higher up. I know someone who might know where we can find these masks. I'll talk to her about it. :)

Edited by Trydeltix
Bliss.png

wow, then you know some of the "higher ups" haha, that would be awesome to know, i'm trying to track all the masks for a real ultimate checklist

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

Yet another mask that I didn't know about... Bionicle collecting never runs out of surprises to throw in your face...

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!