• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Makuta

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Disciple

Disciple
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,596 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 11 2013 - 02:21 PM

Well, today's my 10th anniversary on BZPower, and I figured it was time I finally posted a MOC. :P

With that said, here's my tribute to the Master of Shadows.

Front

Alternate Mask

Back

Side

"Soon, my brother..."

More MOC's to come...

#2 Offline LordofBionicles

LordofBionicles
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 543 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 11 2013 - 05:41 PM

It's like if good old Teridax had prepared for the fight in Karda Nui while he had his 2003 armor, nice!

new_sign_310714.jpg

#3 Offline Infernum

Infernum
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 21 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 11 2013 - 08:02 PM

Wow! Nice MOC! I love Teridax MOCs, and your's is no exception! The wings and torso are great!

#4 Offline Toa Of Anarchy

Toa Of Anarchy
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 329 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 12 2013 - 10:29 AM

Awesome! And Congrats on ten years!

I love the use of the tail, the wings make him look more makutaish. Very good MOC, and many more.

"The invasion of the universe core is proceeding well, my newest creations are spreading darkness and corruption, and in general, it is good to be alive."
— Mutran, The Mutran Chronicles

"And you still haven't answered any of my one-hundred ten questions, or my follow ups."
— Vezon to Trinuma, Destiny War

"Another Hafu original!"
— Hafu, Mata Nui Online Game 

The biggest sacrifice in bionicle. Its a tie between Matoro giving up his life to save the universe and Hafu knocking down his beloved pieces of nostalgia to save Po-Koro.

#5 Offline mk7.13

mk7.13
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,230 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 09:14 AM

I absolutely love the callback to the original version while still doing something fresh. The whole MOC looks no more complicated than it needs to be: there are obviously more pieces in the legs for stability, but it's not trying to overcompensate for the lack of pieces on the arms. The tail and wings are just perfect. Almost makes the Makuta himself resemble one of his many Rahi minions from back in the day. The only thing I have in the way of criticism is that I think the staff could be just a little bit bulkier, perhaps using two Takanuva staffs like on the original set, but that could just be a personal preference. I do like that the blade is curved, though. It adds a sense of menace, in a way.

I think this is a pretty solid redesign of an older set, complete with some of the pieces it originally included. I have to admit, I've been a huge fan of revamps for a very long time, and it's really cool to see they're still a popular thing to do even after such a long time. I'm definitely excited to see what other MOCs you have in store for the future.

#6 Offline ghidora131

ghidora131
  • Members
  • Toa

• 145 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 10:06 AM

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Sweet.[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]This is the best Teridax MOC I have seen in a while.[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]And yes, mk6.12 was right.[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]You should do more of them.[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Best luck on your MOCs![/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Ghidora131[/font]

https:/404.error..jpg/2--341562#//Ghidora131/connect.hdi.jlk/

Hashtag/trollface1.7//dominationworld.//systemerror.//.jpg

#7 Offline Disciple

Disciple
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,596 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2013 - 08:10 PM

Thanks for all the replies!

It's like if good old Teridax had prepared for the fight in Karda Nui while he had his 2003 armor, nice!

Now that you mention it, he looks a lot like "Teridax Phantoka." Thanks for pointing that out!

Wow! Nice MOC! I love Teridax MOCs, and your's is no exception! The wings and torso are great!

Thanks for commenting! The torso took a lot of trial-and-error, and I'm proud of how it turned out.

Awesome! And Congrats on ten years!

I love the use of the tail, the wings make him look more makutaish. Very good MOC, and many more.

Thanks! I was unsure if people would like the wings and tail, so I'm glad he fits your idea of how a Makuta should look.

I absolutely love the callback to the original version while still doing something fresh. The whole MOC looks no more complicated than it needs to be: there are obviously more pieces in the legs for stability, but it's not trying to overcompensate for the lack of pieces on the arms. The tail and wings are just perfect. Almost makes the Makuta himself resemble one of his many Rahi minions from back in the day. The only thing I have in the way of criticism is that I think the staff could be just a little bit bulkier, perhaps using two Takanuva staffs like on the original set, but that could just be a personal preference. I do like that the blade is curved, though. It adds a sense of menace, in a way.

I think this is a pretty solid redesign of an older set, complete with some of the pieces it originally included. I have to admit, I've been a huge fan of revamps for a very long time, and it's really cool to see they're still a popular thing to do even after such a long time. I'm definitely excited to see what other MOCs you have in store for the future.

Thanks for the feedback! You're right about the staff- the Brotherhood's leader deserves a bigger, beefier weapon. I have some ideas on how to improve it, so expect an update soon. I love revamps too; it's satisfying to take a known character and re-imagine them in your own way.

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Sweet.[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]This is the best Teridax MOC I have seen in a while.[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]And yes, mk6.12 was right.[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]You should do more of them.[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Best luck on your MOCs![/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Ghidora131[/font]

Thanks for posting! I did a similar revamp of Bitil which I will be sharing soon, though I have just one photo of it.

Thanks again to all who shared their feedback!

#8 Offline Toa K

Toa K
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 689 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2013 - 09:37 PM

I think I will imagine this as 04 Terry from now on. Excellent job.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users