BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Jokaro

Some time later, the quartermaster had returned with the items he had requested. Thanking her, he dragged the crate into his workshop - some of the items had come express from Onu-Koro - and prying it open with his spear.

He unloaded the contents onto his workbench, going over each one to ensure they were up to his spec.

"Activated charcoal... check. Seaweed, airweed... check. Cotton... check."

The next hour was spent resizing and refining some of the items in order to fit together into a device straight from his blueprints.

First up was the base; a hollow metal cylinder with threading for similar-sized objects to be screwed into it. The cylinder was roughly a couple inches tall, with a diameter of three or four inches - it comfortably fit into his hand while he filled it with layers of the other materials on the table.

He took a metal strainer and cut a circle out of the mesh, roughly the same diameter of the cylinder. Taking the mesh circle, he laid it as his base in the cylinder, screwing the hollow cap onto the end of the cylinder to hold the mesh in place. Now, it resembled a short, fat metal cup with a mesh bottom. He just needed to fill it.

Setting the cylinder aside for now, he got to work on the seaweed, carefully scraping it with a fine comb and removing the fibres and laying them into a mesh pattern.

It took him a few hours, but he finally had a surprisingly thick "cloth" of seaweed fibres. Similar to the strainer mesh, he cut a circular portion out of the cloth, ensuring it was slightly larger than the diameter of the cylinder, laying it inside over the strainer mesh and folding the sides up. Next, he took a few wads of cotton, adding it as his next layer.

This went on for a few hours.

Next was a layer of airweed fibres, arranged into a cloth just like he had done with the seaweed.

He took the package of powdered activated charcoal, adding a good amount over the airweed cloth, ensuring it was spread evenly. After that was another layer of airweed cloth to contain the charcoal.

He took another bunch of cotton, rolling it around in and coating it with charcoal. That was the next layer, followed by another layer of airweed cloth, and then another thin layer of cotton. He topped it off with seaweed cloth.

There was another metal cap that screwed onto the top of the cylinder. It was slightly cone shaped, and tapered to a smaller opening. He took the cap, tightly screwing it into the threads of the filled cylinder.

The final part to complete his invention was a one-way air valve, pulled straight from a Patero launcher's air bladder. Using some adhesive, Jokaro attached the valve to the opening in the top cap of the cylinder - a perfect fit. It was positioned so that air could flow only through the bottom of the cylinder, through the mesh, and out through the valve at the top.

After several hours of meticulous busywork, the Po-Matoran stepped back and admired his work.

That right there's one nice filter.

OOC: Oops.

IC Daltrahk

Dratty hot sun, why did the desert have to be so... Desert-y? It would be better if it was dessert-y.

The gunmetal Skakdi slumped to the ground, unsure of what he should do... Head in, into shade and risk being captured by his employer? or sit and bake in this torrent of heat?

One thing or the other.

• Upvote 1

IC:Vordes

Well, lunch was certainly over. That guy was...uncomfortably polite. He was nice, sure, nicest guy she'd ever met, he'd even payed for food despite her objections, but how he spoke made her casual mode of speech seem like one used by a lower-class bum.

To be fair, she pretty much was. She was both homeless and technically unemployed, what counted as a meager wage being her digging up random bits of mineral and rock and selling them to prospectors, forgers and carvers. Sometimes she traded carvings with people, but she was often too embarrassed by her unimpressive art to do so.

Gosh, she felt so out of place. A Ba-Matoran in a land where she had never encountered anyone else of the Gravity element. Sure, she looked like an Onu-Matoran, her significantly different personality, skills, mechanical ineptitude(by comparison) and lack of low light vision made her stand apart from them too. At least from her point of view, she stood out from everyone. Unfortunately, she didn't really have anywhere to go. She wandered into the street, after leaving behind enough widgets for her food anyway. She wondered what else she could do before she was either driven out or simply ran out things to do here.

OOC:Vordes open for interaction, again.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: Farzan (Po-Koro)

"Gangway, coming through" came the sound of a high-pitched voice trying to sound deep and booming (not to forget manly). In the lead before an Ussal with a loaded carriage came I, the brains of the outfit.

I had directed the remark to an Onu-Matoran who seemed to be wandering aimlessly through the streets, and I did not wish to end her just for that by crushng her under my carriage, so I spoke up.

OOC: Farzan interacting with Vordes

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Vordes

It took Vordes a moment to both register that both someone had spoken to her, and then what they had said. When she did so, her head snapped to the side, spotting the man leading his Ussal-pulled carriage. 'Startled' was an understatement. Crying out in surprise, Vordes stumbled back, out of the way.

"Woah, there." Was all she managed to say.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

She huffed with a smile.

"Well, I haven't been many places. Not hard to define something as something I haven't seen, but yeah, pretty...impressive? I think that's what I'm after." She paused.

"I'm Vordes. You?"

Edited by SnowyAegis

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

"Farzan's the name, inventing's the game" I replied in bluster.

The Onu-Matoran didn't look like she had a whole lot of things to be doing, with that observation a plan formed in my head.

Step 1: Take this outcast under your wing1

Step 2: Teach her everything you know

Step 3: Let the apprentice surpass the master

Step 4: Actually, that sounds less awesome now that I lay out in list form

Step 5: Nevermind then

Step 6: ???????

Step 7: PROFIT!?

Step 8: Eh, screw it.

"What brings you to sunny, sunny and sunny Po-Koro?"

-

1: Personally I never got that metaphor, if you're putting someone under your wing, wouldn't they softly butt their had against it everytime they tried to rise above you?

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

She shrugged in response.

"I tend to travel back and forth between here and Onu. Trade's generally better there, but I can see clearly here and there's room to move." She looked over the inventor.

"You? Trade, what?"

OOC: I think it's like pushing them along or something. When they 'rise above' they take off ahead and don't need your support.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

OOC: Of course I know that, Farzan is just being his nutty, internally rambling self who overthinks the simplest things for the sake of overthinking them.  :P

Notice how I was still IC when I wrote it, after all.

"Nah, I work here. The Akiri was in the market for doomsday devices, so he set me up with a workshop and some sweet bling"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Vordes looked down, and nodded before returning her gaze.

"Seems like a sweet deal. Personally I just dig up minerals and stuff and sell them to people." She shrugged again. "Gets me by."

OOC:Ah, misunderstood.

Edited by SnowyAegis

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

IC: Vuth Tantonia

Stone is rough. It is uneven, crude, and ugly. Water can make stone smooth and soft, a collector's item, the play thing of children, but the stone resists the water.

Stone is stubborn. It will dam a river. It will hold back against fire and mudslides. They say that this quality of stone best represents the citizens of Po-Wahi, the Po-Matoran.

Vuth knew both of these things, but he knew another fact of stone: Stone was security. A place for the little creatures to hide under, and the out-cropping where a camp would be set up. And now, he would make it protect him.

He was settled on a plateau some distance away from the village. High and barren of life it was perfect. He would have preferred a cloudy day versus one drenched with sun, but he didn't have command of the weather. Few did.

He set his feet tight against the plateau, and focused on the pile of pebbles ahead of him. Sweat formed an uneven line across his brow as he extended a hand. Move, obey, listen, was the call of his powers.

The pebbles quivered and began their march into the air. One by one, they floated and danced towards Vuth's hand. Surround, protect, seal. They gathered over his hand and began sealing it in a boundary of stone and dust. He coughed slightly and grimaced at the makeshift glove he had made. A little more concentration and...

“....cool.”

The glove had lost the natural cracks of many pebbles gathered together, saving those allowing him movement of his fingers and wrist. Smooth, but not by the power of water, but by the strength of his will and imagination. Just a step in the right direction. A grin grew across his face at the thought of a full suit of armor, made by him, anywhere.

• Upvote 1

IC: Stronin

Home, according to some guy he once met, was where the heart was. Stronin understood the saying of course, but to be honest, beyond the forge back in Ta-koro, there wasn't really anywhere that he truly considered home. So when he had told his erstwhile companions that he was "heading home", he hadn't really known where exactly he was going.

As he continued to glide through the air upon the powers of his Kanohi, the Toa of Iron noticed a solitary figure resting upon a plateau far below. It was a familiar plateau in fact; he remembered (vaguely) the nonsense with the staff occurring there. After the situation had been resolved, he had expected it to fall into disinterest once again, rather than be a place for, well, people to hang around on.

One person, at least.

Probably training.

Stronin cut the power behind his mask, dropping into a landing upon the plateau. Metal rang against rock as his feet crunched against the gravel.

"Yo," he called out, throwing a quick salute. "What brings you out here?"

Vuth had continued adding to his glove, pausing every now and then to admire his handy work. It had “grown” into a sleeve, an armored shell that he was sure could withstand blows from an axe or pick.

A sudden clash of natural against unnatural broke Vuth attention, sending his floating pebbles flying to the ground. He turned his head to the sound to see a blackish Toa drop to the plateau. Flight, he noted of the new Toa. The Toa threw a greeting Vuth's way, along with a question of geography.

Vuth turned slowly to face the Toa. His first analysis of a blackish Toa was correct, but erred on the arms of the being. Old orange, like a mold on a tree, or the nightmares of a miner using expensive equipment; disease or Vuth nodded to the Toa, his emerald eyes focusing on the other Toa's eyes.

“It was deserted. Perfect for....” he glanced at his stony arm and then back at the Toa. “Trying new things. I don't stay too far away from the village though; is this your land?” The villagers of Stone held possessions on the oddest things.

"I don't own anything around here," was the reply, accompanied by an amiable smile. "Just noticed you out -"

He gestured at the sandy expanses that surrounded them. It was empty, desolate and utterly devoid of any life beyond them and a nearby cactus. It was obvious why Stronin had descended. Everyone would be curious about why somebody would be sitting around on an isolated plateau, after all.

"-here, and decided to," he refused to let the smile grow, "drop in."

The Iron Toa hadn't planned on the pun. But he held in his mirth as best as he could.

"So," he continued, eyes glancing at the stone-covered arm. "You're trying to master your powers?"

Vuth followed the Toa's gaze to his armored...arm. He looked at the Toa from the corner of his eye. “I had a dream the other night. It was a peculiar one as well.”

Vuth raised his arm and a stool behind him rose up, which Vuth met mid-squat. He crossed his right leg over his left and folded his hands in his lap. He looked up at the Toa and then looked down. “I was caught in a battle with another being, more powerful than I. I tried to flee, but he constantly trapped me with some new attack. He killed me.”

He glanced up. “As I was dying, he whispered the power of Stone in my ear. A suit of armor. A suit of stone. Protection. And that is why I am out here, in the heat of the day, focusing on pebbles. If I can't move a single pebble to change, this armor is out of reach. This,” he raised his stony arm slightly, “is just the beginning.”

It was Vuth's turn to smile. “The idea, Toa, is not a thin layer of rock like this, a layer of rock that makes me the size of a titan and the strength of a wild herd. Wearing steel may be good now, but dependence on outside strength isn't the end goal.”

Vuth had a plan: Become the strongest Toa of Stone on the island. Stone is everywhere, from the oceans to the jungles to the mountains. The island sits upon stone and earth, and controlling half of that didn't sound too shabby.

“And to your question.....it was fire. Great amount of fire. It was as if a volcano itself had opened up beneath me.” He raised a hand swatted in front of his face, “But it was just a dream, who has such powers?”

Vuth shrugged. "This rock isn't that thick. Testing it would be like stepping on a bug; instant crush." Vuth rose to his feet and shook the stone sleeve off his arm. It crashed into the ground as a pile of rubble. "What is your name, Toa?"

IC: Jokaro

Setting the filter aside for the time being and locking his office, the Po-Matoran took a break after his extended, several-hour endeavour in creating what was to be the first component of his latest bright idea (or so he hoped).

Heading back out onto the streets of the Koro, the Matoran once again roamed around aimlessly, occasionally stopping to scribble some notes down on paper.

He wasn't exactly sure what to do this evening - maybe he'd stop and find somewhere to eat, maybe he'd head home... nothing particularly piqued his interest. Ordinarily he'd go back to work, but he was still waiting on the second shipment of parts from Onu-Koro to arrive.

OOC: Open for interaction

- - - - - - - - - -

IC: Gatanka

With the group seemingly drifting apart after the sudden departure of one 'Jerin,' the Lesterin roamed the island freely once again.

OOC: Gatanka to Le-Wahi

A being of Iron in the land of Stone. Iron was stubborn, but knew when to bend under the heat of pressure, stone, on the other hand, was stubborn beyond belief; it chose a meltdown or shattering before surrender. Vuth pushed his analogies out of his mind as he spoke, "You obviously weren't planning on interrupting my training on this particular plateau at this time of day; where were you headed?"

Vuth turned and looked at the village nestled in the far canyon, then back at Stronin. "Would....would you mind if I tagged along? Travel between Koros isn't safe...not these days." He paused, thought for a second, then spoke again, "It never hurts to travel in groups, anyways."

Vuth nodded. There were dangers traveling in a group as well. People have been stabbed in the back before. Literally. If one was unlucky, you could find their bodies in the desert or on the mountains. "I'm afraid I can't fly, but I think I could keep up by jumping."

Vordes looked down, and nodded before returning her gaze.

"Seems like a sweet deal. Personally I just dig up minerals and stuff and sell them to people." She shrugged again. "Gets me by."

OOC:Ah, misunderstood.

"Freelance mining? Onu-Koro is pretty supportive of that, you know"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Vuth laughed. "This is your village, Stronin, we will have it your way. I will meet you at the bottom of the plateau." He turned on his heel, and his mask glowed slightly. He focused the extra strength into his legs, and with a push! he was into the air, over the edge of the plateau, and sailing towards the floor of the rocky desert.

Vuth wished he could have landed better. Hitting a loose spot of sand and sliding into a bunch of rocks wasn't ideal. But he wasn't hurt much, his ego was probably bleeding out, but beyond a few scratches on his hands, he was okay. He pulled himself to his feet, and glanced up at Stronin, flying down from above. Deny everything, he thought.

Focusing on village, a little harder to see from the ground, he jumped again, power flowing to his legs.

IC:Vordes -- Near the gates, by the sound of it

She shrugged. Again. She did that a lot.

"Yeah, I know. Unless it's great carving stone, that's where I sell my finds. I generally don't hang around long, can hardly see down there. Appreciate the free shelter, though."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Man, the other Toa was using a lot of energy jumping like that. Stronin shook his head, descending to a spot next to where he predicted Vuth's landing would be. It would be unfair on his new companion if he were to fly all the time.

"You could just walk," he said, raising his head to watch the other Toa land.

Vuth hit the ground with a bit more grace than his last attempt. He summoned a small pole of stone to come out of the ground for him to grab, preventing him from flying headfirst into some rocks. "That," the Po-Toa said, after catching his breath, "is probably a very safe and very smart idea."