BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

Zeth rolled his eyes dramatically.

"At this rate you'll drive me completely crazy. I mean, really, you think a guy like me could take down a guy like you?"

He held up his diminutive hands to support his point.

IC: Mesonak

Mesonak sniffed. "Maybe. Hasn't been the first time a Toa pulled a trick out of his - "

IC: Vrina

Vrina shook her head as she heard this and merely took Colx's left arm in hers and leaned against him

"I want to find a place to sit where we can just look over the jungle.:

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Shadowstalker

Looking supremely bored, Shadowstalker walked out of the training center and immediately took to the trees, becoming all but invisible in the foliage.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Colx (Le-Koro)

I almost rolled my eyes, but reined it in before I gave Vrina another excuse to sink her teeth in me. One thing was to take a well deserved break after a workout session. To just sit yourself down somewhere and do next to nothing was a different story. I wasn't excited by the suggestion, because I wasn't one to just sit down without it being warranted.

But at the same time, I couldn't deny that Vrina gave me a bit of incentive, and I couldn't deny that I'd enjoyed just sitting down from time to time and rest my old bones.

"Alright," I said, "let's check out that view"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Vrina smiled as she allowed Colx to lead on and eventually they managed to find a decent bench that looked out over the edge of one of the platforms. As she sat down she leaned against colx and smiled up at him

"I got a question for you and i want an honest answer."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Vrina traced a faint outline on Colx's leg as she seemed to consider her words carefully

"What would you do if i were to die for some reason?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Well, that cut straight to the heart of things, didn't it?

I breathed, like a Tahtorak steed before a big battle, the blood rushing through my veins as I my full attention was grabbed by Vrina's question.

I put my arm around her, sighing.

"Look, Vrina," I said, "people in our line of work, we don't get too attached to each other, because there's no guarantee you'll last very long, and you also might end up working against each other"

"Yes, we're not technically working those professions anymore, but it's marked us for life, there's people in those circles still that know about us."

"And because we've decided to care, to go soft, we're the ones likely to be crushed by the odds"

"I'm not saying I expect us to be axed, but it's a possibility. People with a score to settle, or an old partner with a grudge, or tying up loose ends, you told me you felt like you had nowhere else to turn to, think about what that might mean"

I was dead serious as I looked her in the eyes, my mouth a thin line as I spilled all the beans without hesitation.

"Now, if someone else got to you, I'd kill the in a heartbeat"

"If you went some other way, like a disease or an accident... I don't know. I suppose I'd just hold even tighter to the family I have left"

It wasn't often I used that word, but it certainly applied here, for Vrina wasn't going anywhere if I had something to say about it.

"It's not something I've thought too much about, mostly because I'm a little bit closer to the great dirtnap than you are"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Vrina had a very pensive look on her face as she listened to colx.. It was perhaps a look of astonishment mixed with fear but now as she clutched her arms around him a bit tighter she offered a soft sob

"I am glad to hear you say that.. I know you are older than i but i would still like to take advantage of what time we have... And i want you to know if you died before your time as well I would also seek out the person who did it or embrace what people i have left."

It was obvious she was trying to hold back a tear as she spoke

"This was just something that had occurred to me often for i realized how many i killed and how easily i could become just another number like them.. it scares me a bit."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"Our business has been ugly, Vrina," I said, "and it's not something to be proud of, but not to be ashamed of either"

"We played the odds, and we've made it out, that already makes us better off than a lot of our colleagues. But we have to keep in mind that it's only because someone else decided to care"

I pulled Vrina a little closer, tracing a finger across her cheek as a smile returned to my face.

"For me, that was Helios and Melna, for you, it was me. Maybe I was trying to give to someone else what they gave to me, a second chance"

"I'm just glad you decided to take it"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Vrina smiled thankfully as she laid a hand on Colx's chest and her eyes closed gently

"You know call me crazy but i am glad i took the chance as well."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Shadowstalker swung through the trees, keeping an eye out for beings.

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC Jrahann:

Jrahann slowed to a stop to see Asuno standing before a small, glassy lake covered with dozens of species of floating plants. In the center of the lake was an enormous tree, and on the branches of the tree there were numerous vine-woven, round structures that looked like Rahi nests, but seemed large enough to accommodate Matoran or even larger beings. There were other, clearly artificial structures, like bridges, ladders and rope lines. Hanging over the lake there were several large pods with openings in them for a person to stand in.

"Wow. Any idea how we get up there?"

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

IC:

asuno turned towards one d the pod-like elevators. "This." He stated matter-of-factly. "If you'll be so kind as to step inside, we can be on our way and you'll probably find whatever you're looking for. But if you're there to steal or cause trouble, I'm not picking up for you. I'm here to catch up on current events and gear up. Hopefully someone will be able to serve at least one of those purposes."

He stepped into one of the elevators and waited for his Skakdi companion to follow suit.

OOC: When Jrahann gets in the elevator, we will both be going to the Koro.

Time is my frenemy. So is money.
May the classics never die and may the future find a new set of Toa.

BZPRPG Character

IC Jrahann:

"Don't worry, I won't cause any trouble. Unless someone's really asking for it."

Jrahann stepped from one huge lilypad to another with caution: she was fairly certain they would hold her weight from seeing Asuno cross them, but still the idea of standing on a floating plant unnerved her. She reached the elevator pod and climbed in, careful to stand safely away from the edge. Asuno activated the mechanism to raise the elevator, and with a slight delay as the machinery handled the greater-than-usual load, the Toa and Skadki rose into the village of air.

OOC: Hope it's okay that I mentioned what Asuno was doing; from your OOC I inferred that you're ok with it.

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Shadowstalker landed behind a tree trunk, peeking around the corner. He looked at Le-Koro's elevator's and noticed a couple beings getting into one. He activated his thermal imaging and watched, intrigued.

OOC: Open for interaction.

OOC: No problem, you determined correctly.
IC:

As Asuno and Jrahann rose into the treetop village, Asuno thought he saw movement below. Not much, and he couldn't see anything. Just some disturbed foliage.

Probably nothing serious, he thought to himself. A rahi perhaps.

To be safe, he attempted to activate his Akaku, but to no avail.
Blast! He thought again. I need this replaced. This had better not come back to bite me...

Before long though, they had reached their destination, the sprawling treetop village of Le-Koro.

Asuno stepped out of the elevator onto the creaking wood of the walkway, and beheld numerous beings walking about and engaging in conversation and commerce.

The memory of the village's name returned to the Toa of Sonics.
"Behold," he commanded the Skakdi that had been following him, "Le-Koro!"

He stayed silent, eyes shifting this way and that as he made a decision as to the actions he would take next.

"Now," he uttered, partially to himself, "I've gotta see if someone here has a bit of information or advice as to where I should go next..."

OOC: Open for interaction. Hope people like questions, and I hope the "Akiri" is available.

BZPRPG Character

IC:Shadowstalker

Shadowstalker was mostly sane, but there were a couple things that would divert in his thought processes. Being nearly spotted was one of them. The Skakdi went into another elevator, and hit the button for ascent. He adjusted his helmet's faceplate as he went up.

My Skakdi spine rustled a little as I got more comfortable next to Vrina, grinning at the Toa. The view of the jungle was slowly starting to grow on me, so I wasn't going anywhere.

"I'm glad we had this talk"

OOC:

OOC: Open for interaction. Hope people like questions, and I hope the "Akiri" is available.

Well, they're not interacting, per say, but they're there.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Asuno looked around, and caught sight of two individuals, one was a black-spined Skakdi and the other was a Toa who particularly seemed to be enjoying the Skakdi's company.

Figuring that they had their bearings and the fact that the Skakdi seemed to be armed, he decided that he might as well try and gain some information from them. He hoped he wouldn't ruin their good time, but he had things to do.

He began to walk toward them, seemingly forgetting about Jrahann.
"Ahem!" He cleared his throat loudly, "Uh, excuse me... Uh..." His voice trailed off as he didn't know how to address his intended informant.

Blast it, he thought. "You there! Sir!" He called out.

BZPRPG Character

OOC: Colx actually isn't armed. When's the last time you brought weapons to a couple's retreat? :P

When I looked up, I was met with the tell-tale sight of an anxious Toa with a broken mask, if it weren't for the fact that I'd retired from my previous line of work I could've very easily believed that he was here to get some payback for me restructuring his face with a well-planted fist, not that I didn't completely discard the idea either, he was butting into my business.

I grinded my teeth a little before I answered.

"Yeah, what do you want?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Asuno detected the resentment but now was not the time to recoil due to sensitivity. He halted in front of the Skakdi.

"I'm sorry," he said, "I figured I'm intruding on your business but I'm in some desperate need of information."

He stopped to take a breath.

"I'm here with a Skakdi," he continued as he pointed his thumb back behind him, unaware of Jrahann's whereabouts, "And she's looking for 'civilization' and I am in need of some widgets or a source thereof, a projectile weapon, someone to help me with this amnesia I have, and directions to the closest free mask. Could you be of service?"

BZPRPG Character

IC Jrahann:

Jrahann's first priority was to find water, as her mouth was still full of sea salt and the jungle's humidity had not been especially kind to her. After a minute of navigating the village's platforms and rope bridges, she found what would be called a well if it were at ground level, used to bring water up from the lake and purify it with an ingenious system of vegetation that she didn't care to examine.

After she had satisfied her thirst, Jrahann made her way back to where she had entered the village to find Asuno in conversation with a Skadki and another Toa. She decided to hang back and observe the conversation.

OOC: I made up the water system thing on the spot, let me know if there's a problem with it.

Shadowstalker noticed the Toa from eairlier talking with another Skakdi. He hung back, listening.

From my position on the bench, I craned my neck to spot a female Skakdi watching us intently a little further off. My curiosity was piqued as I pondered for a second whether or not we had ourselves another pair that ran the risk of being different. It was possible, but not very likely.

"If that's what it is he's a brave man" I thought, recalling the last run-in of the sort I had with a female Skakdi, the mark of that little encounter could still be seen on my face.

"If she's looking for civilization she's come to the right place, assuming she agrees that a bunch of airheads with drums and a fascination with talking incoherently passes for civilization" I said.

"I don't know any shrinks, so I can't help you with your amnesia, but you could probably find a weapon in the bazaar, assuming you can navigate that mess"

"As for money and a free mask, get a job, kid" I finished with a bit of a scowl."

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Asuno wasn't too happy with the answers he obtained, but he could hardly fault him for his callousness. I'd probably be pretty miffed if I was with someone pretty and was interrupted, he thought.

"You've been a tremendous help, sir," Asuno replied, with a bit of a bow and a hint of sarcasm.

With his hyper hearing, he detected Jrahann holding back, as well as someone else. He knew his female Skakdi companion wasn't going to kill him-yet- but if he was to have any ill-fated attempt at romance with her, he would probably have to take care of whatever else was eavesdropping on him.

He made an attempt to look back and use his broken Akaku. Sure enough, he succeeded, observing a heavily equipped Skakdi with gunmetal armor and a tinted faceplate.

When a Skakdi something has a faceplate, Asuno thought to himself, that must mean something's up.

He raised his hands slightly, and generated a bubble of silence, whereby only Jrahann and Colx could hear what he said.

"Jrahann, you may want to get low and prepare yourself," he informed her. He then spoke to Colx. "Sir, there is a Skakdi with a faceplate stalking me. I believe I may have seen it before, when I was in the elevator coming up." He leaned in. "I may need your assistance."

BZPRPG Character

As soon as he was sighted, the Skakdi leaped straight off of the platform. As he plummeted, he flicked out the talons on his mechanical arm and stabbed them into a tree trunk. As soon as he got to a stop, he got some better footing and began climbing upward silently. Normally, Shadowstalker would've run away, but he was supremely bored, and this Toa seemed interesting to watch.

IC:
Whatever this Skakdi thought was silent wasn't by very much.

The intense hearing of a Toa of Sonics was extremely impressive, and while Asuno bore less intensity, he could still focus and hear the cracking of wood and the impact of the blades. He spun around and ran, yelling "Come on!", bordering on order for Jrahann, but a mere invitation for Colx.

He pulled his twin Tuner Blades from their sheaths and stopped at the edge of the platform. He listened intently, waiting for the telltale crackle of metal piercing wood. He then located the stalker.

"You're mine," he muttered.

He spread the swords apart, and then smacked them, flat side, headlong into each other.

A deafening pulse was emitted.

BZPRPG Character

Shadowstalker had made a grave error. He should've recognized that that was a De-Toa. As the pulse struck him, he lost grip. His talons syaed in for a moment, giving him enough time to clumsily grab on again. He stayed there for a moment, allowing hearing to return to him, and then began to acend acrobatically, pulling a throwing knife out of his belt.

IC:

Asuno saw the belligerent Skakdi fall to the pulse he made, but he knew it wasn't down for the count yet. He combined his Tuner Blades into the Great Tuner Blade, and braced himself.

Seeing his opponent scale the tree and arm himself, he raised the Great Tuner Blade and began to channel his power through it.

"If anyone wants to back me up, you know you're action would be quite welcomed!" He shouted, partially infusing his voice with power.

BZPRPG Character

IC Jrahann:

Caught unprepared by the sonic blast, Jrahann fell sideways and roared in pain. "WHAT THE RAHK, ASUNO?!" Only half returned to her senses, she stood and then rushed at Asuno like a leaping Muaka, sai upraised.

OOC: Edit: Ninja'd, let's say Jrahann would reach Asuno at the moment he finishes speaking.

Edited by Akavakaku

OOC: Got it.

IC:

Asuno turned his head to see Jrahann rushing at him. Blast! He thought, she didn't see the stalker!

He disconnected his blades, and raised one in preparedness of the expected attack from the stalker, and the other to (hopefully) parry Jrahann should she attack him in a blind rage.

With two attackers, though, he'd be sorely outmatched, especially since they were both a vicious species.

His bigger problem was that one of them he didn't want to hurt.

BZPRPG Character

Shadowstalker grinned behind the tinted faceplate. Wasn't the first time unexpected things happened that were useful to him. He leaped off the tree, catching onto a cable attached to a rising elevator, and readied his throwing knife.

IC Jrahann:

Not expecting to meet an armed defense, Jrahann hit Asuno's blade solidly and bounced back, staggering to the side. Her desire to attack had abated, but her anger hadn't. "What the rahk, Asuno?!" she repeated, spines bristling and teeth stretched into a grimace.

IC:

"Stalker! On the vines! Help me for Mata Nui's sake!" Asuno roared, bracing for whatever was about to come.

The Skakdi looked like he had a myriad of weapons, but the tension of battle brought a new feeling to Asuno.
He was beginning to feel like he had the hang of this again.

Some memories flooded back. Some of technique, others that weren't relevant.

"Brace yourself!" He growled at Jrahann. He began charging Sonic energy up.

BZPRPG Character

Shadowstalker noticed teh Toa's actions. Eyes concentrated, clenched fists, single center of attention... It all added up to one thing. Shadowstalker hurled himself forward in a movement reminicent of a lunging Muaka cat, he twirled and threw the knife with uncanny accuracy at the Toa's mask, hoping to split it down the center.

OOC: Wow.

IC: Barely catching the blur of the knife being thrown, Asuno forced his blades to resonate. He swung them, deflecting it from his mask, spun on his heel, and used his other heel to stop his momentum. He brought the point of his swords up, facing his attacker.
"Let's see his momentum handle this!" He screamed, and cackled, bringing to bear the power of sound.

BZPRPG Character

OOC: What do you mean by that? If you mean that was a cool move, thanks.

Shadowstalker somehow twisted his body to avoid most of the damage, but the swords give him a nasty gash in one of teh fingers of his mechanical arm. He unsheathed his sword.