Talk about Legends

The Lorax

• 3 weeks later...

OOC: Looks like heroic last stand time.

IC (Skald):

Skald strode over to Turano and helped him up,

"Though the dawn is cruel this morning, we must fight on. We may fall in battle, but is there any better way to die than defending peace till the end?"

Edit: Whoops, ninjad by Geardirector.

There won't be any last stand hereabouts, my friend. You're all my puppets now.

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Yeah, pretty much. Spellbinder is mind-controlling the empty shell of the Great Spirit now, so unless you have a convenient moon to throw at her, there isn't much hope of anyone ever defeating her. In fact, even a moon wouldn't do it. It would destroy the robot, but since Spelly is just controlling it, not possessing it, she would still be perfectly fine.

With both the Great Spirit's power and unlimited mental power to control/crush the minds of a whole city at once, this really is a total victory. There's no point even creating City of Legends 2: The Resistance, because Spellbinder could see any thought of rebellion long before anyone could even act on it.

So yeah, a big thanks to everyone who played this. It's been a blast. Feel free to make a last wrap-up post for your characters or describing their reactions just before their minds get eaten. Thanks especially to Falcon Lord for being game staff, to Geardirector for cleverly pulling off that apocalyptic ending, and to Zakaro for handling the Dark Hunter faction as Lariska, even though I threw you into it without warning. You have all made GMing this game a wonderful experience, and I thank you for your creativity, your excellent roleplaying and your commitment in sticking with this game through to the end. This is the only surviving game from contest 29, and that is something for us all to be proud of.

So, this is The Lorax signing off, about to make my final IC. May the Great Spirit watch over you all.

EDIT in light of the most recent post:

Canis, no. The GSR is a machine, and like the vahki, its powers cannot be copied. I've thought this through, and the finale is airtight, even against Vezok's power, which I'm starting to regret approving. Spellbinder is not holding the power, she is just driving the machine, so copying her powers won't work. The same goes for trying to take her Nui Stone enhancement. Vezok can copy her element, but he would only get the ordinary toa level, not the big guns. Even with tat, he still gets crushed like everyone else. That's my in-universe logic for denying you this.

Out-of-universe, it isn't fair for you to take this away when there have been others plotting for a long time and carefully roleplaying themselves into position for this moment, just because your character has a certain ability (that doesn't actually work for the situation). This had always been the way RPGs have worked - what you put into a plot goes along with what you get out. And finally, you just auto-hit all karzhani out of another person's character without prior permission.

The post is void. Please edit it and put in something more appropriate.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

A fun game indeed, yes. :)

Was the ending morbid? Sure, but that's how things just went.

And yeah, no hope for a CoL2, unless someone randomly mutates to be completely immune to Psionic Powers in all way, shapes, and forms, so sadly that wouldn't work. xD

I'm not gonna have a finisher for Avak or Galoli, just assume they were assimilated into the horde. :P

All Hail Queen Spellbinder, of the Universe and it itself. :P

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.