• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Talk about Legends

City of Legends Discussion Topic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

#81 Offline Falcon Lord

Falcon Lord
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 506 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2014 - 04:29 PM

Ok, wasn't sure about that. I'll change it.

Yes, I did mean Ko-Metru :P 

#82 Offline Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,256 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 22 2014 - 05:23 PM

Would it be plausible to have have Helios escape Avak's cage by using a Shrink Kanoka on himself? It doesn't act on the actual prison.

#83 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,232 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 22 2014 - 06:11 PM

Probably not. The prison could be adjusted to have smaller gaps, after all. The best way to go, I think, would be to affect Avak himself. If he loses concentration, the prison vanishes.

#84 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 22 2014 - 06:20 PM

Actually, Vezok, as he is the one that created the prison.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#85 Online Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,235 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 22 2014 - 06:29 PM

Avak's digging a way out, completely oblivious to anything else that's going on. :P

Zakaro

journeybannerv2.jpg

The Journey begins! Feel free to join as the quest starts out.  ^_^

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

#86 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,232 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 22 2014 - 06:38 PM

Whoops, my mistake. Nevertheless, it would work on Avak too.

#87 Offline Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,256 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2014 - 07:25 PM

OOC: Looks like heroic last stand time.

IC (Skald):

Skald strode over to Turano and helped him up,

"Though the dawn is cruel this morning, we must fight on. We may fall in battle, but is there any better way to die than defending peace till the end?"

Edit: Whoops, ninjad by Geardirector.

There won't be any last stand hereabouts, my friend. You're all my puppets now.

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

#88 Offline Falcon Lord

Falcon Lord
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 506 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2014 - 08:18 PM

Too bad, don't you know? That's the best part.

Edited by Falcon Lord, Feb 06 2014 - 08:18 PM.

#89 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,232 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2014 - 09:56 PM

Yeah, pretty much. Spellbinder is mind-controlling the empty shell of the Great Spirit now, so unless you have a convenient moon to throw at her, there isn't much hope of anyone ever defeating her. In fact, even a moon wouldn't do it. It would destroy the robot, but since Spelly is just controlling it, not possessing it, she would still be perfectly fine.

With both the Great Spirit's power and unlimited mental power to control/crush the minds of a whole city at once, this really is a total victory. There's no point even creating City of Legends 2: The Resistance, because Spellbinder could see any thought of rebellion long before anyone could even act on it.

So yeah, a big thanks to everyone who played this. It's been a blast. Feel free to make a last wrap-up post for your characters or describing their reactions just before their minds get eaten. Thanks especially to Falcon Lord for being game staff, to Geardirector for cleverly pulling off that apocalyptic ending, and to Zakaro for handling the Dark Hunter faction as Lariska, even though I threw you into it without warning. You have all made GMing this game a wonderful experience, and I thank you for your creativity, your excellent roleplaying and your commitment in sticking with this game through to the end. This is the only surviving game from contest 29, and that is something for us all to be proud of.

So, this is The Lorax signing off, about to make my final IC. May the Great Spirit watch over you all.

EDIT in light of the most recent post:

Canis, no. The GSR is a machine, and like the vahki, its powers cannot be copied. I've thought this through, and the finale is airtight, even against Vezok's power, which I'm starting to regret approving. Spellbinder is not holding the power, she is just driving the machine, so copying her powers won't work. The same goes for trying to take her Nui Stone enhancement. Vezok can copy her element, but he would only get the ordinary toa level, not the big guns. Even with tat, he still gets crushed like everyone else. That's my in-universe logic for denying you this.

Out-of-universe, it isn't fair for you to take this away when there have been others plotting for a long time and carefully roleplaying themselves into position for this moment, just because your character has a certain ability (that doesn't actually work for the situation). This had always been the way RPGs have worked - what you put into a plot goes along with what you get out. And finally, you just auto-hit all karzhani out of another person's character without prior permission.

The post is void. Please edit it and put in something more appropriate.

Edited by The Lorax, Feb 06 2014 - 09:57 PM.

#90 Offline Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,256 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2014 - 11:55 PM

It was nothing short of an honor, my friends.

All hail Spellbinder.

#91 Offline Falcon Lord

Falcon Lord
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 506 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2014 - 06:14 AM

Thank you, it was an honour both playing and game-staffing.

Also, I hate to say it but, All hail Spellbinder.

#92 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2014 - 07:26 AM

This has been a really fun game, but I don't beliee there is room for a sequel.

Yeah, I didn't think the Vezon thing could even work.

All hail Spellbinder.

Edited by Canis Lycaon, Feb 07 2014 - 07:28 AM.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#93 Online Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,235 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2014 - 04:06 PM

A fun game indeed, yes. :) 

Was the ending morbid? Sure, but that's how things just went. 

And yeah, no hope for a CoL2, unless someone randomly mutates to be completely immune to Psionic Powers in all way, shapes, and forms, so sadly that wouldn't work. xD

I'm not gonna have a finisher for Avak or Galoli, just assume they were assimilated into the horde. :P

All Hail Queen Spellbinder, of the Universe and it itself. :P

Zakaro

journeybannerv2.jpg

The Journey begins! Feel free to join as the quest starts out.  ^_^

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

#94 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2014 - 04:28 PM

Well, Iralia does have the mask of adaptation, which could give her complete Psionics Protection, but I'm going to have her kill herself, so...

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users