Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!


Photo

City of Legends

City of Legends Gameplay Topic

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
301 replies to this topic

#121 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,032 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 11 2013 - 01:38 AM

OOC: Fine by me. You're still free to control him and the Vahki as you wish. I originally said the squad that responded were Nuurahk, but if you want Bordahk, I guess they must have brought friends.

 

IC (Hatann and Catapult Scorpion): It took a moment for Hatann to realise just how bad a situation he had placed himself in. He was fighting a toa of water while standing ankle-deep in the stuff. The arena was entirely at her command. What had he been doing with lasers when he should have been finding dry ground? The wave rose up and covered him before he could do a thing about it, and then it froze solid with him trapped inside.

 

Cold! It was nearly as bad as before when the Toa had almost shattered his stone body, except this time he couldn't move around to ward it off. Every part of his surface was pressed up against ice, and losing heat at an astounding rate. If they left him here for too long, he was going to die of it. Even before that though, he needed to breathe. Lasers flicked out of his eyes again, melting the ice around his face. It dripped away and he was able to take a series of shuddering breaths. Once he had access to air, he didn't dare fire any more lasers to free his body. In his current position, he was more or less at the Toas' mercy, and he didn't want to provoke them further.

 

Hearing Majah's command, half of the Vahki peeled off from their squad-mates attacking the Catapult scorpion and came to stand by her side, staffs pointed at Hatann, ready to attack. The eight of them did not fire yet, having analysed the situation and determined that Toa to have things under control for the moment. With the prisoner compliant, they waited for further instructions or a change of circumstances.

 

The Vahki dealing with the catapult scorpion, on the other hand, didn't have such an easy time of it. The Bordakh's staffs of loyalty were trying to enforce a concept that didn't naturally exist in the rahi's mind, and while the Nuurakhs' staffs of command succeeded in slowing it down a little, they had been designed to work on the minds of Matoran, rather than arachnids. The huge animal lashed out at them and swing wildly with its pincers. The vahki were quick and nimble, however, and were normally able to dart around its heavy blows. Two weren't so lucky and were reduced to scrap metal. Before long, though, the vahki had been able to regroup and adopt a better tactic. They stood well back from it and fired volleys of kanoka, then scattered in all directions when the rahi charged at them, only to regroup in another place and fire again. Freeze and weaken disks were slowly taking their toll and the rahi's movements became sluggish. Only hatred was keeping it on its feet now. 


  • 0

citd_small.jpg


#122 Offline Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

  • 3,155 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 07:08 AM

IC: Zorvon (Ga-Metru)

 

Zorvon soon saw the body of Vhisola break the water, he didn't waste any time pulling her up, before he grabbed his launcher and dove back into the water. Lhikan would have to take care of Vhisola.

 

As he broke the water he chucked another ball of plasma into the depths, seeing the hot gas leave a frothing stream of vapor bubbles as it lighted up the area.

 

There. Turano was frightfully close to the fish, its teeth already far too close for comfort.

 

He switched to his Akaku, aimed, and a fired level 5 freeze disk aimed at the monster's jaws

 

IC: Crewo (Dark Hunter HQ)

 

Crewo nodded in confirmation, and quickly fell into step behind Lariska.


Edited by Dr. O, Dec 12 2013 - 07:08 AM.

  • 0

#123 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,032 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 01:52 PM

GM IC: Zorvon's aim was true, and the disk struck the rows of huge teeth, encasing them in ice and sealing the monster's jaw open. In the cold water, even a medium-level freeze disk could create a thick sheet of ice.

 

The fish shook its had violently, and a few cracks began to form in the ice, but it held for now. The deep-dweller wouldn't be able to eat anyone until it broke through.


  • 0

citd_small.jpg


#124 Offline Falcon Lord

Falcon Lord
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

  • 497 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 02:10 PM

IC:

Skald, seeing the ice cover the monster's jaws, activated his elemental powers. The began to spread as Skald manipulated it to cover more and more of the beast's head.

  • 0
_______________________________________BZPRPG Profiles___________________________________________

#125 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,032 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 02:33 PM

GM IC: With the ice expanding over its head and quickly moving down its back, the dweller in the deep felt the weight of it, which only increased as more and more froze over. The ice was squeezing its head too, since the seawater expanded as it froze. It beat its front fins madly at the ice before the deep freeze moved down and encased and immobilised their joints. With only its tail left to it, the huge rahi speed away, heading towards a real undersea cliffface. It never flinched away, but drove into it with all its strength. The ice pressing inwards on its head was shattered, and the fish knocked out cold. It body drifted to the ocean floor and lay still.


  • 0

citd_small.jpg


#126 Offline Falcon Lord

Falcon Lord
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

  • 497 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 03:29 PM

IC:

Skald smiled grimly and then swam towards the surface. He burst through the water and stepped onto the beach panting,

"The big fish is out of the fight, how is Vhisola?"

  • 0
_______________________________________BZPRPG Profiles___________________________________________

#127 Offline Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

  • 3,155 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 03:32 PM

IC: Zorvon (Protodermis Sea)

 

Zorvon, in the meantime descended deeper into the water, reaching out for Turano's arm and pulling to get his attention, and some upward momentum


  • 0

#128 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,032 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 04:58 PM

IC (Turano): Turano's arm remained floppy and unresponsive when the other Toa tugged on it. He just floated there, moving when Zorvon pulled him, but no more.


  • 0

citd_small.jpg


#129 Offline Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

  • 3,155 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 05:02 PM

IC: Zorvon (Protodermis Sea)

 

Zorvon's instinct kicked in instantaneously, and he grabbed Turano around his torso, switching to his Calix as he raced to drag the rather heavy Fe-Toa up into fresh air.


  • 0

#130 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,032 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2013 - 04:58 AM

GM IC / IC (Turano): When the last two reached the surface, Vhisola had already been pulled out, and seemed to be doing well. her Ga-matoran abilities had stood her in good stead for this type of challenge. Three pairs of hands seized Zorvon and Turano and pulled them up onto dry ground.

 

Lhikan flipped the Toa of iron over onto his stomach and a small puddle of water formed underneath him, draining out from his mouth and nose. He coughed weakly a couple of times, and his eyes fluttered open. He coughed again, bringing up a little more water, then began taking in the air in great gasps.


  • 0

citd_small.jpg


#131 Offline Falcon Lord

Falcon Lord
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

  • 497 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2013 - 05:30 AM

IC:

Skald turned to Lhikan, his eyes had narrowed,

"Might want to reactivate that Suletu of yours Lhikan, I've got a couple of things to say."

  • 0
_______________________________________BZPRPG Profiles___________________________________________

#132 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,032 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2013 - 05:39 AM

IC (Lhikan, Turano): Most of Lhikan's attention was on Turano rather than Skald at that moment, since the Toa had appeared close to death. Now that he was sitting up and appeared to be recovering well, however, the Toa of fire was able to spare some attention. He did as the Toa of ice asked.


  • 0

citd_small.jpg


#133 Offline Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

  • 3,155 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2013 - 06:10 AM

IC: Zorvon (Ga-Metru)

 

Zorvon reclined against a grimy rock as he caught his breath again, nodding in agreement upon hearing Skald's demand.

 

"So... what was it you wanted to say?" he asked across the reestablished mental link.

 

IC: Helios (Knowledge Towers)

 

The wind, whistling through the crystal peaks, was the only sound Helios could hear high up on one of the monolithic institutions of knowledge that Ko-Metru was so famous for.

 

He was standing in a scholar’s chamber, by the edge of one of the characteristic balconies that were lightly strewn across the towers, surveying the area with his curios and observant gaze, simultaneously scouting for Dark Hunters and pursuing personal contemplations.

 

For a Toa like him, Metru Nui was the pinnacle of Matoran civilization, their jewel in the crown, built by a society that valued hard work and honesty, values he himself regard highly.

 

It was such a pity, then, that such a beautiful city was now tainted with the marks of war.

 

These Dark Hunters were nothing but a rabble of common criminals as far as he was concerned, undisciplined, immoral, the trash of society. If it was his duty to fight this scum, he would be happy to do so.

 

His gaze flicked to the walls of another knowledge tower a little further off, drawn by what he thought was enemy movement. It turned out to be the quick, fleeting glimpse of a Vahki Keerahk as it too surveyed the knowledge towers for hostiles.

 

He smiled, the Vahki were rather unpleasant to look at, true, but it was clear enough that they were every bit as effective as he’d been told. Keerahk in particular seemed like a Vahki after his own heart; impeccably stealthy and quiet, and with influence over its opponent’s state of mind, it was easily the best choice of Vahki for a Metru of thinkers and philosophers, somewhat like himself.

 

Firmly seated in his left eyehole was his artificial eyepiece, zooming in on and studying anything that caught his fancy, which was currently the clouds above, it looked like the weather was holding.

 

He smiled.

 

OOC: Dramaracx, here's someone to interact with if you wish.


Edited by Dr. O, Dec 13 2013 - 06:13 AM.

  • 0

#134 Offline Falcon Lord

Falcon Lord
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

  • 497 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2013 - 06:22 AM

IC:

Why were we going in there blind!? That thing could have killed any one of us and we didn't know anything about it before hand.

Skald then stood up, he switched to his Akaku and scanned the area for any more surprises.

  • 0

#135 Offline Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

  • 3,155 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2013 - 06:28 AM

IC: Zorvon (Ga-Metru)

 

"Vhisola didn't know, she would've told us if she did, probably" Zorvon retorted.

 

"Even then, there's only so much you can do to prepare for dealings with giant, murderous fish"

 

He had already scoped out the area with his own Akaku several times over before they arrived, but he approved of Skald's alertness, you could be too careful, but you could also be too careless.

 

"Besides, did you know that it was secretly a sleeping fish? As far as all of us could tell it looked like a perfectly real cliff"


  • 0

#136 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,032 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2013 - 01:50 PM

GM IC: "I'm sorry" Vhisola said, cowed by the Toa of ice's outburst. "I really didn't know. It was dark and it just looked like a pile of stones."

 

"It's all right, Vhisola, you've done well" Lhikan said comfortingly. "Nobody else saw  the fish either, even those with akakus". He looked pointedly at Skald. "I don't think anyone can blame you for what happened. The legend says that the Great Disks are hidden so that only Toa would be able to retrieve them, and now I am beginning to see why. We might expect more of this when we retrieve the other disks. Danger and unexpected circumstances we can deal with. We're Toa after all, and that's what we do. Your job was to show us the way, and at that you did admirably.

 

"We'll leave here now" he announced. "Zorvon, you can take the disk. You brought it out, after all, and you have the launcher to use it. We'll head back into Ta-Metru, where we'll meet Nuhrii, who is currently working to produce masks. Vhisola, you'll be able to return to the Coliseum. Everybody ready? Good, let's go."


  • 0

citd_small.jpg


#137 Offline Falcon Lord

Falcon Lord
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

  • 497 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2013 - 03:36 PM

IC:

As they walked Skald turned to Vhisola,

"I am sorry for my outburst, as Lhiakn said, you did admirably in guiding us." He thought to her, "I have lived long and... Sometimes I must control my temper."

  • 0
_______________________________________BZPRPG Profiles___________________________________________

#138 Offline Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

  • 3,155 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2013 - 03:48 PM

IC: Zorvon (Ga-Metru)

 

Zorvon returned Lhikan's gesture with a dignified, almost regal nod. Tucking the disk away safely in his pack in a seperate pocket from the others. He fell into step with the others, listening in on the conversation, but currently not speaking himself.


  • 0

#139 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,205 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2013 - 05:04 PM

IC: Lariska (Po-Metru)

"I presume both of you are familiar with the Toa Lhikan and Nidhiki? Good," Lariska began, eyes glancing around her surroundings.

"This mission is simple: Due to sensitive intelligence discovered by Ancient, we are to kidnap them, dead or alive, in order to retrieve something that could win us this war. Any questions?"

Zakaro


  • 0

journeybannerv2.jpg

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

 

 


#140 Offline Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

  • 3,155 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2013 - 05:07 PM

IC: Crewo (Dark Hunter HQ)

 

"Where, how, when?"

 

IC: Helios (Le-Metru)

 

Helios had covered his shift, and was on his way back to the Coliseum in order to take a short rest before he recieved a new assignment. He walked through the bustling streets of Le-Metru, observing the Matoran hard at work, listening in on the reassuring monotone of the war machinery that assured him that the city was still functioning despite the recent hard times.

 

"It is good to know that the people of Metru Nui are still willing to fight for their home" he said to himself as he neared the Coliesum with every turn he took.

 

He suddenly caught notice of a Toa of Plasma a little further down the road, wasting no time with approaching her, he called out.

 

"Greetings, sister, how goes the day?"


  • 0

#141 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,032 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2013 - 05:21 PM

IC (Dekuna): On the next knowledge tower over from Helios, Dekuna was also sitting hunched over, watching all around for signs of trouble. Le-Metru yesterday, Ko-Metru today, there was no telling where he would be assigned next. It wasn't greatly exciting work, but Ko-Metru was quiet today. That meant his odds of surviving the shift weer pretty good.

 

Behind him, a team of Ko-matoran scholars stood behind him, huddled around a telescope. They worked in silence, utterly focused on their task. If their work yielded any results, they might save as many lives as all the Toa of the Mangai Nui. The Toa of sonics did not disturb them. He just say very still and closed his eyes. he didn't need them to stand watch anyway. His ears could paint him a picture that was just as clear. Every movement made a sound, and even the still forms of the knowledge towers stood out like pillars to his sonar.

 

Sound. Movement. A quick succession of clicks and scrapes heralded the arrival of a keerakh, and in response their was another movement on another tower. He zeroed in on it using the lens on his mask, and discovered that it had not been a startled Dark hunter, but another sentry like himself. Looking to break up the monotony, Dekuna raised a finger to point at the toa, and from it he sent a focused stream of sound. It was quiet, barely louder than a whisper, and aimed right into Helios' ear so that only he would be able to hear it.

 

"Toa Dekuna, sentry on tower 11" he began. "The area looks clean to me. Do you have anything to share?"

 

OOC: Whoops, I've been ninja'd again. Ignore this.

 

GM IC (Vhisola): "Since when do Toa of ice have tempers?" Vhisola asked. "No, don't worry about that: I get it. Ever since I learned I'd need to come out here as a guide, maybe walking into the hands of the Hunters, maybe to see Toa die trying to get something we don't really understand, like your friend almost did... I've been sick with fear and apprehension. You Toa do this every day, and I can't even imagine what the pressure of that might be like. You came here to save us because you wanted to, not because you had to. In the face of that, a little bit of temper doesn't matter so much. You're a hero of the city. We owe you that much at least."

 

IC (Karorahk): "The 'where' is the Coliseum" Karorahk suggested. "That's where they both live and control the army, right?"


Edited by The Lorax, Dec 13 2013 - 05:24 PM.

  • 0

citd_small.jpg


#142 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

  • 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2013 - 05:29 PM

OOC:

Lorax, Avak and Vezok could use some interaction and you could have Dekuna do it.

 

IC: Iralia

"Well, I was following a trail and found out it was just a Toa. Then, I heard some screaming to see a Rahkshi standing over a dead Toa. I began to fight it with the Toa I found, and another Toa showed up. Then, two more Rakshi came, and we fought. They eventually flew away."

 

Iralia looked at the Toa. Element looked like Gravity, was wearing a Hau.

 

"The Rahkshi had two Kraata Powers each. By the way, I'm Iralia."


  • 0

I used to have a banner here.

 

But that RPG is dead.

 

What now?


#143 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,205 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2013 - 05:29 PM

IC: Lariska (Po-Metru)

"With luck, yes, at least one will be there. With better luck, they'll be patrolling, all we need to do is figure out which. As for how, and when: However we can, and whenever we find them. Sadly, I don't have the schedules of the Toa. Ancient might, the ever-watcher. Shall we go ask, or simply head for the Coliseum?"

Zakaro


  • 0

journeybannerv2.jpg

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

 

 


#144 Offline Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

  • 3,155 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2013 - 05:39 PM

IC: Helios (Le-Metru)

 

"Busy day, I gather?" Helios replied, "my own has been rather slow, regrettably. I was hoping for a chance to face the Hunters in battle"

 

Helios sighed, throwing a glance at the knowledge towers still visible in the distance.

 

"I would've liked that" he admitted, almost as an afterthought, before his face suddenly lit up.

 

"But where are my manners," he continued, "The name is Helios"

 

IC: Crewo (Dark Hunter HQ)

 

"It would be to our advantage to gather what informaton we can"


Edited by Dr. O, Dec 13 2013 - 06:01 PM.

  • 0

#145 Offline Falcon Lord

Falcon Lord
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

  • 497 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2013 - 08:13 PM

IC:

 

Thank you for understanding that. I am an old fool these days.

 

Skald then gave a slight smile and continued to walk forward.


  • 0
_______________________________________BZPRPG Profiles___________________________________________

#146 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,032 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2013 - 08:39 PM

GM IC: The team arrived back at the chute that had brought them there, and further opportunity for conversation was lost in the rushing fluid. It took them back to the centre of Ta-Metru, where Vhisola waved the team goodbye and boarded a chute to the Coliseum. The Toa took their own chute, with Lhikan leading them south this time. They were only about halfway to the station, however, before the Toa of fire caught hold of a support and used it to swing himself out of the chute and into the open air outside. In a second, his swords were combined underneath his feet to form a hoverboard, and he was surfing his way down to the ground. For the first time since the mission began, he cracked a smile.

 

Lhikan's destination was a mid-sized foundry. A sign over the door proclaimed that it belonged to Nuhrii. Inside, the Toa would find the Matoran they sought surrounded by a team of sweating Po-matoran, each learning the mask-making trade from him, since they could no longer work in their native metru.

"Lower the temperature a bit there, Bour" Nuhrii called to one of them. "Podu, those disks are hot enough now. You can pour them into the mold."

 

"Excuse me" Lhikan said, poking his head in through the door and knocking lightly on it a couple of times. "Nuhrii, could I borrow you for a minute? I assume you got Dume's message. All going well, we shouldn't be too long, and your apprentices seem to be doing well enough to keep on without your supervision for a time."

 

"Yes, of course, Toa Lhikan" Nuhrii replied. He gave out a few final instructions to the Po-Matoran and ducked outside.

 

IC (Turano): Turano's head was elsewhere when Lhikan made his sudden exit, so by the time he could get out of the chute, he was past Lhikan by quite a way. Though he grew stronger with each new breath of air he took, he was still relying heavily on the endurance that came with his element. Once he was outside the chute and falling, he used his mask to copy the power of the hoi turtle and gently glided down to join the others.


  • 0

citd_small.jpg


#147 Offline Falcon Lord

Falcon Lord
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

  • 497 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2013 - 08:59 PM

IC:

Skald looked relieved at the fact they were not going in the foundry, the heat of Ta-Metru appeared to be annoying him greatly,

"Where to next? He thought to Nuhrii and the others.

  • 0
_______________________________________BZPRPG Profiles___________________________________________

#148 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,032 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 14 2013 - 12:00 AM

GM IC: "The fire pits" Nuhrii answered. "I've never actually been down there, I've only seen it from the top. Follow me." So saying, he adjusted his ruru and bustled off, leaving the Toa behind in his wake. He walked quickly and surely, like he was proud to be performing this service to his city and couldn't wait to get there.


  • 0

citd_small.jpg


#149 Offline Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

  • 3,155 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 14 2013 - 02:49 AM

IC: Zorvon (Ta-Metru)

 

Zorvon had opted for a pair of plasma jets through his hands in order to slow his descent. It hadn't completely according to plan (hard to steer), but he was there, and ready to get to work.

 

"If we're diving into fire pits this time, I suppose I'll have to go first" He said, with a hint of sarcasm.


  • 0

#150 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,032 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 14 2013 - 04:06 AM

GM IC: "You and me" Lhikan agreed with him. "We'll best be able to deal with the heat, and whatever other obstacles we encounter".

 

They were passing by the protodermis reclamation yard, and Nuhrii was still ploughing on ahead, eyes fixed on the roads ahead to the exclusion of all else. Turano, however, stopped them.

"Just a moment" the Toa of iron said. He was looking wearier with each step they took, but even while his back slumped, his eyes remained alight with interest and determination. "The stuff in there's just rubbish, right? Nobody uses it for anything, so they wouldn't mind if I used a bit? Or a lot?"

 

"No, it's useless all right" Nuhrii confirmed. "All the miscast masks and broken tools get sent here to be melted down and recycled. To be honest, it just uses up space in our furnaces when we can get liquid protodermis just as cheaply from Ga-Metru. You'd even be doing us a favour by taking some of this junk off our hands."

 

"Well, you heard him" Lhikan said. "Go ahead. What are you going to do with it though?"

 

Turano didn't answer, he just shambled into the yard and raised his arm. From all across the yard, metal items began to rise into the air and move towards him, as if drawn by a huge magnet. Tools, disks, masks, weapons, nails, beams, cogs and more all flew towards him in a shining stream of metal. Whenever an object reached his palm, it seemed to liquefy and run together before being drawn into his arm like water being drained from a sink. He kept on absorbing metal for over a minute, by which time he had exhausted half the yard.

 

"Energy" he answered Lhikan. "Ga-Metru took a fair bit out of me - " though that was, of course, putting it mildly " - but by converting all of that metal back to elemental energy in my body, I can run off that if I need to. With that much metal, I'm just about back at my peak. An elemental hit like this is no substitute for a good night's rest, but I'm not going to be a liability to the team like I would be if I was barely on my feet. I'm done now, so can we keep going? it's getting uncomfortably hot."

 

"Fine" Lhikan agreed, and Nuhrii was off again, acting as if the stop had never happened. It wasn't long before they arrived at the place that provided the heat for half the fires in Ta-Metru, the fire pits themselves. Nuhrii took out a short iron key and unlocked the gate, leading all of them into the geyser field.

 

"You want that one down there" Nuhrii instructed, pointing to a large pit near the middle of the fenced-off area. As if to emphasize his point, a huge sheet of flame erupted from the pit and assaulted them all with a searing wave of heat. The fire roared for a few seconds before its upward reach faltered and it fell back down into the pit, smoldering fiercely and waiting for another surge of fuel and heat. 


  • 0

citd_small.jpg


#151 Offline Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

  • 3,155 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 14 2013 - 04:19 AM

IC: Zorvon (Ta-Metru Foundry)

 

"Right," Zorvon agreed, "and before I forget. Nuhrii, anything else we need to know, any monsters hiding out down there or the like?"


  • 0

#152 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,032 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 14 2013 - 04:48 AM

GM IC: Nuhrii just shrugged. "No idea, sorry" he replied. "I've only ever just looked down and seen the disk. I haven't even been able to see all of the bottom of the pit. There could be anything down there."

 

"Well, thanks for the warning" Lhikan told him, before marching out into the geyser field. Burning coals littered the ground, but where the Toa Mangai of fire went, the flames bent aside and allowed him safe passage, or extinguished themselves altogether. The heat washed over him, but his purposeful strides were unaffected and the fires of his eyes burned with intensity to match the fire pits and even drive them back. Watching him walk through the hellish landscape, Turano saw a side of him that he hadn't before. Fully immersed in his element, the Toa of iron could fully believe Lhikan's reputation as one of the most powerful Toa alive. He radiated power.


  • 0

citd_small.jpg


#153 Offline Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

  • 3,155 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 14 2013 - 05:04 AM

IC: Zorvon (Ta-Metru Foundry)

 

Zorvon followed behind Lhikan, his own power providing its own form of protection against the warmth. He thrived on heat, his element was hotter than fire could ever hope to be. Plasma didn't burn through or heat up, it melted through, and vaporized, and Zorvon was devouring every ounce of heat from the landscape as he passed trough after Lhikan, in hopes of preparing for what might inevitably be waiting for them down there.

 

Fire could be used to preserve, after all. Fire was rife with energy, and life, the life-giving quality of a warming bonfire and the sun in the sky. Plasma was the very manifestation of the destructive aspect of heat.

 

Lhikan radiated power into his surroundings, Zorvon absorbed it into himself.


  • 0

#154 Offline Falcon Lord

Falcon Lord
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

  • 497 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 14 2013 - 06:57 AM

IC:

Skald lingered back, seeming uneasy,

"I think I'll just hang back here, this heat is already to much for me."

  • 0
_______________________________________BZPRPG Profiles___________________________________________

#155 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,205 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 14 2013 - 07:08 AM

IC: Lariska (Po-Metru)

"Alright," Lariska said, "Stay here. I'll be right back."

And suddenly she was gone, and even as the other Hunters slowed from their jog there was no sign of the Korumine.

 

Ancient would find the Huntress slipping out of the shadows, already speaking.

"I have my team assembled, they'd rather gain some info before slipping in. They're not the most stealthy, so that's likely why.. They wouldn't be able to just get in and listen in on the not-knowing Toa, I get the feeling they're too 'honorable' for that.. Ah well."

"But back to the topic at hand, got anything about the Coliseum that I can appease the team with?"

Zakaro


  • 0

journeybannerv2.jpg

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

 

 


#156 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

  • 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 14 2013 - 08:25 AM

IC: Iralia

"We could have used you against those Rahkshi." Iralia then realized something very important, something that she had completely glazed over until now. "Wait a minute... Rahkshi? The Brotherhood of Makuta has allied with the Dark Hunters! We have to do something!"

 

IC: Vezok

"Is that one it, Avak?" Vezok gestured to a Knowledge Tower close to the Coliseum and Le-Metru, that was not too far away from where they were standing.


  • 0

I used to have a banner here.

 

But that RPG is dead.

 

What now?


#157 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,205 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 14 2013 - 08:28 AM

IC: Avak (Ko-Metru)

The Po-Skakdi looked at the tower for a second or two, looking at it in relation to everything else before nodding.

"Yes, that's it, I'd say.. Came 'round from the other side last time, fish-breath, but that'd seem to be it."

Zakaro


  • 0

journeybannerv2.jpg

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

 

 


#158 Offline Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

  • 3,155 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 14 2013 - 08:59 AM

IC: Helios (Le-Metru)

 

"Calm down, sister" Helios urged, raising his hands almost defensively in caution.

 

"The Rahkshi you fought may be the very extent to which the Brotherhood's involvement goes. I can imagine the Dark Hunters paying rather handsomely for a legion of Rahkshi at their service"

 

"In any case, such suspicions are best reserved for those with the time and resources to investigate them, and I fear that does not include us"


  • 0

#159 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,032 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 14 2013 - 01:49 PM

IC (Turano): "Me too, brother" Turano said to Skald. He was speaking aloud now, since Lhikan was away from them and the roar of the geysers would have prevented any spies from hearing them anyway. "We can keep watch, and provide backup if they get into trouble."

 

GM IC (Lhikan): Lhikan had reached the edge of the pit where the great disk was hidden, and looked down over the edge. The disk was there all right, lying at the very bottom among a pile of rounded stones. There might have been some movement down there was well, but it was difficult to tell with the flickering light and deep shadows. From where the Toa of fire was standing, he could only see a sliver of the bottom around the far edge.

 

Lhikan was on his hoverboard again, beckoning Zorvon to stand on it with him. "Stick close to me" he instructed. "There doesn't seem to be any pattern in when these things go off, so if this one blows while we're down there, you'd better be inside the range of my hau."

 

GM IC (Ancient): "A little" ancient replied, without looking up from his work. Spread out on the table before him was a hunter who had disobeyed orders and caused the deaths of two others. He was administering punishment.

"Both of our targets have quarters in the high levels of the coliseum, along with the other Toa Mangai and Dume, who they regularly meet with. When not there, both can be found in the lower levels, directing and encouraging the troops or else leading them on missions. Nidhiki has not been seen by our spies for some time, though given his mask power that's not surprising. Lhikan, on the other hand, has been spotted in Ga-Metru, I've just been told. The hunter who saw him wasn't able to get close or see what he was doing, but he was in the company of a Matoran and at least two other Toa. Does that satisfy your need?"


  • 0

citd_small.jpg


#160 Offline Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

  • 3,155 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 14 2013 - 02:39 PM

IC: Zorvon (Ta-Metru)

 

Zorvon nodded, stepping onto the hoverboard and grabbing Lhikan around the waist. This was no time for modesty.

 

He peeked over Lhikan's shoulder, peering into the depths with his Akaku, not really able to discern much beyond what Lhikan had already gathered.

 

"Alright, are we going?" he asked.


  • 0




0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users