Bzprpg - Kumu Islets

Friar Tuck

I.C.VompranVompran, deciding the Lerahk poison was now far out of his price range, so he inquired the shop-owner how much the Volo spheres were."They are ten widgets each" "Maybe I could barter-trade for them." "Perhaps... what do you have?" Vompran glanced over at Kethrye and quietly said: "I can create-make plants, but do you have anything that might be of any value-price that you could barter-trade?"

elementalussal.png

OOC: Yeah, I must have missed that part. Was it back in the Le-Koro topic? In any case, I prefer not to take control of other characters. During War Zone, when that went on, I had one "AFK" player in my group for a looong time, and that was kind of awkward because he was just... there. :P IC: Madrihk went back over to the salesman again. After conversing for a bit, he received a sack filled with the items he had requested: Bandages, a few Amana Volo spheres, three long ropes, a few knives, several flasks of Jaga venom and a Toa-sized trident. He looked over them and nodded approvingly. He then put the sack down and looked into his own bag. He muttered something, and the Matoran stepped a bit closer. "What was that?" "Oh, nothing, my widgets are just all the way at the bottom." "I see. But wait, given the amount of stuff you've just bought, you would basically need a full bag of widgets to pay for it! You do have my money, don't you?" "Of course," Madrihk grinned and extended his arm. "Here you go." The Matoran instinctively reached out with cupped hands to catch the money, but what he got instead was a face-full of ice, courtesy of Madrihk's elemental power. He didn't even have time to scream before the frost had gripped his entire head, essentially choking him. The other Matoran still noticed the event, however, and drew swords, knives and spears at the Toa. Madrihk froze another before he had time to cross the floor, then he grabbed the sack of weapons, pointed at one of the empty boats and shouted to Voriki: "Let's silence them and go! We're taking this ship!"

Edited by Katuko

IC: "Whaaat iffff... say like, you made a thingy... that could just like... suck out mask powers, maybe that type of thingy might work? But then... you said technology isn't that good yet, so that's prolly too special... buuuut how about, hmmmmmm, like... startin' simple, like sucking out... toa powers?" Anavel suggested, thinking that if it was possible to create something, anything, to vampirically suck the power out of a toa, then in theory, a similar machine might be doable for a mask. Of course, Anavel had her own little motives behind suggesting such a device to begin with, but even if Cersei had been privy to those little motives, Anavel felt that she wouldn't care. After all, Anavel's motives simply benefitted herself, though in this case, it could potentially benefit the both of them -- leading to why she even suggested it to begin with.

OOC: Uh, Katuko? I think you meant "shouted to Voriki" as I'm currently sitting on a bench :P IC: Alfon sat there, bored and fed up with Xa-Koro.I wonder how the others are doing... Maybe we should head to the dock soon.He considered the thought but he decided to wait a bit more and let Trakuda brows the area, making sure he never left the corner of his eye. To get rid of his boredom, he rolled out a bit of wire and crackled the various shapes he made with electricity and started whistling a tune, much to the villagers' dismay.

IC(D): "It's party time, everybody!" He unleashed a storm of electricity, his cape flying out in the energy. "Can you feel it!? THE LIGHTNING!?" He purposely made it avoid Madrihk, and doing this would take a good portion of his elemental energy.But it was quite fun. He took out his knife, getting ready to stab anything that got near him.

OOC: Us and our silly names. I almost forget who's who. :P IC: Madrihk saw two Matoran fall from the powerful lightning attack. Taking advantage of the distraction, he leaped aboard the closest boat and froze the Matoran there solid. Out of the corner of his eye he could see Voriki down the few that were left. Checking twice to make sure there were no one left alive and/or conscious on the boat or in the building, the Toa of Ice snickered with evil glee as he tied the unconscious survivors up with one of the ropes. "That was all of them. Voriki, my friend... we hit payload here." He kicked the corpse of the unlucky salesman into the water, where it sank as a rock due to the Matoran's heavy armor. "I hope the others are ready to go," he muttered, "because sooner or later someone else is going to show up, and then we're in trouble." Just as he turned to leave, the Toa of Ice felt a sudden, sharp pain in the back of his right shoulder. He grasped it with his hand, and it was wet. Blood. He turned around in time to see another dagger come flying towards him. It missed his face by an inch. In the shadows in the far end of the building stood a Toa of Iron in gray and black armor, his face twisted in fury. Madrihk winced. He suddenly remembered why the pitch-black armor had struck him as odd: he had heard of these guys before. It was the uniforms used by the men of one of Mata Nui's most feared crime lords: Ferrin. OOC: This little theft felt too easy, so here's some conflict. :P I came up with this guy on the spot, so flesh out his story as you like. Oh, and if the others arrive we can lie about who attacked first, because this guy's totally a criminal and all. :lol:

Edited by Katuko

IC: Kethrye: "Not really," Kethrye replied, " I have a few extra widgets, but that is more or less it," He shrugged. " I would rather save them for when they are vital." Kethrye glared around at Xa-Koro. Besides, I trust the merchants here about as muchas I trust it's other denizens. Not, at, all. The Toa of Ice thought to himself. OOC: Kethrye is talking to Vompran, just in case anyone is confused.

Edited by Toa Kethrye

IC: Venen The Skakdi crept through the crowd, staring intently at the Toa standing near the small sailboat. It was an unusually well-kept craft for the likes of Xa-Koro, and was a dead give away. Even Venen, apparently, didn't think of everything.Venen had been a thorn in the side of his employers for too long, using the occaisonal assassination to further his business. Venen knew that his rivals were preparing to kill him, and had prepared his escape as a result. If all went according to plan, Venen wouldn't make it out of the city. The Skakdi came closer, raising his weapon.Venen stared intently at the Skakdi's shadow, his hand resting on the hilt of the dagger coated in his strongest poison. When he saw the weapon, some form of axe, raise, he dove to the side, slashing with the dagger as he did.The Skakdi stared in horror at the cut, knowing all too well what had been on the dagger. The Toa picked himself up and started walking toward the Skakdi.The Skakdi scrambled to pick up the axe, which had fallen from his hand. The Toa darted forward and simply shoved the Skakdi into the water. If he didn't drown, he would die of poisoning. Clumsy assassin, thought Venen.The boat lowered it's sail and started for Ga-Koro shortly afterward, carrying the Toa away from the city of thieves. OOC: Venen to Ga-Wahi.

Edited by Cadias

I.C. VompranVompran turned to the salesman "We have plants." Vompran said as he summoned his plant powers. "name any plant and it's yours" The salesmen thought hard. "How about a months worth of food." Vompran's jaw dropped. It did sound like an equal trade though. Vompran charged his elemental energies, and made the amount requested. Exausted from the strain, he muttered: "Now give us the Volo spheres." "Sure thing" the shop owner then gave over the spheres and took the food.

elementalussal.png

IC: "Whaaat iffff... say like, you made a thingy... that could just like... suck out mask powers, maybe that type of thingy might work? But then... you said technology isn't that good yet, so that's prolly too special... buuuut how about, hmmmmmm, like... startin' simple, like sucking out... toa powers?" Anavel suggested, thinking that if it was possible to create something, anything, to vampirically suck the power out of a toa, then in theory, a similar machine might be doable for a mask. Of course, Anavel had her own little motives behind suggesting such a device to begin with, but even if Cersei had been privy to those little motives, Anavel felt that she wouldn't care. After all, Anavel's motives simply benefitted herself, though in this case, it could potentially benefit the both of them -- leading to why she even suggested it to begin with.

Ic: "You mean stripping a toa of his or her powers? Elemental powers? I... I think it is actually possible. I never had a reason to research it, to be honest, but it is doable, from a theoretical standpoint." Cersei looked closely at Anavel after this question, and her trained eye picked up on something other than childishness in Anavel's mind. "There's a meaning behind this," she said, more statement than question.

OOC: Nice idea, Nitro. IC: Madrihk was trying to keep his calm, but that was rather hard when he was bleeding profusely from his wound. He staggered over to the item bag and pulled out a wad of bandages. A shame to use such expensive supplies so soon, he thought. Then again, I never paid for them, and I'm no good dead. Meanwhile, the enemy Toa had engaged Voriki in combat. Madrihk wasn't sure, but he could swear that he heard them converse almost like they knew each other. They evidently had no qualms about coming to blows, though, and that told him that he wouldn't be getting any lucrative business deal with Ferrin out of this. Still hurting from the wound, Madrihk decided to ingest one of the Volo spheres as well. Immediately, he felt the healing power take effect, but until it was done he would be forced to let Voriki handle the Toa on his own...

IC (Trakuda, Xa-Koro streets)(Skraatuth, Xa-Koro streets): Skraatuth slowly awoke, to find that the crowd surrounding the fight had since dissipated. It had been a while, perhaps several hours, since she was knocked out. A Matoran, not realising she was awake, kicked her in the side, "Stupid drunk. Why can't they find a better place to pass out?" Skraatuth's clawed hand was soon at his throat. All the Matoran could hear was the decreasing speed of his heart, as the world slowly faded into nothingness. Skraatuth leapt to her feet. There was work to do.Trakuda turned around, to see Alfon sitting on a bench, clearly bored. He called out to him, "Alfon! What's so boring about this place? Well, whatever, if you don't feel very intrigued by the sights, you could always go back to the others. I can survive by myself in broad daylight. Most of the time, at-"Suddenly a very pointy hand was covering his mouth, and a disk launcher was against his head. Trakuda could feel -and smell- the disgustingly warm breath of a Skakdi behind him. "One move and he's dead. Hand over your valuables. Weapons, jewelry, food, everything. And any extra widgets you happen to have."OOC: Here you go, something to do other than babysit Trakuda :P

IC:Odhran"Well maybe your face!" Odhran said smugly, using his powers to create some rough winds around Conteriam. "Now shoo fly. Don't bother me."

IC: {Conteriam/Toa/Shooing}When the 'pirate' made the winds around Conteriam, he was qickly thrown like a ragdoll to the side. having no weight made him blow around like a peice of paper. He bounced off the water and went around the back of another boat. He caught his berings and walked (yes, on the water) back to the dock. He touched himself with the positive end of his staff and regained normal gravity.He should probably stick to picking on people his own size.

I am/Have been:

Thomas.Hunter

Thomas of Hunter

Valborg Svensson

ThePatronSaintOfLostCauses

I've been gone for awhile. Thought I'd come back for the new fourms.

OOC: Thanks :PIC: AlfonOh boy...Here we go...Like the Skakdi had instructed, Alfon had started stripping himself of his inventory and threw it by the feet of the Skakdi. Lastly, he unstrapped his sword from his back and threw it as well, along with his cloak and scarf."There, that's all I've got. Now let him go."Little did the Skakdi know that Alfon had given both his sword and wire remote electrical charges, ready to zap whatever it touches."Go on. Take it and leave."

Edited by TX Wade 27

IC(D): The corrupt toa knifed at the henchman. "Why." He swiped. "Won't." He kicked at the mask, missing it by inches. "JUST!" He punched several times, hitting the toa in the chest. "DIE!" He clanged his knife against the other toa's."So, how's life been?"D scowled. "I still don't like you. Or your boss." He made sure that his voice would not be heard by Madrihk."Well, shoulda thought o' that before ya quit. Now the Don won't want ta take mercy on ya." The knife struggle continued.OOC: I imagine these guys with sterotypical Gangster accents. Well, not D, but those guys.

IC:Anavel just smiled broadly, a smile that more exuded an excitement more than anything else. "Well isn't that obvious, though?" she started, taking on an expression of puzzlement, "I meeeeaaan, like... everything's 'sposed to have meaning, riiight? At least stuff intelligent critters like us do... so like, jus' bein' a Captain Obvious, no?" Anavel finished, leaning forwards and sticking her chin in her hands, elbows resting on the table. At most, Anavel's current position looked more school-girlish than malicious, or "secretly-plotting," or really anything shady despite the conversation that involved torture and ripping elemental powers away from toa. For the time being, though, Anavel didn't want to divulge that she had no elemental powers -- especially in this setting -- and she wanted to see if she could trust Cersei more. The last thing Anavel wanted was to end up dead because of a slip of the mouth, in all honesty, it's often a wonder as to why that hadn't happened already.

IC: "Some stuff, nothin' really worth sharing, though," Anavel responded, not really someone who took much pride in her first life, despite her position on her homeland and the reputation she had built up there. In fact, at this point in her life, she recognized that history as belonging to a different person -- someone who had been adept with her elemental gift, someone who could ensnare the mind of lesser folk through creative uses of the mahiki -- a mask she had since lost, someone who had a name feared by the rebellious due to her efficient, brutal means to end uprisings. Nowadays, the mind of that individual was questioned to even exist any longer, and as the Anavel imbued with her current personality, she simply had yet to do anything groundbreaking or interesting. Over the many years she had spent on the island of Mata-Nui, largely just dumped there by her enemies of another life, she had kept to herself and kept up with her childish habits and ways. Her most notable contribution to society is her apparent love for art, stealing, buying and making it whenever boredom struck her. The home she had set up in the islets -- a rather measly livingspace, but she had filled it with the trappings of her fancy. "I just... buy, steal and make art... because, sometimes it's just so... so pretty," she stated, shifting her head to one hand, her red eyes focused on the index finger of her other hand, that gently ran across the tabletop.

Ic: "I have to admit, you don't look like a connoisseur, a thief or an artist. What kind of art do you like though? The literal kind like that snowglobe you got," Cersei asked, pointing at Anavel's cloak, where the globe was hiding, "or pretty in a more... metaphorical and subliminal way?" Cersei asked, her sly and cunning tone betraying her kindly and wide eyes. "I'm curious because, frankly, I may not be an artist, but I do greatly admire an intelligent design, especially the imaginary."

IC: Ledzel Ledzel pops his knuckles as he steps out of his small hut and onto the streets of Xa-Koro. "Time to buy the ship," he says cheerfully. He had been saving up for his own ship for years now and finally had enough for a small boat. He pats the money pouch inside his trench coat as he continues down the street. "One move and he's dead. Hand over your valuables. Weapons, jewelry, food, everything. And any extra widgets you happen to have." Ledzel approaches the sound of the Skakdi before finding him robbing, what he guessed, were Matoran. Some one needs to teach this Skakdi a lesson.The boat would have to wait. He had a... history with the Skakdi and he wanted to make sure this one didn't get what he threatened to steal. Cutlas in hand, Ledzel slowly approaches the Skakdi, a wicked glare on his face.OOC: Hope you don't mind me cutting in, wotsiznum.

-Mef Man

Edited by Mef Man

IC:Madrihk felt the sensation of the Amana Volo Sphere fade, the work of its power being done. His knife wound had stopped bleeding, and although it still hurt, it was as good as healed. Deciding not to risk a sword fight with his shoulder possibly weakened, the Toa of Ice instead summoned his element once again.The enemy Toa was too occupied with Voriki to notice the incoming blast before it was too late. The whitish-blue energy struck his leg, where it immediately solidified into a large chunk of ice, pinning him to the floor. A second later he was free, however, courtesy of his Mask of Strength. It glowed faintly as he prepared his next atttack, whichwould likely be powerful enough to stab straight through a Rahkshi. Before he got that far, Madrihk had used his Kakama to speed across the floor and trip him. Just as he fell, the Toa of Ice stabbed down with the spike on his left wrist, injecting what he thought would be a good dose of poison. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to have much of an effect, as the Toa rose once more instead of gargling in agony as expected. Madrihk cursed. The poison had dried out after going days without use, and he hadn't applied a new dose before the fight.The Toa of Earth reached out and grabbed Madrihk by the throat, then he activated his mask once again and used it to literally slam his victim through the stone floor. Madrihk felt a sharp explosion of pain in his back, then a brief sense of weightlessness before he splashed into the water below. As the building they were in housed ships, it was built in a slope near the water, and therefore only one end of it touched land. The other end was elevated by pillars struck into the muddy sea floor."Now that yo' annoying friend is outta here," the Toa growled, "it's time fo' me to be dun with you as well!"

IC: AlfonAlfon stared intently at Trakuda's captor as she reached down to pick up his things. As soon as her hands would make contact with Alfon's sword or wire, she'd recieve quite a vicious shock.Poor Trakuda... As long as she's making contact with him, he'll get part of the shock too...As the Skakdi's hand drew nearer and nearer to his equipment, Alfon was ready to pounce the moment she'd make contact with his weapons.Just a little further...

IC: Ledzel Ledzel continues to walk toward the Skakdi. He watches as the being reaches for the dropped weapons and equipment. When he bends down, I'll go in and dispatch it. Piece of cake.The Toa of Stone looks at Alfron. I know that look. He's got a plan.Ledzel slowly walks into a nearby hut, being careful to make as little noise as possible. Once inside, he looks out the window toward the Skakdi. The Toa of Stone reaches for his throwing knives just in case the other Toa's plan didn't go well.

-Mef Man

IC(D): "Oh, now you've made me mad." His mask glowed, and he teleported behind the gangster. "AND YOU WONT LIKE ME!" He ended the sentence right there, and kicked backwards, knocking him into the hole below. He teleported after him, knife ready for a finishing blow. "Any last requests before I personally remove your everything? No? Good." He jammed the knife with the precision of a serial killer. Which he kinda was. He allowed the last vestiges of his Elemental Energy flow through the knife, killing the toa, not too prepared for an electric shock to the system. He removed the knife, and began to clean it off. "Are you okay?"

IC:Odhran"Alright, this is crazy!" Odhran called to the half asleep crew, and Moylan. "We need to get a move-on! Crew, assemble!" he called, waiting for the crew, or at least the navigator, to assemble so that they could continue to their next destination.

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

IC(Draebe): "O..okay. Here I go." He lifted his arms, ignoring the searing pain in his ears. Moylan was quite loud when she wanted to be. Which was when she was unhappy. Which was normally all the time. It could be the alcohol though. The waters starting moving the ship towards the mainland.

IC: "I like all art, and everything is art... so I guess I like everything!" Anavel exclaimed, "Like, like... fighting, it's jus' dancing. The better dancers win -- it's like a competition! So exciting, so interesting -- especially hand to hand fighting, because it's like dancing with someone... up close, with the prize being the death of the other, but in those final moments... just caught in a... a duet, kinda. Where each different move, from a distance, creates a graceful, beautiful scene of death at the nth of its glory. But then again, there are great dancers, boring dancers, and poor dancers. Boring dancers would be like Mr. Lightning Bolt -- efficient, but there's no flair. There's no style, there's nothing captivating and mind boggling. And... torture, is also art. Good torture is more creative... more interesting, more fascinating and efficient to watch -- a hammer to the foot is not the best art torture has to offer, but like you... you seem like an artist of torture. Painting pictures of pain, misery, desperation, worry, with blood as your paint and your tools as your brush. The screams I bet you hear... just icing, just icing on an already magnificent cake," Anavel exclaimed, sounding quite enthralled by what she took to mean "art." "And then there's stuff like... snowglobes, paintings, carvings, drawings, music, poems, literature.... all different types of art that paint amazing pictures, making the impossible possible, the improbable probable. It's such an amazing breath of fresh air, after being forced to go day in, day out, watching all these poor artists not even attempt to craft a masterpiece," Anavel gestured to just about everyone at large, save Cersei. "Art, is really what defines the skilled from the unskilled, the talented from the untalented... the beautiful, from the ugly."

I.C. Vompran"I'm out of elemental energy. Maybe I should go find a plant I can absorb for some more power." Vompran thought.He said to kethrye: "I'm going to go expore. You can stay here, or come along if you like."Vompran expected the toa to want to stay because of the natural Ko-toa's interest in being alone.

elementalussal.png