RPG: FTL

Alex Humva

IC: Ashley

"I'll...I'll try..." There was a lot memories in Ashley's mind now, it would take sometime to sort them all out. She looked for memories that might indicate if their were any plants onboard the Kestrel.

"If there are any TIA plants...Dorian doesn't know about them..."

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"Figures. No information on his true purpose either?" The Colonel sighed. "I suppose the question now is whether or not our slugs can remove this presence."

Bad idea, very bad idea. A panicked voice came in Ashley's head. Slugs can't handle this frequency of thought, it'll kill us both in the process. The fact that Ashley possessed his memories told her that he was correct in that statement.

Edited by Engineer Alexandra Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"And I assume you... verified that?" The Colonel was still somewhat skeptical of the whole mind transfer thing, but the Souper did seem certain. "We'll need to run more tests on you, all the same, verify that you're mentally sound. I'd hate to lose a good fighter pilot."

This is exceedingly annoying, Dorian sounded off in Ashley's head. Do you literally spend a quarter of your day thinking about yarn? How do you survive? Why in God's name did you think getting feline instincts genetically programmed in was a good idea?

"Souper, keep the situation under control, try to reign in Francis' ego. I'm going back to paperwork."

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC [Dorian]

I will judge you as much as I want; your personality is affecting me, I can't think as straight anymore. How can you even do military service with this? This is so confusing.

voidstars.png

IC: Souper Saladd, Cookery Slug

"Well this could have gone better, but yes, I'll keep an eye out on her. Well. I'll make sure Francis doesn't break her. Or the other one." Souper said, looking towards the hapless girl. If these was any consolation, she seemed a lot calmer than she was moments ago and if this could be fixed, well, Souper would do the best that xhe could.

"Your mind is fluctuating, care to share with us exactly what the Agent in your brain is saying? I...don't know if this Agent can be removed." said the slug, worried. There could be some long term ramifications for this, xhe knew that much, but what? And were they related to what happened....it didn't matter, no time to think about the past.

Edited by Zhangku

IC [Dorian]

Ah, so you haven't gotten to that part of my memory yet. The voice paused for a moment while Ashley was reminded of Dorian's time with Emily. Your attitude is infectious, especially when I'm right next to it. I'd prefer not to become some fragment of your psyche, I rather like being my own sapient intelligence. Part of that involves my attitude being my attitude. The fact that I suddenly have an urge for your catnip supply is not helping my fears.

voidstars.png

IC: Estelle

As the Colonel left the room, Estelle was waiting for her. "Colonel... Is she alright?" It was obvious by the tone of her voice and the look in her eyes that she was worried. Her green eyes were wide and she stared at the Colonel intently.

"Please.... I need to know, Ma'am."

Oh. Ashley nearly blushed as she saw memories of Dorian and Emily. It was odd seeing that kind of thing from a guy's perspective. Dorian meanwhile seemed to be freaking out a bit. To be honest she didn't want Dorian to be stuck in her head forever, it was kind of stressful. Is there any way to stop this? Maybe the slugs could keep you from becoming a fragment? Going through Dorian's memories however it didn't seem like there was a way.

She was so engrossed in this it took her a moment to snap back to reality once she realised Souper was speaking to her. "Hmmm? Oh...Dorian is just um...freaking out because he's slowly losing his sapience and becoming a fragment of my psyche."

IC: "Right," Nicole replied. She left momentarily while the rest of the crew were left to discuss the situation. When she returned, she had small screen that she placed onto the nearby table, along with a series of wires. Nicole then began to place the wires onto specific parts of the patient's body, specifically her forehead and her heart.

OOC: I know we do have handheld devices for this, but if she needs to be observed constantly it seemed something bigger would be required.

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

While the Agent continued to panic and look around for an answer, the Colonel continued to ponder the situation, looking at Walker briefly and saying "She's fine, though I can't say I'm certain about her mental state of being. Slugs say she has an invader." A bit more pondering, and then she walked back into the medbay. "If the collected people here could calm down for a moment, it's worth pointing out that if what Ashley says is true, and this TIA agent was sent telepathically... that would require a high-ranking committee, something I'm sure Ashley could verify with her newfound memories. That would be a binding military decision, taken by a council of Colonels and Lt. Colonels. I don't have the authority to override that, and I'm hardly going risk the life of a good pilot trying to rip that consciousness out. Continue scanning and testing, but don't try to do anything drastic right now. I need to consult with the Fleet Admiral when we arrive to the drop-off point."

voidstars.png

IC: [ Wulf Kharon ] - USF Kestrel / Deck 3 / Mess hall

There comes a time, in every man's life, when there's nothing more that he can do to be useful until circumstances shift once more.

Wulf Kharon had reached that point twenty-four hours ago. Heavy lifting, carrying, working an impact drill? Sure. That, he could handle. Only now, the ship's repair and rebuilding was well into the stage of fine detail, spit 'n polish, and just generally much-training-required, which came across as being pretty much synonymous with 'no oversized pirates allowed'.

But he didn't mind. Hours of boring downtime was something he could handle with the best of 'em. Especially when lounging comfortably in a deserted mess hall that smelt of protein and grease, with a nice cool drink near to hand and steel-toed boots resting on the table in true rebel fashion.

With a lazy twitch of the wrist, Wulf tipped up the half-empty bottle of Coke and drained it in a single meditative swig.

OOC:

Open for interaction. Also, I think the bunk chart needs updated?

"Yes ma'am." She said as she saluted the Colonel before going over to the Doctor Karin. "Doctor... As soon as you're done, may I speak with her? She's my fighter and I want to make sure she is okay."

OOC: I'm not sure if Karin is actually present here, considering Kothra never wrote her reaction to the arrival of Ashley.

IC: "I should probably stay with her in case anything happens," Nicole replied. "But since she seems to be physically alright you can talk to her now."

As the Colonel mentioned a committee, Ashley found that she did indeed have memories of committee approving what was done to her. Her tail twitched a bit as Nicole put the wires on her body, it tickled. Her ears easily picked up Estelle's voice and her attention was drawn to that, paying no mind to the panicking Dorian for the moment.

"Hello Ma'am!"

"Being thirty isn't so bad." She said with a joking smile. "I should know." The flight commander chuckled as she patted her subordinate on the back in order to keep the conversation light and fun.

Edited by Queen Elsa of Arendelle

The flight commander forced a smile and then looked down for a moment. "That is a problem..."

She sighed and ruffled her hair, looking back at Ashley. "You know, this isn't good, right?"

"Yeah I know..." Ashley's ears drooped a bit. "...I don't know if anyone here can remove Dorian from my mind, our memories have merged together and so have a lot of other things...though his personality is slowly being consumed by mine..." She smirked for the briefest second.

"The TIA is going to come for me, their plan was to have Dorian's duplicate observe our mission and then at some point collect me and have him removed from my brain and back into the real Dorian...though now it might not be possible to do that..."

IC: Andromeda

Andromeda was confused. She didn't knew what to do. Somehow, she's lost in her own thoughts and everything that was going on. It was really irritating by the way. To soothe the growing fury, she addressed the nearest human in Federation form (Harken to be more specific):

"I'd like to find an operative that brought me on board of the shuttle when I lost my consciousness. Also I want to know who shot me with acid. Considering that original target was captain Geiste, I suspect it was one of your crewmembers."

"... I'm sorry this happened to you Ashley... If I could have your Dorian transferred to me, I would. Why did they do this to you? You had such a bright future.." The flight commander said, truly wishing that she was in Ashley's place.

Ashley was so young and untouched by the true horrors of war. Yes, she had been attacked by Mantis but... That was nothing like Earth. She hadn't lost people like Estelle, hadn't been royally ****** by life. Losing Andrew, her crew, her flight commander, seeing piles of dead and breathing in the stench of rotting flesh and burning rubble.. Ashely hadn't gone through any of that.

It would've been better of Estelle had it. She'd be labeled as loon, that was certain, but she was a veteran. People would whisper about her condition, not knowing the truth, but her service record would assure them it was simply that the war had been too much.It would be different for Ashley.

"I'm sorry."

Edited by Queen Elsa of Arendelle

Kenshin Harken

IC: Looked like he was going to need to admit that Kenshin had done it after all. The special forces operator always felt awkward when people thanked him.

"That would be me Contacteur. The one who hit you with the acid is one of our Mantis crew members. She was aiming at the slaver captain but hit you when he dodged out of the way."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Andromeda

"Mantis..." it looked like Zoltan woman shuddered. This word was left hanging in the space between Harken and Andromeda until she put herself together.

There was two things that caused some powerful emotions in her mind. The first one was her homeworld which she left many years ago. She could say that she felt joy and happiness thinking about her home. The second one caused her to feel phantom pain and something that humans would call 'cold'. She feared and hated Mantis for what they did to her. They captured her, tortured her with that collar, and then they tried to kill her but failed. And she still thought that it would be logical to just die rather than live in such corrupted, unnatural form. She although managed to get used to it and those fear attacks began to happen with least frequency. But now... she, again, was on the brink of extinction thanks to Mantis.

"Th... thank you," she said at last, calmly, with her voice trembling like a white noise. "You saved my life. Mind if I ask your name?"

Edited by The Mugbearer

"I'll...I'll be okay..." She said meekly, trying not to sound as terrified as she was about what might happen to her in the future.

"They picked me because...I've got psionic potential...only about half of a percent of all humans have it...I suppose you could say they're experts at finding people...like me." She wasn't sure she wanted to even go into the serum that TIA had created, the fact that it killed so many people was still quite upsetting to her, how could they use something like that!?

The flight commander gave Ashley a gentle squeeze, not caring that others saw her unprofessional behavior. "These people... They don't sound like good people. I'm going to do everything I can to help... Which isn't much. But I don't want them to hurt you... Not anymore than they have."

Kenshin Harken

IC: "Captain Kenshin Harken and currently Chief Security Officer on the ship."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

"Sorry. Didn't mean to offend you or anything. Hey, it's not like anything bad would happen though, right? I mean, you're just a slug..." Gaven chuckled slightly before continuing. "Sorry. Say, you think you could tell me what is going on on this ship? Haven't gotten a straight answer yet. I mean, being a bodyguard was boring, but at least I knew what they hey was going on."

IC

Slug.png

ZOSS

Zoss was not pleased by being referred to as 'just a slug', nor the rock man's incredibly gregarious attitude, and let a trace of his displeasure seep out of his own mind and touch the rock man's. Beyond that, he did not move, merely sizing up the onyx colored, hulking creature, and realizing that he was one of the slaves rescued recently. That explained why Zoss hadn't seen him recently.

Zoss sent another mental message: This ship is currently home to a dozen things that are 'going on', from a summons I just got to the medical bay to the degrading comments of an oblivious new security officer. I'd recommend that you start working on being a little more vigilant; that is your job, is it not?

With that, the slug spun and slid down the hallway, turning a corner and following the passageway down the length of the ship to reach the location of Colenel Ojeda's message. The doors hissed open and then shut behind Zoss as he entered the busy chamber- not only was it full of advanced medical equipment, monitors, and stasis pods, there was also a large crowd gathered around a women with cat's ears and a tail. He looked at her and felt scorn for her unreasonable, silly decision to waste money to have another species' body parts grafted onto her body - not only impractical but also slightly disturbing. Yet, she seemed to be in shock and stress so he kept the emotions from projecting themselves on anyone else, keeping them to himself. Instead, he sent a mental nudge towards Ojeda, alerting her of his presence, and questioning what was occurring.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

OOC: This post doesn't make any sense due to continuity error. Removed

Edited by Xomeron
That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

Estelle gently patted Ashley on the back. "... I didn't tell you but I picked up some yarn before the whole mantis thing... I'll go get it later for you." She said with a soft smile.

OOC:
Yeesh. Seems like I can't do anything right in this game...

IC:
"Sorry..." Gaven trailed off as the slug slipped away, realizing it wasn't happy with being called a slug. He sighed in disappointment, he really needed to work on mediating his personality. With that, he continued wandering the ship, eventually ending up in the medbay.

He noticed a human standing off in the corner, swearing under their breath and not looking happy. Not wanting to get into the commotion at the other end of the ship and put his foot in his mouth again, he walked over to the human. Recognizing her clothing style, he asked her "You're a Vendarian aren't you?"

EDIT:
OOC:
Case in point.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")