Which characters should've been in the STARS line?

Add to fact that in 2006, nektann were the Piraka's servitor robots. That might have caused some confusion.

That still confuses me :P

Couldn't have killed them to include his name somewhere on the package though, could it? "Piraka - Nektann" or something.

Yeah. I guess the Piraka didn't like Nektann very much so they named their bots after him lol. Although "Piraka - Nektann" probably wouldn't clear up the confusion either, seeing as the Piraka owned the Nektann...:P.

It does make sense that they would have robots - Avak was an engineer after all - but they weren't mentioned in any of Greg's books so I guess they're non-canon.

Add to fact that in 2006, nektann were the Piraka's servitor robots. That might have caused some confusion.

That still confuses me :P

Couldn't have killed them to include his name somewhere on the package though, could it? "Piraka - Nektann" or something.

Yeah. I guess the Piraka didn't like Nektann very much so they named their bots after him lol. Although "Piraka - Nektann" probably wouldn't clear up the confusion either, seeing as the Piraka owned the Nektann... :P.

It does make sense that they would have robots - Avak was an engineer after all - but they weren't mentioned in any of Greg's books so I guess they're non-canon.

I'm like 99.99% sure that Power Play had a scene with a Nektann guarding an outpost.

The stronghold part was the 00.01% I was unsure about :P

To keep this on topic, if I could pick Stars that had no impact on the 2010 story, they would be

Tahu Mata

Can't decide between Takanuva and Matoro Inika

Zaktan

Takadox

Roodaka

and Mata Nui

There. All six colors of the BIONICLE rainbow.

This is just my own opinion as to what I'd have liked to see as an "all star"

Red: Tahu. It needs to be Tahu. he is arguably the most iconic of the toa, especially because of the Hau.

Blue: Visorak. an easy design, since it could be along the lines of Zesk, with a mask that has pincers and a body armor shape for the the spinner

Black: a makuta. seriously, of all the villains of Bionicle, these guys were the biggest plot drivers.

Brown: Piraka. I actual approve of having a piraka, but brown would've been better

White: Gelu. We never saw much of him in the story, so it'd have been nice to have learned more about him

Green: Matau: he was by far my favorite of the toa metru. story wise, they could have given him a "recharging" were he regained his toa powers

• Upvote 1

This is just my own opinion as to what I'd have liked to see as an "all star"

Red: Tahu. It needs to be Tahu. he is arguably the most iconic of the toa, especially because of the Hau.

Blue: Visorak. an easy design, since it could be along the lines of Zesk, with a mask that has pincers and a body armor shape for the the spinner

Black: a makuta. seriously, of all the villains of Bionicle, these guys were the biggest plot drivers.

Brown: Piraka. I actual approve of having a piraka, but brown would've been better

White: Gelu. We never saw much of him in the story, so it'd have been nice to have learned more about him

Green: Matau: he was by far my favorite of the toa metru. story wise, they could have given him a "recharging" were he regained his toa powers

The problem with having a Makuta as a Stars set is that there is no single definitive appearance that ties Makuta together. As shapeshifters, even the most important Makuta (Makuta Teridax) had various forms, though there's no doubt that the 2003 form became his most iconic, in great part due to the influence of the BIONICLE movies.

The Piraka and Rahkshi sets might not have been based on specific Piraka or Rahkshi, but they were still very clearly inspired by those series of sets. Even at a smaller scale, they followed most of the same design rules as their forerunners. Makuta were diverse by definition — there were never any set-in-stone "rules" that Makuta sets universally followed, although in 2008 the majority did at least follow a handful of rules like using black as a base color, having reddish eyes, and wearing two-color blended masks with beastly appearances. But going by those rules, it would have been nearly impossible to differentiate a BIONICLE Stars Makuta from a 2008 Shadow Matoran.

• Upvote 3

This is just my own opinion as to what I'd have liked to see as an "all star"Red: Tahu. It needs to be Tahu. he is arguably the most iconic of the toa, especially because of the Hau.Blue: Visorak. an easy design, since it could be along the lines of Zesk, with a mask that has pincers and a body armor shape for the the spinnerBlack: a makuta. seriously, of all the villains of Bionicle, these guys were the biggest plot drivers.Brown: Piraka. I actual approve of having a piraka, but brown would've been betterWhite: Gelu. We never saw much of him in the story, so it'd have been nice to have learned more about himGreen: Matau: he was by far my favorite of the toa metru. story wise, they could have given him a "recharging" were he regained his toa powers

The problem with having a Makuta as a Stars set is that there is no single definitive appearance that ties Makuta together. As shapeshifters, even the most important Makuta (Makuta Teridax) had various forms, though there's no doubt that the 2003 form became his most iconic, in great part due to the influence of the BIONICLE movies.The Piraka and Rahkshi sets might not have been based on specific Piraka or Rahkshi, but they were still very clearly inspired by those series of sets. Even at a smaller scale, they followed most of the same design rules as their forerunners. Makuta were diverse by definition there were never any set-in-stone "rules" that Makuta sets universally followed, although in 2008 the majority did at least follow a handful of rules like using black as a base color, having reddish eyes, and wearing two-color blended masks with beastly appearances. But going by those rules, it would have been nearly impossible to differentiate a BIONICLE Stars Makuta from a 2008 Shadow Matoran.
Actually, some art in the Bionicle World guidebook showed that the Makuta common form was the Makuta set that sold back in 2003. True, because Makuta are shapeshifters each one has a form they prefer, but all the Makuta had to have an original form, right? The Great Beings and Mata Nui had to have a basic design that all makuta start out as, otherwise the Makuta couldn't be of the same species. That being said, I don't think its a good idea to use Makuta as star because they are much larger than the star sets. I would have liked to see a stars titan line up, with both good and bad characters.

The line-up would look something like this:

Makuta

Roodaka

Axonn

Nidhiki

Keetongu

Takanuva (his titan form was waaaaay cool, even if he didn't have the original mask of light)

My regular stars line-up would look like this:

Tahu

Matoro

Gresh

Bohrok

Rahkshi

Piraka

I also think a matoran/agori stars would be cool, here's my list:

Macku

Raanu

Taipu

Ahkmou

Defilak

Kopeke

Now keep in mind that some of these characters don't fit in with the story. I chose these characters mainly because I feel they are iconic characters in the history of Bionicle. I think what lego should have done for a grand finale was bring back a large selection of iconic characters regardless of what was going on in the story. A way for new fans to get classic sets and as a means of a final salute to all the dedicated fans who had been there from the start. To be honest the stars line was a pretty pathetic finale to such a legendary theme. I was hoping lego would end it with a bang.

Edited by Matoro_Lives

POWER TO THE FANS

LETS TAKE BACK BZP FROM THE HERO FACTORY FANBOYS

STOP THIS POINTLESS CENSORSHIP AND SHEATHE THE BAN HAMMERS

BRING BACK THE FRIENDLY AND INFORMATIVE BZP

SUPPORT TTV AND GET ON THE HYPE TRAIN

I was alright with the character they have picked for the stars but I didn't like Gresh and Skrall.

But if I would have choose who would be the 6 character for the stars, they would be:

• Tahu because like what you have said NTE, he's the icon character of BIONICLE, but I would have change the head so it will look better and fits with the Metru Heads but still have a good that would make it good for a female MOC.
  • Piraka because it was awesome and I don't think there need to be anything to be change about it.
  • Lesovikk I think he would maybe good then Gresh or TakaNuva. He would maybe have a lime green body with a silver chest armor (and the armor would be the same as Tahu) and have the same are and legs as Takanuva (would have the should armor from his 2007 but in dark green) or Tahu (would have Tahu armor in dark green) both with dark green legs and lime green arms.
  • Vahki (in black and yellow or blue) because I think it would be better then Skrall and it would maybe redeem the Vahki for them looking really bad back in 2004.
  • Galu because of no reason what so ever... we just need a Glatorian in the stars.
  • Rahkshi and the only thing I think would be better if change the gray with black in my opinion.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Now that I think about it, there were about 3 main teams throughout BIONICLE's run. There should be somebody from each team accompanied by a villain.

• Toa Mata/Nuva with a Bohrok/Rahkshi
  • Toa Metru/Hordika with a Vahki/Visorak
  • Toa Inika/Mahri with a Piraka/Barraki

The stars line would have been better that way.

mindeth the cobwebs