Transformations by GSR

It doesn't matter how you cut the canon, some pairings were simply meant to be. Whether it's everyone's favorite water-and-stone matoran couple or crewmates of Kopaka and Gali's ship, there's no denying it. That's why I'm excited to see one of my favorite BZPower authors has created an incredible story exploring the nuances of one of the most underrated theoretical pairings in the Matoran universe: The shapeshifter Krahka and Toa Onewa! Transformations isn't incredibly long, but make sure you have time to spare- Once you start reading, you won't want to stop.

View the full article

• Upvote 4

I'd say it took far too long for this story to get on the front page. What happened to on-the-ball reporting? :P

• Upvote 2
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

I'd say it took far too long for this story to get on the front page. What happened to on-the-ball reporting? :P

This. :P

While I'm no fan of shipping, I say that this story has a lot of merit on its own. Maybe I'm just dense, but I read through the whole thing, got to the bottom...what this is a shipping fic? Way to ruin it! :P

Oh well. :shrugs:

While I'm no fan of shipping, I say that this story has a lot of merit on its own. Maybe I'm just dense, but I read through the whole thing, got to the bottom...what this is a shipping fic? Way to ruin it! :P

I think I put a disclaimer on the Tumblr post about there not being any makeouts so people wouldn't get the wrong idea, honestly. What can I say? I have more fun writing 'romance' about how the two characters complement each other as people rather than as pairs of lips.

Anyway, thank you Kakaru for immortalizing my eternal shame on the front page. At the end of the day, all I can say is blame Hahli Husky for giving me the idea and Janus for being a fantastic editor on the first draft.

And as always, thank you all for reading! Going by views, at least a couple hundred people were interested enough in this weird little fic, which is mildly terrifying and also gives me the warm fuzzies. Thanks again! Now go post something of your own in the Library - it's not scary, I promise.

Edited by GSR
  • Upvote 2

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I think I put a disclaimer on the Tumblr post about there not being any makeouts so people wouldn't get the wrong idea, honestly. What can I say? I have more fun writing 'romance' about how the two characters complement each other as people rather than as pairs of lips.

I didn't mean to criticize the story as much as point out that it didn't strike me as romantic and you could have left the shipping disclaimer off (but again, me be dense?). It struck me as legit commentary on a pair of characters that didn't get much development toward the end and expansion of a good storyline possibility. (Why would Krahka not eventually want to go home to Metru Nui?)

I do agree with your opinion on "writing about how characters complement each other as people" though. :) Don't get me wrong, I liked the story ( :D), but I interpreted it as a dialogue between two friends?/allies of convenience/enemies, and to see that note at the end was jarring. :shrugs:

Oh well, sorry for being dense. I suppose if that was the inspiration, commenting on it is fair point. :shrugs:

Edited by fishers64

Nah, that's fair - any romantic parts of the fic are more undertones than anything else, and I wrote it that way on purpose, so it doesn't surprise me you didn't read it romantically.

What it stems from I guess is this being a pairing that is cool and all, but there's an awful large gap between canon and the idea of Krahka taking her Turaga boyfriend out on a date, so to speak. There's plenty of character baggage to work through and explore without jumping ahead to that, and that's the kind of story I wanted to write. But I'd be lying if I said it was meant to be 100% platonic, since, well, the whole point was to try and see if I could make a good story pairing off these two.

...But there's a school of thought that says authorial intent is [a word I cannot say on this site], so whatevs. And hey, getting different interpretations from readers is always a fun part of writing.

• Upvote 2

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42