• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

~Bionicle~ the Legend Continues: Review Topic

bionicle review community contribute

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Zorkaz

Zorkaz
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 16 posts

Posted Jun 06 2014 - 02:33 AM

~Bionicle~ the Legend Continues: Review Topic

Hello people! This is a Review Topic for the ever-growing topic Bionicle: The legend Continues . This is basically where you comment on that topic, and hopefully contribute for future installments! I will do my best to try and integrate it one way or another into the main story. If you want to post your media that's not to do with this though, do it in the right place. All comments are welcome (unless troll posts of course, and very unpleasant ones, or off topic, or ... just read the forum rules), and I will try and be active on replying!

Edited by Zorkaz, Jun 06 2014 - 03:45 PM.

Matoro is dead. (Lol)

#2 Offline Underscore

Underscore
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Armored Protector

• 321 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 06 2014 - 10:11 AM

Hello, Zorkaz! And welcome to the Library forum. First of all, everything looks okay except for the suggestion of people posting short stories, concept art, and MOCs in this topic; as they all belong in their own forums ;) . Onto the review.

The first thing I notice is that it could be spaced a little better, with the occasional blank line or indented paragraph, so it's not all a huge blob of text, and also it would make it easier to read. I also noticed that in some places, namely the dialog, that it could be punctuated a little better. An example: “I'd suggest you shut your, mouth Tuyet, unless you want me to do it for you!” (I added the bolded commas.)

'The Great Being' is not actually given a name, so I assume it's either unknown or it's being kept anonymous for some reason (which would be cool)?

I like the way you right away started with three different "parts", each written with different characters and different perspectives. I assume they're going to "find" each other and interact soon?

Overall, it's pretty well written, and I'm looking forward to the next part.

˙˙˙609ƖƖϛƖㄣ6Ɩϛ69ㄣƖㄣ8ƐƖᄅϛ99ㄣ0ᄅ88ㄣϛ0Ɛϛ0ƐƐƖƖ009Ɛ06ϛᄅ68ㄥ9Ɛㄣ9ƐϛƖㄥƖ60ㄣϛᄅ6ᄅ8ᄅ960ᄅ60ᄅϛƖ88ㄣㄥƖ88ϛϛƖƐ909900ㄥ8ϛㄣᄅㄥ  
  ƐㄥᄅƖㄣƖ6ㄣᄅ09ᄅㄥ09Ɛ6ƐƐƖᄅ8ㄣ99ᄅƐㄣϛㄣ0Ɩ98ㄣƐ09ㄣƐᄅ699ϛ8ㄣ9ϛㄣƖ606Ɩ0ᄅƖㄥᄅϛ9ƖƐ8ㄥ98ㄥƐƐᄅ8ㄣ9ϛㄥㄣ8ᄅƖ9ㄣㄣƐƐ6ϛ99ϛㄥ60Ɩ88ᄅㄣㄣ  
  96Ɩ8Ɛ0Ɛ6ㄣϛ68ㄣ6ᄅᄅ9ㄣㄣ96ϛϛϛ0ƖƖᄅϛ8Ɛ6Ɩ0ㄥᄅ0Ɩㄣ8ᄅ0ϛㄣㄥƖƖƖ8ㄣ8ᄅƖ80ㄣ6ϛƐϛᄅㄥƖƐᄅᄅ8ϛ0ϛϛ609ㄣㄣ8Ɛ60ㄥㄣ990Ɛᄅ8ᄅƐƖϛ9808ㄣƖᄅ8  
  6ㄥ90ㄥƖƖᄅㄣƐϛᄅ8ㄣƐ08ᄅ986680ᄅ98ᄅ90ㄣ9Ɩ8ㄥ0Ɛᄅ6ϛㄣㄣ6ㄣㄥ60ᄅ8ϛ0ƖϛㄥƐ66Ɛ69Ɩㄥ6Ɩㄣ88ᄅ0ϛ6ㄥᄅƐ8ƐƐㄣ9ᄅ9ㄣ8ƐᄅƐ6ㄥ68ϛƐϛ9ᄅ6ϛƖㄣƖ˙Ɛ

Hey everyone come play this Ninjago game right here in G&T- LINK

#3 Offline Zorkaz

Zorkaz
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 16 posts

Posted Jun 06 2014 - 10:24 AM

Hello, Zorkaz! And welcome to the Library forum. First of all, everything looks okay except for the suggestion of people posting short stories, concept art, and MOCs in this topic; as they all belong in their own forums ;) . Onto the review.

The first thing I notice is that it could be spaced a little better, with the occasional blank line or indented paragraph, so it's not all a huge blob of text, and also it would make it easier to read. I also noticed that in some places, namely the dialog, that it could be punctuated a little better. An example: “I'd suggest you shut your, mouth Tuyet, unless you want me to do it for you!” (I added the bolded commas.)

'The Great Being' is not actually given a name, so I assume it's either unknown or it's being kept anonymous for some reason (which would be cool)?

I like the way you right away started with three different "parts", each written with different characters and different perspectives. I assume they're going to "find" each other and interact soon?

Overall, it's pretty well written, and I'm looking forward to the next part.

Thanks for the advice Mairanui! I'll deal with the spacing as soon as possible. I did do a read through and have been planning to deal with the punctuation, but most of are just typos, or I was about to right something different after for exemple a comma, and I decided not to and say something else which didn't need a comma, but I forgot to rub it out! Is this making any sense? Anyway, I'll post more this evening. And again, thanks for the advice! ;P

Matoro is dead. (Lol)

#4 Offline -Windrider-

-Windrider-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Global Moderators
  • Literally Kagome

• 5,395 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jun 06 2014 - 02:20 PM

Just to clarify - I kinda like the idea of members' posting creations based on your story, but Mairanui is right; you should encourage people to post the works in the appropriate forums. That said, I believe it's okay for people then to post in this topic and link to their creations.

Good luck!

Ninjas IN SPACE. Even I can't believe it.

@BZPowerQA.

chopin8199.

#5 Offline Zorkaz

Zorkaz
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 16 posts

Posted Jun 06 2014 - 03:43 PM

Just to clarify - I kinda like the idea of members' posting creations based on your story, but Mairanui is right; you should encourage people to post the works in the appropriate forums. That said, I believe it's okay for people then to post in this topic and link to their creations.

Good luck!

Yeah, I think you guys are right. I'll edit the main post now ...

Matoro is dead. (Lol)

#6 Offline Zorkaz

Zorkaz
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 16 posts

Posted Jun 07 2014 - 07:44 AM

I am however always updating, so don't hesitate to check if there's anything new anytime. I am writing something else at the moment but there will be constant updates ...

Matoro is dead. (Lol)

#7 Offline Aho

Aho
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 39 posts

Posted Jun 07 2014 - 08:11 AM

Nice work! I might have to build a moc for this :P
The story reminds me a lot of the serials in format and such, which in my opinion makes it a more believable continuation. Keep it up!

#8 Offline Zorkaz

Zorkaz
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 16 posts

Posted Jun 07 2014 - 10:43 AM

Nice work! I might have to build a moc for this :P
The story reminds me a lot of the serials in format and such, which in my opinion makes it a more believable continuation. Keep it up!

Thanks! I'd really like that! Remember though that it's better to actually create your own topic for that and just post a picture here, but you can do it how you want! Also, I was planning for Orde to wear a blue Kanohi Ruru, Zaria a Mask of Biomechanics as mentionned (here on the wiki here: http://bionicle.wiki...of_Biomechanics, but use whatever you want), and Chiara a Mask of Inertion (credit to that mask here: http://notepad.cc/kanohi )!

Matoro is dead. (Lol)

#9 Offline Akavakaku

Akavakaku
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 376 posts

Posted Jun 08 2014 - 12:44 PM

Perhaps you could write your updates in new posts, instead of editing the first one? It makes it easier to see when you update.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) 

-Takuaka: Toa of Time

Marendar, the Legend of Spherus Magna: http://www.bzpower.c...-spherus-magna/

Get in the Robot entry: Kalmah's Conquest Exo http://www.bzpower.c...s-conquest-exo/

My BZRPG character: http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=668767

#10 Offline Zorkaz

Zorkaz
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 16 posts

Posted Jun 08 2014 - 02:10 PM

Perhaps you could write your updates in new posts, instead of editing the first one? It makes it easier to see when you update.

I'll do that, but I plan to do it by bit, you know like until I change where we are on Spherus Magna (or soon in fact the Red Star) ...

Matoro is dead. (Lol)

#11 Offline Zorkaz

Zorkaz
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 16 posts

Posted Jul 17 2014 - 08:48 AM

Sorry about the long wait. Was writing something else. I'll get back to it now!

Matoro is dead. (Lol)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users