The LEGO Movie Out Now on DVD and Blu-Ray

tn_06_17_14_the-lego-movie-dvd-bd.png

The wait is finally over (at least for you folks living in the US)! The LEGO Movie has now become available as a physical copy on DVD or Blu-Ray. I figure you'll be able to find it pretty much anywhere (who'd want to miss the big buck on this?) but if you are too lazy to get up and walk over to the store you can order it from a number of places like, for instance, the LEGO Shop itself, in a number of editions. If you committed the awful sin of not watching it on the big screen, this is the chance to fix that karma of yours once again.

View the full article

• Upvote 1

This is great plus I gotten the Everything is Awesome Edition that come with a young vitruvius and I have to say that he look great but the cap is different from the normal LEGO cap you see on minifigures like Jedi, Lord of the Rings and so on.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

This is great plus I gotten the Everything is Awesome Edition that come with a young vitruvius and I have to say that he look great but the cap is different from the normal LEGO cap you see on minifigures like Jedi, Lord of the Rings and so on.

Yep, if it's anything like the cape he has in 70809 Lord Business's Evil Lair, it's a softer material... it doesn't have the same starchy feel as the usual capes.

I'm a little bit disappointed that he uses the same shape of cape as in that set and not the gown he wears in the actual movie's opening scenes, but it's still a very cool minifigure.

Yep, if it's anything like the cape he has in 70809 Lord Business's Evil Lair, it's a softer material... it doesn't have the same starchy feel as the usual capes.

I'm a little bit disappointed that he uses the same shape of cape as in that set and not the gown he wears in the actual movie's opening scenes, but it's still a very cool minifigure.

The Everything is Awesome Edition, does that come with bonus features and videos of how they made it? Cause I would LOOOOVE to see that!

I was aware that Robot Chicken animated it.

The Everything is Awesome Edition, does that come with bonus features and videos of how they made it? Cause I would LOOOOVE to see that!

I was aware that Robot Chicken animated it.

Actually, the animation is CGI and was done by Animal Logic, an Australian VFX studio. However, Chris McKay, an editor and co-producer for Robot Chicken, WAS an animation supervisor, film editor, and the voice of Larry the Barista in The LEGO Movie, and he will be the director of the sequel. Perhaps that's what you're thinking of?

In any case, it DOES seem like the "Everything is Awesome" edition will have a number of "making of" features. You can see a list of features here. But a lot of the same features can probably be found on the cheaper DVD and Blu-Ray editions — I don't know how much content is exclusive to the "Everything is Awesome" edition.