How Takua became a Toa ?

I've only seen the movie, so forgive me if the books give another explanation.

In the movie, Takua puts the Avohkii(With his Pakari still in face btw) and then bam, he becomes a Toa of light.

Isn't the main method of becoming a Toa is through Toa Stones with Toa Power ? So, maybe the Avohkii is charged with Toa Power ?

Charged with Toa Power yes, but I believe Artakha imbued the mask with that energy, as he was the one who created it. Also included in the power of the mask were instructions on how to construct a vehicle that would take the Toa of Light straight to Teridax. Since the mask and those designs were created by Artakha, we have to assume that he was also the one who put the Toa Power in it. He created the Toa Mata, after all. Albeit, with help from the Great Beings. However, I wouldn't put it past him to be able to figure out how to accomplish something like that.

signoffffff.png

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Is there some source confirming that Artakha put the energy on the mask ? 

And about the Ussanui, I found this:

The designs to the Ussanui were locked away in Takua's mind as a Matoran.

When Takua donned the Mask of Light and became a Toa, the designs were unlocked.

Oh, that's what it was. No wonder I couldn't find that on either the Avohkii or Artakha pages. Thanks for correcting me.

Yes. It's history. :P

Still, we know that the mask was created on Artakha, by Artakha, and was stolen by the BoM, and it remained with them for many centuries. Then, some centuries ago, Teridax's Hagah stole it from them, and were quickly mutated into Rahaga. They went and hid the Mask in Metru Nui, where the Hordika found it and encased it in stone. The only possibilities for how the power got there are Artakha and the Hagah. Seeing as the Hagah wouldn't have known too much about the purpose of the mask as its creator would, and that they were on the run from the Brotherhood's armies and subsequently mutated by Roodaka, we have to assume that they had little to no time to have done it.

With all those groups ruled out, we're left with one option: Artakha, creator of the Avohkii, imbued it with Toa Power by some means.

As I'm pretty sure Artakha (location) has just Matoran and the master-builder himself living there, my guess is that he used some leftovers from the construction of the Toa Mata to achieve this.

Thoughts?

signoffffff.png

Edited by ~The 1st Shadow~

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

1. Does a Toa stone require a Suva to activate?

1) Well, offhand, I would say no, simply because the Avohkii was carrying the same power in it and did not require a suva to turn Takua into Takanuva.

There you go. :)

Although whether Artahka did it is unknown at this point. 

Edited by fishers64