Helmets of Power!

Can the Glatorian species make use of Kanohi powers?

Obviously not Kanohi in the same form that Toa and Turaga use, but could a Mask Maker design a helmet in the same general shape as a Kanohi, allowing a Glatorian to wear it? Then, could a glatorian (with training?) use the helmet's power as a Toa could use a Kanohi?

Thoughts?

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

3a) my epic involves a lot of dimension-hopping. so, hypothetically, could a Glatorian use a kanohi?

3b) a Skrall?

3c) a baterra?

3d) a bone hunter?

3-3d) No

That's fairly Common Knowledge, but to be clear. Glatorian can't use mask powers.

I suspect that the GBs could modify them to be able to use them, though.  

• Upvote 2

As fishers said, they can't use kanohi, but since helmets of power aren't a thing, we can't really say so. Helmets of power are interesting and I'm imagining sweet visors that could be pushed up/down to reveal their faces, but again, since there's no such thing we can't assume their existence.

That's fairly Common Knowledge, but to be clear. Glatorian can't use mask powers.

But can they use a helmet made from kanoka to have powers? I'm aware they might have physical problems with wearing them, but what about their mental discipline?

I'm aware that 'Glanohi', or helmets of power, don't exist. But if they did, or were made by a post-Spherus Magna society, would glatorian beavle to use them as anything more than head covers?

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

The Mask of Life enabled the Glatorian to use elemental powers though. Why not Kanohi?

-NotS

Also part of my thought process, though there's no physical way for the Kanohi to attach to a Glatorian's head, hence the 'helmet of power' concept.

The Mask of Life enabled the Glatorian to use elemental powers though. Why not Kanohi?

-NotS

Also part of my thought process, though there's no physical way for the Kanohi to attach to a Glatorian's head, hence the 'helmet of power' concept.

No, Kanohi usage is about mental "qualifications" to access the telepathic "control interface" of the mask; Glatorian must lack this. Masks are simply attached magnetically, and Glatorian can have metal implants, so simply adding a magnet implant would work, or a headband with magnets in it, or even just tie the mask on.

As to why Mata Nui didn't grant them mask powers, either he didn't think of it, or figured elemental powers were easier since they didn't require a special object (so even though masks CAN be attached, it would take more work, and they didn't have masks handy at the time anyways so why would we expect this?), other than perhaps focusing tools like the Toa, which the tools the Glatorian already had could be used for. (I'm not sure if they do need the tools for focus, but the tools used to have elemental powers themselves, and drained, so it might make sense...)

• Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Only some species of the Matoran Universe can use Kanohi. Glatorian lack this ability because Kanohi were not designed for them, but I can imagine Great Beings could one day make helmets of power.

I imagine it like this: I am a human being. Not a calculator. I can work out some mathematical problems, but ask me to work out tan(42) and I'm stumped. Calculators are programmed to work this out.

Toa are programmed to use Kanohi powers. Glatoran cannot.

• Upvote 2

index.jpg

Twitter: @enkindle_this

As to why Mata Nui didn't grant them mask powers, either he didn't think of it, or figured elemental powers were easier since they didn't require a special object (so even though masks CAN be attached, it would take more work, and they didn't have masks handy at the time anyways so why would we expect this?), other than perhaps focusing tools like the Toa, which the tools the Glatorian already had could be used for. (I'm not sure if they do need the tools for focus, but the tools used to have elemental powers themselves, and drained, so it might make sense...)

Can't argue with that logic. 

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

But can they use a helmet made from kanoka to have powers? I'm aware they might have physical problems with wearing them, but what about their mental discipline?

I'm aware that 'Glanohi', or helmets of power, don't exist. But if they did, or were made by a post-Spherus Magna society, would glatorian beavle to use them as anything more than head covers?

Wouldn't the Kanohi Ignika effectively be able to modify any lifeform's or organic material's genetic structure, including that of a Glatorian or an Agori to allow them to tap into Kanohi based powers?

That makes an interesting idea for some fan-fiction :P

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

Wouldn't the Kanohi Ignika effectively be able to modify any lifeform's or organic material's genetic structure, including that of a Glatorian or an Agori to allow them to tap into Kanohi based powers?

That makes an interesting idea for some fan-fiction :P

It could but I don't think it did, judging by the fact that galtorian who were given powers couldn't do nova blasts due to their structure not accounting for it.

Allowing them to do Nova Blasts (and survive) would take a whole-body reconstruction. Kanohi powers might be a neurological alteration/training and maybe a skull change if we aren't just going to build them as helmets.