Favourite Ninja suits?

Makuta Miras

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The 2013 Kimono ones. 

The others are a bit too bright. The black with smaller amounts of their elemental colour just works better.

Given the options on  the pole I see why you picked that but, just look.

Ghost%20Suit%20Cole.png

Ghost%20Suit%20Zane.png

Ghost%20Suit%20Jay.png

Ghost%20Suit%20Kai.png

Ghost%20Suit%20Lloyd.png

Why doesn't Kai have armour?

• Upvote 1

A signature is supposed to be this:

Jaeger_Gipsy_Danger_Decal_02.png

and BTW https://screen.yahoo.com/star-trek-convention-000000768.html

You've got a good eye for those things—I didn't notice that Kai lacked shoulder armor until you pointed it out!

In any case, there's actually a simple reason for that—that's the Kai from 70735 Ronin R.E.X., which lacks armor to allow him to fit in the Airjitzu spinner. The new Kai also appears in 70736 Attack of the Morro Dragon, where he does include shoulder armor like the other ninja.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

You've got a good eye for those things—I didn't notice that Kai lacked shoulder armor until you pointed it out!

In any case, there's actually a simple reason for that—that's the Kai from 70735 Ronin R.E.X., which lacks armor to allow him to fit in the Airjitzu spinner. The new Kai also appears in 70736 Attack of the Morro Dragon, where he does include shoulder armor like the other ninja.

Oh, I always look for stuff that Lego messes up.  And somehow, I don't get any Lego Magazines!  Now I would just check for Ninjago, really.

The 2013 Kimono ones. 

The others are a bit too bright. The black with smaller amounts of their elemental colour just works better.

Likely, he's either in a vehicle set or a mechsuit.

He come in 70735 Ronin R.E.X. which has an Airjetzu launcher on the top for Kai, no room for armor in there. It's the same for the Jay and comes in 70731 Jay Walker 1, but not Joy, Zane or Nia in 70737 Titan Mech Battle.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

The 2013 Kimono ones. 

He come in 70735 Ronin R.E.X. which has an Airjetzu launcher on the top for Kai, no room for armor in there. It's the same for the Jay and comes in 70731 Jay Walker 1, but not Joy, Zane or Nia in 70737 Titan Mech Battle.

I know that and I'm seeing the images now and don't forget ALL of the airjitzu guys don't have armour.  And there's also Chain cycle ambush with Zane (without armour)and some ghosts.

The 2013 Kimono ones. 

I know that and I'm seeing the images now and don't forget ALL of the airjitzu guys don't have armour.  And there's also Chain cycle ambush with Zane (without armour)and some ghosts.

If you know, why did you ask?

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

The 2013 Kimono ones. 

If you know, why did you ask?

I didn't, because I did :P .  Yeah, I don't know.  I just realized that...

Edited by Gipsy Danger

So... The new Spinners are in capsules to what: Keep the Ninja in or something?

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

So... The new Spinners are in capsules to what: Keep the Ninja in or something?

Well, they fly, so presumably it's a lot less likely for them to fall off with the pods. Also, you can use them as normal spinners if you just turn them upside down, in which case the capsule whatevers are what they spin on.

Edited by I-AM-YOUR-LORD

AXKP5KC.png

Well ok. But then the Ninja would be upside-down as well right? What are they Ninja Hitmontops?

• Upvote 1

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Well ok. But then the Ninja would be upside-down as well right? What are they Ninja Hitmontops?

Yeah, the ninja would be upside-down. Technically you could spin even the old spinners upside-down, with the Ninja literally spinning on their heads. There were even official videos on how to do so.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, the ninja would be upside-down. Technically you could spin even the old spinners upside-down, with the Ninja literally spinning on their heads. There were even official videos on how to do so.

I remember getting a card in the Spinjitzu game that caused the other player to spin their character upside-down for the duration of the game.

Yeah I never got into the actual game but I did play the version on Lego.com. Too bad they removed it in favor of the new season games. I really liked the original Ninjaga games. Unfortunately they seemed to crash or something on me as sometimes I could not save or proceed to new areas.

Onua.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I voted for the Techno Robes, simply because the Summer 2015 suits - known as the 'Deepstone Suits' - are not an option. I'm gonna go right away and just state my opinion on each of the suits (rant time!).

Original - They were nice and simple. I think they were great to start off the line, without doing anything over-the-top, just easy ninja goodness.

DX - These were pretty cool too, although there wasn't much of the ninja aesthetic in the torso printing. The names on the back, along with bigger symbols, were pretty awesome.

Kendo - I liked these as a sort of temporary, just-for-training suit. It was also nice to see the original suits make a comeback.

ZX - These were great because everyone received completely unique torso printing. It was also, I believe, the first time that printed weapons (such as Kai's shurikens) appeared. A downside, though, is that it pretty much separated into two tiers: gold (Kai and Zane) and silver (Cole and Jay). It erased the feeling of equality that the suits prior to this had.

NRG - I feel the NRG suits had a lot of potential (hurn hurn hurn), but the designers didn't flesh it out as much as they could. The printing had absolutely nothing in the way of shinobi shozoku aesthetic, and they just looked bland and unfinished.

Kimono - I didn't really like these. Of course, the extra black made them seem more like ninja, but the 'robes' made that kind of redundant - ninja uniforms should be tight and flexible, rather than the more 'cloaked' style they were made to evoke. Again, the ninja team is divided into two tiers.

Techno - These ones were great, mostly for the reasons Aanchir mentioned. They brought out the best of all their predecessors, and did away with the aforementioned 'tier system'. They also introduced the half-masks and made the ninja hair pieces easier to get.

Tournament - These were nice and detailed, similar but still unique. The main problem, though, is all the brown that ruins the ninja's individual color scheme. (It worked for some, such as Cole, Skylor and maybe Lloyd, but Jay and Kai got off worst.)

Zukin - Pretty much the same as the above, except with hoods instead of bandanas and hair.

Deepstone - I love these. They succeed everywhere that the Kimono failed. The black hoods with the ninja's personal color as a highlight look really good, and the shoulder armor/sword holders in black meshes nicely with the rest of the suit.

Airjitzu - A mesh of NRG and Kimono, and the result isn't very pleasing. These suits appear bland and unfinished, just like their predecessors.

Whhoooh. Those are my thoughts.

Edited by Aerixx
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I have always been a big fan of the DX robes from 2011. It makes them feel like they had mastered their abilities, and got a sweet golden accent in the shape of a dragon. I also thought it was the byproduct of using their golden weapons. LEGO even made one for Lloyd later, and that made me very happy.

The Elemental Kimonos are my second favorite, though.

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

I have always been a big fan of the DX robes from 2011. It makes them feel like they had mastered their abilities, and got a sweet golden accent in the shape of a dragon. I also thought it was the byproduct of using their golden weapons. LEGO even made one for Lloyd later, and that made me very happy.

The Elemental Kimonos are my second favorite, though.

The DX robes were awesome designs, though my biggest issue with them is that they felt rather flat — almost as if they were spandex superhero costumes rather than looser fabric. I love that we got a Lloyd DX costume last year!

I've really become fond of the new Deepstone costumes from this year! They use a nice stealthy black without giving up the brighter ninja colors, and the badge/emblem in the center almost feels like some kind of protective seal against ghosts (note that on the possessed Lloyd/"Evil Green Ninja" minifigure, the seal is broken and wreathed in a ghostly flame).

If there's one thing that bothers me about them, it's that Nya's costume has the new water variant of her phoenix symbol on both the front and back instead of having different symbols for the front and back like the other five ninja costumes. I'm not as bothered by the other differences between her costume and the others. The Deepstone costumes are still not my favorites, though, since they are sort of repetitive and aren't decorated with elemental motifs like the Techno Robes.