WARNING: This topic contains a lot of original material, even if it is fan-fiction, so it is legally protected by Creative Commons. Unlawful abduction of original material straight from this topic or similar writings by listed authors and project members is illegal. All rights go to their original authors and creators, only thing being claimed here is original material written by the individual that goes by the aliases Iaredios / RC15O5 / Kaiser_Quanah / Tahuzilla, and other authors that are members of the A Rude Awakening project. You have been warned.
-----A BIONICLE STRATEGY GAME-----
-----AND LORE EXPANSION PROJECT-----
(Formerly known as BIONICLE Universalis)
Still a Work In Progress! (Including the Topic)
Hello, I am Iaredios! This is a topic for requesting help for an overhaul modification for the acclaimed Grand Strategy Games, Europa Universalis IV and Crusader Kings II.
Now, here are things that I am in need of:
--- A Few Graphic Artists, mainly for loading screens and a world map; also flags. Loading screens show important characters (Tahu, un-mutated Pridak, etc.), scenery, marching troops, and battles between armies (Skakdi v. Ateros Nova, Element Lords v. Barraki, and the like), and other things; about 15 or less would be needed. I already have one and am currently working on another. I have already designed some flags, but I could use some assistance with, for instance, the Element Lords and multiple tribes of former-Bota Magna (among many, many others).
The world map. As I am the main developer of this mod, I have decided to take it upon myself to create the world map. I will update my progress as I go.
---Musicians, I need unique music and/or some Nathan Furst BIONICLE-styled music to fit a grand strategy game. 15-20 songs (5-15 minutes each) would be nice for the soundtrack. As this is being done completely free, I am sure it would be okay to use a pre-existing song that you deem to fit BIONICLE, I will be sure to give credit in the read me file and credits (music companies, you have no need to sue me. ). Most of the songs need to be peaceful and non-intrusive, while some songs need to be "epic" but remain true to the atmosphere of the game and not be too distracting. I would recommend listening to the original soundtrack of Europa Universalis IV (and prepare to tune along to Andreas Waldetoft!).
Coder, I am familiar enough with the game and could probably do this by myself, but a helper wouldn't hurt. This game is easy to mod, its just time excessive (just like the game itself. ). i will be seeking help from ParadoxPlaza when the need arises (and it will).
--Discussioneers: I know that is not a real word, but I could some people to just generally talk to about the course/direction of this mod, mainly discussing each faction's flag design (and meaning), cultures, religion (or virtues/beliefs), and locations, as well as organization of history. Really, I would just like a couple of Watsons.
- Toa Imrukii
- Toa Vanson
- Madu Cabolo
Special thanks go to SPIRIT for letting me use his avatar as a flag, and -Windrider- and Bonesiii for being patient with my many questions and requests. You guys are awesome. .
Song ideas and themes (to retain a Bionicle atmosphere, all songs must have at least some synthetic electronic tones, be it electronica, droning, etc. Battle tunes have to have some sort of soundtrack feel. Ask in topic if you have a question):
- Nealite Agori use a mixture of Bulgarian, Byzantine, and some Near-Eastern inspiration. Irfan, Ante Diem, and City of the Fallen are good sources of examples, as well as some traditional Medieval Roman music (I have good examples so just ask). Element Lords and Great Beings fall under this.
- Luhneahn Agori are primitive and their music should reflect that. Inspiration could be gained from Europa Barbarorum's barbarian music tracks. (And please for the love of God lets not do anything annoying)
- Skrall and Jirapa have a European barbaric feel to them, while retaining an organized imperial feel. TES IV: Skyrim (especially with choir and drums) and Conan the Barbarian (1980's) are good examples. Ancient in atmosphere, but also timeless.
- Ostonigosa [Bone Hunters] draw inspiration from Eurasian Steppes and desert nomads. A mixture of ethnic tunes from these two regions would probably fit best.
- Vorox could use like one song, being a mixture of tribal with old world desert tunes.
- Matoran draw heavily on a mixture of Maori music, electronica, and modern classical/soundtrack styles.
- Barraki is the same as Matoran except with a militaristic and imperial feel.
- Makutine (Makuta Cult) is the same as Matoran except sounding more sinister and mysterious
- Neuropolis, by Toa Vanson - Neuropolis is what the agori call Metru Nui (it translates into Brain City). You can imagine Spherus Magna travelers going through the ruins of Metru Nui, or a Matoran remembering the City of Legends in it's glory before the Battle of Bara Magna.
- Nealite Market, by Toa Vanson - Otherwise known as 'The Bard', this is a song fit for the daily hustle and bustle of forum or market square in the Greco-Near Eastern-inspired Agori of Greater Neala.
- Song Of The Nomads, by N/A - This is a song for the Ostonigosa (or, Bone Hunters). it is a combination of two songs from the Rome: Total War modification, Europa Barbarorum. I must make this clear, I did not make this song, just put the two songs together since they are very alike. A revision of this song could be done to have a more Bionicle feel to it.
- Makutine, by Toa Vanson - The theme for the evil cult based on Makuta Teridax, his prophet 'Turaga' Ahkmou. Pronounced as 'mah-koo-tee-nay', the name is of Nealite origin and is their linguistic variation of the word Makuta (obviously). The cult is made up of not only MU races but Spherus Magna races as well, as is reflected in the throat singing by present Ostonigosa culstists.
- 'Matoran Battle Song', by Toa Vanson - An absolutely fantastic song with an unfinished name. The people of the Matoran Universe gather together in what appears to be a battle that will be remembered for all of time, and the very survival of the Matoran Universe races hangs in the balance.
- 'ARA Electronics Demo', by Madu Cabolo - Great song test that has a very Bionicle-friendly atmosphere as it blends some world music with electronica. Fits the matoran race(s) very well. I would like it if this were extended.
(the top language is modern Agori; ancient Agori is close to that of the Matoran written language. My full alphabet can be found here)
-- Great Being Civil War (shows a Great Being departing a space ship with others closely behind him/her, and Marendar approaching the landing ramp)
-- Eternal War: Two groups of fluid spirit collectives, Protodermis/Avhagnu and Antidermis/Krahagnu, wage war upon each other across the void-remnant, their material corpses becoming either observable matter (stars, rocks, air, water, etc) or celestial monsters (Lovecraftian horrors). Waging for eons and used by Grunchar to create material things in Existence, the Eternal War between Light and Shadow continues today. The mass of darkness can be seen by the reflective light of the Avhagnu collective.
MAP UPDATE: http://www.brickshel...ctober_2016.png
*****UPDATE*****: Modification development is currently on hiatus to develop lore and art. Sorry if this disappoints you*****
Edited by Iaredios the Hip Historian, Jan 17 2017 - 02:12 PM.