Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

OOC: Sorry for my absence, everyone -- stuff going on the past couple of days.

Nuju: Hey. Just so you know there's a post form Alku that you need to reply to; I think it's on page 2 or 3. :)

Stoney: Umbra's still playing; he's having trouble catching up, though, so you may have to wait a little bit until he's ready to play.

IC - Ethan - Lilycove Park:

"It's probably best if I don't answer those questions in order," Ethan said. He looked at the clouds. "Well, to start, it looks like a bad forecast with a very large chance of rain. Beyond that, it probably has something to do with those invading Darkrai; until they become my problem, I won't worry about them, though." He looked away. "As for Team Aqua -- there are rumors that they're trying to come back into power. We're investigating them for Team Rocket." The Rocket member sat up, stretching. "And I think that answers your first question pretty well. We're Team Rocket agents. I'm Ethan, this is Karin and Eric, and we have a fourth member somewhere around here; her name is Jamie, though you probably won't see her. We're going to question Archie and then we're returning him."

IC - Gavin - Lavender Town:

Gavin knocked on the door, after looking at Dothe for support. The noise rang out, loud and hollow, around him in the empty street. "Come in," a deep, tired voice said. Gavin didn't enter quietly so much as kick the door in, lightning in the background emphasizing his point perfectly. The man he was staring at was sitting in a shadowy corner of the house at a table, his eyes hidden under the visor of his cap as he chewed on something. He merely glanced at Gavin as he barged in, a slight smile crossing his lips. "Took you long enough..."

OOC: And I finally got permission to do what I needed to do in relation to that curb stomp/big post I mentioned a while ago, so... Yeah, getting that rolling.

IC - Quincy Adams - Azalea Town:

Quincy couldn't help but let her jaw drop in shock, anger and surprise at what Dara had just done. A new portal had been opened, one that was pulling Witch towards it in a strong gust of... Reverse World wind, as far as she knew. All this in spite of what she had just told her! "Are you crazy!?" she demanded of the bounty hunter. "Just because Ford commissioned the creation of a Mewtwo that can create portals-"

Her voice was caught in her throat as a sudden chill came upon the area, and the sky above turned grey with clouds. She looked around, worried. This didn't tend to happen unless he got angry... but where was he? And when had he even gotten here? The answer to her first question came in the form of a black shadow that rose from the forest behind the Pokemon Center. Oh, boy...

Dara noticed it, as well. "Mewtwo, we've got company. Use-" The psychic never finished her command, as a pillar of shadow shot towards her and knocked her back. Mewtwo -- currently standing inside of the Reverse World -- sensed the newcomer; feeling his power, he moved to go back through the portal.

Chaos erupted.

Quincy was spared from the Darkrai's wrath, but Dara and Mewtwo were not so lucky. Fueled by rage at the careless tearing of the dimensional fabric, a gigantic whirlwind of shadow engulfed the entire upper floor of the Pokemon Center, shielding the exposed area where the walls had been destroyed from the outside, blotting out the sunlight. The only light that pierced it came from the Reverse World, and that didn't last long.

Mewtwo stopped, watching through his portal. "What is this...?" He moved closer, careful not to exit just yet. Just then, an eye appeared in the darkness, green in color and rapidly followed by the phasing in of first the white hair of the Pokemon, followed by the red necklace, and finally his full form. Mewtwo gawked at the Darkrai -- and almost quaked in fear as it spoke.

"You fools!" A hand of shadow launched forward, grabbing Mewtwo by the chest and slamming him into the floor. Waves of shadow crashed upon the DNA Pokemon as more hands forced the portal closed; the Darkrai whispered an apology to Giratina as he worked, before turning his rage and anger back onto Mewtwo. "This world is weak enough as it is, and yet here you have the audacity to continuously rip apart its very fabric!" Mewtwo was slammed into the floor again, before being knocked backwards by a Flamethrower. "The power to manipulate space and time are not toys passed on to beings lightly; if you cannot respect the fabric of your dimension, then you, in turn, shall see no respect!" Mewtwo was thrown back before being caught by another shadow arm and rammed into the ground; by this point he was too weak to fight back and too shocked to move. "Beings who rip and tear on a whim for their own purposes, never mindful of the consequences of their actions, are not deserving of the powers of the gods! You will not, on my account, destroy the fabric of the world that my brothers and sisters threaten -- that I have worked far too hard to preserve!" The Darkrai geared up for another attack, ready to finish Mewtwo off--

"That's enough, Nine!" Quincy called sharply. "You've made your point and he can't fight back; are you going to let this drop now while the lesson is learned, or act as your siblings do and show Mewtwo what it's like to have mercy withheld from them?" She glared Nine down as she spoke, the Darkrai having turned his head to stare angrily at her. After a few moments, the shadows began to disperse, retracting into his being.

"Checkmate," he said quietly.

Quincy shook her head, ignoring Nine and recalling Witch to her Poke Ball. She stared at Mewtwo for several long moments before looking back at Dara. "So... Looks like he fulfills Ford's expectations, at least."

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Karin raised her hand in a short informal wave as Ethan introduced her then turned to Ethan, perplexed."What was that about some Darkrai?" she asked. It was the first she had heard of such a thing."Oh, and perhaps it would be better ti question the man elsewhere," she suggested, gesturing towards the Aqua leader.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC - Ethan - Lilycove Park:

"Oh, I was told about it earlier; according to Silvia a group of Darkrai have started invading the regions. Sinnoh's already fallen," he said. "Like I said, though, nothing to be worried about at the moment -- we'll deal with it when we deal with it. For now, you're right -- let's find somewhere to talk to the man." "I can walk perfectly fine by myself," Archie said, pulling his arm away as Ethan moved to grab it. The Rocket member raised an eyebrow before shaking his head and looking towards the city. "Where to, though?"

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Rex followed Mr. Ozark into the park area. "Damien! You here, son?" the man shouted. A kid Rex's age appeared from behind a tree. He wore red and black skateboarding shoes, black jeans, a crimson t-shirt, and a black vest. His hair was raven in color, and his eyes were hazel."Jeez, Dad," he said. "I'm right here.""Any signs of Liberty anywhere?"Damien nodded in a direction. "Thataway," he replied. He eyed Rex suspiciously. "Who's this?""Rex Drake," the Trainer replied. Mr. Ozark explained what happened."Thanks, I guess," said Damien. "Paralyzing toxic darts... Doesn't sound good. Think you could study the toxin, Dad?"Mr. Ozark nodded, then handed a pair of hand guns to the two. "I took these off of those thugs. Don't use them often, until I can figure out what the poison is."Mr. Ozark glanced around, then left. Damien led Rex toward Ethan. "Credis in Libertatem?" Rex inquired, eyes steely.

IC:Elgyem suddenly teleported infront of a fleeing citizen and as soon as he appeared, both teleported away. It was the third time that happened. Roderick and Jake so far had joined forces with the trainers who were trying to drive away the enemy Darkrai. While Mina was helping the people get away from the battle. OOC: Any idea when is Det coming back? I'm afraid I might have gotten myself stuck here...

Firma_Rigure.jpg
Credit for the signature goes to LMKMARAVILLOSO
qs64464.jpg
Every puzzle has an answer

IC: Ryan flinched a bit when he realized his rescuers were from Team Rocket. But wait, he told himself. They just helped us get out of that prison, right? Team Rocket may have chased me out of my home in Fortree, but that doesn't mean all Rockets are evil. Not to mention, we've got a common enemy in this Hojohsin League. This was also the first time Ryan had heard of these Darkrai. "Sinnoh's already fallen?" he said. "How is that nothing to worry about?"

He glanced at Alex, who was taken aback by the news; Alex's hometown was in Sunyshore. Ryan then turned to look at the dark clouds, and he felt a chill run down his spine. Sinnoh's fallen... and it looks like Hoenn's next! I've got to get to Fortree before those Darkrai do; I can't let it meet the same fate as Sinnoh!

Ryan turned back to the Rockets. "Thank you for helping us escape," he said. "But now we must resume our journey to Fortree. And if what you say about those Darkrai is true, then I've got all the more reason to get there as fast as I can."

Edited by Konuju

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

OOC: Neya and Umbra are basically in the same boat right now -- busy but trying to catch up. Detranix should post if you PM him. Aside from that, I'm not sure what else to tell you guys. If it gets to a point where you are absolutely stuck, then PM me and we can figure out a way to retcon you to a different place. :)

IC - Ethan - Lilycove:

"No problem," Ethan said. "The Hojohsin League's a nasty lot, apparently; no one deserves to be imprisoned by them on bogus claims. Anyway, good luck with whatever you're up to." He looked at Karin and Eric. "So, any ideas for places we can interrogate Mr. Archie at? I don't suppose an abandoned warehouse or the old Team Aqua base would work?"

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Now that the lot of the kids were drifting away, she felt more at liberty to speak of possibly sensitive topics."Somewhere where there would not be too many people, if any," she said. "Perhaps down by the rocky area of the shore? I can't imagine many people frequenting that."

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOC: Detranix has given me co-control of the Darkrai invasion. So I think I will spice things up. IC: Lavaridge Town Eight was laughing madly. How she loved to hear the screams of the humans! But her group had to hurry along and move East. "That is enough!", Eight said in a maniacal voice, "Let us leave this place now and hurry along!" But not without a parting shot........ With a look of madness burning in her eyes, Eight made a huge horizontal swipe with her arms, firing off an enormous Spacial Rend at Mt. Chimney, causing the mountain to rain fire upon the surrounding area.. With that Eight and her group left Lavaridge Town, Eight's horrifying laughter echoing in the darkening sky.........

OOC:

IC: "All right..." Tim said warily. He didn't like the feel of this, but it could just be nerves. Then again, he was perfectly fine getting in here...

Mild bunnying follows. IC: The two young men soon entered the pokemon center. Fortunately, it seemed as though they were the only ones in line, so each of them pulled out their poke balls and handed them to the nurse. As they were being healed, Joseph glanced around furtively. The few others in the center looked nothing like Hex. Yet again, however, he rationalized any thoughts of his friend being caught away. He was probably still taking his time at the prison. No need to worry.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC:Hex looked around. He was standing in the middle of a Pokémon center. It was specifically used for Team Rocket members. Only for Team Rocket members.Hex had deemed it unneccessary. Pulser had agreed. Everyone was dead. Even the nurses. All slaughtered mercilessly by Minun, Prinplup, or Zweilous.Stepping out, Hex tossed a small capsule over his shoulder. Whistling, he didn't even turn to look at it as it exploded.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

-==IC: Zach==-

Zach watched as the Ariados was surprised, but then attempted to regain it's composure, but, unfortunately, that wasn't quick enough, as the Gallade ran up to it quickly, attempted to slash out, however, interrupted it's attack mid-slash, and then disappeared, only to reappear behind the Ariados to finish it's attack. The shocked Ariados turned it's head for a moment, but then collapsed.

"Those Extrasensory attacks did have an effect. It was mostly to soften your Ariados up, of course. And then when you combine that with a super effective Psycho Cut..." Zach was explaining, as the Rocket suddenly started to laugh hysterically.

"What's so funny?" Zach asked with a frown, and the Rocket then smirked.

"You think you beat me with that one puny attack? Think again!" The Rocket yelled out, as the Ariados rose to it's feet, strings helping to support it's attempt, as Zach narrowed his eyes.

Ready Blade? Swords Dance, Teleport, Slash. Zach commanded with his thoughts, as he closed his eyes, with prompted a smirk from the Rocket member.

"Hah; giving up? Good idea. Ariados, Poison Jab." The Rocket called out, as Blade simply twirled his arms around, raising his attack. However, at the last moment before the Poison Jab could have connected, Blade disappeared.

"Too slow." Blade and Zach said at the same time with telepathy for Blade and normal speech for Zach, as Blade simply slashed normally at the Ariados, severing the lines that kept him up, and also dealing more damage to the Ariados, which was simply too much for it now, as it fell unconscious from the sheer amount of damage dealt in such short time. The Rocket narrowed his eyes, but then smirked, as he chuckled.

"You think you've beaten us because one member of our team is down? Think again." The Rocket said with a malicious smile, but did nothing further for that one moment.

OOC: Parugi, just a quick question before I continue any of Orange's fights... Are any of the trainers he and Sonja are fighting Executives? Just wanna make sure that doesn't accidentally fall under your control, and I start replying with partial control. ^_^;

Edited by Tiz Arrior

OOC: Thanks, Parugi. IC: Searcher: Searcher considered the question for a moment. Was he evil? He watched the runes climb up the boy's leg, feeling no remorse, and decided that yes, he might be a little evil. "While you hold up the Darkrai, Mr. Tierra, I will be promptly on my way," he said. He released Roselia to protect him and hurried as swiftly away as he could. Bruen, unsure of what to do, stuck with Evan. IC: Jake: Jake experienced anothe rwave of pain, slightly stronger than the one before; he tried to fall down, and managed to conceal it. "Alright," he said after it passed, releasing Dragonite. "Let's go."

150px-Unity%2C_Duty_and_Destiny.jpg

Unity. . . Got it covered

Duty . . . Well, still working on it.

DESTINY . . . Meh.

2 out of 3. =D

IC: [So I guess this is goodbye?] Litwick said, turning to Chingling and Shuppet.

[Indeed it is,] Chingling nodded.

[Hopefully, next time we meet, our trainers won't be captured,] Misdreavus giggled. [But in all seriousness, thank you very much.]

[No problem,] Shuppet smiled. [If you're ever in the area, be sure to visit!]

"Chingling, Shuppet, Abra, thank you for all your help," Ryan said as he, Alex and Jake hopped on Dragonite.

I wish you luck, Abra saluted before teleporting away.

Meanwhile, the two ghosts returned to Mt. Pyre. Ryan and Alex returned Misdreavus and Litwick, waiting for Dragonite to take off.

Edited by Konuju

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC: Searcher HQ Ruins "THOSE PEOPLE ALL DIED BECAUSE OF YOU.", Evan said in a savage voice that was not like his usual calm voice, "THEY ALL DIED BECAUSE THEY FOLLOWED YOU, AND HOW DO YOU REPAY THEIR LOYALTY? BY RUNNING. WELL I AM NOT GOING TO LET THIS STAND." As Evan was shouting after Seacher, the runes continued to cover his body. But it did not end there, Evan's body was also slowly being enveloped in darkness. A darkness that seethed with anger and loathing of all who would follow the light. Suddenly, there was a flash of light where Evan was, and there stood a figure, covered in darkness and glowing with a sinister purple light. Bruen was horrified. Is this the power of Space manifesting in Evan? Or was it something else? "Well, that was interesting.", The figure said in a bloodcurdlingly low voice, "I am so glad that pesky bird took all of you down. I was wondering when I would get to play!" "Who or what are you?", Bruen asked, his voice shaking a bit, "What happened to Evan?" "Oh, My name is Feral. Feral Tierra." The figure stated, "And he is still around, I am just taking control for a while. I am the coalescence of all of Evan's negative emotions, brought to life by both the power of space and Evan's lillte meltdown back there." "Feral then drew out a poke ball, that was covered in the same darkness as him, the button glowing purple. "C'mon out Gnip!", Feral said in a vicious tone "We've got work to do!" Out of the pokeball came out Gnip, but she was covered in a purple glow, her scales seemed even more pronounced, her teeth jagged and chipped. Feral turned to Bruen and said, "You are none of my concern. I only wish to cause Evan to suffer, and taking out your former leader should do the trick to push him into even deeper depths of despair and horror." With that, Feral and Gnip followed Searcher's trail slowly and menacingly.... OOC: Sort of New character time.. Username: Your username here. Duh.Name: Feral TierraFaction: Himself.Hometown: Evan.Age: 22Appearance: Feral is a shadowy silhouette of Evan glowing purple.Personality: Feral is everything Evan is not. Bloodthirsty, cruel and downright insane are just a few of the words that can be used to describe him.Background: Feral is the all the anger, fear, and despair that Evan has tried to hide, brought forth by the power of Space. He seeks to cause Evan as much pain as possible, and will do whatever it takes to make it so.Pokemon: All of Evan's current team, empowered by his own darkness.

IC: Dack
"The weather here is much more hot and humid than Sunyshore," Ben muttered.

"Try Snowpoint," Dack rolled his eyes.

"Didn't you say you've been to Hoenn before?" Ben asked.

"Once... not including that little stop in Rustboro before that mission for Soil Colossus," Dack smiled grimly. "Not that long ago, in fact. In a way, it's what brings us back here..."

"What do you mean?" Ben asked, confused.

But Dack remained silent, allowing his memories to rush in once more...
A few months ago...

Dack stared out the window as the plane took off. For the first time in his life, he was leaving Sinnoh. As he tried to spot Snowpoint to the north, he thought back to how he had ended up on this mission.

It had been about two weeks ago when Dack was watching the TV. A news story had popped up about a riot against Team Rocket in Sootopolis City, Hoenn. Rumor had it that the riot had been started by Team Liberty. Dack confirmed these rumors to be true when he spotted Adam in the news broadcast as one of the leaders of the riot. This was the first time he had seen Adam since his battle with him in Jubilife two years previously. After this, Dack immediately went to sign up for a mission that would take him to Sootopolis. And so now Dack was on a plane to Hoenn. The assignment was to capture people known to be against Team Rocket.

Dack crouched behind a bush as the head Rocket approached the door. After a quick debriefing at Paradise, Team Rocket’s Hoenn base, Dack had found himself on yet another aircraft, heading for Fortree. He would be working his way from Fortree to Lilycove to Mossdeep, and eventually Sootopolis, capturing anti-Rocket people all the way. Dack just hoped Adam would still be there by the time they got to Sootopolis.

But now wasn’t the time to think about that; they had made it to the first offending house in Fortree and had surrounded it.

“Open up!” the head Rocket rapped on the door. A woman opened the door and fearfully backed up at the sight of the Rockets standing outside. The Rockets quickly forced their way in, placing the woman and her husband in handcuffs.

“You are under arrest for plotting against Team Rocket,” the leading Rocket said.

“Where’s your proof?” the husband asked, struggling against his handcuffs.

“Proof?” the Rocket laughed. “We don’t need any proof. But since you insist, the proof is right here.” The Rocket held up a file and was about to open it when the door opened.

Dack and the other Rockets turned to see a young boy in a bright red shirt standing in the doorway with a Cyndaquil on his shoulder. One of the Rockets cursed as the boy took one look at the scene and charged at the Rockets. “Release my parents!” he cried, punching the head Rocket in the stomach.

“Ryan, don’t worry about us!” the boy’s father cried as the Rockets advanced on the kid. “Save yourself! Run!”

The boy aimed a kick at a Rocket grunt, grabbed a backpack, and darted out of his home.

“After him!” the head Rocket wheezed, clutching his stomach. Dack and a few others chased the kid while the rest stayed behind to secure the parents.

The boy ran into the forest that surrounded Fortree, and had his Cyndaquil use Smokescreen. “This kid’s tricky,” Dack muttered to himself as the rest of the Rockets tried to make their way through the thick smoke. “But a few smoke tricks won’t stop me!” Dack sent out his Swellow and had it fly him up above the trees to chase the boy from the skies.

IC: Ryan
Ryan felt the wind on his face as Jake's Dragonite took off. They were finally headed to Fortree. It had only been a few months ago that Team Rocket had chased Ryan out of his home. In that time, he had wandered across Johto and Kanto, met up with Jake, Alex, and Alec, become a member of Team Liberty, and gone on all sorts of adventures. And now he was returning.

Closing his eyes, Ryan remembered that fatefull day when the Rockets invaded his home...
A few months ago...

Ryan Sanders ran for his life. Just a few minutes ago, he had been playing with Quil in the Fortree forest. When he came home, however, it was to find that Team Rocket had invaded his home. And now he was on the run, using Quil’s Smokescreen to try and stop the Rockets’ pursuit. It was amazing just how fast his world could turn upside down.

Ryan was just starting to tire out when he nearly collided with a steep rock wall. It seemed as if he had outrun the Rockets, but he couldn’t be sure, so he started to climb, Quil on his shoulder still billowing out Smokescreen. As he climbed up the cliff, Ryan found a large circle of rocks and recalled the legends regarding this place. The ancient ruins that lay on the top of the small mountain were said to be the home of a Legendary Pokemon: Registeel.

If I could get my hands on that Pokemon, I could return to Fortree and force Team Rocket to release my parents, Ryan figured. In the back of his mind, he knew it would be nearly impossible to catch a Registeel with only a Cyndaquil and a handful of Pokeballs, but he ignored that fact. Fire is good against steel; I’ll have the advantage!

Lightning streaked across the sky as Ryan pulled himself up onto the plateau, and a heavy rain started to fall. “Let’s see those Rockets try to climb up here in this rain,” he grinned.

Just then, something slammed into Ryan’s back, sending him sprawling on the ground. Rolling over, he saw a Rocket member carried by a Swellow, floating in the air a few feet above him.

“You insolent fool,” the Rocket growled, aiming a kick at Ryan’s face. “You thought that little Smokescreen trick of yours would stop us? It may have stalled the grunts on the ground, but I was able to track you from the skies, and that Smokescreen led me right to you! You can’t outrun Team Rocket!”

“Why?” Ryan groaned, picking himself up off the ground. “Why me?”

“Your parents have been plotting against Team Rocket, so we placed them under arrest. After you walked in on us, we couldn’t just let you walk away. So now we’re capturing you as well. Don’t take it personally; I’m just doing my job.”

“You’ll pay for what you’ve done! Quil, Ember!” The Cyndaquil shot out a few small flames, which the Rocket and his Swellow dodged easily.

“You’re a violent one, aren’t you?” the Rocket laughed. “Go, Luxio! Thunder Fang!”

“Tackle!” Ryan cried. The Luxio nimbly dodged the attack and bit Quil, sending electricity coursing through its body before tossing it away like a rag doll.

“You know, you remind me a bit of myself when I was your age,” the Rocket said. “I was quick to use brute force rather than strategy. Team Rocket helped me become stronger.”

“What’s your point?” Ryan asked, rushing to Quil’s side.

“You have the strong will that Team Rocket’s looking for. We can train you to hone your skills and become a better trainer. Don’t go the same way as your parents; Team Rocket can help you on the way to greatness.”

Ryan looked from the large stones that marked the ancient ruins to the Rocket still hovering above him. The Rocket was right about one thing: his power was greatly outmatched by Team Rocket. Quil stood no chance against the Luxio, not to mention the Swellow.

“Well?” the Rocket frowned. “I won’t wait forever.”

“The answer’s no!” Ryan cried, picking up Quil in his arms. “Smokescreen!” He knew that he only had a few moments before the rain dissipated the smoke. While the Rocket and his Pokemon were blinded by the attack, Ryan and Quil slid down the side of the cliff, trying not to slip in the rain, and landed on a small ledge about halfway down. From there, they ducked into a small cave Ryan had noticed on his way up.

Once he was sure the Rocket grunt hadn’t followed him, Ryan opened up the backpack he had grabbed before leaving his house. Giving Quil an Oran Berry, Ryan changed into darker clothes, which would render him less noticeable in this stormy weather.

With that done, Ryan rested against the cave wall and thought about what to do next. He had always disliked the Rocket government, but had never considered being outright against them. Now it turned out his parents had actually plotted against Team Rocket. Was it possible that Team Rocket could be overthrown? Having refused Team Rocket’s offer to join them, Ryan knew he was a marked man. But if he could find the rebel group Team Liberty, they might be able to help him.

“I might as well,” Ryan decided, patting Quil’s head. “After all, what have I got to lose?”

Ryan’s Smokescreen escape tactic had worked well. By the time Dack’s Swellow had blown away the smoke, the boy was nowhere to be seen. Dack and a group of fellow Rockets would search the forest for the next three days while the rest moved on to Lilycove, Mossdeep, and Sootopolis to continue with their mission.

Dack never found any sign of the boy, nor did he ever get the chance to challenge Adam in Sootopolis. Although Team Rocket had counted the boy as a loss, Dack was certain that they hadn’t seen the last of him. Just as he himself was determined to defeat Adam, he knew this boy wouldn’t rest until he had his revenge on the Rockets that had taken his family from him.

OOC: I imagine the track "To Die For" from The Lion King playing during this, starting with Ryan's flashback. If you time it right, it fits perfectly.

Edited by Konuju

OoC: Parugi, Rex asked Ethan a question. Brownie points for who translates what Rex said. :sly:

OOC: As soon as I saw this post, I decided to go for it. "Should we trust the Liberties" credis from Credo, credere (give trust to, believe), in (in or on) and libertatem (liberty (are you sure that isn't supposed to be Libertates(since there is more than one) (Edit: actually since Credo is a special verb it should take the dative case so libertatibus?)) Will edit in an IC in a moment, I need to finish reading this page.

IC: Percival took a few breaths before he actually communicated his thoughts to Guinevere who in turn transmitted the thoughts to James. After James had heard everything Percival had to say Guinevere transmitted some images from Percival’s mind and placed them in James’ mind.

So what do you think? Guinevere asked.

“This is top quality information to have going in there, however I am sorry Percival, but I do believe you are wrong on one account.” The candle pokemon looked slightly confused. “You said you were not detected but you said a Houndoom looked towards you. Also in one image that you sent to me, it seemed that for a brief instant, Pierce’s eyes shifted towards you, although this could have been an accident with the earlier information in mind it seems we can conclude he did notice you.”

Percival looked a little downtrodden as James continued, “However what you have accomplished is give us a first look at the enemy base, an idea of what their security is like and give evidence to a theory of mine, I am in your debt,” he said making Percival feel better as he was retreated to his pokeball.

So now what? Guinevere asked him. “I need to check these files I received but we should be able to move soon, if not today. Or rather we must.”

Edited by Claus Von Minun the 4th

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

OOC: Spartan: Sorry; like I said, I was busy and basically could only skim the last few posts before mine.

Blade: Riley Jr./the guy with the Mamoswine and the Zapdos is an Executive; the others aren't, though they are still Elites, and therefore basically only one or two ranks below Executive.

IC - Ethan - Lilycove:

"In this weather? I guess that's a good point," Ethan said; as if to demonstrate his point the autumn winds blew, a chill wind that was only amplified by the cloud of darkness. "Only thing is that there might be some Aqua members over there, considering where it is. But whatever; nothing we can't handle."

Just then, a man and two younger trainers approached. Ethan raised an eyebrow, crossing his arms as they neared; one of them walked up to him. "Credis in Libertatem?"

He blinked. "Excuse me? I don't speak Latin." He was prepped to grab a Pokeball in the need arose; he recognized Libertatem, at the least, and there was a slight possibility going from that that these people were Liberty agents -- possibly less friendly than the ones they had just rescued. He didn't let his suspicions show in his face, however.

IC - ? - Lavaridge Town: Two minutes ago...

The Darkrai continued to attack; while trainers were rallying to fight them, things weren't going well at all. A jogger gritted his teeth as his last Pokemon fell to an attack, fainted; he dropped to his knees in despair at the defeat. at the same time that another shadow bolt was launched at him. The darkness engulfed him, covering him, blinding him...

The Darkrai left soon after. In the ruins of the town, the shadows continued to encase the jogger. Eventually, they would wear away, dissipating into the shadows around him. Still on the ground, he opened his eyes slowly, lazily, sleepily. They glowed bright blue... blue...

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: The Darkrai in Rustboro were now unamused by the resistance, and Four was going to take it into his own hands to end it himself. Four began gathering his energy into a massive Shadow Ball attack. Seven giggled. "This is gonna do some damage~!" Five silently motioned for the others to ignore the humans. "Good thing we aren't so fragile," snorted Two. "The moment that attack hits, there's gonna be a bit of a mess." ~Det

Edited by ~Detranix~
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

OOC: Well that's why I asked: Zapdos and Mamoswine are two of Orange's opponents. I could IC with Zangetsu, but he just used Close Combat, so he'll be out of the fight shortly, more than likely. I'll post though, since Ursaring's an Elite from your description, instead of executive. =P

-==IC: Orange==-

Orange frowned, as the Ursaring smirked, and attempted to dodge the attack, however, the Zangoose hadn't just started fighting recently, and as such, appeared before the Ursaring quickly, and finished the attack, which connected, and released the midnight black coloured energy, knocking both Zangetsu and Ursaring back in the process. However, special consideration had to be taken, since the attack was super-effective, and was from a Swords-Dance boosted Close Combat punch. However, even so, Ursaring slowly staggered to it's feet as it panted. Orange didn't figure it had much fight left in it, but considered the fact that it was still trying to fight amusing. However, the black energy vanished from around Orange's Zangoose, as it slowly got to it's feet, obviously losing it's ability to fight quickly.

"Hammer Arm." The Rocket Elite stated casually, as the Ursaring began to spin it's arm quickly, which intrigued Orange, as it begin to quickly walk toward Zangetsu.

"Dodge it and use-" Orange started to call out, however, the Ursaring had some surprises still, as it suddenly appeared in front of Zangetsu with surprising agility for it's injuries, and then slammed the weakened Zangoose into the ground, which caused Orange to frown for a moment, but then shrugged.

"Alright then." Orange said, as he called Zangetsu back.

"Scatter. Senbonzakura Kageyoshi." Orange called out, as he released the Pawniard, who instantly had a row of sword blades surrounding him after being released from his Pokeball, as Orange kept his face emotionless, and Senbozakura mimicked that expression with a look of disdain, even as the Swords Dance began to boost his attack power.

OOC: Be warned, I watched almost the entire Byakuya vs. Ichigo fight today, so I've seen some of Byakuya's moves instead of just reading about them... Which'll help with mimicking the moves for Senbonzakura. =P

Edited by Tiz Arrior

OOC: Hm... Something I just realized, Minun -- if Percival didn't notice that Pierce had glanced in his direction -- which in and of itself is debatable, as my post regarding him said that he noticed the ghost's presence on his computer -- then wouldn't the memories that Guinevere scanned and showed to James show only what Percival thought he saw? Going off of that, if Percival hadn't noticed the glance while looking directly at Pierce and his computer, then theoretically he wouldn't have taken it in or remembered it for Guinevere or James to see, either. Just a thought. :3

IC - Kyle/Sonja/Riley Jr./Rockets - Ecruteak City:

"Mamoswine, Protect," Riley, Jr. ordered lazily. A light blue shield of energy appeared around the large mammoth, taking the Powder Snow attack for him; as it did so, he charged forward with Take Down, the shield giving him protection form the recoil while adding something even harder to hit the Oshawott with.

"Timburr, get up!" Sonja called. That last hit from Mamoswine had done a number of the Fighting-Type, even with as casual an attack as it was; he flinched every time he tried to move his arm, and the log he carried didn't help, almost causing the dazed Pokemon to fall over. The trainer bit her lip. Why did everything have to break into mindless fighting? "You know what? Never mind; return, Loki -- you did well." She held his Poke Ball up, recalling him into it, a worried expression on her face. One at a time, she thought, looking at Gaia as she attempted to help against the Ursaring. "Gaia, Stun Spore!"

"Unleash your attack, Zapdos!" John Riley, Jr. called. to the great bird above him.

As the golden stars of energy shot toward the Electric-Flying Type, Zapdos became engulfed in a yellow-silver aura, eyes and figure glowing brightly against the bright blue sky. The bird let loose a mighty caw before turning and launching towards the Typhlosion; the stars bounced harmlessly off of the energy surrounding it as it passed by, shining wings striking the Fire-Type. Not stopping to see how much damage it had done, Zapdos kept going, the sheer power driving it forward. It flew through the various battles at impressive speeds, lightning leaping from its wings as it moved and striking every Pokemon in its path -- Team Rocket and Team Liberty, though it was mindful enough to keep the uncontrolled attacks on the former more forcibly controlled and powered down than it did on the latter. Among those that were hit were Jolteon, Jaeda, Gallade, Labo, Gaia, Heracross, Deoxys, Plush, and even Steelix, Ruji and Muddy, as well as the aforementioned hit on Cyndy.

Its attack finished, Zapdos returned to the skies, a triumphant look on its face. The group as a whole -- minus the Rocket members, who cheered at the Zapdos's display of sheer power while returning the fainted Jolteon and Heracross -- was aghast; Kyle's eyes were wild as he recalled Jaeda and Ruji, both of whom had fainted from the attack. Sonja was shocked; with Gaia now paralyzed, she, too, had no choice but to recall the Grass-Type.

"That... Did that just... happen?" Kyle managed to ask.

Sonja nodded weakly. "And it's not even phased..."

"Giving up?" Riley asked calmly, a smirk on his face. "This is just the tip of the iceberg; even if you manage to bring down Zapdos you won't last long enough to bring down my second card."

OOC: So, update time. Remaining Rocket Pokemon on field:

-Zapdos

-Ursaring

-Steelix

-Mamoswine

Remaining Liberty Pokemon on field:

-Rukia

-Zangetsu

-Tank? I think.

-Any that actually managed to not faint from Zapdos's attack.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Actually, Zangetsu just got fainted and replaced with Senbonzakura.

Orange narrowed his eyes, as he recalled Hozukimaru, just in time for the attack to occur. Luckily, Rukia had somehow been missed, and Senbonzakura had just been released when the attack was happening.

This is not good, however... Orange thought, as he saw that both the Mamoswine and Ursaring were still somehow standing.

Zach growled, as both Cyndy and Blade were heavily damaged by that one attacked, and Cyndy knocked right out of the fight. Zach recalled Cyndy, and then looked to Blade, who growled, and then glared up at the electric bird.

I can still fight! Blade said over telepathy, as he slowly got back to his feet, but panted, as Zach frowned.

We need to think of a strategy. Zach thought to Blade, as he turned his attention fully to that Zapdos.

It's our most important target now... I have a possible idea of how we could fight, but... Can you handle it in your condition? Zach asked, and Blade nodded.

Alright then... Relay the plan to Rento. Zach thought, saying no words out loud, as he released his Luxray silently, as he closed his eyes, trying to visualize the plan and run it through his head, even as he tried to synchronize with Blade further.

Let's go. Zach thought, as both him and the Gallade nodded, and Gallade teleported upwards toward the Zapdos slightly, however, not near enough to attack... Even as he was falling, however, the reason for that was made apparent, as Rento jumped through the air, and then used one of Blade's arms as a stepping stone of sorts to soar toward Zapdos quickly, even as his fangs glowed with Ice.

"Senbonzakura; Senkei formation!" Orange called out, intending to use the same move he had used earlier that day against the Ursaring to quickly finish it off. The Pawniard nodded, and grabbed one of the swords from his Swords Dance, and then attempted to use an improvised Metal Claw, having the sword substitute for a claw, even as he sliced out toward the Ursaring. The normal type attempted to dodge, however, the speed drop from the Hammer Arm attack, mixed with an adverse reaction to the stun spore that Sonja had used, meant that he was way too slow to react, as the Pawniard seemed to vanish, and then reappeared behind the Ursaring.

"Too slow." Orange stated, even as the Pawniard sliced out at the Elite's Ursaring, causing a lot of damage from the skillful attack, combined with another Swords Dance boosted move. After everything that had happened, finally, the Ursaring fainted, from the combination of strong attacks used against it, even though it had tried to stand up after the attack. It just simply didn't have the stamina left, after enduring so many other attacks.

"And so another falls." Orange said simply, as he closed his eyes, and then turned to the other battle.

"Sonja, let's keep up our attacks against that arrogant trainer. We should be able to get him soon." Orange stated, as he turned his gaze in that direction, and looked at Senbonzakura.

"Scatter, Senbonzakura." Orange ordered, as the Pawniard nodded, and ran toward the Mamoswine quickly, even as he gazed up at the Zapdos, thinking of how he might be able to affect it. However, after considering his remaining Pokemon, his eyes widened.

"Of course, that's it!" Orange shouted out, with a smile, as he gripped his last Pokeball, but faltered for a moment.

Though he hasn't seen a fight under my control... He has Ice Punch. I just hope that's all that'll be needed... Orange thought, as he released Aizen against the Zapdos.

"Kyoka Suigetsu." Orange said, as Aizen looked at him with an intrigued look, but then looked up at the Zapdos, and smirked, and then shimmered for a moment, before he teleported up to where where the Zapdos was, but behind it, as the Abra's hand became covered in ice, and Aizen smirked once more, even as he slammed the hand toward the electric bird quickly.

Edited by Tiz Arrior

IC: Jason: Jason dashed out of the prison and caught the Dragonite soaring away. He released Flygon, hopped on, and started to tail the Liberties. IC: Jake: Jake felt a wave of nausea overcome him as Dragonite lost height momentarily. "Catch me if I fall," he mumbled to Ryan. IC: Searcher: Searcher glanced back and saw the runes torture the poor boy he had added to the Searchers organization. Strangely, or not so strangely, he didn't feel a shred of remorse for the savage words screamed out by Mr. Tierra.

DESTINY . . . Meh.

2 out of 3. =D

OOC: Sorry I haven't been on, lots of things going on. Feel free to control my characters if I'm absent for a while. IC - Justin Icewater: "Shoot," he said, recalling Muddy, Plush, and Slash. "Sunny, Extrasensory, aim for the Steelix," The Nuzleaf nodded, sending a p, sensychic attack to it, but it didn't do much. "Switch between that and Faint Attack!" Drifter, who had Stockpiled, Swallowed, and Minimized enough, managed not to faint from the Zapados' attack. There wasn't much it could do, though. Her offensive side was limited, and she felt useless in this battle. Even her own trainer had forgotten she was on the field. She had to do something, something big. [Now isn't the time for longing for things,] she thought, Stockpiling once more, preparing for a powerful Spit Up, still avoiding the battle. The Steelix, hardly noticing the Extrasensory, turned anyway. It was unfazed by Zapados' attack; it was in it's genetics, electric attacks simply didn't harm it. It raised it's tail up, again, as it produced a white glow. When it brought the tail down, however, the Nuzleaf was not there. It appeared behind the Steelix, kicking the back of it's head. Not that it did much. "Now, Razor Leaf!" Sunny sent thousands of leaves into the back of Steelix's head. Many chipped their way into the steel, with obvious pain. That wasn't enough, though. IC - Eric Spiros: "Ooh, Latin. I've always wanted to learn," Eric said. He saw Ethan reaching for a Pokeball, so he did the same. Get ready.. IC - Zac Flash: A Hydro Pump rushed at them. Zac's Duskull arrived just in time, and threw a Shadow Ball into the attack, splitting the direction. The two trainers were only sprayed with water. "Thanks," Zac said. "We've got company." He threw three more pokeballs, and the rest of his Pokemon appeared. A Kecleon (Melon), a Mawile (Chompy), and a Darmanitan (Kongo). "Kongo, watch yourself; the enemy uses water."

-==IC: White/Anville Forest==-

Summer sighed as she shook her head, but released Tynalite, in an attempt to counter whoever her opponent was, even as she looked around.

"If we catch sight of where the Meloetta is, we have to run toward it... If this is a Plasma trainer, I don't really know how long we could last against the trainer... and where there's one Plasma trainer, there's typically multiple." Summer explained, as she continued to prepare for whatever happened next, even though the hydro pump had soaked her.

Edited by Tiz Arrior

Dragonite swooped low as they approached Fortree. It was just like Ryan remembered it. He tried to make out his house from the many tree houses in the city, but Dragonite was moving too fast. "Hanging in there, Jake?" Ryan asked as Dragonite prepared to land in a clearing in the middle of the city.

Edited by Konuju

OOC: Blade: Ah. Well, I meant the Pawniard, and the Japanese nicknames mixed in with the weird commands confused me, so... :P

On an unrelated topic -- and this is directed at everyone -- I think I'm going to retire the use of the term "[insert faction here] Grunt" and replace it with "[insert faction here] Soldier." I feel like Grunt makes people view their opponent as the weaklings from the games who can be beaten in 2-3 turns... :P

IC - Kyle/Riley/Sonja/Rocket Elites - Ecruteak City:

Sonja smiled sadly at Orange, though couldn't make a move aside from that. "Sorry, Orange," she called. "I'm out of this fight -- the only Pokemon that I have left to fight with is Ares, and half the time he won't listen to me. There's not much else I can do."

"Maybe you can't," Kyle said, watching the battle. "But I can. Daiga, Rapid Spin!"

He held out the Sandslash's Pokeball, releasing the Pokemon onto the field. Immediately the Sandslash rolled up and began to spin, going in circles before launching into a tree, form which it ricocheted up to Zapdos. The Legendary Bird simply cawed again, letting the two ice attacks hit it -- before releasing another massive Thunder onto the pair of Pokemon, striking both of them. And while it was damaged, it was still flying; the Legendary would not fall victim to such simple attacks, at least not yet. Whipping around, it merely slammed a wing into Daiga, knocking him back to the ground.

"Arrogant trainer?" Riley repeated, acting as if he were hurt by the comment. "I have a name, FYI. Ever heard of the famous Executive Riley? I'm his son -- and I'm just as powerful as he is."

Mamoswine, meanwhile, had been ignored, and as such was still charging full-speed towards Rukia, protective shield still in effect, about to slam into the Oshawott.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: =P BTW, all the commands, more or less, are actual technique names from Bleach(And related to the characters who are related to the nicknames). I'm having a lot of fun with that, and I'm sorry I'm messing you up because of it. =P I support that retiring, as it definitely does bring up that image, especially when you consider they typical face Steamroller Player Character. =P Also, Rukia's Orange's Froslass. I already recalled his Oshawott. Again, apologies for the confusing names. xD

Orange nodded to Kyle, and then nodded to Sonja.

"That's okay." Orange said, as he turned his attention to the fact that Aizen had been knocked away... However, he shimmered again, as it became apparent that most of the potential damage had been deflected by a barrier, caused when the Abra began to shimmer a moment earlier. However, Aizen had still sustained a lot of damage in the attack, but that wasn't meaning that either the trainer or Pokemon would simply give up. Aizen simply teleported once more to nearby the Zapdos, and slammed at it's wing with a second Ice Punch, hoping to deal more damage this time, or preferably, even freeze it. Orange then turned his attention to Riley.

"Oh yeah? Well you don't look it. And I've never heard of you before." Orange stated simply, as he smirked.

"Disable!" Orange called out, as he had Rukia the Froslass attempt to disable the barrier. Meanwhile, Senbonzakura continued to move toward Mamoswine, and then vanished suddenly, as he appeared above the Mamoswine, his sword-fist held back, as he attempted to use a Sucker Punch on the mammoth Pokemon.

OOC: He hadn't been ignored. I was just attempting to Sucker Punch him, which Riley fell for, hook line and sinker. And I might've even gotten help, since you did involve Rukia. =P

Zach chuckled, as he witnessed everything that happened.

"Just to chime in, not only is he arrogant, he's stupid." Zach called out, as he looked up at the Luxray, who had been hit by the attack... But if anyone expected a lightning attack to affect an electric-type Pokemon, they had another thing coming... Namely Rento's rebound off the lightning legendary's wing, and back toward the main body, as he attempted to sink his ice-covered fangs into the Zapdos' body this time.

You ready, Blade? Zach asked, as they merged their thoughts even further this time, as Zach panted slightly, having never tried this before, but if they were going to win, they would definitely need to work on this...

Teleport, then Psycho Cut. Zach commanded mentally, however, the delay between command and usage of the moves had shortened this time, as the Gallade teleported up toward the Zapdos, appearing in front of it's face, as both Zach's eyes, and Gallade's eyes glowed green.

"This is a gift from Team Liberty." Zach and Blade said simultaneously, as the Gallade sliced out with it's arm blades, using a Psycho Cut, As the two aimed the attack toward the bird's face.

OOC: Zach's not messing around. =P Also, this'll be interesting... Gallade's likely not gonna last through to the end of the fight... However, Zach still has his Pikachu left, along with Shekou, who hasn't even appeared in the fight yet. And then there's whoever lasts through the Zapdos and Mamoswine fights. There's still a chance yet. =P

Edited by Tiz Arrior

OOC: ...D:So..... confused.... Oh well. Retarget those attacks to the appropriate Pokémon. :P

IC - Riley/Kyle/Sonja/Rocket Elites - Ecruteak:

"Stupid? Now that is downright rude and immature," Riley said, raising a hand to Zapdos. "Maybe you should look deeper into the true power of a Legendary before making that kind of claim, especially given the fact that you you walked into my trap."

Just as Zapdos and Mamoswine both took the attacks -- which, as they had braced for them, allowed them to survive, due to Parugi not wanting to come up with a reaction/result for every single one of those attacks at the moment. Needless to say, they were almost finished -- though they had something planned.

Riley snapped his fingers.

Zapdos's eyes flashed as it roared again. This time, however, something different happened. What few had noticed was that Mamoswine had stopped directly underneath Zapdos; at this point, its Protect had broken, and it had begun to gather ice energy around it. The winds around Zapdos began to blow rapidly, slowly twisting and turning into a massive tornado; Kyle and Sonja both had to dig their heels into the ground to avoid being pulled in. At the same time, a protective shield appeared around the bird, a Mamoswine let loose its attack -- a Blizzard, which mixed with Zapdos's powered-up Twister to create an even larger storm of wind and snow, batting at the opponent Pokémon. Daiga dug underground to avoid being injured, using his senses to try and locate Mamoswine before digging in his direction...

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OoC: Had no internet over the weekend.IC: "Do you believe in Liberty?" Rex repeated, this time in English. "I do. I'm sick of the Rockets being in power. I'd just like a hand in bringing them down six to seven notches." He paused. "I'm Rex. The rascal on my head is Crunchbite, and my Torchic is named Halo. I came here all the way from Kanto."Damien glanced quizzically at Rex, then said, "I can tell you're Liberty. Don't worry, my dad's a scientist working for you guys. You might know him as Professor Ozark."

OOC: Again, sorry. xD I'm keeping the names for the most part to one character(Rento's a nickname of a Japanese name, but it doesn't really count, as it's just the equivalent to something like 'Lux' or something, given that it's a shortening of his Japanese name. =P), but I admit that it's confusing, and I'm sorry for that. =P

Zach growled, as Blade had just managed to teleport away, sensing danger. He wasn't likely going to survive much longer into this fight either, but right now, they couldn't just give up. Rento had jumped away with a Quick attack, but was still within range of the dual attack, and was flung away at high speeds, sending him crashing into a nearby tree. Zach frowned, however, as he concentrated.

You know that attack you used against Drapion? Use it now. Zach thought to Blade, as the Gallade nodded, and held his arm out in front of him.

"Hey, Orange hair boy, look at this, this is how you Scatter." Zach called out to Orange with a smirk, as leaves that reflected the sunlight were summoned in front of Gallade, which caused Orange to raised his eyebrows, as Blade sent off the Leaves... Seemingly at Zapdos, which was likely to create an arrogant comment about that, however, midway toward the Zapdos... They just dropped, heading down toward the Mamoswine at high speeds, the Twister increasing both the speed and power of the attack, as the razor-sharp Magical Leaf attack headed toward it's target very quickly.

Orange smirked, as he realized what Zach's plan might have been even as he shot the magical leaves at Zapdos. However, if his plan was to work, it relied on that mammoth Pokemon to not simply use Protect once again to avoid the attack. With any luck, Rukia's Disable had locked off the Protect, however...

"Rukia, use Weather Ball on that Mamoswine." Orange called out, as the ghost type unleashed a ball gathered from weather energy, and launched it toward the Mamoswine. If he was lucky, the fact that the leaves were almost to Zapdos by then would mean his plan could work.

"Now, Senbonzakura." Orange said, addressing his Pawniard, as he smiled.

"Use Torment, block off access to the same move twice!" Orange called out, as the Pawniard smirked, and said the following to the Mamoswine in Pokemon.

"Now do you know the difference between us? It's skill, and the fact that you're slow, even when you're falling." The Pawniard said in an attempt to torment the Mamoswine, as a shimmering form appeared in front of Kyle and Sonja, and a barrier blocked off the majority of the snowstorm damage, as Aizen appeared near them, and simply watched the fight, ready to get back into said fight when he could.

Edited by Tiz Arrior

OOC: Once again, np. I seriously need to look at Orange's profile again, though. xp

IC - Ethan - Lilycove: "Er.... no, actually, we're not Liberty trainers," Ethan answered; at this point he figured it was better to be honest, since lies had a tendency to set off hostilities. "Not sure how you got that vibe off of us. But yeah, I'm a fun-loving guy, so I guess you could say that I do enjoy a certain amount of freedom in what I get to do..." He put his hands in his pockets. "Though we did just rescue a group of Liberty agents from the prison; they're headed to Fortree City if you want to look for them. Who knows, though; there's probably another group around here somewhere..."

IC - Riley/Kyle/Sonja/Rocket Elites - Ecruteak City:

The problem with Zach's plan -- which Riley did not point out, as it became extremely obvious as soon as it entered the icy whirlwind -- was that there were other attacks in the tornado along with other factors that heavily fought against the effectiveness of the attack. While the wind certainly added a degree of speed to the attack, it did nothing to help the accuracy, and those that had actually been pulled into the wind were no longer heading toward Mamoswine; they merely sunk into the ground around it. Others were blocked by the ice shards from Blizzard.

Regardless, some of them did hit, dealing a respectable amount of damage to the Ground/Ice Type, though not enough to faint it. The Torment failed due to the sheer fact that the Mamoswine was ignoring Pawniard. That, and he couldn't hear the smaller Pokémon over the rushing of the wind. The Weather Ball, however, connected, knocking Mamoswine back a foot; at the same time, Daiga erupted from the ground underneath him, slamming into the mammoth's underside and knocking him back. The Blizzard dissipated, and the Twister shut off soon afterward.

Riley narrowed his eyes at his, calling Mamoswine back. "Not bad," he said. "Though you still have a Legendary to defeat. And a Steelix." He looked at Zapdos. "Sky Attack once more -- and don't let them survive it this time!"

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Rex gave Ethan a look that said, "I am a trustworthy person!" "Let's get a move on, then," Damien said. He released his Pokemon, a Treecko. "Rex, Crunchbite, Halo, meet Gresh. Gresh, meet Rex and his Pokemon.""Gible!" Crunchbite grinned friendlily."Torchic!" Halo made the same Please-Trust-Me face. "I'd just like to catch a Pidgey real quick," Rex said. "You go ahead. I'll use Crunchy's nose to help catch up."

"Disable." Orange stated simply, as Rukia looked at Zapdos, and attempted to disable the move before it could even be used... However, Orange had a second plan anyway.

"Scatter. Senbonzakura." Orange called out, as he was planning on having the attack miss by a very intriguing usage of Sucker Punch. Meanwhile, Aizen disappeared from where he was, and near where the Steelix was, and attempted to use Ice Punch on that thing, to knock it out of the fight before anything else was unleashed. It should be noted, however, that the Abra was thinking up his own commands and such at this point, leaving Orange free to focus on the others.

"Ready, Blade?" Zach asked, as he used the energy gathering process to his advantage this time.

"Scatter, Magical Leaf!" Zach called out, wanting to avoid the synchronization for the moment, as the Gallade created more leaves, and sent them at the Zapdos quickly. Meanwhile, Luxray was simply staying where he was, since he was more or less out of the way there.

Edited by Tiz Arrior

IC: Jake: "Yep," replied Jake. "Actually, I'm feeling great! Is that your home?" He had to admit, Fortree was beautiful, lush and green like a paradise. He hoped that he might be able to come back here after the war was over. Dragonite began his descent and soon the group were dismounting onto the soft earth of the forest. IC: Jason: Jason had never felt better; in fact, he felt like he could take on a hundred, no, a thousand men and still come out the victor. Flygon deposited him in a thick clump of growth near Jake and his friends.

Edited by Nuju Nui

DESTINY . . . Meh.

2 out of 3. =D

"Come on out, Quil!" Ryan cried, sending out his Quilava.

"Lava!" Quil smiled, stretching and taking in its surroundings.

"Feels great to be back, huh, Quil?" Ryan grinned. "My house is over this way," he told Alex and Jake, leading them onward. "It's in a tree, so we'll have to climb a rope ladder. Hope you aren't scared of heights!"

As the group walked on, Ryan couldn't help but wonder what had happened to his home. With himself on the run and his parents captured, his house had been left unoccupied. Had it remained that way for the past few months, or had someone else moved in? So absorbed in his thoughts, Ryan almost walked past the ladder that lead to his home.

"Here we are," he said. "My home is right up there," he pointed to a large wooden platform attached to the tree about twenty feet up. Quil joyfully bounded up the rope ladder, and Ryan followed.

Edited by Konuju