Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: Evan Tierra, Dragonspiral Tower

Evan was about to head up to the top floor, when he felt a familiar presence. That being of the first Hero of Space.

"You've got to see this before you go up there, for the sake of the people of Unova.", the Hero's voice echoed in Evan's head, his tone serious, "A Legendary Pokemon of great power lurks up there and you may need to fight fire with fire. What I am about to show you, is how to summon the dragon you fight for."

With that, Evan saw a vision, that being of the Hero performing a dance. The dance was mystical and powerful, the moves flowing together like water. The dance then ended, with the hero bowing before what appeared to be Palkia.

"Got it.", Evan said, "I'll keep this in mind."

"Good luck, kiddo." The hero's voice said as the presence faded away from Evan's mind.

With that, Evan ran up to the top floor........

OOC: We've actually never ironed out a set-in-stone monetary system, so how much that is is... actually a good question. X3 It sounds like a lot to me, but.... I don't know. Any thoughts, Nara, since your characters are dictating the fine?

If it comes down to it, your character could probably negotiate the amount he owes. Or an anonymous benefactor could help pay it off. *shrug*

IC - Gavin Braner - Ruins of Alph: The two Pokémon were knocked back by the attacks, the Poochyena seeming utterly confused by what had just happened, though the Baltoy simply shrugged the attack off. As it turned to the Poochyena, launching an Ancientpower attack at it, the Dark-Type rushed toward Talsim, aiming to use Bite on the Psychic-Type. The Abra simply teleported backward, a white light enveloping it as it appeared next to Gavin.

While Abra was busy evolving, Sivik focused on the Baltoy, hitting it with more Water Pulse attacks. The Baltoy seemed unfazed, using its own psychic attacks against the part-Ghost-Type, to little effect. Eventually, Sivik's Cursed Body kicked in, deactivating Baltoy's psychic powers for the moment. Using this to his advantage, Sivik launched a series of Night Shade attacks at is opponent, stunning it long enough for Gavin to throw a Great Ball at it. The capsule pulled the Psychic-Ground-Type into itself, shaking three times before coming to a halt.

Leaving it there for a moment, Gavin turned to the Poochyena, which was still staring at Talsim. As the two watched, the light faded from around the newly-evolved Kadabra, who smiled pleasantly before stepping forward. The Poochyena charged, bearing her fangs as she attempted to use Bite again, though Talsim teleported behind her again. Using her momentum to his advantage, he used Psychic to crack the ground, lifting a large rock in front of her, which she accidentally ran into.

Once more, a Great Ball flew through the air, capturing the Poochyena within it.

"All right," Gavin said, pleased with the work of his Pokémon. He nodded at them in thanks as they retrieved the two newly caught Pokémon for him, before returning Talsim and Sivik to their own capsules. "What to name these guys, though..." He thought for a moment, and then looked at the Baltoy's Great Ball. "Evris," he decided; then, looking to the Poochyena, "Kora. Welcome to the team."

He placed the capsules on his belt, noting that he would need to shift one of his other Pokémon out once he got back into town, and then began walking back to Violet City...

IC - Kyle Eston/Sonja Baron - Dragonspiral Tower: Kyle and Sonja slid to a stop as they arrived at the top floor, Gold moving past them and releasing his own Typhlosion, ordering it to use Flamethrower on Zekrom. The other two, however, stared for a moment in awe.

"Sonja... What is that?" Kyle asked.

"Zekrom," Sonja said breathlessly. "We saw it in Nimbasa under Blair's control, but... Wow... I never thought I'd be this close to it..." She took a moment to contain her excitement. "Still, we need to stop it before Black uses it to kill us. It's an Electric-Dragon Type, so make of that what you will."

"Ice- and Ground-Types, then," Kyle said, releasing Kitheus and Ruji. "Kitheus, Tri-Beam! Ruji, Night Slash!"

Sonja, meanwhile, reached for Ares's Pokéball--only to realize that she did not have it. She frowned, recalling that she had loaned it to Gold. Unfortunately, with the battle beginning already, there wouldn't be time to get it back from him, meaning she would have to sit this one out due to the rest of her team being too low-leveled to be effective...

OOC: I need to continue Jackson's adventure... Perhaps I'll start that tomorrow morning.

Anyway, Gavin's new profiles:

64.pngSpecies: Kadabra.Nickname: Talsim.Trainer: Gavin Braner.Appearance: A normal looking Abra.Personality: Following his evolution, Talsim has become more aware of what goes on around him, shedding his relaxed state in favor of a perpetual calm manner. More talkative than he used to be, Talsim is perfectly willing to communicate with his trainer and others now. With the development of his powers, Talsim has become more of a tactician than he was before, a skill that he uses to great effect in combination with his abilities.Ability: Magic Guard.Specialty: Talsim specializes in Special Attacks, and has also shown a proficiency in speed, used in combination with his Teleport ability when facing an opponent. While his defenses have improved following his evolution, Talsim is horrible with physical attacks, and his physical defense is still not that great.Known Moves: Teleport, Psychic, Thunder Punch (Egg Move,) Recover, Disable, Confusion.

343.pngSpecies: Baltoy.Nickname: Evris.Trainer: Gavin Braner.Appearance: Evris looks like virtually any other Baltoy.Personality: Evric is possibly Gavin's most alien Pokémon. Extremely mild-mannered, Evris displays virtually zero personality, never socializing with others, never speaking to other Pokémon, never interacting much with the environment. It seems as if it is simply there, with its only defining feature being its swiftness if listening to commands from Gavin.Ability: Levitate.Specialty: Evris is, like other Baltoy, particularly skilled with Special Attack and Defense. Using its psychic abilities, it is also capable of becoming extremely fast and difficult to hit, though this requires careful planning and time.Known Moves: Rapid Spin, Harden, Ancientpower, Psybeam, Confusion, Power Trick.

261.pngSpecies: Poochyena.Nickname: Kora.Trainer: Gavin Braner.Appearance: Kora's eyes are blue and white as opposed to red and yellow.Personality: Despite her species's fierce appearance, Kora is actually a very gentle and loving Pokémon. Exceedingly loyal to her owner, Kora will only attack if she or they are threatened; otherwise, she will seek endlessly for a way to be your friend. Unfortunately, her antics sometimes come across as attacks, and as such several people have mistakenly become frightened by her.Ability: Quick Feet.Specialty: Kora specializes in speed and physical attacks, particularly those that involve biting. She is extremely fast, a trait aided by her Quick Feet ability.Known Moves: Tackle, Bite, Sand-Attack, Howl, Ice Fang (Egg Move,) Fire Fang (Egg Move.)

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: In the past (like, way at the beginning), I think that what most players did was give their characters an infinite amount of money, but claimed it to be limited, I guess? =P I dunno, maybe just.. Oh! How about, doubling as my reward, Jared trades a Dawn Stone instead? Pierce would let it slide.

OOC: I think the max amount of money you can hold in the games is 999,999, so 78,000 certainly isn't impossible. But some simple math shows that that's enough money to buy 390 Pokeballs at 200 Poke-dollars each. I'd say it would probably be easy to have around 78,000 by the time you've defeated the Elite Four in any given game (for reference, in my Red Version, I just got to Vermillion City and have about 11,000), but for your standard trainer, that's a pretty hefty amount.

I've always imagined the simple conversion of 100 Poke-dollars = $1 (so those Pokeballs are the equivalent of $2). But if you want to get technical and count Poke-dollars as Yen, the current exchange rate is 1 US Dollar = 85.92 Japanese Yen, so the 78,000 "Poke-Yen" would be about $907.82. That's a pretty large sum for a kid, but not an impossible debt.

Speaking of fees, does any one know how much the Rockets charged to get through the gatehouse to the Lake of Rage in G/S/C?

EDIT: They charged 1000 Poke-dollars.

IC: Ellen

Ellen trudged through the snow, shivering against the bitter cold. She had long since left the street lights of Village Bridge behind, and the moon had become covered by dark clouds, leaving her in almost pitch-black darkness. It was only the light coming from the next town ahead, Opelucid, that kept her from getting lost. If it weren’t for the company of her Pokemon, Ellen would have been hopelessly afraid.

"We just... have to get... to the next town..." Ellen panted, encouraging her Pokemon as much as herself. "Then we can rest..."

Are you sure leaving in the middle of the night was such a good idea? Solo asked as he bobbed up and down lazily. I'm freezing, and exhausted, and I'm not even the one doing all the walking!

"This was the only way," Ellen shook her head. "Daddy would have stopped me if I tried to leave during the day. Besides, we have to get to Dragonspiral Tower as soon as possible."

Suddenly, forked lightning flashed across the sky, lighting up the surroundings. The lighting was coming from the west, and for whatever reason it sent a chill down Ellen’s spine. "I have a bad feeling about this," she shivered.

You're right, Solo said with sudden urgency. We need to get to Dragonspiral Tower as quickly as we can. I fear we may already be too late.

IC: Dack

It took a solid minute for the elevator to climb all the way up to the top of the tower. Dack impatiently stepped out of the elevator and looked around. The top floor consisted of a single, large room. In the center stood a battle arena, surrounded by numerous bookshelves, trophies, and medals. On one shelf, Dack saw a picture of Palmer with his son in Twinleaf Town. The Rocket trainer gave a sad smile as he examined the picture, recalling his own family, who had been killed in the Snowpoint avalanche.

The next thing to catch Dack’s eye was the windows that stretched from floor to ceiling, offering a panoramic view of the Battle Frontier, somewhat obscured by the dark clouds. However, one thing was painfully obvious.

"He's not here," Dack muttered.

"I figured as much," Karen shook her head. "If there's one benefit to being an Elite Four member, it's that I was granted a behind-the-scenes tour of this Battle Frontier once. While it is true that the Tower Tycoon accepts battles here on the top floor, in times of emergency, there is a much safer location for him to stay: underground, in a secure room beneath the tower."

Edited by Konuju

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

OOC: Whew, I actually thought that this thread had been eliminated. I'm glad it wasn't

IC: Roderick

Tap... Tap... Roderick's steps echoed throught the rooms of the facility, only to mix themselves with the cacophony of steps coming from other people and pokémon coming back a forth through the place. Some of them were researchers and some of them were guards... there were even some janitors working alongside poison pokémon in order to keep the place clean.

"Unless I get a distraction, I'll not be able to make any progress without being noticed... and if I don't act soon, I'll be caught because I'm just walking around doing nothing... I need to think of something... and get familiar with the place a little bit more"...

Turning around a corner, Roderick saw a door hanging open, deciding that if he stayed still he would probably be discovered, he decided to enter.

"... Nothing more than a supplies room... I don't see anything useful in here, but on the plus, I can hide here if necesary... and I can see some ventilation pánels over there, If everything else fails I mightbe able to traverse those".

"Boy, you sure talk to yourself often, don't you" Sounded Genesec't voice in his Glasses. "You do know that you could get caught easily in there, those things are not exactly soundproof".

"Well, yes. You do have a fair point... what do you suggest".

"I say that we get out of this room before anything happens. Let's wait for our chance".

"Fair enough, let's move and keep quiet. If I know James enough, he will likely be setting a distraction right now"...

IC: Mina

Mina slowly entered the rocket base through the main entrance. Being a rocket herself, the task was easy. She just needed to flash her insignia to the guard at the entrance and she was in, just like that.

"Of course, I won't beneeding this badge much longer..." She thought as she headed to the bedrooms.

IC: Jake

Jake wandered the streets of madarin island alone... Mina had already gone to the base on this island, saying that she needed to do this as quick as possible. Figuring that he would be lagging behind her if he followed her, and that the nature of her mission could potentially be suicidal, Jake decided to stay behind and just relax. Mina could always call him for backup if she needed help. So it was not as if he had come here for nothing.

Getting Yamask out of his pokéball, Jake started to stroll through town, seeing a few storesand people... but nothing out of the ordinary.

"Man, this place has been going stale with the years... I wish it was more exiting around here"

Clearly, Jake had broken one of the prime rules of the universe, because just as he said that, he walked avobe a manhole, that was immediatedly blasted by a torrent of water, and Jake with it...

Firma_Rigure.jpg
Credit for the signature goes to LMKMARAVILLOSO
qs64464.jpg
Every puzzle has an answer

-==IC: Ray==-Ray frowned, as he saw the great dragon appear. He noticed Sonja hesitating in sending out a Pokemon, and walked up to her."What's up?" Ray asked, not having noticed her lending her Druddigon to Gold earlier. He send out Rukia; but inwardly wondered what chance they stood against a legend like the one that stood before them.-==IC: Zach==-Zach, however, was on the offensive."Black; you're crazy!" Zach yelled out, as he sent out Blade, Rento and Cyndy."Blade, Psycho Cut! Rento, Ice Fang! Cyndy, Eruption!" Zach called out, as the three rushed toward Zekrom, which seemed to be taking the majority of the attacks without much care, even as it roared once again, the turbine on it's tail beginning to spin and generate a blue light, as it charged up it's first official attack...-==IC: Summer==-Summer frowned, as she shook her head. Her team was weak; how could she fight like the others? In a way, it was like Sonja's situation, except she didn't have..."Wait..." Summer muttered to herself, as she grabbed the Great Ball she had used back in Nimbasa..."Gyaralite, go! Ice Fang!" Summer yelled out, as she threw the Great Ball across the tower, landing near where the Zekrom was, opening just as the Gyarados went to attack Zekrom. The electric dragon seemed to take more damage, however, it unleashed it's own attack, just as the Gyarados was recovering from the attack, dealing heavy damage to both the Gyarados, Blade, Cyndy, and whatever other Pokemon was in the way. Summer growled in desperation, as she tried to think of why things had to be like this. She recalled the heavily injured Gyarados, and was about to put the Pokeball back, when she saw a pure white stone in her bag...

OOC: I think the Dawn Stone trade would probably be best, tbh. Bribery at its best. :P

IC - Kyle Eston/Sonja Baron - Dragonspiral Tower: Sonja covered her face as Zekrom unleashed its attack, the sheer power of it seeming to affect Kyle's Gligar despite its typing. However, Ruji and Kitheus were certainly holding on better than others were.

"I don't actually have anything I can use against it," Sonja admitted to Ray. "Gold is borrowing Ares and now isn't exactly the best time to ask for him back."

"Kitheus, Lock-On and Tri-Attack again!" Kyle called. "Ruj, use--"

The Liberty Agent was interrupted as the Gligar's body became engulfed in a white light, growing larger as it rushed toward Zekrom. As the light faded, revealing the newly-evolved Gliscor, Ruj's fangs shone with ice energy, landing a bite on Zekrom's neck as Kitheus's Tri-Attack shot toward its chest.

OOC: I love when my evolution counts line up with these big battles. :D

Profile later--have stuff to do.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Alright; in that case..Species: FroslassNickname: N/aTrainer: Pierce AderiaAppearance: There is a second band of red on her body.Personality: Now as a Froslass, she has a newfound grace in movement. She likes to dance and pair up with Dusknoir, who is mostly her opposite. She's mischevious and will usually start a hailstorm as she gets sent out.Ability: Snow CloakSpecialty: High HP and a notch faster than norm.Known Moves: Ice Shard (replaced Powder Snow), Bite, Double Team, Hail, Ominous Wind, Protect New moves in bold.IC - Eric and Pierce, Route 38 Base, JohtoPierce hit the back of Eric's head. "Nobody carries around that kind of money," Pierce said. "Arceus help me.." He turned to Jared. "Listen. You raided shipments, right? If you happened to find and keep a Dawn Stone, you can trade that for your release. My buddy and I won't tell anyone."

Edited by Nara

Evan saw the mighty black dragon unleash it's attack upon the others' pokemon. He figured it was time for him to enter the fray.

"Lazengann, come on out and use Drill Run!" Evan said as he threw out his Excadrills Poke Ball.

The Excadrill was send out. Using the momentum he had from being sent out, the Excadrill rushed towards Zekrom, jumped and folded into a drill and slammed into him.......

"Underground," Dack frowned. "There's only one problem with that." The Rocket agent returned to the elevator and looked at all the buttons. "This only goes down to the ground floor. So how are we supposed to get to this underground chamber you speak of?"

"Through a secret passage, of course," Karen said as the rest of the group huddled back inside the elevator and began their descent. "Unfortunately, I have no clue where such a passage may be, so we'll have to do some searching."

IC: Ryan

Ryan and Entei were knocked back by Zekrom's lightning attack. "It's so powerful..." Ryan said in awe. As the lightning cleared, he noticed that Quil had managed to escape the blast by hitting Zekrom with Rollout at the same time Summer's Gyarados had attacked.

Now finding himself behind the dark dragon, the Typhlosion rolled around for a more powerful attack.

As this happened, Ryan sent out Misdreavus. "Alright, Mis, use Shadow Ball!" As the ghost Pokemon charged the attack, the Dusk Stone that Ryan had found near Black City started to glow. It took a moment for the Liberty trainer to realize that Misdreavus was telekinetically lifting the stone. Ryan watched as the stone was absorbed into the Shadow Ball, adding power to both the attack and Misdreavus herself. As the Shadow Ball glowed with a dark light, Misdreavus started to glow with a white light...

OOC: Profile coming later

Edited by Konuju

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC Kaito

Once they got to the ground floor, Kaito looked around. "We have three options. We could bust through the floor right here and hope we land in the basement, we could spend hours looking for a secret passage, or we could have Ren search for it by getting inside the computer system and looking for anything connected down there, whether it be a computer terminal, an elevator, or even something as simple as Palmer's cell phone." Kaito observed, releasing his Porygon.

aouROFb.png

OOC: Must sit down and make post...

Also for the reward thing, may I have the TM's Scald, Rain Dance, and Protect?

IC: (Jamie)

The trip to Azalea went off largely without incident, though there was an incredible number of Zubats throughout Union Cave which made the trip take longer than it should have. But otherwise there was nothing wrong

She was about to take the step which would have placed her inside the limits of the town, when she found out a large pink mass of fat was under foot. And by found out I mean she didn't notice until it was far too late and thus she had fallen over it.

"Ouch." 

Jamie got up and noticed that the mass of fat was a pokemon of some sort though she did not know which one. She felt like she should apologize to it, but it seemed not to have noticed despite the fact it was wide awake.

"What is this thing?" she asked Lucia with some curiosity.

IC: (James)

Coffee tastes bad. Wild Pokemon are rampaging through the mall. To some people these things are true. To James both are false, not that he was going to correct the article he was looking through on his laptop. There was a good deal of what he had been hoping for. Chaos and wreckage due to the fact that the security in the mall had been ill equipped to deal with the ...oddly strong wild Pokemon. The fact that Pokemon were noted as odd made James rethink in hindsight his choice of pokemon.

Perhaps I shouldn't have sent Mordred with them. Scizor and Swamperts are idingenous to this area, Weaviles however tend to prefer colder environments...

Regardless he continued to read the article which already had protests on the comments section of the page. He doubted the Rockets would take action based on the opinions of a few angry internet users. The chaos and property damage, which came up to a quite a hefty sum, would be more than enough to secure an investigation by the Rockets. 

How are the others coming along?

"None of them have been caught, and I think we have what we are looking for. A distraction that seemingly does not have our involve-"

James cut himself off when he noticed a group of people, congregating and shouting.

"Guinevere, there is a group of... disgruntled citizens over there. I need you to read their minds for me, find the reason for thier displeasure.

The Gardevoir took a moment to focus her mind in on that of the people James pointed out. The psychic probed each of their minds in turn.

They are... ticked about our actions involving the mall. And they are headed towards the base to demand better security in the area. Whichever Rockets that showed up at the mall were to late to catch any of our companions.

James smiled at the welcome news, "I sincerly hope their request gets filled immeadiately."

Really?

"Of course, more security in the mall means less in the base. Though I can not say how much less. At the very least, dealing with the angry citizenry will hopefully get the base focused on something other than Roderick."

The Liberty executive pulled out Galahad's pokeball and set the Togekiss out. He seemed happy and ready for some action.

"Galahad, your companions are currently spread through out the city. Please round them up and hide them for me. I will come find you later."

Slightly different request then normal but the Togekiss shrugged and proceeded to comply, flying off to seek his companions.

IC: (Gawain)

The Swampert had launched himself out of a man hole cover and found that he was still in the city. Worse was that he knocked somebody over with a torrent of water. And not high-quality water at that. In fact the poor man probably would be much better off if he didn't ever learn what that water contained.

Let's see if I was wild and raging how would I act right now...

The Swampert then started roaring and tossing Mud Bombs everywhere before he started running, hoping to dissuade followers.

Edited by Metal Gear Minun

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

"Time is of the essence," Dack said impatiently. "Whichever method is the fastest."

"If Palmer is hiding beneath the tower, I don't think he'd react kindly to us busting through the floor," Karen noted wisely. She turned to Kaito. "Have your Porygon search for a path underground. Meanwhile, the rest of us can look to see if we can't find the passage ourselves."

OOC: Mismagius' profile:

Species: Mismagius (female)

Nickname: Miss or Missy

Trainer: Ryan Sanders

Appearance: Its body is a darker purple than normal

Personality: Mismagius retains her mischievous and impish nature from her previous evolution. She is less likely to play pranks on her allies, but wont hesitate to yank anyones hair from behind when shes bored. If the situation calls for it, she is also willing to fight dirty.

Ability: Levitate

Specialty: Very agile and strong in Speed, but slightly lacking in Special Defense

Known Moves: Shadow Ball, Pain Split Magical Leaf, Confuse Ray Power Gem, Psybeam, Perish Song, Shadow Sneak (egg move) Replacing Pain Split with Magical Leaf and Confuse Ray with Power Gem

Edited by Konuju

IC Kaito

Ren hopped into the computer system. He wandered through the system. Eventually, he came across an elevator control program seperate from the primary elevator. Inspecting it, Ren realized that it had a floor not accessible through the primary elevator. Seeing at the floor was referred to as "B1" in the coding, Ren exited the system and wound up inside that hidden elevator. Ren made it back to the group, noting his path as he went. ":D", he emoticonned, seeing Kaito. Ren led the group to the elevator. Entering in the code, Ren started the elevator and the group descended into the basement.

aouROFb.png

-==IC: Black==-

Black shook his head.

"Like stuff like that will save you. Zekrom, obliterate them all." Black stated, as the great black dragon charged up electricity around itself, taking most of the attacks that was directed toward it, though taking a little damage in the process. However, this one was charging for longer, and seemed to be even more powerful than the previous one...

-==IC: Ray==-

"Then I'll help you." Ray said, as he handed her the Pokeball for his Zangoose, Zangetsu.

"Now then, how about taking this madman down?" Ray asked with a smile.

-==IC: Summer==-

Summer reached into her bag, noticing the glowing stone, and pulled it out, watching in surprise as it floated into the air.

"What...?" Summer muttered, as the glow began to brighten; the shape fluctuating with the aura given off by the tower. The stone slowly began to take a shape, similar to Zekrom, but different. Black noticed the Light Stone's transformation, and growled, as he nodded to Porygon 2.

"Stop that!" Black yelled out, as the Porygon 2 attempted to shoot it with a Tri Beam; however, it simply redirected the blast into the Zekrom, who simply growled, not taking much damage from that either. The form slowly began to finalize itself, and took shape as a large white dragon, which snapped it's glowing blue eyes open, and roared out, flames of truth surrounding it.

"That's... Reshiram..." Summer said, surprised that it was summoned by her just like that.

OOC: No attacks from Zekrom this time, since he's charging that Level 100 attack he has.

IC: James

"Ugh", Was the only thing that came from Jame's mouth as he fell right on top of a fruit's stand. Clearly the water hed been launched with sufficent force to send him flying. An impressive feat considering that he had the height and weight of an adult.

Slowly, he got up, pieces of berries, watermelons and apples sliding of his clothes. Checking, he sighed in relief when he saw that the pokémon egg was okay, then, he looked at the other side to see that a swampert was running towards the other end of the street while throwing mud bombs.

"Tch, what a bother... I don't think I should meddle with him... but if other rockets come out, I might have to"

IC: Roderick

With surprise in his eyes (Which were thankfully hidden) Roderick saw that most of the Rocket guards in the area were leaving in order to investigate something outside te base. It seemed James had fulfilled his part.

"Well, now it's all up to me, I better move"

Making sure to appear casual, Roderick made his way into the mazelike hallways of the fortress, some rooms contained nothing but supplies, some of them were offices or training grounds. Still, it was easier to navigate in here than in Paradise, given that the branch base was smaller, but no less important.

Checking yet another door yielded no results, other than some old computer equipment, which were not his main objective. Looking around, Roderick saw a small paper in the floor.

"What is this?" He said as he picked it up and read it.

"49365..."

The rest of the paper was torn. Deciding that it could be useful later, Roderick pocketed the paper and exited the room... The main computer room should be close by now... The door right ahead of him in fact.

But he couldn't shake the feeling that he was being watched...

IC Mina:

"The main computer room should be close right now" Mina thought even as she walked through the now almost deserted hallways of the base. Mostof the grunts had gone outside to deal with some security complaints, which suited her greatly. That way, she wouldn't have so much problems.

"The only real problem would be if I ran into the boss in here while in the main computer room... I should be careful".

OOC: Of course, I don't expect an almost suicide mission to go down without even a fight. So, Parugi or Minun: Whoever wishes to control the boss. Go ahead.

Firma_Rigure.jpg
Credit for the signature goes to LMKMARAVILLOSO
qs64464.jpg
Every puzzle has an answer

OOC: If by 'boss' you mean Viper, that'll be me.

Nara: Approved, though the personality field is empty. And no, Kaithas, it won't count as your reward. :P

Konuju: Approved.

Minun: Go ahead.

Other: I'll make some IC posts later tonight or tomorrow--busy with some stuff right now. I proimse, though, that I won't let the fact that I have another RPG to run affect my time or quality of posts here--you can count on that! :)

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Really? ..Oh, it is. My bad. =PIC - Eric and Pierce, Route 38 Base, JohtoEric acted extremely offended. "You don't trust us?" he exclaimed. "Why, all we've done is standard procedure to hefty criminals like you."Pierce pinched the bridge of his nose. "Eric, leave. Just wait outside." He pointed to the door, and Eric sulked away, muttering inaudible words. "Now," he said, his attention back to Jared. "Dusknoir will have to be holding you while we're outside, so I know you'll keep your part of the deal. Or, we could make this easy on both of us and you just give me the flippin' stone now."

The white light faded from around Missy as the newly evolved Mismagius unleashed her Shadow Ball on Zekrom. Her jeweled necklace started to glow as she followed up with a Power Gem. Meanwhile, Quil swerved around for a third Rollout attack.

Ryan, still on Entei's back, felt the Legendary Beast tense. "What’s up?" he asked.

Zekrom is preparing an extremely powerful attack, Entei growled, eyes on the dark dragon. We must not let our guard down.

"Well, at least now we stand somewhat of a chance," Ryan said with a nod toward the white dragon that had come from Summer’s bag.

Compared to the elevator to the top of the tower, the trip to the basement seemed to take no time at all. As soon as the doors opened, however, they were greeted by a blast of water. "What the--?" Dack cried as the Hydro Pump pushed him against the back wall of the elevator.

Struggling to see beyond the torrent of water, Dack could barely make out the serpentine form of a Milotic. And behind it, a powerful looking man with sandy hair and a green trenchcoat.

"We have company," the man said with a smirk.

IC Kaito"Whablugblubluhgackpth!" The Hydro Pump caught Kaito in the face and knocked him back. When the stream of water subsided, Kaito saw Palmer and his Milotic standing over them. "Well," Kaito sarcastically remarked, "Thanks for the warm welcome."OOC: Probably the best sound effect in RPG history :P

aouROFb.png

IC - Kyle Eston/Sonja Baron - Dragonspiral Tower: As Zekrom prepared its attack, Kyle continued his own. Kitheus launched another Tri-Attack at the dragon, while Ruj shot forward with Night Slash. Meanwhile, Sheik stood at the back of the ground, preparing to use Mimic to copy Zekrom's attack...

Sonja, meanwhile, issued a quick command for Ray's Zangoose to use.... an attack.

OOC: 'cause I don't actually know what moves it has... X3

IC - Koga/Nemo Buck - SCI Base "Colossoil": Being a ninja was a very handy skill, if Koga did say so himself. Years of training had given him an innate skill for finding ways to get in front of his targets. This was no different. Having used an air vent to his advantage, and a certain Muk as a spy, Koga had been able to deduce where Executive Buck was headed.

From the sounds of it, he was correct.

The Gym Leader waited in the shadows above, arm blade extended as he listened for Buck's approach. One step, two step, three step, four step... He was near by, his quickened pace betraying the panic that was beginning to set in.

Five step, six step, seven step, eight step... The click of a radio, the hurried whisper of orders to what men and women remained. Buck believed the situation could be salvaged--or, at least, some of Soil Colossus's personnel saved. He would discover his folly soon...

Nine step, ten step, eleven, and.... twelve. The dark skin appeared, the sweat on Buck's head shining in the lights of the halls. He passed under Koga. As he did, the Gym Leader allowed himself to fall, twisting his legs so that he would land feet-first on the ground. Catching the executive's shoulder, Koga used his momentum to force the man to the ground, wasting no time in driving his blade into the mans back, between the ribs, directly into his heart.

Nemo Buck gasped, his face going pale as Koga laid him gently on the floor, blood seeping from his wound. The Gym Leader's face remained stoic as he watched the man slowly die before him.

"Be thankful," he said. "Your death comes swiftly... That's more than can be said for the lives your organization has destroyed."

Buck managed to bring an expression of anger to his face, frowning at Koga. "Keep believing... that you're different," he said darkly, weakly. "Just remember... it's a lie..." With a final breath, Nemo Buck's life vanished, his head dropping back to the ground. Koga closed his eyes, before pulling his hood over his head and hurrying off, disappearing further into the base.

IC - Sleight/Carl Sandrock - SCI Base "Colossoil": Carl Sandrock adjusted his tie nervously as the metal door continued to warp and distort from the sheer heat and force of Sleight's attack. Metallic groans sounded as the blast door weakened, threatening to shatter if something wasn't done soon. The Soil Colossus head, though maintaining a fairly calm demeanor, still could not believe what Sleight was accomplishing. He adjusted his sunglasses as a guard approached.

"Sir, what do we do?" he asked.

"Can you get the other doors open?" Sandrock asked.

The guard shook his head. "Whatever they did in the initial attack, it's jammed the controls for every door--except for that one." He looked at the metal gate separating them from the Shadow Admin of Kanto. "All attempts to teleport have failed--apparently they've got a block on the base."

Carl thought for a moment, idly spinning a Master Ball in his hand--a very particular Master Ball. With a slight shrug, he turned, moving back to his 'throne.' "I suppose that leaves only one option, then," he said. "Gordon, Kent, prepare the device."

A loud thud sounded as the door--now twisted and bent beyond recognition--broke, collapsing in on itself, sending sparks flying in every direction. Not even bothering to cover his face, and hardly seeming to notice the intense heat emanating from the remains of the door, Sleight moved to stand next to Magmortar. He patted its shoulder appreciatively as the Flame Pokémon--who seemed just as energized as it had before expending so much power--grinned at him. The Shadow Admin waved the shocked Surge and Buzz over, the pair obeying and moving toward him--only to cover their faces in pain as they felt the heat.

"Buzz," Sleight said pointedly. "Your Tyranitar."

"What-? Oh!" The Shadow Admin of Hoenn produced the Pokéball containing the Pokémon in question. Throwing it into the air, he summoned the Dark-Ground-Type, who let out a roar before clearing a path through the molten metal. Using Rock Slide to create a temporary barrier between the path and the metal, Tyranitar led the way into the main control room.

The group was met with slow, careful applause from Sandrock as they entered, Tyranitar growling and taking up a position in front of the group as they saw the numerous guns pointed at them. Sandrock stood in front of a throne-like chair in the center of the room, a victorious smile on his face.

"Very impressive, Sleight," he said. "I admit, I didn't think that was possible--physics and all."

"You underestimate me," Sleight answered. Looking at the numerous guards, he frowned, eyebrows dropping in annoyance. "Do you really think guns are going to stop me, Carl?"

"Not at all," Sandrock admitted. Sleight raised an eyebrow as the SCI leader produced a Master Ball from behind his back. "But this will, I think."

"And what might 'this' be?" Buzz asked.

"Glad you asked," Sandrock said, bouncing the ball in his hand. "You recall that little... expedition I organized for Team Rocket and Team Liberty? The one bearing the brat Silvermind as the prize?" He gripped the ball, shaking it slightly. "This is the product of that hunt. The Alpha Manaphy of the Ice Geode, quite possibly the strongest Manaphy in this section of the world."

"A Manaphy isn't going to beat us," Buzz said, sounding almost disappointed at the revelation of the Pokémon's identity.

"Perhaps not in battle," Sandrock said. "But then, I'm not going to battle you with it." Buzz and Surge seemed visibly confused by this, though Sleight's expression remained the same as before. Sandrock smiled. "Allow me to demonstrate." Without another word, the SCI leader sat in the throne, placing the Master Ball in a slot on one of the arm rests.

Instantly, numerous grooves on the seat lit up, glowing blue with energy. Wires across the floor, all of them connected to the seat, glowed brightly, transferring the energy to several orb-like objects around the room. The next instant, Buzz, Surge, Sleight, and their Pokémon all grimaced in pain, suddenly finding themselves unable to move as some unknown force dominated their minds and bodies. Sandrock smirked.

"Brilliant, isn't it?" he called. "With a few adjustments, Team Rocket's own control program--the one you wanted shut down, Sleight; perhaps you remember that?--can be synched up with the water manipulation powers of Manaphy, and in turn, its powers can be extended to living creatures. Like such." Involuntarily, Surge's hand moved to the holster at his belt. The Lieutenant drew a pistol, which he aimed at Buzz's chest, the Bug-Specialist's eyes widening in shock and surprise as a bang sounded. Even with a bleeding wound in his chest, the Shadow Admin of Hoenn found that he could not shout out in pain, nor could he fall over. Sandrock chuckled at the scene.

"You really should have left when you had the chance--"

"And you should have learned to control your arrogance by now," Sleight interrupted, causing Sandrock to blink in surprise. Before the startled eyes of the Soil Colossus agents, Sleight began to walk forward, his movements uneven at first, though quickly growing smoother. It was not long before he was walking as if completely unopposed, despite the hold that Sandrock and Manaphy held over the water in his body. The SCI leader increased the force of his power, though this only slowed Sleight down for a moment.

"How many warning signs have you had at this point, Carl?" Sleight asked, beginning to climb the steps leading to the main platform, directly toward the guards. They aimed their guns at him, though the Shadow Admin's Magmortar forced its arms upward, launching carefully aimed bursts of lava at their weapons. They hit, melting them and forcing the guards to clear Sleight's path toward the Soil Colossus leader. "How many years have you had to nurse this grudge of yours? At least ten. And yet, instead of being productive, you've opted again and again to fight us--to contest Team Rocket, to weaken us even in the face of creatures like Ford and the Darkrai."

Sleight glared at Sandrock as he approached the throne, the bewildered man continuing to stare back in shock. Increasing the force of his control continued to do nothing, nothing but make Buzz and Surge growl in pain. Sleight only stopped when he was right in front of Sandrock, looking directly past the sunglasses on the latter's face and into his eyes. It was as if he were gazing directly into Sandrock's soul, weighing his heart, judging his deepest sins.

"Your existence is a pathetic mockery of life, Carl," he said. "Endangering the lives of those around you in some vain attempt at revenge for accidents that occurred in the past, even in spite of the fact that you know yourself to be the cause of the very deaths you seek to avenge." Sleight shook his head. "Your time is over, Carl." Unclipping his own holster, the Shadow Admin drew his pistol, lining it with Carl's forehead. As he began to pull the trigger, the SCI leader dropped his control over Buzz and Surge--the former finally screaming in pain as he regained his senses--focusing all of Manaphy's power on Sleight.

It slowed him for barely a second, only long enough for Sandrock and Sleight to meet each others' eyes again, a silent battle raging between them.

Bang.

In an instant, the machine shut down, Carl's body slumping back against it. Sleight replaced his pistol, picking up the Master Ball and examining it for a moment before placing it on his belt. Leaving the shocked guards where they were, and letting Surge handle Buzz's injury, Sleight stepped over to the main control panel, inputting a series of commands. No one dared move to stop him or try to escape--not after having seen what had just occurred.

"Self-Destruct sequence initiated. T-Minus: Two minutes..."

"Let's go," he called to his group, quickly moving toward the door. As soon as the Rocket members were out, Sleight directed Magmortar to seal the exit shut--much to the dismay of the Soil Colossus members still inside.

Without another word, he led the way out, sending an order to the Rocket forces to do the same.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Lafoyae Belrose, SCI Base, after the battle with Portia

Lafoyae walked away from the body of Portia Raven, her expression being that of cold fury. Her pokemon had been returned, and she had heard the order to return to Sleight. Moving swiftly, the Rocket Assassin headed back the way she came....

"Usher in a new age?", Evan said, his voice echoing with anger, "Only heroes can do that! You sir, are no hero! Lazengann, Drill Run again!"

The Excadrill rushed towards Zekrom and folded into his drill form, slamming into it's chest...

OOC: Should be on the Wiki; but I can't find the moveset right now, due to not having it on my bookmarks. =/ I'd say Close Combat might be best right now. =P-==IC: Zach==-Zach, while all of the others were focusing on trying to stop Zekrom, pulled out the God Stone, and attempted to get it to activate; yet, whatever he did, nothing seemed to work...-==IC: Black==-Black shook his head."I was chosen to be a hero. You may not agree with my methods; but when have heroes ever been accepted? Look even to N; he wasn't accepted until about 2 or 3 years after he was chosen." Black stated, and narrowed his eyes."Bolt Strike." Black commanded, as the great black dragon roared out, and unleashed the entirety of it's currently stored electricity at once. Reshiram attempted to block most of the lightning; however, some managed to get past it...

The remaining lightning struck Evan. He screamed in unbearable agony as he felt all the electricity rushing through his body, causing him pain upon pain. When it was all over, Evan fell over, his body twitching from the electricity......

OOC: Evan isn't dead, but he is mortally wounded.

-==IC: Ray==-"You..." Ray growled to Black, as he saw Evan fall; and shook his head."Let's take him down... I wish we didn't have to fight here, though..." Ray muttered, because the area didn't allow much room to fight; especially with two huge dragons present.-==IC: Summer==-"No!" Summer said, as she shook her head."Why is this even necessary?" Summer wondered, and then sighed."Fusion Flare!" Summer called out, as she attempted to have Reshiram send powerful flames at Zekrom quickly.

IC - Seth:

As Seth sat in the Abundant Shrine, he felt there was something wrong occurring. "Evan!" Seth exclaimed, rising to his feet. Volt rose as well, the Luxray sensing something wrong. "I suppose my meditation will have to wait, Seth muttered, his skin glowing blue. Recalling Volt, time appeared to slow down for him, an ability he was not experienced with using. 'I'm getting tired of running like this... It rarely ends up doing me any good...' Seth thought to himself. 'Don't worry Evan, I'm on my way!' With that, Seth began running at a speed which he had never run before, using his connection with Evan in an attempt to locate where his friend is.

IC - Darkrai:

As the Darkrai hovered in place over the ocean of Hoenn, there was clear unease amongst the Darkrai. In the end, it was Four who spoke up first. "I don't understand... Why do we have to wait around for so long?"

"You heard Master's orders. We are to slow our pace, as it is part of the plan," Five sneered. If we proceed at too quick of a pace, our power will not be great enough to quickly take over the rest of the regions. The only reason we successfully conquered Hoenn and Sinnoh, was because they were already fairly scattered about as a result of chaos occurring within the region, and their attempts to regroup served only to distract them. Now, Johto and Kanto will be difficult to deal with as we are now, but give it just a little longer, and all will be perfect."

"Riiight," growled Four, unleashing a Shadow Ball at the ground out of boredom. "Which is why we've done nothing for so long."

"It is only a matter of time..." One quietly whispered. Everything that had been worked for would soon fall into place...

~Det

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

"Evan!" Ryan cried as he watched the Hero of Space fall. He turned to Black, narrowing his eyes. "You have no right to call yourself a hero," Ryan said through gritted teeth. Entei seemed to share in Ryan's fury, as the Legendary Beast used Eruption in conjunction with Reshiram's Fusion Flare. Meanwhile, Quil rolled around for yet another Rollout, but this time the Typhlosion activated the flames on its back, turning the attack into a Rollout/Flame Wheel combo.

IC: Ellen

By the time Ellen made it to Opelucid City, the thunderstorm had intensified. "We can't stop yet," she panted as she and her Pokemon ran through the streets of the city. Just as she made it to the border between old and new in the center of the city, a brilliant fire erupted far to the west. "That has to be where the battle's going on," she said, doubling her pace.

"What do you want?" Palmer asked, eyeing the group with suspicion.

"We need your help," Dack said, stepping forward.

"If you want me to join the war, no thanks," the Tower Tycoon replied. "I refuse to join either side,"

"This isn't about that," Dack shook his head. "This is about the Darkrai. They've completely covered Sinnoh in their shadows. Your Cresselia might be able to wake everyone up and dispel this darkness."

"Is that what you think?" Palmer said curiously. He pulled out an Ultra Ball and stared at it, deep in thought. Although Dack couldn't tell what Pokemon was inside the ball, he had a pretty good guess. A light pink aura surrounded the Ultra Ball for a moment before subsiding. "Cresselia knows why you're here," Palmer told the Rocket agent. "And she refuses to help."

OOC: new profile

Username: ConstructmanName: Geoffrey LannisterFaction: Team RocketHometown: Cocona VillageAge: 27Appearance: He has a Norse look, with blond hair and prominent eye bones. He looks similar to Loki from the films except for the blond hair. He usually wears a high-tech glove. It appears to be a grey cyber-fabric of sorts. This serves as the hiding place for his Rotom.Personality: Geoffrey is obsessed with science and will stop at nothing to unravel the mysteries of the human and pokemon genome. He is very proud of his achievements in the genetic field and will gladly research a new mystery. However, when it comes to criminal matters, he suddenly becomes very dark and dangerous. He is certainly a man you do not want to cross.

Background: Geoffrey came from a very well to do family deeply established in the scientific community. Having been groomed for the scientific life, he became a freelance geneticist and is currently working on, well, he doesn't really know what he's working on. He seems to be working on something about the origins of artificial pokemon but nothing is certain. When he's not in the laboratory however, he gets involved in a much darker facet of society. By night, he is a well known and well feared Triad Boss, and has executed many shady deals in the past, all in the name of Team Rocket.Pokemon: Porygon2, Bannette, RotomSpecies: Porygon2Nickname: Pory, PorygonTrainer: Geoffrey LannisterAppearance: Pory is a bit darker red and lighter blue than most Porygon 2Personality: Pory is very curious and quirky. Like it's trainer, it is quick to investigate new things.Ability: DownloadSpecialty: Pory's Special Attack is extremely high and its beams have devastating effects.Moves: Conversion, Conversion2, Tackle, Psybeam, Signal Beam, RecoverSpecies: BanetteNickname: HannahTrainer: Geoffrey LannisterAppearance: Same as canonPersonality: Hannah, unlike most other Banette, isn't all too vengeful, seeing as she's found a new home in Geoffrey, who loves her very much. She is extremely protective of him and will not hesitate to unleash her full power on whoever dares harm him.Ability: InsomniaSpecialty: Hannah is faster than most Banette.Moves: Knock off, Curse, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Faint Attack, HexSpecies: Rotom

Nickname: Rotor

Trainer: Geoffrey Lannister

Appearance: Rotor usually hides inside Geoffrey's glove. As a result, any attacks it uses will seem to come from Geoffrey himself. However, when it does show itself, it appears exactly like canon.

Personality: Rotor daydreams a lot and is often "out of it". however, when things get serious, Rotor gets serious, and like his master, becomes very cold and calculating.

Ability: Levitate

Specialty: Special Attack

Moves: ThunderShock, Thunder Wave, Confuse Ray, Shock Wave, Astonish, Electro Ball

Edited by Constructman

"Cresselia is a Pokemon associated with good dreams," Karen frowned. "It has a natural rivalry with Darkrai. Why, then, does it refuse to help the victims of the Ancient Darkrai?"

"You're one of the Indigo League's Elite Four," Palmer said, recognizing Karen. "Don't tell me... it's Carmen, right?"

"Karen," the Dark-Type expert said coldly. "Now answer my question. Why won't Cresselia help to stop the Darkrai?"

"Oh, she never said that," Palmer explained. "She simply refuses to help this young man over here." He looked directly at Dack. "Cresselia doesn't consider you worthy of her help. You claim that you want to help all the victims of the Darkrai, but deep down, you could care less what happens to the people in Sunyshore or Eterna or Hearthome. You'd be willing to leave Hoenn to its fate; you'd let Johto and Kanto burn. Just as long as your friends in Snowpoint are revived. Am I right?"

Dack narrowed his eyes and clenched his fists, but didn't say anything. Palmer was closer to the truth than he would have liked to admit. He had told Kaito, Vincent, and the others that his goal was to save Sinnoh, but in reality, he only cared about his friend Madison.

"I admire you for wanting to help your friends, but your motives are completely selfish," the Tower Tycoon continued. "And that is why Cresselia refuses to help you."

IC: Evan Tierra

Evan's Excardill ran over to his hurt master. His other Pokemon exited their poke balls and looked at him. Evan's face was twisted with pain due to the residual electricity still in his body. The Hero of space opened his eyes and saw all of his Pokemon looking quite worried.

"Sorry guys and Gnip.", Evan said, smiling weakly, "I guess we're not really useful in this sort of battle.."

With that, his pokemon crowded around him, aiming to at least make sure Evan wasn't struck again. The Hero of Space closed his eyes again, his face the picture of hopelessness and despair.

IC: Feral Tierra, Wayward Cave

"ABOUT TIME YOU GAVE UP HOPE!", Feral's voice echoed in the cave, "THIS IS INCREDIBLE!"

The Spacial Horror and his Garchomp continued to cause devastation in the cave, their strength amplified by Evan's despair.......

Edited by Hades

IC Vincent"Is one man's sin justification to condemn a whole people?" I shot back. "Even if he is at fault, he shouldn't bear responsibility for the disaster that would follow. The blood of the people of the world wouldn't be on his hands.""It would be on Cresselia's. Would you," I said, kneeling down, talking directly to Cressellia, "Rest easy knowing that you doomed a whole planet because of your little moral misconceptions?!" From the tone of my voice, it was getting clear that I was getting mad.

OOC: CM: Looks fine to me.

IC - Sonja Baron - Dragonspiral Tower: The tower had shaken violently at the release of the Bolt Strike attack, enough to knock Sonja off her feet. She grabbed a nearby beam for support, fully expecting this monstrous chain of lightning to be the end of them all as it rushed forward. Her fears were abated when Reshiram moved forward, its massive body taking the brunt of the attack, leaving only wisps of lightning to bounce off of its form and strike the wood around it, creating new scorch marks to match those already present. For a split second, it seemed as if that was the end of the immediate danger.

It wasn't. Another bolt shot under the White Ying Pokémon's wing, striking Evan where he stood. Sonja watched in disbelief and horror as his body convulsed, electricity jumping around his skin and clothes as he screamed in pain before finally collapsing. Too shocked for words, it took Sonja a moment to fully process what had happened.

"Evan..." She dropped Zangetsu's Pokéball, stumbling toward the Team Plasma agent for several paces before breaking into a full-out run. "EVAN!" The various Ground-Type's surrounding him parted as she slid to a stop next to him, dropping to her knees. "No... No... Evan... Not again!"

IC - Kyle Eston - Dragonspiral Tower: Seth was not the only one that seemed to move faster than time itself. Kyle could only stare in total shock as he saw Evan fall, heard the others call out, saw Sonja begin to run toward the fallen Team Plasma officer. All of this seemed to occur in slow motion, and even then, it was too much for Kyle to handle. It was all he could do to stop himself from screaming as the pain from Castelia resurfaced--all of it. Hayes's victory against him, his arm being broken, the city's destruction... Suicune's death...

Death. Another death. Was that what was about to happen--someone else would die for some outrageous idea of what price was necessary for peace, or whatever Black was hoping to accomplish?

Kyle gritted his teeth as a new anger enveloped him, pushing back against the choking pain that was threatening to overwhelm him. Ruj and Kitheus moved back toward him, waiting for another order from their trainer. The Liberty Agent clenched his good hand tightly, his right knuckles turning white from the pressure as his nails dug into his palm, drawing blood. He breathed deeply, trying--and failing--to steady himself, to calm his head. When he looked up, staring past his two Pokémon and directly at Black and Zekrom, his eyes were alight with an unfamiliar flame, burning with both tears and pure, undiluted rage.

"Kitheus... Ruj..." he said quietly, his voice breaking and wavering as he spoke. "End this--Tri-Beam... and Guillotine..." Kyle took a step forward, his next words rapidly turning into a shout. "DON'T HOLD BACK!"

Fueled by their own emotions, the Magneton and Gliscor shot forward once more. Kitheus drew as much power as he could from his surroundings, sending a triple-tipped beam of mixed energies at Zekrom, the air rippling around the attack as it shot through the air. Ruj's claw glowed golden as he charged forward as fast as his wings could carry him, dragging his claw along the ground--and leaving a deep gash in the boards as he went--before launching himself up, aiming to slam into the Black Yang Pokémon's neck...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png