2008 Makuta Alternate Interpretation

In a Discord chat with some other guys, toaskello mentioned being confused about Makuta being a species name, and thought Teridax split himself into Antroz, Chirox, and Vamprah. I thought that was a really interesting idea, with Makuta doing the opposite of a Kaita fusion. The two of us and Keplers all concluded that each 2008 Makuta could be understood as representing a portion of Teridax's personality:

Antroz - Honor

Vamprah - Love for the hunt

Chirox - Brilliance

Bitil - Ambition

Krika - Remorse

Gorast - Rage

Miserix - Duty/Fear

Icarax - Arrogance

Mutran - Insanity

Kojol - Secrecy

• Like 2

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I see what you mean. Teridax’s fellow Makuta represent an aspect of him. It’s like comparing Batman’s villains to Batman himself, as if he is split into many different people, where each have one of his traits. That’s cool. :)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Oooh, this is fun. I'm not super up to snuff on my '08 Makuta, but I like the theory. 

20 minutes ago, Iron_Man5 said:

This raises the question regarding Krika being "regret"... did Teridax ever display regret over his actions in any of the media variations? Internally or otherwise?

I think just because someone doesn't show remorse/regret doesn't mean it's not there. I think it's also possible to have remorse and not be internally aware of it, especially if you're the special brand of megalomaniacal that Teridax is. 

I would also probably group in the 'fear' that's under Miserix and put it in with the remorse one. 

This might be a semantic nitpick, but I think 'cunning' would fit moreso than 'secrecy'. It's like secrecy but with more "mwahahaha, death death death".  All the secrecy that he did employ (and pretty well, if I remember correctly) was always part of something bigger, used as a means to an end.

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

On 6/6/2020 at 10:14 AM, Aderia said:

Oooh, this is fun. I'm not super up to snuff on my '08 Makuta, but I like the theory. 

I think just because someone doesn't show remorse/regret doesn't mean it's not there. I think it's also possible to have remorse and not be internally aware of it, especially if you're the special brand of megalomaniacal that Teridax is. 

I would also probably group in the 'fear' that's under Miserix and put it in with the remorse one. 

This might be a semantic nitpick, but I think 'cunning' would fit moreso than 'secrecy'. It's like secrecy but with more "mwahahaha, death death death".  All the secrecy that he did employ (and pretty well, if I remember correctly) was always part of something bigger, used as a means to an end.

Remorse and fear were the ones I just had to assume he had on some level. At least with honor, I once read a Greg quote that Teridax was serious when he offered Vakama a place in the Brotherhood.

Cunning would definitely work for Teridax, but I assume for Kojol it was really just for the sake of feeling better than anyone else. That's the picture Mutran paints of him, which is why he just let him die, of course, so it didn't work out for him in the long run. But by that point I was stretching it anyway.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!