Old Or New?

BioGio

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, the title has the most basic form of the question. Do you prefer the old or newer appearance and general layout for BZP?

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

I'm undecided about it, really. I liked the old look more, but the new forum is faster and seems to work much better.

gckrastin_banner.png

Researchers in the U.K. have developed a vegetable called “super broccoli” designed to fight heart disease. Not to be outdone, researchers in America have developed a way to stuff an Oreo inside another Oreo.

Hello there, I am a brony!

:D

It's easier now to do fade to transparent images for BZP because it's standard white instead of the special blue of the old, so new, I guess.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I voted for the old, because that obviously has the nostalgic value. The new one is fine, it's sleeker and more modern, but the old one is what I grew up with from 2007, with Hapori Tohu leering down on me and the option to put little emoticons next to your topics.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

New, despite its notable quirks. I can see member's names now, I can Copy/Paste images without having to use BBCode, and the MS Word formatting translates in here easier, meaning I don't have to do as much extensive BBCode tag insertion. Plus the RTE shows me closer to how the actual post will appear. Saves a good deal of editing.

Duh,new forum!The old forum was very hard to navigate,and it wasn't modern,whereas the new forum is much easier to navigate,it's sleeker and more modern.And you don't have to squint in order to see the post.-CDP

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

The skin is terrible in comparison to the old, and the fav orite blog feature is worse. In features however, the new layout offers some improvements over the old.but I feel at least ten times more at home and relaxed in the old forums than the new. If there was a skin select that included a skin like the old one, I would vote for the new setup. As it is, I like the old forums a lot more than the new.

I actually like the new skin. Less color clashing, smoother transitions, and the old logo was a bit..idk, scratchy? Not sure how to describe it. Plus with the logo gone people sitting/standing behind me can't tell that I'm on a Bionicle site, so less teasing. (Don't you all just HATE it when people tease you for this? XD)

Pk57sNJ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I was not here when it was old, so I just voted new. It's pretty awesome here, though.

'"White!" he sneered. "It serves as a beginning. White cloth may be dyed. The white page can be overwritten; and the white light can be broken."

'"In which case it is no longer white," said I. "And he that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

--- Gandalf, The Lord of the Rings

• 2 weeks later...