Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitzu Tv Series Discussion Topic

Aanchir

A full trailer that covers all of season 2 has been found! It has epic images of the Green Ninja, the Great Devourer, the Ultra Sonic Raider, and more! Read the article I wrote on The Ninjago Wiki, and watch the video yourself.

Cool trailer! What I don't like is how the USR is introduced so late into the season. It would've have more potential if it were introduced earlier, but as it is I feel that its appearance is more of a last-minute one.
The Ultra Sonic Raider seems, from its set description, to be a vehicle specifically designed to be used against the Serpentine. From what I can tell, the "sonic" part of its name suggests that it can generate the same frequencies as Sensei Wu's flute. With that in mind, I don't think it should have been introduced earlier. A lot of the conflict in recent episodes came from the Ninja lacking the ancient flute that gave them an edge over the Serpentine. I imagine by the time the USR is introduced, the Ninja will be dealing with not just the Serpentine but also Garmadon and the Great Devourer.
That makes a lot of sense. The thing that I found to be very interesting about the Ultra Sonic Raider in this preview is that the ninja used the Tornado of Creation to form it.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

What happened to Zane's eye. ;_;Anyway, the USR and the Great Devourer-- heck, the entire finale (Or what I assume to be the finale)-- looks amazing. Then again, the trailer made other, more mediocre parts of the season look awesome, so I'll reserve judgement. The scene with the ice bridge still looks four kinds of great.

Yeah, most of those scenes that we haven't already scene are from the finale, which is a two-part episode "The Final Hour". Some of the stuff, like the volcano scene are from "All of Nothing" I believe, and the green ninja is in the next episode I think, because it's titled "The Green Ninja".

Having seen both episodes 10 and 11 I can tell you Lloyd becomes the Green Ninja in episode 10 but doesn't get the suit until episode 11. The volcano scenes are actually from episode 10 as well.

What happened to Zane's eye. ;_;Anyway, the USR and the Great Devourer-- heck, the entire finale (Or what I assume to be the finale)-- looks amazing. Then again, the trailer made other, more mediocre parts of the season look awesome, so I'll reserve judgement. The scene with the ice bridge still looks four kinds of great.

Yeah, most of those scenes that we haven't already scene are from the finale, which is a two-part episode "The Final Hour". Some of the stuff, like the volcano scene are from "All of Nothing" I believe, and the green ninja is in the next episode I think, because it's titled "The Green Ninja".

Having seen both episodes 10 and 11 I can tell you Lloyd becomes the Green Ninja in episode 10 but doesn't get the suit until episode 11. The volcano scenes are actually from episode 10 as well.

Cool. That's the next episode then. Can't wait!Does anybody know if The Final Hour is simultaneous with the two parts (on the same day), or are they one week apart? All I know is that it's a two part episode, but I don't know if they air on the same day or not.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

AWE. SOME. TRAILER. Thanks for the link! :) I can´t wait! The series has been fantastic so far, and the remaining episodes seem amazing. :) Tick Tock and Once Bitten, Twice Shy aired in Germany today. Too bad there is only going to be one new episode next week instead of the usual two, but I can´t compare about the rate in which they are broadcast here either. :P~Gata. ;)

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I´m a bit disappointed that they all seem to have blue eyes when they go NRG. I would have preferred Jay with yellow eyes, Cole with red and Kai with orange, or similar. It´s still pretty awesome when they go NRG, though. Also,

snakes vs skeletons in episode 11! How awesome is that! :DAnyway, the way I see it, Kai unlocks his full potential because he heard Sensei telling Nya that Lloyd is the Green Ninja before, so when he has to save him he accepts the fact that he is not destined to be the Green Ninja. I think Kai´s desire and pressure to be the best, which could be quite seen throughout the first movie and the entire series so far, is what has been holding him back, so when all others had already unlocked their full potential and he realized that he could not even be the Green Ninja, he stopped expecting too much of himself. Of course, we can only guess since the only recordings available online so far are Korean, but I had the theory of Kai already a while back.

For whatever reason the series will stop airing in Germany after the ninth episode this week for an undetermined amount of time, even though it´s just four episodes after that one. I hope they will at least announce after the ninth episode when the series continues, and I hope the break doesn´t take too long. :(~Gata. ;)

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I´m a bit disappointed that they all seem to have blue eyes when they go NRG. I would have preferred Jay with yellow eyes, Cole with red and Kai with orange, or similar. It´s still pretty awesome when they go NRG, though. Also,

snakes vs skeletons in episode 11! How awesome is that! :biggrin:Anyway, the way I see it, Kai unlocks his full potential because he heard Sensei telling Nya that Lloyd is the Green Ninja before, so when he has to save him he accepts the fact that he is not destined to be the Green Ninja. I think Kai´s desire and pressure to be the best, which could be quite seen throughout the first movie and the entire series so far, is what has been holding him back, so when all others had already unlocked their full potential and he realized that he could not even be the Green Ninja, he stopped expecting too much of himself. Of course, we can only guess since the only recordings available online so far are Korean, but I had the theory of Kai already a while back.

For whatever reason the series will stop airing in Germany after the ninth episode this week for an undetermined amount of time, even though it´s just four episodes after that one. I hope they will at least announce after the ninth episode when the series continues, and I hope the break doesn´t take too long. :(~Gata. ;)

That's interesting, and quite well thought-out. I expected something of the similar sort to be Kai's last barrier from meeting his true potential, as was Zane's past, Jay's passion, and Cole's concern for others (I guess that's something like what Cole's was).Also, I don't know why they are stopping at the ninth episode in Germany for now. In the US, we just got the ninth episode, and the tenth episode will be airing this Wednesday. I know that the episode release dates are different for other countries, but it just seems odd that all of a sudden they just stop for an undetermined amount of time...

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

snakes vs skeletons in episode 11! How awesome is that! :biggrin:Anyway, the way I see it, Kai unlocks his full potential because he heard Sensei telling Nya that Lloyd is the Green Ninja before, so when he has to save him he accepts the fact that he is not destined to be the Green Ninja. I think Kai´s desire and pressure to be the best, which could be quite seen throughout the first movie and the entire series so far, is what has been holding him back, so when all others had already unlocked their full potential and he realized that he could not even be the Green Ninja, he stopped expecting too much of himself. Of course, we can only guess since the only recordings available online so far are Korean, but I had the theory of Kai already a while back.

That's interesting, and quite well thought-out. I expected something of the similar sort to be Kai's last barrier from meeting his true potential, as was Zane's past, Jay's passion, and Cole's concern for others (I guess that's something like what Cole's was).Also, I don't know why they are stopping at the ninth episode in Germany for now. In the US, we just got the ninth episode, and the tenth episode will be airing this Wednesday. I know that the episode release dates are different for other countries, but it just seems odd that all of a sudden they just stop for an undetermined amount of time...
Great to see you agree. I guess it´s just two days until we know if I was right or not. :)I have no idea. Perhaps there wasn´t enough free space but since they always show two episodes at a time it should have been possible to continue for two more weeks. What´s more puzzling is their decision to air episodes 8 and 9 next week, instead of 9 and 10 as episode 8 has already aired. I understand they have to repeat one episode in order to broadcast The Final Hour at a time instead of splitting it up in two weeks, but why they have decided to repeat an episode just on the week before stopping makes no sense. What if they actually haven´t dubbed the remaining episodes yet? Maybe one of the voice actors got ill after recording the ninth episode but seeing as filling the already scheduled gaps with something else would become too much of a hassle, they decided to broadcast what they had and wait for the rest.~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Great to see you agree. I guess it´s just two days until we know if I was right or not. :)I have no idea. Perhaps there wasn´t enough free space but since they always show two episodes at a time it should have been possible to continue for two more weeks. What´s more puzzling is their decision to air episodes 8 and 9 next week, instead of 9 and 10 as episode 8 has already aired. I understand they have to repeat one episode in order to broadcast The Final Hour at a time instead of splitting it up in two weeks, but why they have decided to repeat an episode just on the week before stopping makes no sense. What if they actually haven´t dubbed the remaining episodes yet? Maybe one of the voice actors got ill after recording the ninth episode but seeing as filling the already scheduled gaps with something else would become too much of a hassle, they decided to broadcast what they had and wait for the rest.~Gata. ;)
Who knows. The thing about airing The Final Hour makes sense, but I'm still unsure. I still don't know if both parts will be shown on one day or not in the US...

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

It just occured to me: we don't have many more episodes before the end of this years series, yet we have 9 more months of 2012. What are we going to do then? Are we just gonna watch re-runs or are they going to postpone the series, or are the episodes after going to premiere or what?EDIT: Also, I believe the Ultra Sonic Raider is the Tornado of Creation-combination of their vehicles. OR maybe Zane is finally getting a cooler one?EDIT (again): Also, I just looked at Zane's face, and it looks like half of it is just the robotics underneath exposed, and it's only the right half of his face. Weird...

Edited by T.B.O.C

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

It just occured to me: we don't have many more episodes before the end of this years series, yet we have 9 more months of 2012. What are we going to do then? Are we just gonna watch re-runs or are they going to postpone the series, or are the episodes after going to premiere or what?EDIT: Also, I believe the Ultra Sonic Raider is the Tornado of Creation-combination of their vehicles. OR maybe Zane is finally getting a cooler one?EDIT (again): Also, I just looked at Zane's face, and it looks like half of it is just the robotics underneath exposed, and it's only the right half of his face. Weird...

Since we're already slated to receive a third season, it is a good question what will happen for the next half of the year. There could be reruns before a new season in 2013, or maybe a "filler arc" with stories about the Ninja that don't directly connect with whatever the 2013 story and sets are intended to depict.The Ultra Sonic Raider is definitely a vehicle for all the Ninja, not just Zane-- the Toy Fair pictures reveal that it features all four Ninja's emblems, and naturally it seats all of them.

I think it'd be hilarious if Sensei Wu's flute became the USR. I'm probably being really optimist about that, though, considering it looks like it's the ninja's four golden weapons that create it.Anyway, I watched "The Royal Blacksmiths" earlier and enjoyed it immensely. One of my favorite episodes yet, maybe even on par with "Tick Tock". I cracked up at the ninja's "harmonious" vocalizations, and when Pythor ate the judge. Gosh, Pythor is awesome.also those cool rock monster things oh yeah

overlordsukapon.png

Python has become one of my favorite villains. Anyway,

I think I know how Lloyd the green ninja(its been revealed in January Lloyd is the green ninja) beats his father and "defeats" the dark lordThe staffs all together form an anti venom for the Great Devourers venomOr something else, cause I doubt Lloyd would want to kill his own dad

Edited by -Windrider-

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

I think it'd be hilarious if Sensei Wu's flute became the USR. I'm probably being really optimist about that, though, considering it looks like it's the ninja's four golden weapons that create it.Anyway, I watched "The Royal Blacksmiths" earlier and enjoyed it immensely. One of my favorite episodes yet, maybe even on par with "Tick Tock". I cracked up at the ninja's "harmonious" vocalizations, and when Pythor ate the judge. Gosh, Pythor is awesome.also those cool rock monster things oh yeah

The camera added a few pounds... And an insane giant purple snake with a fake beard. Seriously, how did he get by with that lame excuse?

aouROFb.png

Important update! The twelfth episode as we had thought is not a two-part "Final Hour" episode, and is actually a twelfth and a thirteenth episode. Their names are "Rise of the Great Devourer" and "Day of the Great Devourer".

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Oh okay. Not that big a difference, though I guess that means we won't get a two-parter on a single day, and I guess that's kind of lame.Anyway, the new episode...I guess it was okay? I found the antics even more insufferable than usual, though at least the Serpentine weren't involved in them too much. Still, the entire episode.. ehh. It's definitely the weaker of the NRG episodes. The way Kai magically figured out his role in the end was a bit random, and the Serpentine being able to retrieve the blade was pretty much stupid convenient.The end was just ridiculous too. Oh hey, heartflet reunion! Lord of Darkness finally bonding with his son! Oh wait, I guess Lloyd's the Green Ninja! Too bad bro, your kid's gonna have to kick your behind, even if the entire episode has been implying that you could all reach peace!They pushing the fact that there must be hostility between the Garmadons despite the fact that neither wants to is crazy lame.

AXKP5KC.png

The camera added a few pounds... And an insane giant purple snake with a fake beard. Seriously, how did he get by with that lame excuse?
It was pretty clear to me that the other judges knew Pythor wasn't the real deal. They just didn't call him out on it because they didn't want to be eaten, too.Anyway, the new episode was decent, although I think they overdid Kai's desire to be the green ninja and retrieve the fang blade, and it was somewhat unclear how he connected the dots to figure out that not only did Lloyd need saving, he needed to be saved because he was the green ninja. Seriously, Kai, you couldn't just save him because he was a small child sinking into a pit of lava?That said, there were good elements to this episode. The whole "roommates with Garmadon" montage was hilarious. It was great seeing the falcon again (and hearing its awesome theme music). Lloyd's reunion with Garmadon was well-done, even when the two realized that they would be destined to fight one-another. It remains to be seen whether this will even happen; Garmadon doesn't seem the type to realize that prophecies, especially vaguely-worded ones like the green ninja prophecy, can be interpreted in multiple ways.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

It was pretty clear to me that the other judges knew Pythor wasn't the real deal. They just didn't call him out on it because they didn't want to be eaten, too.Anyway, the new episode was decent, although I think they overdid Kai's desire to be the green ninja and retrieve the fang blade, and it was somewhat unclear how he connected the dots to figure out that not only did Lloyd need saving, he needed to be saved because he was the green ninja. Seriously, Kai, you couldn't just save him because he was a small child sinking into a pit of lava?That said, there were good elements to this episode. The whole "roommates with Garmadon" montage was hilarious. It was great seeing the falcon again (and hearing its awesome theme music). Lloyd's reunion with Garmadon was well-done, even when the two realized that they would be destined to fight one-another. It remains to be seen whether this will even happen; Garmadon doesn't seem the type to realize that prophecies, especially vaguely-worded ones like the green ninja prophecy, can be interpreted in multiple ways.
Yea I think its not gonna be a fight till the death, cause c'mon would any dad or son wanna kill one of their own kin?!

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Yea I think its not gonna be a fight till the death, cause c'mon would any dad or son wanna kill one of their own kin?!
I remember hearing something about Great Devourer antivenom that would turn Lord Garmadon good again after all those years of evil.

aouROFb.png

Well, given that Lord Garmadon is already dead, I would say it would be impossible for Lloyd and Lard Garmadon to fight to the death.
How well will you die?

Well, given that Lord Garmadon is already dead, I would say it would be impossible for Lloyd and Lard Garmadon to fight to the death.
How is he dead? Nothing says that at all. He has been transformed by both the effects of the Great Devourer bite and the influences of the Underworld, but nothing says that he is dead.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Garmadon isn't dead, he's just disfigured and infected by the Great Devourer, not dead.By the way, that is a hilarious sig.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

Garmadon isn't dead, he's just disfigured and infected by the Great Devourer, not dead.By the way, that is a hilarious sig.
The original LEGO website bio for him said he was dead. It's why he was in the Underworld in the first place.
How well will you die?

The original LEGO website bio for him said he was dead. It's why he was in the Underworld in the first place.
That's extremely odd, because he literally "fell" into the Underworld in "An Underworldly Takeover" and several flashback scenes from other episodes.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

The final two episodes are online (albeit in Korean)!

What I don't like is how the USR gets less even two minutes of screen time and how the 4-headed dragon just comes out of nowhere, creating a huge plot hole. The green ninja gets extremely little action (meaning that he doesn't ride the 4-headed dragon) which sucks IMO.Other than that they are great episodes! :)

The final two episodes are online (albeit in Korean)!

What I don't like is how the USR gets less even two minutes of screen time and how the 4-headed dragon just comes out of nowhere, creating a huge plot hole. The green ninja gets extremely little action (meaning that he doesn't ride the 4-headed dragon) which sucks IMO.Other than that they are great episodes! :)

Yeah, the Ultra Sonic Raider could use more time, but the role it plays is fairly big.The Ultra Dragon doesn't just come out of nowhere. Earlier on in the season, the ninja had to release the dragons to let them travel to the Spirit Coves to molt. Now, they have returned and where most likely transformed at the Spirit Coves.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I'm ready for 2013 already! I cant wait for what might come next! So im guessing Lloyd will be either Lighting or all 4 elements or wind. Theories?

I'm ready for 2013 already! I cant wait for what might come next!So im guessing Lloyd will be either Lighting or all 4 elements or wind. Theories?

Since it was said in previous episodes that the green ninja "would be the one to master all four elements", I'd say that he will have the ability to use all four elements. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I'm ready for 2013 already! I cant wait for what might come next!

So im guessing Lloyd will be either Lighting or all 4 elements or wind. Theories?

I think it´s been explicitly said the Green Ninja unites all four elements. Anyway, you might want to put the identity of the Green Ninja into spoiler tags. ;)-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

So im guessing Lloyd will be either Lighting or all 4 elements or wind. Theories?

I think it´s been explicitly said the Green Ninja unites all four elements. Anyway, you might want to put the identity of the Green Ninja into spoiler tags. ;)-Gata signoff.jpg

What I don't get is why they made Lloyd a Lightning character before just Ninja'ing him. Was it just a small thing to play along with the card game, or what?

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

What I don't get is why they made Lloyd a Lightning character before just Ninja'ing him. Was it just a small thing to play along with the card game, or what?

Well, if his skills were all equal he would either be far weaker than any other character (2-2-2-2, compared to the weakest characters, the Serpentine scouts, who have 3-2-2-2) or as strong as Sensei Wu and Lord Garmadon (3-3-3-3). Besides, it could be a case of him having to work to master the other elements, rather than all four coming naturally to him in equal proportions. Not to mention that having his stats equal could have spoiled the fact that he would become the green ninja.

But enough on that. We're getting off topic.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

So any theories on the next villain? besides that pirate one.I think since we have no clue who is Lloyd's mother, maybe she could be as a villain? I mean c'mon a villainXvillain couple makes sense. She could be the queen of the spiders of the under world (and no she would be human like garmadon or wu) and it could be like the ninja and skulkin vs the spiders, but thats just a theory and a fan series I'm working on.

I think Pirate Skulkin should be the next enemies, that'd just be funny. Anyway, if it's Ninja vs. Pirates, then they'll probably be all new characters that start to plague Ninjago. Maybe with a better twist, like Zacax mentioned above?

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

Today's episode "All of Nothing" was very great in my opinion. The moments where Garmadon was alone with Lloyd and he discussed his past and his choices where very meaningful in my opinion, and it also had some great comedy. I especially loved when Kruncha said "Because everybody hates snakes" after Pythor asked Garmadon why the Skeleton Army would trust him anymore.I can't wait until next week when "Rise of the Great Devourer" airs! :D

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I was a bit underwhelmed by some parts of All of Nothing.

For one thing, it did feel like when he was talking to Lloyd, Lord Garmadon was simply using the Great Devourer's bite as an excuse to be evil rather than showing actual internal conflict due to the evil urges inflicted on him.Lloyd's performance as the Green Ninja was pretty underwhelming. Sure, he's a little kid with no proper Ninja training, but I'd assume that he'd be showing more potential than he did with his clumsy rescue attempt. The fact that he did, with Lord Garmadon's help, rescue the other Ninja helped alleviate this disappointment.The battle of skeletons vs. snakes was neat, but not as epic as I had hoped. Overall, it wasn't a bad episode, but not as impressive for me as the ones that had preceded it in which the Ninja unlocked their true potential.

Eh, I didn't like the new episode all that much. With every subsequent episode this series seems to try and expand my willing suspension of disbelief to even thinner levels, and it keeps going from "so mediocre it's kind of good" to "so mediocre it's mediocre." The gags are incredibly tiresome by now, and the potential there was for anything resembling real internal conflict in the villains is sadly wasted. I also can't begin to express my dislike for how Lord Garmadon's character is being handled. It's bad enough that's he's self aware of his "evil" being caused by the GD, but the thing is, he does not act evil at all. He keeps rambling on about how unfortunate he is that he got bitten and how Lloyd should follow his own free choices and blah blah blah. A true evil villain would try to turn his son into a mirror of his malice, and his wish for Ninjago to be recreated in his image directly contradicts his "boys should choose what they are" mindset. His mind isn't really corrupted. He really just seems to be using his bite as an excuse as for why he occasionally and sparingly does some evil things---And I do mean occasionally, and I certainly do mean sparingly, because despite everything that is being said about him, he has done nothing of substantial evil value. (Here I'm going to go on a tangent so bear with me) At the beginning we are told that he wanted to own all four weapons, but that he was defeated by Wu and then sent to the underground. I assumed this was a brief summary of what happened, giving the broad picture of a grander struggle, but we find out that that description is meant to be taken literally. He seriously just told his brother "Hey let's use these weapons," and after two minutes of fighting, he fell to the underground. Which isn't evil, or threatening, nor is it worthy of Garmadon's apparent Big Bad role. It's really just kind of pathetic.Nothing he does afterwards is really terrible either. I guess kidnapping Nia and tricking Samukai was kind of bad? He never even used the skeleton army for any grand-scale evil, even though the land was mostly unprotected and he had decades to do so. And his behavior in the 2012 series has just been weak. Using "The Green Ninja" as an example, Garmadon just acts really incompetent as a villain: Wu sent Garmadon for the four weapons (Which was stupid from Wu's part to begin with). We all know Garmadon wants the weapons, so why in the world did he not just take them and use their power to save Lloyd himself? Honestly. Even though he himself tells Wu that he shouldn't be so trusting, he doesn't give any reasons why they shouldn't be. It's annoying.But I guess I'm just rambling about this by this point. There were other things that bothered me about the episode, but I'll be darned if I'm going to keep writing. I'm just hoping the finale will be better. :T

Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png