Island Monitoring Service

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Skarloth: Hm.... Let's see... The only thing I can think of that would really affect any of your characters is the fact that Jontan and Rastaque found the WoLves' base by chance and hurled a trapped cache inside, though that's been taken care of. Right now, we're all either running away from a wave of sand that's about to crush the base, or trying to stop it. Depending on whether or not you have any ability that can help in the latter.Other than that, not much of importance has happened. Aside from some arguing and a fight between some people at Yawning Sunder. Regardless...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

I promised myself that I would make a new character if IoP won the contest, unfortunately, it looks like I will have to keep my promise.

How is that so 'unfortunate', pray tell? The only negative thing about that would be if the new char becomes another member of the WoL.xP-The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

All the better a chance that we'd actually get off the island, then. =PWhat people don't realize, is that this isn't just a group to crush any competition; it's a group for freedom. To actually get off this island, and crush the shepherds. And people are either insane, or just evil in-game, if they want to stop the Wolves. =P

All the better a chance that we'd actually get off the island, then. =PWhat people don't realize, is that this isn't just a group to crush any competition; it's a group for freedom. To actually get off this island, and crush the shepherds. And people are either insane, or just evil in-game, if they want to stop the Wolves. =P

The 75% thing is exactly it. I hate seeing such large groups when the game is so small (compared to the BZPRPG, that is). It's like a black hole that only attracts chances of interaction and/or fights with even numbers of combatants...And the snowball effect doesn't help.I understand it's a group for freedom. But Bonnae and Grotir aren't evil or insane (you can POSSIBLY say so with Grotir, but IMHO, she's just a Chaotic/True Neutral Blood Knight). And I plan on those two-particularly the first-attempting to stop the WoL.-The Fearless Leader Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

But the question is why. xDEveryone's shown that chances of fighting isn't diminished, it just means that you get more of a chance to fight one certain group, than having to randomly find them. If anything, staying in a central location is just attracting attackers. And Suicavel single-handedly wreaking destruction shows they're not invincible. =PAnd when in-game their goal is freedom, and actually getting off the island, it's weird that people who want similar things in-game would try to stop a similar-minded group. That's all I'm trying to say. The whole Darkon thing is somewhat explainable, even if Tenu going along with it is very weird. But when one group hasn't even met the Wolves, it seems weird that after explanations occur they wouldn't at least ally. =P

I never said the Wolves were invincible. But I feel fights with more even numbers of characters are more fun-typically because people can arrange one-on-ones that bring out the different qualities and fighting styles of each, as opposed to 'everyone attacks char A'. And even though I know they aren't invincible, they still possess relatively extreme numbers of powerful people, a solid and easily defensible base, and apparently superior weapons to everything-save the Nynrah Gauntlet. So forgive me if they seem incredibly tough to beat.And actually, chances of fighting have diminished. Any char who has half a brain will never attack that many...And all my chars fit that description and then some.The thing is that Grotir and Bonnae would never join with them because they don't have even remotely similar goals. Grotir's a Blood Knight; therefore, she's only going to ally with them if it appears she'd get to see more action that way. Bonnae's an extreme cynic, pessimist, and fatalist; therefore, he'll dismiss their plans as completely hopeless and fight to make them recognize that they're doomed. -The Fearless Leader

Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Or he'll be won over with a new weapon.

...No.Bonnae doesn't care for new weapons. The only weapons he likes are his own, which he can make other ones of if he needs to. And they're completely ancestral-they're part of the culture he loves. He'd not join because of some snazzy collapsible claymore.Come to think of it, Bonnae is in many ways more noble than some members of the Wolves. He's devoted to only one cause, and tragically misguided though it may be (IMHO) he's still a Byronic sort of hero at heart: He'll fight against overwhelming odds, even in spite of his own claims that one can't fight fate; not only that, but he is actually cultured and philosophical. Plus, he won't join simply because they've got cool weapons.-The Fearless Leader Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

She does. But she replaced them for Wolverine-style Nuparu tri-claw gauntlets from a cache. Not saying they couldn't be fixed, especially considering they're both in her pack.Now if Myr knew how to craft a .500 10-shot revolver, or perhaps a combat shotgun... :devil: -The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

and apparently superior weapons to everything

I never said that. =P The best that Myr can do is create collapsible stuff or projectile launchers or things like that.You won't see fancy stuff like that fire sword the Skakdi has now, or the Nynrah Gauntlet, or anything with actual powers, being made by the Wolves. It's just not possible the way it's made. It might be better than the stuff everyone is able to keep, but it's not better than the fancy cache or reward stuff. =PI do get what you mean by the whole 'it's uneven!' comment, but I also don't see why everyone has to automatically try and disband them. D= But yeah, fight if you wish, since it gives interaction, but I don't see why you guys can't try and form up a similar group to try and at least match the Wolves to start. And if that happens, then maybe the Wolves could convince the people that allying would, in fact, be the better idea, as there'd be no hope for the Shepherds if 40+ people attacked all at once. Even if they have a Makuta. xD

Myr may be the best at making bizarre weaponry, but the best smith isn't even on the island anymore.I personally think we need to Toa Seal the Makuta. There's no way we can just kill it with that many powers.

Come to think of it, Bonnae is in many ways more noble than some members of the Wolves. He's devoted to only one cause, and tragically misguided though it may be (IMHO) he's still a Byronic sort of hero at heart: He'll fight against overwhelming odds, even in spite of his own claims that one can't fight fate; not only that, but he is actually cultured and philosophical. Plus, he won't join simply because they've got cool weapons.

Because being an emo runaway Willian Wallace works for him :P? At least the real one died for his beliefs.Just saying.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Lev: Well, we could break it's armour, and then have someone try and have the Antidermis dissipate... Or, we could use the Felnas on it... Or something else. Remember, it might have the advantage in pure powers controlled by one person, but we have the advantage in sheer numbers, and other such things. =P

Myr may be the best at making bizarre weaponry, but the best smith isn't even on the island anymore.I personally think we need to Toa Seal the Makuta. There's no way we can just kill it with that many powers.

Come to think of it, Bonnae is in many ways more noble than some members of the Wolves. He's devoted to only one cause, and tragically misguided though it may be (IMHO) he's still a Byronic sort of hero at heart: He'll fight against overwhelming odds, even in spite of his own claims that one can't fight fate; not only that, but he is actually cultured and philosophical. Plus, he won't join simply because they've got cool weapons.

Because being an emo runaway Willian Wallace works for him :P? At least the real one died for his beliefs.Just saying.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
The best smith was Sledge, if I do recall my reading of profiles.And no, it doesn't. But that doesn't change that he's still more of a gentleman than pretty much anyone else in the game xP-The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Levacius is... no, he's not a gentlemen. He can pull off the whole diplomatic aristocrat thing for a whole five minutes before stabbing the guy across the table.Perhaps it is he, not Grotir, I should face in battle.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Just so you guys know, it was meant to rise and immediately fall, taking about five to ten seconds. Even with the attempts at slowing it, it would fall rather quickly. Seems that you're acting like it's taking a few minutes to fall. XD And it was meant to cover the entire base, roof and all. Probably the safest place to be would be the side directly opposite from whence the wave is coming, due to that section of the wave being lessened.@Ihu: First, Saint is big, but rather strong and very agile. So he could leap over the beams and with another leap be close enough to swing the sword. So that covers that. But anyways... Second, I apologize. The wording you used was slightly confusing, so I thought that you said the grass was trying to attack him. I still don't fully understand what you meant. Is the grass-tree attacking him? If so, I think that would be stopped, as it's a direct attack using control over the plant.Anyways, You all know that Jotan is the most awesome guy in existence and that everyone will bow to him before they die. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.pngOr, y'know, I just conceited.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Let's see here, Sledge apparently used a forge, Myr does not.Sledge made weapons for caches, and the weapons thus far aren't very complex, Myr made a scabbard that can sharpen his sword, launch it at deadly speeds, and it still is light enough to be carried by most of the inhabitants of the Island.Myr was renowned for the effectiveness of his odd, but durable weapons. Where is Sledge's notoriety?

You'll be bowing to the sword stuck through your Akaku.And we've been holding the wave in place. Not to mention it would take more than a few second for it to rise if it was big enough to cause any serious damage.EDIT: @ Myr; His notoriety? Nynrah Ghost.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor